Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
747,341 - 747,360 of 1,102,047 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#808167 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security
Medicare
Not a real big fan of either one. Especially since neither will be around when I become 'eligible' to get a return on my 'investment'.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Highway System
Agreed.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Military
National defense
Defense, yes. Foreign presence, not so much.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>EPA
Bought and sold by special interests. Dump it in favor of management state to state. Give first priority to the views of our future grandchildren. End subsidies to dirty energy.(Don't outlaw fossil fuels, just stop giving their purveyors welfare.) Encourage energy co-ops within communities.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Food safety
That's hilarious. Way too late for that...
Cultivate a vertical garden, and save your seed. Grow some grapes for vino. Raise enough chickens and goats to feed your family. Erect and tend a beehive.
Survival is your responsibility, and you are what you eat.
Oh, and have a bug-out plan.
:)
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Patent system
etc
etc
etc
Who's in line to patent the Internet?
These are they types of questions I ask myself...
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808168 Nov 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What he DID say, over and over and over during his campaign, was that he planned to give lots of 'gifts' to those who share his tax bracket - such as a 20% tax cut, allowing (and possibly increasing) loopholes and deductions only they ever use, and packing the Supreme Court with corporatists.
Funny how no Republican Super Pac donor is happy with their purchased candidate...
Gifts? Excuses for fraud he is giving to young people to get them to vote for him?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808169 Nov 19, 2012
Heads or Tails, the Obama Coalition Wins

....Here’s the situation, as Lindsey and others (like David Brooks) see it: because of immigration, automation, outsourcing, and attrition, the share of working-class whites in America is gradually diminishing. On the rise are those who are better at impulse control, long-term planning, and, yes, contraception. With helicopter parents and graduate degrees, they are far better-suited to meet the cognitive demands of an increasingly complex knowledge economy. They are waiting longer and longer to get married, if at all, and they’re having fewer children. Economically speaking, they are makers, not takers; winners, not losers. And right now, they are attached to the Democratic party.

Ross focuses on the attraction to single mothers of government transfer payments. Yet as Joel Kotkin notes, the broader picture indicates a growing number of childless single women and men, plus childless couples:

Demographically, at least in the short and even medium term, betting on singles and the childless couples seems like a no-brainer. In the past 30 years the percentage of women aged 40 to 44 who have never had children nearly doubled to 19%. At the same time singletons of both sexes are on the rise, numbering over 31 million strong today, up from 27 million in 2000, a growth rate nearly double that of the overall population.

There is simply no way to look at these trends and find good news for a political party that appeals mostly to traditionalist whites and the very rich. The promise of equality for the materially insecure and social space for the materially secure — this is the Democratic cocktail, and, for now, at least, it looks like it will win the foreseeable future. There is economic fear here, to be sure. But there’s also economic superiority.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/heads-...
THE DEBIL

Anonymous Proxy

#808170 Nov 19, 2012
WAIT... "MEN ARE BEING ABUSED?" YOU MEAN BY ME? WHAT YOU WEARIN', SUGAR? DON' TELL ME.. KNEE SOCKS AN' A KILT... YOU TIE A ROCK AROUN' THAT THING IN A FEW YEARS YOU BE A MAN.
carol

Orlando, FL

#808171 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Quit being so paranoid. Why are rightwingers so paranoid?
I was feeling a little bummed out, Homer. But then decided to keep reminding myself who is in control. It really helped.

Doesn't it seem like deja vu all over again though? Raising taxes on everything and everyone, a "soak" the rich mentality and demonizing Wall Street as "fat cats" is what happened in the early 1930s and made the Great Depression a whole lot worse.

Good thing I know who's in control.

Hope you're feeling well.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808172 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
not a word you said makes any sense, wingnut.
Do we have the right to inspect China's factories??
Russia's factories??
England's factories??
Gaza is not part of Israel, it is being held as a ghetto, much as the Germans did to the Jews.
Germany tried to solve the 'Jewish Problem', but the war ended too soon.
Now th eJews have become carbon copies of the Nazi's.
Karma's a bitch, as Israel will soon find out.
If the country is suspicious, they have the right to inspect their factories. I never said america should inspect the factories moron. I said we should allow Israel to do it.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#808173 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
Market rallying, no sign of Flack.
Unemployment rising, no sign of jobs.

Location hidden

#808174 Nov 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Still no word on why the ambassador was at the Benghazi consulate without his security staff?
It's that whole 'Personal Responsibility' thing.

Still no word on the terrorist attacks in 11 other Middle Eastern countries either. Guess Libya occurred in a vacuum.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808175 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
not a word you said makes any sense, wingnut.
Do we have the right to inspect China's factories??
Russia's factories??
England's factories??
Gaza is not part of Israel, it is being held as a ghetto, much as the Germans did to the Jews.
Germany tried to solve the 'Jewish Problem', but the war ended too soon.
Now th eJews have become carbon copies of the Nazi's.
Karma's a bitch, as Israel will soon find out.
You think the nazis killing innocent children will solve anything, you pillack?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#808177 Nov 19, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
WAIT... "MEN ARE BEING ABUSED?" YOU MEAN BY ME? WHAT YOU WEARIN', SUGAR? DON' TELL ME.. KNEE SOCKS AN' A KILT... YOU TIE A ROCK AROUN' THAT THING IN A FEW YEARS YOU BE A MAN.
Waal, UP jumped the "debil"!!!

HOW ya doin, boy???
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808178 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean like narcissists who create a location in the UK, while sitting in the USA??
Y'know, narcissists like you, vainly attempting to boost your ego, nitwit!!
Gotta be Gunner, noone else is so rabidly ignorant!!
He once said the Gunner name came from a UK soccer team..........
How can I change location? And give me proof how I specifically changed it, you moron.

Location hidden

#808179 Nov 19, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
But "adults" will want their children to watch TV, but they can't, so is that why they have to dump it outside then is it? A better alternative would be to make it appropriate in the first place than to dump it out, you moron.
I completely disagree. Isn't America GREAT!!!!!

TV is for idiots, which is why it's known as the idiot box.

You're boring.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808180 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Could be sister is tired of making you look the fool.
You must be into sado-masochism, you seem to like being spanked.
Sister has bloodied your bottom, and you're still asking for more!!
You both will be bleeding in hell after I've finished with you.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808181 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a soverign nation, yet they have no rights??
that's the craziest thing you've yet said!! You're a lunatic!!
Now that Fretard's gone, you've become the Topix retard!!
Congrats, Gunner!!
Nobody has the right to not let others inspect their factories. If Iran wants the problem resolved, they should let them, otherwise Iran is being irresponsible.
THE DEBIL

Anonymous Proxy

#808182 Nov 19, 2012
DEBIL LIKE THE VERTICAL GARDEN CONCEPT, IT GROW ON HIM.

Location hidden

#808183 Nov 19, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No young turd, we as the UN according to the law to enforce Iran has the factories inspected. The Irans should only allow peace if they were to have their factories inspected. Types like you see no responsibility to do whats right when you have the ability to do the right thing, you young runner rat.
Yawn.

Hint: WE are the United States. We are NOT the United Nations. The United Nations CAN KISS MY BROWN EYE.

(No offense intended to 'brown eyes' who appears as a lovely person here on the thread.)

Carry on.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808184 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you're obsessed with Sister!!
You've responded to her at least 30 times today only!!
She whips your dumb azz, and you come back for more!! More!! More!!
You are a sado-masochist!!
My responses aren't very friendly for some who has a crush on some, idiot.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808185 Nov 19, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you're obsessed with Sister!!
You've responded to her at least 30 times today only!!
She whips your dumb azz, and you come back for more!! More!! More!!
You are a sado-masochist!!
Look at how much you have responded to me. A bit of a hypocrite aren't you.

Location hidden

#808186 Nov 19, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You vile filthy hypocrite. You make lies and say women are being oppressed, when men are fully well being abused, you lying little turd.
I detect bitterness, and anger, with a dash of envy.

Have a binkie, li'l fella?
THE DEBIL

Anonymous Proxy

#808187 Nov 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I was feeling a little bummed out, Homer. But then decided to keep reminding myself who is in control. It really helped.
Doesn't it seem like deja vu all over again though? Raising taxes on everything and everyone, a "soak" the rich mentality and demonizing Wall Street as "fat cats" is what happened in the early 1930s and made the Great Depression a whole lot worse.
Good thing I know who's in control.
Hope you're feeling well.
SO, UM, CAROL. DOES THIS MEAN DEBIL FINALLY GOT YOU TRAINED? KISS IT... KISS IT, G'HEAD. DEBIL IN CONTROL, SWEETIE, NOW BEND OVER AN' BITE YOU TONGUE.... YOU TONGUE!!! GODDDAMIT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sin City is in the Streets of Chicago. Where i... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,669
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••