Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,386)

Showing posts 747,701 - 747,720 of1,034,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807532
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>And I haven't heard any response from Obama about the two Iranian fighters taking shots at our drone. Did he ever make a response? I never heard anything. Another foreign policy failure.
He probably wasn't made aware of it, just like all the other stuff he doesn't seem to ever be made aware of.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807533
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mitt Romney made several big gaffes during the presidential campaign, but the biggest by far was his assertion to a room full of rich donors that 47% of Americans refuse to take responsibility for themselves.

As even conservatives quickly pointed out, the half of the country that Romney was referring to--those who don't pay federal income taxes--includes tens of millions of dedicated professionals who pay other taxes and perform services and make things that everyone in this country needs.

The remarks on the conference call reveal three things about Romney, two of which we already knew:

He tailors his remarks to what he thinks the people he's talking to want to hear.

(There's nothing inherently wrong with this. Most good salespeople do it. But it's certainly valid to ask what these salespeople actually believe, and in the case of Romney, we still haven't gotten a clear answer. It's also strange that Romney hasn't learned by now that when you say anything in the context of a presidential campaign, you're talking to the whole country.)

He really doesn't have much respect for people who aren't rich — or, at least, for those who accept any sort of government services, benefits, or help.

Perhaps this is a common view of those in Romney's social circles. If so, it reflects the worldview that Republicans seem desperate to cling to, that the world is made up of "makers" and "takers" and that only the former deserve any respect. The wholesale embrace of this view would be more understandable if so many Romney voters weren't — in the Republican definition — in the "taker" category.

He's a sore loser.

Romney's remarks on the call actually provided a very clear explanation of why he lost. The explanation just doesn't happen to be the one he gave.

(He lost, it seems safe to say, because he doesn't understand or care about the circumstances of most people in this country. You can argue about the effectiveness of social and poverty programs, civil rights laws, and other attributes of a progressive, modern society, but viewing all these things as "gifts" is deeply polarizing at best.)

Romney's concession speech on election night was gracious. Too bad he didn't stop with that one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/romney-obama-w...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807534
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

sonicfilter wrote:
The beating heart of modern conservatism is its visceral appeal to anxieties and fears of white Christians.… Once you understand this then you can see that the Republican party’s problems are deeper than, say, Republican opposition to comprehensive immigration reform, or even the far less controversial DREAM Act. That policy opposition is a symptom of the problem, not the cause. The deeper issue is that for conservative politicians and networks and websites there is simply too much to be gained by feeding the sense of persecution and siege that many white Christians feel down to their toes.
http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/10/white-identity...
Conservatives' susceptibility toward "visceral appeal to anxieties and fears" is scientifically proven.
http://host.madison.com/business/biz_beat/biz...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807535
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

You been swindled wrote:
<quoted text>47 million on food stamps,that was 75% of the votes for Obama.If you are not one of them, then get ready to start feeding them, even if you are the middle class.
Switching names again? Lmao,,,Thanks troll, but I'll pass.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807536
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text> Eliminating all the Government "giveaway" programs would put a big dent in it. I bet if and mammyfare was eliminated a vast majority of ghetto-rats would suddenly find jobs. I bet if Obamaphones were eliminated, a vast majority of ghetto-rats would still find a way to buy one. I bet if foods stamps were eliminated them ghetto-rats wouldn't starve. From the looks of most of them they live to eat anyway. They'd find a way. Maybe get a smaller wide-screen TV or put normal rims on their cars. Or they could just hock all their illegal guns. What the hell is Obama doing giving away food stamps anyway when, according to Moochelle, obesity is America's #1 health problem? Talk about hypocritical!
First of all you racist saltine cracker, research before you start blabbing at your shyt hole. There's far more white people on welfare than any other race. Second of all, why you worried what folks in the hood driving? You jealous you wheat thin? Third, the system is designed for things to be this way. For every 1 person that makes it out the ghetto 20/30 people are stuck due to the overwhelmingly white preference by white employers. They had to pass affirmative action just so some blacks had to be hired. You a blind cracker! You want too act like shyt really changed but if they had to pass a law that shows you aint nothing change. Thats that piece of the pie bullshit & ya'll think we going to keep falling for it. Thats why we hustle! Thats how we level the playing field. So nil dumass, the govt ain't giving us shyt, we take it how we make it. Them rats you speak of have the same skin color as you, ancestors come from the caves & mountains like yours & the thing that gives life to every living thing is cancerous to them to. The truth is you mad because we got what ya'll got & thats that you ritz cracker!

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807537
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

At least we know Obama is not going to be the president for long. You can take that to the bank. 4 more horrible stinking years and his reign of lies and socialism will be all over.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807538
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Romney invested in McDonald's because he hates black people and he wants them to get fat and die. It's rumored that their "free drink refills" was all his idea.
He made the point that sugary soft drinks play no part in obesity because there's no such thing as "sugary soft drinks". They're "high-fructose corn syrupy" soft drinks. That's why soft drinks all taste like crap nowdays.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807540
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> First of all you racist saltine cracker, research before you start blabbing at your shyt hole. There's far more white people on welfare than any other race. Second of all, why you worried what folks in the hood driving? You jealous you wheat thin? Third, the system is designed for things to be this way. For every 1 person that makes it out the ghetto 20/30 people are stuck due to the overwhelmingly white preference by white employers. They had to pass affirmative action just so some blacks had to be hired. You a blind cracker! You want too act like shyt really changed but if they had to pass a law that shows you aint nothing change. Thats that piece of the pie bullshit & ya'll think we going to keep falling for it. Thats why we hustle! Thats how we level the playing field. So nil dumass, the govt ain't giving us shyt, we take it how we make it. Them rats you speak of have the same skin color as you, ancestors come from the caves & mountains like yours & the thing that gives life to every living thing is cancerous to them to. The truth is you mad because we got what ya'll got & thats that you ritz cracker!
Njraider = negro jock rider !
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807541
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Carol we've never had back & forth dialect, but it amazes me how you can speak with such knowledge & be so correct on palestine & israel, then turn around & utter such nonsense about the romney obliteration in the election, or should I say the Obama dominance! I continually kept telling everyone"keep your eyes on the polls, they mean totally nothing." How can a poll tell who will likely vote when nobody I know in the state of New Jersey was even polled? Thats not a reason that you gave, thats an excuse! The true reason romney was routed was his novist overconfident entitled attitude. Everybody vying for the presidency says things like when I'm in office or thats why I will win, but romney said it out of entitlement. He said it because he thought he already deserved it & Obama didn't. That overconfident attitude spread throughout the republican party & consecutive political pundants. So much that romney's camp excluded certain races think & believing he was ahead so he didnt need them. Proved to be costly. Another mistake was he thought he could look more presidential than the president himself. The thought alone makes no sense. Romney didnt lose because of sandy. He loss because he blatantly disrespected womans rights, his ideology was the rich get richer & the poor stay poor, & as far as sandy goes, he said he would cut FEMA & sandy hyatt should him the need & how wrong he was. Stop making excuses & come up with a better strategy against Hillary in 2016!
Romney wasn't the only one who thought he or just about anyone else could beat Obama.

But when an overwhelming number of voters earning less than 30,000 a year, single women who think it's all about them and Hispanics who didn't seem to remember Obama is the Deporter-in-Chief vote to maintain a nanny state, abortion/free contraceptives and a false sense of security respectively, a lot of us underestimated the rationality of the majority.

FEMA is already broke. That's why they are AWOL in New York and New Jersey.

Single women value killing the unborn over preserving life.

And poor people are still going to be poor - except there's going to be more of them in the next four years.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807542
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

Obama outspent Mitt 10 to 1 on social media.

Brilliant!

Lying Mitt just didn't get it. Today's relevant voter carries the Internet in their hand. Everywhere. Mitt lied his azzzzzz off and really thought he would get away with it.

President Obama made it personal. People feel a connection to social media like nothing else. Looking at the post victory stats: President Obama creamed this loser BIGTIME!

Republicans stuck in 1950! It was a great history.......but leave the coat hangers and white pointy hats back there!

Republicans? Irrelevant!

......
yepperz wrote:
Mitt Romney made several big gaffes during the presidential campaign, but the biggest by far was his assertion to a room full of rich donors that 47% of Americans refuse to take responsibility for themselves.
As even conservatives quickly pointed out, the half of the country that Romney was referring to--those who don't pay federal income taxes--includes tens of millions of dedicated professionals who pay other taxes and perform services and make things that everyone in this country needs.
The remarks on the conference call reveal three things about Romney, two of which we already knew:
He tailors his remarks to what he thinks the people he's talking to want to hear.
(There's nothing inherently wrong with this. Most good salespeople do it. But it's certainly valid to ask what these salespeople actually believe, and in the case of Romney, we still haven't gotten a clear answer. It's also strange that Romney hasn't learned by now that when you say anything in the context of a presidential campaign, you're talking to the whole country.)
He really doesn't have much respect for people who aren't rich — or, at least, for those who accept any sort of government services, benefits, or help.
Perhaps this is a common view of those in Romney's social circles. If so, it reflects the worldview that Republicans seem desperate to cling to, that the world is made up of "makers" and "takers" and that only the former deserve any respect. The wholesale embrace of this view would be more understandable if so many Romney voters weren't — in the Republican definition — in the "taker" category.
He's a sore loser.
Romney's remarks on the call actually provided a very clear explanation of why he lost. The explanation just doesn't happen to be the one he gave.
(He lost, it seems safe to say, because he doesn't understand or care about the circumstances of most people in this country. You can argue about the effectiveness of social and poverty programs, civil rights laws, and other attributes of a progressive, modern society, but viewing all these things as "gifts" is deeply polarizing at best.)
Romney's concession speech on election night was gracious. Too bad he didn't stop with that one.
http://www.businessinsider.com/romney-obama-w...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807544
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Obama outspent Mitt 10 to 1 on social media.
Brilliant!
Lying Mitt just didn't get it. Today's relevant voter carries the Internet in their hand. Everywhere. Mitt lied his azzzzzz off and really thought he would get away with it.
President Obama made it personal. People feel a connection to social media like nothing else. Looking at the post victory stats: President Obama creamed this loser BIGTIME!
Republicans stuck in 1950! It was a great history.......but leave the coat hangers and white pointy hats back there!
Republicans? Irrelevant!
......
<quoted text>
Pretty much!!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807545
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

You been swindled wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, one of the swindlers I see,thanks for your 2 cents.I'll need it with obama in there.PS Fu-ck You liberals.
Baby Crying Sound Effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807546
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

A second civil war is always a very really possibility. As the country continues to become more and more divided secession is more and more likely to occur. The similarities between what happened in the 1850s to 1860 are extremely similar to what is occurring right now. History is repeating itself as the states have different beliefs such as though for a strong federal government and those who want it weaker for stronger states.

A realistic view of US civil war would likely be this:

Side One:
Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and Washington D.C.

VS

Side Two:
Alaska, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and West Virginia.

States that could join either side:
Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, and Virginia.

Side two would have advantage in food(Nearly all the farm grown food), Nuclear weapons(would have nearly 100% of them), oil(Again almost all the oil and shale), and likely most of the US military as the vast majority of them come from the states on side 2. Most gun owners are also located in side 2. Side 1 I honestly can't think of any advantage they would have other than population and most of the bankers.

asker.com
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807547
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

Ninthman wrote:
At least we know Obama is not going to be the president for long. You can take that to the bank. 4 more horrible stinking years and his reign of lies and socialism will be all over.
There are a lot of people who hope he dosen't make it that long .
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807548
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>You have just offended a fast-growing segment of American society. They are not stuck in time. They are simply following "traditional Muslim values" as decreed by Mohammed and Allah. When they behead an "infidel" or murder their daughter for looking at a boy, thus disgracing the family, they are simply following religious tradition. You should get with the 21st century and show more religious tolerance.
Hamas using children as human shields.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

Yeah, let's show them our religious tolerance. That would keep fathers from murdering their own daughters and wives.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807549
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

Mitt Romney just doesn't get it. He didn't get it when he was campaigning for president and he doesn't get it now.

In his infamous remarks, secretly taped before rich supporters in May, the Republican dismissed 47 percent of American voters who, he said, were people "dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them."

Last week, trying to make sense of his defeat to other rich donors in a conference call, he sang the same insulting tune but with different lyrics. The New York Times reported that the nominee said he lost because the Obama campaign had targeted African-Americans, Hispanics and young people for policy gifts. "In each case, they were very generous in what they gave to those groups," he said.

In other words, the moochers were people who could be bought off -- in the case of young women, with free contraceptives under Obamacare; in the case of Latinos, with a proposed immigration reform. Never mind that Mr. Romney also offered gifts -- to military contractors, with no cuts in the Pentagon budget; to the rich, with no rise in their taxes. Never mind that the nominee had gone from moderate to conservative and his flip-flops had rendered him unbelievable.

If Mr. Romney had the personal responsibility he found so lacking in other Americans, he might realize that he simply was a poor candidate and the fault of the loss was entirely his own.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/e...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807550
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

15

15

15

I sure hope Republicans don’t screw it up….Just Vote ‘Yes’ with Liberals/Democrats!!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807551
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much!!
And what really struck me: not because of a lack of funds!

Romney had billions! Counting right wing PAC's!

As the defacto leader of the Republicans, he could have marshaled all that dough and spent it wisely.

Instead He relied on what he understands: old media.
TV. Ads every two minutes attacking. You saw em?

I know 20 and 30 somethings who don't watch Tv. They use tablets and smartphones to catch shows and scores. They don't pay for cable. Get a few local channels on a Tv if they have one. Since Bush sank the place many work 3 jobs and have no time anyway. In short the world has changed: a real leader knows how to change with it. Mitt Romney was a loser 6 months ago. As were all Republicans. He ran because no one else wanted a beat down? What a waste of billions!

People like carol who praise Romney as a smart business man and leader are just blind to reality?

He dropped the ball! Your ball. He blew it! You should be mad at him: like most Republican high ups are today. His performance was shameful. His grade is fail. He may have done permanent damage. I can only hope!

Democrats: we got this! Kick republicans out for good? Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807552
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

16

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Obama outspent Mitt 10 to 1 on social media.
Brilliant!
Lying Mitt just didn't get it. Today's relevant voter carries the Internet in their hand. Everywhere. Mitt lied his azzzzzz off and really thought he would get away with it.
President Obama made it personal. People feel a connection to social media like nothing else. Looking at the post victory stats: President Obama creamed this loser BIGTIME!
Republicans stuck in 1950! It was a great history.......but leave the coat hangers and white pointy hats back there!
Republicans? Irrelevant!
......
<quoted text>
How many ads were about Obama's policies improving the economy?

Seeing that the vast majority of Americans said it was all about the economy?

Odd, isn't it? That he won anyway?
TeaPartyWoman

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807553
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How many ads were about Obama's policies improving the economy?
Seeing that the vast majority of Americans said it was all about the economy?
Odd, isn't it? That he won anyway?
No it's not odd you dumbfuck!
He cheated! The fraud went unchecked! If you're not appalled, you're not paying attention or you're stupid as hell.
Which is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 747,701 - 747,720 of1,034,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Frank 167,628
Abby 4-19 29 min Mister Tonka 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min OzRitz 43,011
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min cheluzal 96,140
gay (May '13) 57 min anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 57 min _Zoey_ 93
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min _Zoey_ 4,031
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••