Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808304 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt suggests that economic growth is the only solution. Most agree with that, but disagree about how economic growth is achieved. A few think that ever higher taxation is the solution. That includes Obama and the Democrat Party.
How is tax increasing going to do anything? It will take away the lower and middle classes money, leaving them poorer. They are part of the economy too.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#808305 Nov 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering we started going downhill in the 1960s...when progressive secularism replaced traditional values...
Hah, traditional bullshyt is more like it.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808306 Nov 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa, that's the first time I've seen pestilence spelled correctly on this thread, nice going on that.
And__word on the street is that Hostess and the so called bakers union are going to have another shot at saving the company. Translation__Silver Point Holdings facing no loaf has decided that half a loaf might make sense.
Well, I see their are several suitors interested in buying, so maybe they are rethinking the value in keeping the company going.
carol

Orlando, FL

#808307 Nov 19, 2012
Let me try again. You'll have to scroll down and find the pictures of the biblical eye of a needle.

http://beta.photobucket.com/images/the%20eye%...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808308 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Food safety allows us to purchase food with a reasonable assurity it won't kill us.
As for me, we grow & can my on vegetables, shop at a local fruit market & have my own bees. We buy organic when possible. No processed foods.
"Assurity"?

Home-canned foods are much more likely to be contaminated than commercially canned products.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#808309 Nov 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
1964. When MLK outed the radical right.
1956 and 1959 when Eisenhower and the republicans put "in God we trust" and "under God" into our nationalism to piss off the Commies...McCarthey black listing witch hunts spontaneously erupted.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808310 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt suggests that economic growth is the only solution. Most agree with that, but disagree about how economic growth is achieved. A few think that ever higher taxation is the solution. That includes Obama and the Democrat Party.
Well duh John, economic growth will definitely ease the pressure on both taxes and spending, any real ideas on how to improve the economy? Should we consult Romney on his 12 million new jobs plan?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808311 Nov 19, 2012
Another Tea Party fail.

How to un-elect Obama & let House of Reps pick the President

I discovered late last night that the original author of the information contained below admitted is was inaccurate. I apologize if you were led here under false pretenses. I have left the original article in place so you can see what all the fuss was about.

http://lakecharlesteaparty.ning.com/profiles/...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#808312 Nov 19, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>mararget sanger was the founder of the largest network of abortion clinics in the world,though she started with birth control and sterelization to control population and breed out undesired races .
OMG, you're not just a brain dead moran who can't even spell sterilization, but you're also a brain-washed right to lifer...Falwell's lyin' ass legacy didn't do him too much good, at least.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#808314 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Republicans wished the 1950's never ended.
Homer, I think if Krugman has any advice to offer he should offer it to the NYT!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808315 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say he was King, Emperor, Dictator, Potentate, or even Prime Minister? The only people saying that are rightwing morons and Fox News.
The point is that Obama, as President, has limited powers and has no right to demand anything.

The negotiation of any deal should be within the Congress, with Obama having the power to accept or reject the final compromise. When Obama states that certain elements are non-negotiable, he exceeds his power.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808316 Nov 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. But it's not really necessary to be so literal.
We get the idea with the word thousands.
I disagree. Thousands is simply not enough. Maybe if they said hundreds of thousands. I might relent on that.
Obama our worst President

Newington, CT

#808317 Nov 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, you're not just a brain dead moran who can't even spell sterilization, but you're also a brain-washed right to lifer...Falwell's lyin' ass legacy didn't do him too much good, at least.
you're just a brain dead moran who can spell - big whoop!

You're still an idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808318 Nov 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The headline.....
The Twinkie Manifesto
....the demise of Hostess has unleashed a wave of baby boomer nostalgia for a seemingly more innocent time.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/opinion/kru...
Where is the concern for 18,000 people being forced to forfeit their jobs?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808319 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Obama, as President, has limited powers and has no right to demand anything.
The negotiation of any deal should be within the Congress, with Obama having the power to accept or reject the final compromise. When Obama states that certain elements are non-negotiable, he exceeds his power.
Well, when he does exceed his power let me know and I'll call my lawyer.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#808320 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood had their way - a healthy mother & child at birth.
Funny how dumbf*cks like you don't know Planned Parenthood main business is helping women be healthier & preventing over 50,000 abortions a year.
bullshit. And with the new welfare ,aka obama care, there is no need to fund planed abortion.ladys can now go to a regular doctor for their medical needs.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#808321 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#808322 Nov 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text> The Palestinians are responding because the Israelis assassinated their highest ranking Military Officer. Don't you think America would retaliate if they assassinated the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, our highest ranking Military Officer?
It just occurred to me that bats sleep while hanging upside down. This is where you get your naive, childish worldview from. Yer a little batty there, kid.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#808323 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called a veto. Look it up.

He can tell Congress that there are some actions that he will veto.

It is well within his powers to do so.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808324 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the concern for 18,000 people being forced to forfeit their jobs?
Vulture Capitalism Ate Your Twinkies

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171331/vulture-... #

You make a very good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 18 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 28 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 40 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago