Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#808955 Nov 20, 2012
Homer wrote:
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)— Construction on new homes rose in October to the highest rate in more than four years, government data showed Tuesday, in another sign of a strengthening U.S. housing market.
Housing starts rose 3.6% last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 894,000, the highest rate since July 2008, the U.S. Department of Commerce reported. Starts are up 42% from last year, though the rate remains far below a bubble peak of almost 2.3 million in 2006.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/housing-star...
Slowly shedding the effects of the Bush debacle.
Must be Obama's fault. Can we really take four more years of positive economic data?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808956 Nov 20, 2012
Official: Changes to Benghazi talking points made by intel community

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-California, told CNN on Monday that Petraeus explained why the talking points were changed.

"Gen. Petraeus made it clear that that change was made to protect classified sources of information, not to spin it, not to politicize it and it wasn't done at the direction of the white house. That really ought to be the end of it, but it isn't. So we have to continue to go around this merry go round, but at a certain point when all the facts point in a certain direction, we're going to have to accept them as they are and move on," Schiff said.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/19/offi...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#808957 Nov 20, 2012
NOT CUTE TOOLOO wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, you don't want his old-man saliva on your manhood ...
Liberal Democrats like Dumb Dave don't have manhood. They are just little boys who want mommy to take care of them. Insecure POS's. Are you one of them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#808958 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
As merit pay, for performance.
Based upon profits; Hostess made no profits, gave bonuses and raises.
That's called the Bain principle.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808959 Nov 20, 2012
Poor Mitt Romney has become a Republican punching bag as leaders within the party denounce his post-election comments about how President Obama won re-election by promising government-funded "gifts" to minority groups and young voters. As Republicans jab Romney though, they're missing the larger, more pressing point: They don't have a Mitt Romney problem. They have a Fox News problem.

Romney's "gifts" put-down echoed the infamous claim Romney made during the campaign that 47 percent of Americans see themselves as "victims" and are overly dependent on the government. With the campaign concluded, lots of fellow Republicans now feel free to bash Romney:

• "It's nuts," said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

• "I absolutely reject what he said," announced Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

• "When you're in a hole, stop digging. He keeps digging," complained Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

Though prominent conservatives are now lashing out at the former presidential candidate, the truth is Fox News has loudly championed the divisive philosophy behind Romney's "47 percent" and "gifts" comments for months and practically authored them for the Republican candidate. Last week Fox talkers cheered Romney's "gifts" post-election critique, treating it as a universal truth.(According to Fox Business host Stuart Varney, Obama was "buying votes with taxpayer money. Handouts all over the place.")

And it's not just a Fox News problem. Republicans have an even more expansive right-wing media problem (television, radio, Internet, etc.), which now doubles as the face and voice of the GOP and which celebrates the kind of toxic "47 percent" and "gifts" rhetoric that's being condemned within the party.

http://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/20/t...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#808960 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I would just find another pharmacy, having no right to demand that you do something against your principles.
What a load. A doctor writes a prescription, patient brings it to be filled. The pharmacists job is to fill it, not preach and judge others and impose his beliefs on others. When does it end with you wingnuts?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Chicago Thugtown

#808961 Nov 20, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You scared me, I thought I drove you away. Let me know if I'm rubbing your nose in shitt so much that you run off like you did Nov 6. I'll let up bit, it's too much fun watching you squirm. If it gets too bad here you can just turn on FOX and join their pity party and they'll get your head spinning with lies so fast that you'll think you right wing morons won.
See you at bingo!
Hehe...

A pansy like you can't run anyone off.

Hehe...

Cowards like you that shoot defenseless animals are just cowards.

My guy was Gary Johnson, idiot, so yer barkin up the wrong tree weenie boy. Senile old goober.

Hehe...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#808962 Nov 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to make Flack really mad.
He hasn't recovered yet from the sock market not tanking on Friday.
Maybe it'll crash tomorrow so he can have a happy thanksgiving.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808963 Nov 20, 2012
Petraeus supports Rice's Benghazi assessment - so what is the GOP's problem?

....In an interview immediately after that hearing, Chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, Republican Congressman Peter King said that the CIA initially wrote in its assessment that attack was connected to an Al Qaeda-affiliated group, but that point was removed during a standard review by the broader intelligence community. King said that General Petraeus testified that he was not upset that the reference to Al Qaeda was removed from the intelligence assessment before it was made public. In fact, King made clear that the CIA okayed the assessment after the reference to Al Qaeda was removed. So why then attack and finger pointing at Ambassador Rice when she was merely relaying the best information she had at the time that was "unclassified"? But if the Republicans and conservative media pundits insist on our government giving out "classified"informat ion being gathered during an investigation to terrorists, perhaps they should take it up with our intelligence people.

Of course, Fox News has not focused on the fact that General Petraeus was not upset that the Al Qaeda reference was removed from the assessment before it was made public. Nor that the CIA okayed the assessment Ambassador Rice referenced relied upon. Moreover, Ambassador Rice never ruled out that the attack was an act of terrorism but what she said was consistent with the assessment made by our intelligence community presented to her.

What happened at Benghazi was tragic. There doesn't appear to be any scandal or attempted cover-up attached to Benghazi from what we know so far. However questions still need to be answered regarding future security concerns for Americans stationed at consulates and embassies in dangerous places around the world. That said, instead of all the politicizing, insults, hysteria, finger pointing, and false accusations from those in Congress and unqualified "armchair generals" in the conservative news media, we should wait for the current investigation to conclude. At that point, all necessary parties in government need to come together to fix the problem to insure that all the weak points are addressed. The focus should be on protecting Americans in our government agencies all over the world and enough with the politics already.

The least we can do to honor their commitment and to honor those four Americans who lost their life is to act in a dignified, mature manner instead of all this partisanship, name calling and finger pointing. As for some of you Republicans still upset over the election results - let it go already, it's over.

http://www.examiner.com/article/petraeus-supp...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#808964 Nov 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's gotta be the dumbest fkn post I've ever read.
LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Chicago Thugtown

#808965 Nov 20, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load. A doctor writes a prescription, patient brings it to be filled. The pharmacists job is to fill it, not preach and judge others and impose his beliefs on others. When does it end with you wingnuts?
Whew! The only load around here would be the one in your pants, granny bat.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#808966 Nov 20, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Always humorous to listen to the liberals talk about how they would run a corporation when they have most likely failed at any business venture that have ever attempted. This is why most love the government union work as they can be as incompetent as they like and still be paid exorbitant salaries on the back of the real working taxpayers.
Homer appears to be just another government dependent looking for any justification to explain why he lives off the sweat of others because he is too lazy to make it on his own. This is why the 47% were so outraged when Romney called them out and why we supply EBT cards to the losers now instead of food stamps. They have no problem taking their cut of your paycheck… just as long as you don’t call them out on it
With the exception of me the only business owners on here I know of are liberals.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#808967 Nov 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be Obama's fault. Can we really take four more years of positive economic data?
"more"? We haven't had any for the past 4 years. I hope the thus far incompetent Obama's magic hopey-changey wand will work better during the next 4.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#808968 Nov 20, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> We still have g while driving, walking, etc. Also have great upswing in jackassing. Don't forget skateboards, bicycles and motorcycles. A large crowd will go with drugs, alcohol, and energy drinks.
Yet despite all of that death rates continue to decline and average life spans continue to rise.

More dopes for the Pope!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Da Man

Silver Spring, MD

#808969 Nov 20, 2012
Four More Years!!! All HAIL OBAMA!

Tea baggers are dead meat!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#808970 Nov 20, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
ONLIEST MAN OR WOMAN COME AT YOU HEAD ON IS A FOOL. BES' WAY TO DO IT IS TO PASS QUIETLY BY AN' THEN POP THE CHILD'S HEAD OFF LIKE A BOTTLE OF YOO-HOO. DON' YOU KNOW NUTHIN'? YOU WANT TO HURT A MAN YOU DON' HURT HIM; YOU HURT WHAT HE LOVES. OH, OH, BUT YOU GUN PERMIT GON' SAVE YOU... IN THE 3/10 THS OF A SECOND YOU WILL HAVE TO RESPOND. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SURE IT WILL, SURE IT WILL...
Knowing that another person may have a gun on them prevents the more sober of us from escalating a minor disagreement into a physical assault. Stalkers lose interest when they think their prey is armed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808971 Nov 20, 2012
The Nasty GOP?

For some conservatives, the labels “nasty” and “mean” are well earned.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/333713...

So let's see the list: 47%, Fluke, gay marriage and sexual taboos, abortion and rape, and the incentives of controversy.

Seems compete.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808972 Nov 20, 2012
seems complete.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#808973 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>Prove that anyone receives $100 a week
Black drug users are skinny!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#808974 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Hi Tigger
Please don't make up pet names for me, i just ate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min jacques Ottawau 181,783
Amy 12-19 10 min not a ghost 5
abby 12-19 14 min not a ghost 5
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 39 min Foster 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr rahul rana 98,839
9 inch kaa land 2 hr Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,914
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:38 am PST

Bleacher Report 1:38AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action