Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,363)

Showing posts 747,241 - 747,260 of1,033,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of like what Mike Huckabee said in 2010:
“When a kid comes to his country, and he’s four years old and he had no choice in it — his parents came illegally. He still, because he is in this state, it’s the state’s responsibility – in fact, it is the state’s legal mandate – to make sure that child is in school. So let’s say that kid goes to school. That kid is in our school from kindergarten through the 12th grade. He graduates as valedictorian because he’s a smart kid and he works his rear end off and he becomes the valedictorian of the school. The question is: Is he better off going to college and becoming a neurosurgeon or a banker or whatever he might become, and becoming a taxpayer, and in the process having to apply for and achieve citizenship, or should we make him pick tomatoes? I think it’s better if he goes to college and becomes a citizen.”
It's what other conservatives like Rick Perry believe too.
I happen to think Texas has the right solution. It's much better to reach the children of illegals and give them every opportunity to become productive citizens.
The kid might not necessarily be of good motives, and why does he need a bill, why not just an amnesty?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about organized religion. At least I'm not.
Nature is where God can be seen and experienced the most. Nothing is more inspiring than creation itself.
Then this should work for you..........

This was the Democrats platform on the subject:

Faith has always been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history. We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires. Faith-based organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world—from domestic and global poverty to climate change and human trafficking. People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work ...

The Democratic platform referenced God more often that the Republican platform in 2000 and 2004. And the 2008 GOP platform only mentioned God twice.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you may have a point. You should see me tearing up the idiots over at FOX Nation.
i'll bet that's a real shithole over there....hmmmmm, gives me an idea...
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Rabbi Finkelsteingold ber wrote:
<quoted text>Are you Jewish?
No, I'm not, I am from the UK.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this same carol who before the election insulted every demographic that naturally would vote for Obama?
Don't recall insulting anyone. I did focus a lot of attention on the easily fooled. But I don't really consider that an insult. Just a fact.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
You were talking about shoving God and Christianity down people's throats at political conventions..........
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, kinda like God. The same one your party almost voted out.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wow...Obama shouldn't have pushed God down your throat when he said "God bless America" then.

Or ended the convention with a prayer.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Rubio said it best recently when he said Republicans can't get the right message to Hispanics if they think you're going to deport grandma.
Some of you should probably already start figuring out how you're going to crucify Rubio because, unless something unforeseen happens between now and 2016, he's most likely going to be the right messenger.
His district went with Obama. Rubio will not rally Americas Hispanics most of whom are not Cuban. Julian Castro will embarrass Rubio.

Jeb Bush's son George III is said to running for office in Texas and is also more closely aligned with the nations Hispanics than Rubio, a tea party darling.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then this should work for you..........
This was the Democrats platform on the subject:
Faith has always been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history. We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires. Faith-based organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world—from domestic and global poverty to climate change and human trafficking. People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work ...
The Democratic platform referenced God more often that the Republican platform in 2000 and 2004. And the 2008 GOP platform only mentioned God twice.
So why did they have to vote to keep "God language" in their platform and to recognize Jeruselem as the capital of Israel?

That was pretty bizarre, you have to admit. Like other democrats.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of like what Mike Huckabee said in 2010:
“When a kid comes to his country, and he’s four years old and he had no choice in it — his parents came illegally. He still, because he is in this state, it’s the state’s responsibility – in fact, it is the state’s legal mandate – to make sure that child is in school. So let’s say that kid goes to school. That kid is in our school from kindergarten through the 12th grade. He graduates as valedictorian because he’s a smart kid and he works his rear end off and he becomes the valedictorian of the school. The question is: Is he better off going to college and becoming a neurosurgeon or a banker or whatever he might become, and becoming a taxpayer, and in the process having to apply for and achieve citizenship, or should we make him pick tomatoes? I think it’s better if he goes to college and becomes a citizen.”
It's what other conservatives like Rick Perry believe too.
I happen to think Texas has the right solution. It's much better to reach the children of illegals and give them every opportunity to become productive citizens.
that's it carol...you're banished from the party. they will not tolerate levels of tardism...it's all or nothing. try being a LaRouche-y...you'll probably run into gunnertard at the "meetings"
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaath later qualified his comments, saying that he and other world leaders at a Jordan summit two years ago "understood that he was illustrating [in his comments] his strong faith and his belief that this is what God wanted." Both the White House and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, who was also present at the meeting, denies that Bush ever made such a statement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabil_Shaath
Donald Rumsfeld's holy war: How President Bush's Iraq briefings came with quotes from the Bible
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11845...

It's Official: Bush Admin Saw Iraq As Religious War

We know that the Bush administration launched the war based on flimsy and false intelligence, and used torture to try to falsely link Iraq to 9/11. But, what we now know is that in the opening days of the war in Iraq, even the flimsy intelligence took a backseat to the idea that this was a Biblical fight between the forces of good (those who worship the God of the Old and New Testaments) against those who worship the God that is chronicled in the Koran.

It doesn't just offend me as a Jew that I was apparently fighting for the New Testament in the eyes of the Bush Administration. And it doesn't just offend me as an American that they thought it proper to engage our troops in what they obviously saw as a religious crusade.

As someone who still has friends over in Iraq and Afghanistan, it boils my blood to think that insurgents and terrorists now have something else to show around as "proof" that America is "fighting a war on Islam." Rumsfeld and those at the Pentagon (as well as the White House) had to know that there was a possibility that these would come out, and only exacerbate the religious and cultural misunderstandings about the United States in the region. And yet, they didn't care.

This kind of message from the top trickled down, allowing some troops to feel comfortable in presenting themselves as Holy Warriors, and expressing that in areas where that kind of message hurts more than helps. Earlier this month, it was revealed that some troops were handing out Bibles in Afghanistan, written in Pashto and Dari. A chaplain told some troops that their job was to "hunt people for Jesus."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/its-o...
Waxman

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! Thanks for joining us. Is the left as vile over there as they are here in your opinion? The left here now thinks the state (us that work) owe them a living.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
who isn't?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Liberals/Democrats you really wanted get even with the Wealth, bring him to their Knees!! Just stop participating in Capitalism… Stop Buying Stuff!!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Didn’t ‘Republicans’ read the Tea Leafs? Obama‘s just trying to get our heads Screw on Correctly so come on Let’s Play Ball!! It’s never, ever cross my mind how living off of other people’s money would feel!! But what the Heck why have Christmas once the year when I can have it all year Round…Right!!
boy oh boy, you tards jump on talking points like trained seals...no wonder republicans are in such lockstep on everything...

the evil leading the blind and stupid.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did they have to vote to keep "God language" in their platform and to recognize Jeruselem as the capital of Israel?
That was pretty bizarre, you have to admit. Like other democrats.
the god language only got booed because it came across as pandering to the tards...you right wingers have got the narrowest vision on the planet...little wonder you're marked for extinction
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>i'll bet that's a real shithole over there....hmmmmm, gives me an idea...
careful over there. death threats. no personal info.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Sister Mary wrote:
<quoted text>Well good for you.
Another whiny kid is it?
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

I'm really sick of the amount of kids on topix trying to impersonate adults, its a nuciance.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> fact is WRONG-NEY WAS DEFEATED AND THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.
Pray to Obama for a taxpayer-paid brain transplant.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
careful over there. death threats. no personal info.
I'll give you a death threat in a minute, only uncivil left wing idiots like you use these threats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 747,241 - 747,260 of1,033,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]