Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#808375 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Not all women services are free & some have co-pays.
libs reasoning ...it would be a shame for someone to have to contribute to there own needs . isn't the new obama welfare act going to pay for everything you would ever need with no turn downs. They way all you libs praisd the plan I thought you're master had you all taken care of..

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#808376 Nov 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I think carol defines a progressive secularist as one who doubts the Earth was created in a day, has ever thought that ever'body talkin''bout heaven ain't a goin' there, doubts that every army ever went into every battle with god on it's side, or votes for Democrats because they don't seem so mean and selfish...
Tell it, nana.

:)

Location hidden

#808377 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Food safety allows us to purchase food with a reasonable assurity it won't kill us.
As for me, we grow & can my on vegetables, shop at a local fruit market & have my own bees. We buy organic when possible. No processed foods.
Same here. We've assured our food safety. You already know the government can't do it. Why bother with the FDA? A behemoth of 'regulations' routinely skirted, leaving us listening to the giant sucking sound of billions of dollars wasted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808380 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called a veto. Look it up.
He can tell Congress that there are some actions that he will veto.
It is well within his powers to do so.
Congress can pass whatever it chooses and let the President decide whether to veto. Threats by the President to veto specific legislation make the Congress useless if obeyed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808381 Nov 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Vulture Capitalism Ate Your Twinkies
http://www.thenation.com/blog/171331/vulture-... #
You make a very good point.
Perhaps the unions should purchase the business and show that they are more competent than management.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#808382 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress can pass whatever it chooses and let the President decide whether to veto. Threats by the President to veto specific legislation make the Congress useless if obeyed.
Does not make Congress useless at all. It makes the more efficient.

Why waste months passing a bill that will just be vetoed.

Veto threats are just that, threats.

A President is certain within his rights to warn Congress what might get the veto.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808384 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's become the way of the world, join with me in blaming Reagan.
Blame the marketplace that won't allow unlimited pricing for bread and snack foods.

Each industry has efficient and inefficient producers. Hostess is an inefficient producer that must either reduce costs, add value to allow higher prices for its products, or cease to exist.

Or the taxpayers could provide a bailout.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#808386 Nov 19, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> libs reasoning ...it would be a shame for someone to have to contribute to there own needs . isn't the new obama welfare act going to pay for everything you would ever need with no turn downs. They way all you libs praisd the plan I thought you're master had you all taken care of..
You right whiners keep telling us the only way US companies can compete is to pay the minimum wage.

"OMG OMG those bakers are making $17.00/Hr. The must accept lower pay!!!!! Meanwhile the CEO & Top management get a huge raise.

These are people that are working. If they weren't working thy would be on Medicaid.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808388 Nov 19, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You psycho right wingers constantly bitch that Obama is not taking ENOUGH leadership and then in the next breath you right wing idiots whine that he should just stand back and WATCH congress. Unbelievable!!!
Conservatives believe in Constitutional government and division of powers. Leadership is working quietly with Congress instead of making non-negotiable demands.

If Obama wants higher tax rates, what is he willing to trade in return?

Location hidden

#808389 Nov 19, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it, hater.
:)
Suck it, hoover.
:0
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808393 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not make Congress useless at all. It makes the more efficient.
Why waste months passing a bill that will just be vetoed.
Veto threats are just that, threats.
A President is certain within his rights to warn Congress what might get the veto.
If Congress passes a bipartisan bill to avoid the "fiscal cliff", Obama will not veto the bill regardless of its provisions.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#808395 Nov 19, 2012
Will someone pls tell tigger how to spell "imbecile"?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808396 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You right whiners keep telling us the only way US companies can compete is to pay the minimum wage.
"OMG OMG those bakers are making $17.00/Hr. The must accept lower pay!!!!! Meanwhile the CEO & Top management get a huge raise.
These are people that are working. If they weren't working thy would be on Medicaid.
Then the unions should purchase the company, eliminate management, and reap huge profits.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808397 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as a matter of curiosity, what skills do these bakery workers possess that someone off the street could not learn in a few days?

And they are not working...they are on strike, which is why the company shut down.

By the way, the Teamsters agreed to the pay cuts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808401 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the unions should purchase the business and show that they are more competent than management.
I'm sure they can get it for pennies on the dollar just like everyone else has.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808403 Nov 19, 2012
Hostess, Bakers Union to hold talks on reason for strike

....The U.S. trustee, a Justice Department official responsible for protecting creditors, today asked Drain to take control of the liquidation away from the company. U.S. Trustee Tracy Hope Davis asked the judge to convert the case to a Chapter 7 from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, based partly on the company’s intent to pay bonuses, and appoint a trustee to supervise the wind-down.

Hostess officials “have not demonstrated that the insider bonuses are permissible,” Davis wrote in a court filing. They also “improperly seek to exculpate and indemnify their management from past and future liabilities” and want to “cherry-pick which administrative claims get paid.”

In seeking court permission for its demise, Hostess said it wants to pay as much as $1.75 million in incentive bonuses to 19 senior managers during the liquidation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/hostes...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#808404 Nov 19, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave are you saying the’ President has a Line Item Veto Powers’ if so when was this Granted?
"TSM"
"real dumb" is a little, no a lot dumb, you will have to explain to him what a line item veto is.
Peace

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#808406 Nov 19, 2012
Posted on November 15, 2012 at 3:28pm by Billy Hallowell
Email
Comments (110)

Pallywood€ is a phenomenon that Israel’s supporters often use to describe the media manipulation that Palestinians resort to in an effort to turn people against the Jewish state. Individuals fake injuries and “act” as though they are hurt when they really are not — all in an attempt create a perception of Israeli aggression and mistreatment.

Take, for instance, video footage of a man who was allegedly injured and being carried by fellow Palestinians during Israeli airstrikes over the last two days. While the BBC showed video of him in apparent despair, he appears just moments later walking on his own and looking healthier-than-ever.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gaza-man-fake...

>> Only idiots fall for Palestine media manipulation!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#808407 Nov 19, 2012
Not Surprized wrote:
WAXBALLS judging his own posts funny and brilliant. LMAO. Nostrllis Waxballs=Poster boy for the term BUFFOON!!!!!!!!
Today's Rejected Woman Syndrome Entry
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

#808408 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as a matter of curiosity, what skills do these bakery workers possess that someone off the street could not learn in a few days?
And they are not working...they are on strike, which is why the company shut down.

Well, John, the simplest way to answer your question will be to put you to work. See you at 5:00 am tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 181,759
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 71,003
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 10 min giantnig 8
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Grau 68,881
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 6 hr LOL 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News