Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808310 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt suggests that economic growth is the only solution. Most agree with that, but disagree about how economic growth is achieved. A few think that ever higher taxation is the solution. That includes Obama and the Democrat Party.
Well duh John, economic growth will definitely ease the pressure on both taxes and spending, any real ideas on how to improve the economy? Should we consult Romney on his 12 million new jobs plan?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808311 Nov 19, 2012
Another Tea Party fail.

How to un-elect Obama & let House of Reps pick the President

I discovered late last night that the original author of the information contained below admitted is was inaccurate. I apologize if you were led here under false pretenses. I have left the original article in place so you can see what all the fuss was about.

http://lakecharlesteaparty.ning.com/profiles/...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#808312 Nov 19, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>mararget sanger was the founder of the largest network of abortion clinics in the world,though she started with birth control and sterelization to control population and breed out undesired races .
OMG, you're not just a brain dead moran who can't even spell sterilization, but you're also a brain-washed right to lifer...Falwell's lyin' ass legacy didn't do him too much good, at least.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#808314 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Republicans wished the 1950's never ended.
Homer, I think if Krugman has any advice to offer he should offer it to the NYT!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808315 Nov 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say he was King, Emperor, Dictator, Potentate, or even Prime Minister? The only people saying that are rightwing morons and Fox News.
The point is that Obama, as President, has limited powers and has no right to demand anything.

The negotiation of any deal should be within the Congress, with Obama having the power to accept or reject the final compromise. When Obama states that certain elements are non-negotiable, he exceeds his power.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808316 Nov 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. But it's not really necessary to be so literal.
We get the idea with the word thousands.
I disagree. Thousands is simply not enough. Maybe if they said hundreds of thousands. I might relent on that.
Obama our worst President

Newington, CT

#808317 Nov 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, you're not just a brain dead moran who can't even spell sterilization, but you're also a brain-washed right to lifer...Falwell's lyin' ass legacy didn't do him too much good, at least.
you're just a brain dead moran who can spell - big whoop!

You're still an idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808318 Nov 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The headline.....
The Twinkie Manifesto
....the demise of Hostess has unleashed a wave of baby boomer nostalgia for a seemingly more innocent time.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/opinion/kru...
Where is the concern for 18,000 people being forced to forfeit their jobs?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808319 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Obama, as President, has limited powers and has no right to demand anything.
The negotiation of any deal should be within the Congress, with Obama having the power to accept or reject the final compromise. When Obama states that certain elements are non-negotiable, he exceeds his power.
Well, when he does exceed his power let me know and I'll call my lawyer.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#808320 Nov 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood had their way - a healthy mother & child at birth.
Funny how dumbf*cks like you don't know Planned Parenthood main business is helping women be healthier & preventing over 50,000 abortions a year.
bullshit. And with the new welfare ,aka obama care, there is no need to fund planed abortion.ladys can now go to a regular doctor for their medical needs.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#808321 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#808322 Nov 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text> The Palestinians are responding because the Israelis assassinated their highest ranking Military Officer. Don't you think America would retaliate if they assassinated the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, our highest ranking Military Officer?
It just occurred to me that bats sleep while hanging upside down. This is where you get your naive, childish worldview from. Yer a little batty there, kid.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#808323 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called a veto. Look it up.

He can tell Congress that there are some actions that he will veto.

It is well within his powers to do so.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808324 Nov 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the concern for 18,000 people being forced to forfeit their jobs?
Vulture Capitalism Ate Your Twinkies

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171331/vulture-... #

You make a very good point.

Lapeer, MI

#808325 Nov 19, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Point out the lies moron or STFU.
That's already been done. Repeatedly.

So STFU yerself.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#808326 Nov 19, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>mararget sanger was the founder of the largest network of abortion clinics in the world,though she started with birth control and sterelization to control population and breed out undesired races .
Planned Parenthood did not enter the abortion business in any meaningful way until after Sanger's death.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#808327 Nov 19, 2012
carol wrote:
Hey Homer, here's a picture of the "eye of a needle" in Biblical times to which you used to refer.
http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/Underg... [term]=the%20eye%20of%20a%20ne edle&filters[primary]=imag es&filters[secondary]=vide os&sort=1&o=10
It would be hard for a loaded up camel to get through it but not impossible.
Buncha crap Carol, You know what Jesus meant.

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Are you suggesting since you've found some pretty big needles that's heaven will be filled with rich people?

What would be the point of his statement exactly?

If you can lie, cheat, and find a bigger needle eye you will be welcomed with open arms?

I hardly think that is what he meant. It's pretty clear what he was saying.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#808328 Nov 19, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> bullshit. And with the new welfare ,aka obama care, there is no need to fund planed abortion.ladys can now go to a regular doctor for their medical needs.
Or feminists can now go to normal clinics and regular GPs to have more innocent babies murdered.

Lapeer, MI

#808329 Nov 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Blame the greedy insurance companies, not FEMA. FEMA is doing exactly what they were created to do, manage the recovery operation. They don't do any "hands on" work. Their job is to organize and assign the work to be done by contractors. When the Contractor's Unions negotiate a fair compensation agreement from the greedy insurance companies, the repair work can begin.
"My paper boy found my house a couple days ago and has been delivering ever since. FEMA still can't find my address and I've been trying to deal with them for weeks".

So what does this have to do with "hands on" work? Fool.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#808330 Nov 19, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> bullshit. And with the new welfare ,aka obama care, there is no need to fund planed abortion.ladys can now go to a regular doctor for their medical needs.
Planned Parenthood operates clinics with real doctors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min scirocco 70,993
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 20 min barefoot2626 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min edogxxx 98,835
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 2 hr cheluzal 71
Abby 12-18 3 hr RACE 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST

NFL12:26PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over