Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,380)

Showing posts 747,581 - 747,600 of1,071,599
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't find facts. What else is new?
When was the last time you posted a act?

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>
"line item veto" HA!
"We don't need no stinking line item veto!"
Dave is with the program, it IS, whatever The Leader SAYS it is!
Is gut YA?
There is no line item veto, the SC said so.

Try to keep up.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

H-e-l-l-o-o-o wrote:
Can anyone hear me? Or are the brats too busy dissing each other??!
HELLO, B. OBAMA IS A TWO-TERM PRESIDENT
THIS TOPIC IS D-E-A-D
D
E
A
D
So as freedom in AMERICA!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Not all women services are free & some have co-pays.
libs reasoning ...it would be a shame for someone to have to contribute to there own needs . isn't the new obama welfare act going to pay for everything you would ever need with no turn downs. They way all you libs praisd the plan I thought you're master had you all taken care of..

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I think carol defines a progressive secularist as one who doubts the Earth was created in a day, has ever thought that ever'body talkin''bout heaven ain't a goin' there, doubts that every army ever went into every battle with god on it's side, or votes for Democrats because they don't seem so mean and selfish...
Tell it, nana.

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Food safety allows us to purchase food with a reasonable assurity it won't kill us.
As for me, we grow & can my on vegetables, shop at a local fruit market & have my own bees. We buy organic when possible. No processed foods.
Same here. We've assured our food safety. You already know the government can't do it. Why bother with the FDA? A behemoth of 'regulations' routinely skirted, leaving us listening to the giant sucking sound of billions of dollars wasted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called a veto. Look it up.
He can tell Congress that there are some actions that he will veto.
It is well within his powers to do so.
Congress can pass whatever it chooses and let the President decide whether to veto. Threats by the President to veto specific legislation make the Congress useless if obeyed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Vulture Capitalism Ate Your Twinkies
http://www.thenation.com/blog/171331/vulture-... #
You make a very good point.
Perhaps the unions should purchase the business and show that they are more competent than management.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress can pass whatever it chooses and let the President decide whether to veto. Threats by the President to veto specific legislation make the Congress useless if obeyed.
Does not make Congress useless at all. It makes the more efficient.

Why waste months passing a bill that will just be vetoed.

Veto threats are just that, threats.

A President is certain within his rights to warn Congress what might get the veto.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's become the way of the world, join with me in blaming Reagan.
Blame the marketplace that won't allow unlimited pricing for bread and snack foods.

Each industry has efficient and inefficient producers. Hostess is an inefficient producer that must either reduce costs, add value to allow higher prices for its products, or cease to exist.

Or the taxpayers could provide a bailout.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text> libs reasoning ...it would be a shame for someone to have to contribute to there own needs . isn't the new obama welfare act going to pay for everything you would ever need with no turn downs. They way all you libs praisd the plan I thought you're master had you all taken care of..
You right whiners keep telling us the only way US companies can compete is to pay the minimum wage.

"OMG OMG those bakers are making $17.00/Hr. The must accept lower pay!!!!! Meanwhile the CEO & Top management get a huge raise.

These are people that are working. If they weren't working thy would be on Medicaid.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You psycho right wingers constantly bitch that Obama is not taking ENOUGH leadership and then in the next breath you right wing idiots whine that he should just stand back and WATCH congress. Unbelievable!!!
Conservatives believe in Constitutional government and division of powers. Leadership is working quietly with Congress instead of making non-negotiable demands.

If Obama wants higher tax rates, what is he willing to trade in return?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it, hater.
:)
Suck it, hoover.
:0
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not make Congress useless at all. It makes the more efficient.
Why waste months passing a bill that will just be vetoed.
Veto threats are just that, threats.
A President is certain within his rights to warn Congress what might get the veto.
If Congress passes a bipartisan bill to avoid the "fiscal cliff", Obama will not veto the bill regardless of its provisions.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Will someone pls tell tigger how to spell "imbecile"?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You right whiners keep telling us the only way US companies can compete is to pay the minimum wage.
"OMG OMG those bakers are making $17.00/Hr. The must accept lower pay!!!!! Meanwhile the CEO & Top management get a huge raise.
These are people that are working. If they weren't working thy would be on Medicaid.
Then the unions should purchase the company, eliminate management, and reap huge profits.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as a matter of curiosity, what skills do these bakery workers possess that someone off the street could not learn in a few days?

And they are not working...they are on strike, which is why the company shut down.

By the way, the Teamsters agreed to the pay cuts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the unions should purchase the business and show that they are more competent than management.
I'm sure they can get it for pennies on the dollar just like everyone else has.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Hostess, Bakers Union to hold talks on reason for strike

....The U.S. trustee, a Justice Department official responsible for protecting creditors, today asked Drain to take control of the liquidation away from the company. U.S. Trustee Tracy Hope Davis asked the judge to convert the case to a Chapter 7 from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, based partly on the company’s intent to pay bonuses, and appoint a trustee to supervise the wind-down.

Hostess officials “have not demonstrated that the insider bonuses are permissible,” Davis wrote in a court filing. They also “improperly seek to exculpate and indemnify their management from past and future liabilities” and want to “cherry-pick which administrative claims get paid.”

In seeking court permission for its demise, Hostess said it wants to pay as much as $1.75 million in incentive bonuses to 19 senior managers during the liquidation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/hostes...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave are you saying the’ President has a Line Item Veto Powers’ if so when was this Granted?
"TSM"
"real dumb" is a little, no a lot dumb, you will have to explain to him what a line item veto is.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 747,581 - 747,600 of1,071,599
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Lord Hater 45,437
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min ScarletandOlive 97,430
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,555
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,123
Abby 7-10 1 hr Nigbama 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014 48,682
Amy 7-10 3 hr Julie 8
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••