Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,346)

Showing posts 746,901 - 746,920 of1,036,277
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have voted for Romney. Imo, he would have been worse for average Americans. As for Barack, we shall see. Companies are hiring again and unemployment has gone down some. I hope Republicans will work with the president in resolving this countries issues and fiscal matters. I just saw earlier that the talks were constructive and positive. I hope so.:)
As craven as this may sound, I voted for Mitt Romney because, of the two venal and repulsive choices, he was the only one who hadn't signed the NDAA. He was the only one who hadn't sent drone strikes into communities in other countries.(He essentially said he would do so, but campaign promises are some of the cheapest words in the language.)

I loathe and despise his political views as concern women - but the NDAA affects all of us, as does our National willingness, exemplified by our President, to eradicate those we perceive as enemies on foreign soil, or here at home.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions again rather collect welfare and food stamps than work !!!
Unions has succesfully destroyed airlines like: Pan Am, Eastern Airline, etc.
Like a CANCER will destroy their host that feed them!
Like a pantsuit sock the blood of its hosts until their host, who keeps them alive, dies!!!
Now let's see the same happening to America as a whole thanks to Obama!!!
Good grief!!! They rather be unemployed than to accept only 30 days paid vacation and Obamacare!!!
a sad affair all around. Bought boxes of Susie-Q's and Ding Dongs for old times sake. Twinkies all gone, except the twinks on here. lol
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't. Unions have become creatures, exactly like our so-called "Representatives" in Congress. Neither does the work we intended to be accomplished when they were instituted as part of the fabric of our society. Both have done little for The People, but increasingly, line their own pockets at the expense of those who support them, both financially, and with our trust. Both kowtow shamelessly to interests other than those of their constituents or their members. Public service is for sale to the highest bidder, and if one doesn't recognize this, politically, one is asleep.
Wait a minute lets not blame unions for our countries travails.
They have nowhere near the type of money or power Wall Street is yielding.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>hee hee hee
I didn't wanna scare him off just yet.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>No, I don't. Unions have become creatures, exactly like our so-called "Representatives" in Congress. Neither does the work we intended to be accomplished when they were instituted as part of the fabric of our society. Both have done little for The People, but increasingly, line their own pockets at the expense of those who support them, both financially, and with our trust. Both kowtow shamelessly to interests other than those of their constituents or their members. Public service is for sale to the highest bidder, and if one doesn't recognize this, politically, one is asleep.
Good post. Unfortunately, there are seemingly a lot of sleepwalkers walking around.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Wielding.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you call yourself an American.
You and reality don't even have a passing acquaintence.
Your fellow Americans are the majority.
You remain in denial.
The brighter Republiclowns are moving away from the failure the Tea Party wrought, as voters rejected the extremism your party allowed to infect it.
I love that you cling to your same old beliefs. It insures your side will be marginalized for good going forward.
But your Obama Derangement Disorder (ODD) really requires professional help.
If you mean believing honor, truth and honesty are "old beliefs" - yep, you pegged me correctly.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>a sad affair all around. Bought boxes of Susie-Q's and Ding Dongs for old times sake. Twinkies all gone, except the twinks on here. lol
With any luck you'll choke on it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I owned the shit when I voted for GWBush. Remember?
Amen. Sucked, but well deserved. I threw a bit at him too. Hey - it was my right as an American voter. One of our most cherished institutions.

:)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as full of shit as Carol.
Unions created the Middle Class. Without them, workers pay a steep price.
Hostess is an example of Rmoney style economics. THe Hedge Fund managers rewarded themselves with millions in pay, while th workers were asked to take cut after cut after cut.
At some point, people will refuse to be pushed around by rich fools. Expect to see more of that in the next few years.
hard times have always been the best organizer for unions.
Expect WalMart to have unions in the next few years.
It's the new civil rights movement.
To compare unions to greedy Corporate interests is ignorant, and that's being kind.
Well, I take offense at your first sentence.

Unions had a purpose at one time but that purpose has come and gone. Now they're just the strong arm and the bullies of the democratic party. Not to mention a major money maker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I decided to leave my purse right where it is and hang around for the big show.
Reinstating Jerusalem, "God" language met with boos at DNC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Associated Press put it this way: Democrats have changed their convention platform to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
I must admit, I sort of pegged you wrong too. You are tough.

But I already knew that, didn't I...?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
As usual you post from ignorance. Damn right I take advantage of Social Security and Medicare, I was forced to pay into it the debacles for more than 50 years, still pay. But you know what, if I did not collect Social Security and did not use Medicare my life would not change a wit.
Peace
KMA
So you admit to being a taker. DUH

Weren't you just accusing others of doing just what you're doing?? Taking money and healthcare from the Gov't??

As I said, look in the mirror, ya freakin' hypocrite!!
No surprise there, you nitwit.

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an EBT card or a so called "Obamaphone". What I do have though, is Social Security and in another year, Medicare. 2 things that Romney wasn't going to guarantee if he had it his way. Of course, in this day and age, perhaps nothing is a 100% guarantee on anything, but I feel I picked the lesser of 2 evils. All of the ultra rich Republicans are going bonkers about having to pay a little more, yet they never gave a hoot about the middle class or poor, and that will never change. Poor losers they are.
No, all the ultra rich republicans weren't going bonkers, there's not enough of them to matter. I'm in a similar condition as you but I realize both programs are going broke soon, something must be done. Obama and the dems have shown their plan is to do nothing and let them run out of money. I also am intelligent enough to know we've seen this play before, at present in places like Greece, Spain and Portugal. You cannot have close to 50% of the population contributing nothing, it is just not sustainable. You also cannot have millions of uneducated mexicans clogging up the system and receiving funds illegally. Apparently it will take a complete failure of our economic system to get it thru the thick heads of the receivers.

Then they'll blame it on the republicans, likely Bush.

If liberals are so compassionate, I suggest they dig deep into their own pocketbooks.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> so where is your brain now carol Now that is over for 4 more years for your party?
Well, there's actually another election in two more years. It would be great if conservatives could take back Congress first. But what happens between now and then will determine that.

In the meantime, remaining the loyal opposition will have to do for now.

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

This system is not sustainable, if you don't see it, you're an ignoramus, a democrat, or both. Sorry, it's true.

WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...

allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:

The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.

Collected taxes :$794 billion

The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I must admit, I sort of pegged you wrong too. You are tough.
But I already knew that, didn't I...?
Well, gee...thanks.

That wasn't a trick question was it?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there's actually another election in two more years. It would be great if conservatives could take back Congress first. But what happens between now and then will determine that.

In the meantime, remaining the loyal opposition will have to do for now.
If only kkkowards like your former peers had your fortitude.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, but bush did not push job killing obamacare, his CIA info was incorrect. Housing market helped put us here and guess who was in charge of congress when that happened?
Gee, wouldn't that be We the People? I mean, we elected these clowns, right?

Bush, Clinton, Roosevelt, freaking Lincoln....the whole show has been just that.

Nobody bought a house they couldn't afford because the government, or Wall Street, or Chase Manhattan put a gun to their head.

WE did this, and WE need to change our ways.

Shit, are we Americans or WHAT?

Sour grapes make crap wine.

Audit the Fed.
Overturn the Patriot Act, the Citizens United Decision, and all accompanying legislation.
Legalize industrial Hemp.
Abolish the Electoral College.
And, by all means, let Texas secede. At the very least they can serve as a bad example, and at best their electoral votes will stop dictating southern politics.

:P

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

archie bunker wrote:
<quoted text>You just got it in the azz again.
Cause for celebration in the Felcher household..

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean believing honor, truth and honesty are "old beliefs" - yep, you pegged me correctly.
No, I mean your lying, fabricating shit, and dishonesty. Those aren't "old beliefs", they're signs of a woman deeply in denial.

I see where Billy O hasn't quit clinging to Rmoney's leg. He agreed with the 'gifts' stupidity, just as Chris Christie was calling it a stupid comment.

My money's on Christie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 746,901 - 746,920 of1,036,277
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-23 4 min PEllen 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min mdbuilder 43,125
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Stina2 96,212
Abby 4-23 8 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min Frijoles 65,499
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 12 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 15 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••