Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
747,261 - 747,280 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#808075 Nov 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You really know nothing about hunting, do you?
I know enough to know that most hunters who "hunt for their food" couldn't survive without a local grocery store.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808076 Nov 19, 2012
Republican Underground Emerges From The Shadows

They are few, but they are vocal: the pro-same-sex marriage, pro-choice, pro-tax Republican activists. For years, these groups have labored off the radar, trying to convince a party unwilling to listen that it needs to moderate on issues from social to fiscal. But after the Democrats’ decisive victories on Nov. 6, the Republican Underground says its finally time to go mainstream.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/rep...
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#808077 Nov 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And again, we find common ground. Hunting for food and population control is often necessary - hunting for sport is sick.
Good morning, Carol.
NO EFFING WAY!!!!

YOU, ME, AND the "tick" agree on SOMETHING?????

I tell ya, there is hope for this nation after all.

I KNEW you guys were'nt a total waste!

I don't care how you feel about me but I'm so proud you two understand the importance of wildlife management.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#808078 Nov 19, 2012
The Motor City Madman has about 11 months to keep his promise:

”If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

Something tells me he'll renege; although he might enjoy jail...lotsa 'fresh meat' in there.
:)
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#808079 Nov 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly true. most venison is better than the checally grown beef in grocery stores.
Last week group of a dozen hunters in Colorado suddenly became violently ill after having a deer feast. After inducing vomiting, the ER doctors discovered their stomachs were full of hookworms.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#808080 Nov 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>That's if you judge success by getting elected. most people would judge success by effective public policy.
Woa, woa, woa!

Where is the tick?

YOU cannot be the tick!

The tick brings FIRE to the debate, ENERGY!

Good old NAME CALLING, not cogent statements.

WTF???

Location hidden

#808081 Nov 19, 2012
Obama our worst President wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I get the feeling you have a lot of hate inside? How have men treated you?
I wouldn't waste my time harboring hate, fella. I'll leave that up to you.

Men are some of my favorite people.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#808082 Nov 19, 2012
”If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”
Something tells me he'll renege; although he might enjoy jail...lotsa 'fresh meat' in there.
One thing for sure, neither him nor the other Motor City guy, Kid Rock, would ever consider "doing" you.

Location hidden

#808083 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Then tell that to your fellow Democrat, Old Raider, hypocrite.
You tell him,'fraidy cat.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808084 Nov 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>That's if you judge success by getting elected. most people would judge success by effective public policy.
So if you never get the chance to implement that policy.....

And it's not like Mitt's stated(?) policies won an election.

If you don't say what the majority want to hear you will not win a national election. If Mitt had swung center much sooner who might have won. No one will ever win an election by stating that far left/right fantasy policies are what's best for the American people.

So how did all the GOP 'rape' idiots fare in the election?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#808085 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Why do I get the feeling you have a lot of hate inside? How have men treated you?
Her husband dumped her. She's still bitter.

Location hidden

#808086 Nov 19, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>NO EFFING WAY!!!!
YOU, ME, AND the "tick" agree on SOMETHING?????
I tell ya, there is hope for this nation after all.
I KNEW you guys were'nt a total waste!
I don't care how you feel about me but I'm so proud you two understand the importance of wildlife management.
High five.
We make progress.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#808087 Nov 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Last week group of a dozen hunters in Colorado suddenly became violently ill after having a deer feast. After inducing vomiting, the ER doctors discovered their stomachs were full of hookworms.
Maybe they kissed Sister Kathryn Lust.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#808089 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>And again, we find common ground. Hunting for food and population control is often necessary - hunting for sport is sick.
Good morning, Carol.
Hunting is fun, especially if you're hunting ghetto-rats and haji's.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#808090 Nov 19, 2012
Damn, damn, double dip DAMN!!!!!

Just when I THOUGHT you could talk like a human without the death threats and name calling.....

(DAMN)

I can NEVER get into a discussion over the relative merits-demerits of various political and social systems with someone who disagrees with me, cause it degenerates to THIS CRAP!!!

"wanker"
"azzhole"
"idiota"

Oh, well, ok.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#808091 Nov 19, 2012
Benghazi Is Not A Scandal

Matt Steinglass delivers a reality check:

At the most fundamental level, the reason it is absurd to suspect the existence of a "cover-up" over the Benghazi attack is that such a cover-up could not have had any conceivable goal. Back to the beginning: the underlying accusation about Benghazi is that the Obama administration deliberately mischaracterised the terrorist attack there as having grown out of a spontaneous demonstration because that would be less politically damaging. Such a cover-up would have made no sense because the attack would not have been less politically damaging had it grown out of a spontaneous demonstration. The attack on the Benghazi compound would not have been any less politically difficult for the administration if it had grown out of a riot, nor would any normal voter have expected it to be less politically damaging, nor would any normal campaign strategist have expected any normal voter to have expected it to be less politically damaging.

Translation: you're sane. They're crazy. Remind yourselves of that. At most, it seems to me, this involves a government failure to anticipate this kind of attack in Benghazi and some ass-covering after the fact from those on the ground responsible for such things. The attack was a tragedy. Governments - all the way down to security at consulates - make mistakes, miss things, and suffer the consequences. And the truth is that our intelligence in that region - once completely dependent on Qaddafi and other tyrants - is very weak. It's all electronic and from on high. We need to develop more human intelligence on the ground to guard against these incidents that have always occurred and always will in troubled countries in the midst of revolutions. That's what we need to learn from this.

But that's not the debate the current GOP wants to have. Because they are not actually interested in government so much as in politics. And rather than figure out why they have strayed so far from sanity, and lost the support of an entire generation, they wallow in paranoia and conspiracy.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#808092 Nov 19, 2012
Sonic,

"The tartness of your face sours ripe grapes"

Location hidden

#808093 Nov 19, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>One thing for sure, neither him nor the other Motor City guy, Kid Rock, would ever consider "doing" you.
That's cool - I doubt my husband would approve anyway...if I were interested, that is.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#808094 Nov 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I know enough to know that most hunters who "hunt for their food" couldn't survive without a local grocery store.
Same could be said for farmers...what's your point?
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#808095 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Liar - try 8%- under Bush the average was around 5%.
Liar - Economy is doing good?
What planet do you live on, loon?
Where do you get this insane information you post?
You have heard of the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression that occurred in 2008? You do know the stock market lost 60% of value and that 726,000 Americans per MONTH were losing their jobs. Compared to that the US has come a long way back from the near collapse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 1 hr pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 569
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••