Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,366)

Showing posts 747,301 - 747,320 of1,073,378
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Obama our worst President

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I read papers and research the internet. I don't get my information from Fox News.
Well then, that explains why you're repeating propaganda and not the facts.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to be against hunting myself because we have grocery stores now. But hunting has a lot to do with controlling the population of animals - deer, for example. Relatives of my husband up north hunt deer every year. They freeze the meat and give some away. I changed my mind about hunting when I realized starving animals in the winter was much worse.
Trophy hunting, however, is still wrong.
And again, we find common ground. Hunting for food and population control is often necessary - hunting for sport is sick.

Good morning, Carol.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

In their infinite wisdom, N.Y. City officials are issuing summonses to people on Staten Island for making their damaged homes somewhat livable without the proper permits. That includes repairing doors, windows and roofs or doing minor demolition work.(Something tells me the Unions are behind this.) Government bureaucracy at it's finest!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The sad state of zealots with microphones

....Sometimes, they act -- the Hannitys, the O'Reillys, the Trumps, the Limbaughs, the whole conservative political infotainment complex -- as if this were all a game, as if their nonstop litany of half truths, untruths and fear mongering, their echo chamber of studied outrage, practiced panic and intellectual incoherence had no human consequences. Sometimes, they behave as if it were morally permissible -- indeed, morally required -- to say whatever asinine, indefensible, coarse or outrageous thing comes to mind in the name of defeating or diminishing the dreaded left. And never mind that vulnerable people might hear this and shape their beliefs accordingly.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/bal-...

But these, I have come to believe, are not showmen. They are zealots. They do believe half the garbage they say, and they have microphones to say it with. That is infinitely more frightening.

So one can only hope, with slightly more expectation, that the GOP will finally disenthrall itself from this ongoing affront to decency and intelligence and thereby render it moot.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans in a Changing Country
Ross Douthat
.... voters simply aren’t as ideological consistent as pundits, and so it’s a grave mistake to think that political parties thrive by evolving toward a more perfect ideological consistency. For a party facing problems like the ones the G.O.P. faces now, it’s not enough to just get “more libertarian” or “more populist” or “more socially conservative,” without recognizing how public opinion differs from issue to issue and policy to policy. Instead, the most successful politicians go where the votes are, and let the ideological chips fall where they may.
http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/15/r...
That's if you judge success by getting elected. most people would judge success by effective public policy.

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Why do I get the feeling you've stocked up on popcorn and milk duds?
Why do I get the feeling you have a lot of hate inside? How have men treated you?

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>And again, we find common ground. Hunting for food and population control is often necessary - hunting for sport is sick.
Good morning, Carol.
Then tell that to your fellow Democrat, Old Raider, hypocrite.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You really know nothing about hunting, do you?
Dude, that was GREAT!

You engaged in "conversation" and did not even call him an azzhole.

VERY GOOD!

Next week, we teach you to wipe front to back.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You really know nothing about hunting, do you?
I know enough to know that most hunters who "hunt for their food" couldn't survive without a local grocery store.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Republican Underground Emerges From The Shadows

They are few, but they are vocal: the pro-same-sex marriage, pro-choice, pro-tax Republican activists. For years, these groups have labored off the radar, trying to convince a party unwilling to listen that it needs to moderate on issues from social to fiscal. But after the Democrats’ decisive victories on Nov. 6, the Republican Underground says its finally time to go mainstream.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/rep...
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>And again, we find common ground. Hunting for food and population control is often necessary - hunting for sport is sick.
Good morning, Carol.
NO EFFING WAY!!!!

YOU, ME, AND the "tick" agree on SOMETHING?????

I tell ya, there is hope for this nation after all.

I KNEW you guys were'nt a total waste!

I don't care how you feel about me but I'm so proud you two understand the importance of wildlife management.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The Motor City Madman has about 11 months to keep his promise:

”If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

Something tells me he'll renege; although he might enjoy jail...lotsa 'fresh meat' in there.
:)
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly true. most venison is better than the checally grown beef in grocery stores.
Last week group of a dozen hunters in Colorado suddenly became violently ill after having a deer feast. After inducing vomiting, the ER doctors discovered their stomachs were full of hookworms.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>That's if you judge success by getting elected. most people would judge success by effective public policy.
Woa, woa, woa!

Where is the tick?

YOU cannot be the tick!

The tick brings FIRE to the debate, ENERGY!

Good old NAME CALLING, not cogent statements.

WTF???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Obama our worst President wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I get the feeling you have a lot of hate inside? How have men treated you?
I wouldn't waste my time harboring hate, fella. I'll leave that up to you.

Men are some of my favorite people.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The Motor City Madman has about 11 months to keep his promise:
”If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”
Something tells me he'll renege; although he might enjoy jail...lotsa 'fresh meat' in there.
One thing for sure, neither him nor the other Motor City guy, Kid Rock, would ever consider "doing" you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Then tell that to your fellow Democrat, Old Raider, hypocrite.
You tell him,'fraidy cat.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>That's if you judge success by getting elected. most people would judge success by effective public policy.
So if you never get the chance to implement that policy.....

And it's not like Mitt's stated(?) policies won an election.

If you don't say what the majority want to hear you will not win a national election. If Mitt had swung center much sooner who might have won. No one will ever win an election by stating that far left/right fantasy policies are what's best for the American people.

So how did all the GOP 'rape' idiots fare in the election?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Her husband dumped her. She's still bitter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>NO EFFING WAY!!!!
YOU, ME, AND the "tick" agree on SOMETHING?????
I tell ya, there is hope for this nation after all.
I KNEW you guys were'nt a total waste!
I don't care how you feel about me but I'm so proud you two understand the importance of wildlife management.
High five.
We make progress.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 747,301 - 747,320 of1,073,378
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

111 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-14 5 min not a ghost 2
Women of war The powerful portraits of Aleppo’s... 7 min Damien Gayle 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min PEllen 97,459
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min HPV 48,706
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Brian_G 45,612
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min voice of peace 67,555
Zip Coon Sing Along LOL 39 min You Tube 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••