Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,344)

Showing posts 746,861 - 746,880 of1,078,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the one who said men don't have holes?
No, he's the one that said you were one.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
What Romney Didn't Say
Peggy Noonan: Have we noticed a certain lack of modesty in our political figures? Thank goodness... for Mitt Romney, who in a conference call with donors said he got beat and beat bad, that his campaign was lacking, that his gut on the big issues was probably off, that he shouldn't have allowed his campaign to become (in the grandiose, faux-macho lingo of campaign...) an air war and not a ground war, and that they were smoked in get-out-the-vote. He added, with an eye to concerns larger than his own, that he wanted to help the party analyze and define what didn't work in 2012 so it would be stronger in 2016.
Sorry. Kidding! He didn't say that. He said the administration gave "gifts" to interest groups, and the groups appreciated the gifts, and, people being the little automatons they are, said yes, sire, and voted for him.
In a way it was as bad as the old "47%" tape.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
I asked a good friend, who is the only Democrat in her family how they felt about the election; she said they had not said one word.!!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
And who can forget that infectious "laugh"?
That was brutal! And that tight lipped smile that bordered on a grimace?
Orangelion

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Carol we've never had back & forth dialect, but it amazes me how you can speak with such knowledge & be so correct on palestine & israel, then turn around & utter such nonsense about the romney obliteration in the election, or should I say the Obama dominance! I continually kept telling everyone"keep your eyes on the polls, they mean totally nothing." How can a poll tell who will likely vote when nobody I know in the state of New Jersey was even polled? Thats not a reason that you gave, thats an excuse! The true reason romney was routed was his novist overconfident entitled attitude. Everybody vying for the presidency says things like when I'm in office or thats why I will win, but romney said it out of entitlement. He said it because he thought he already deserved it & Obama didn't. That overconfident attitude spread throughout the republican party & consecutive political pundants. So much that romney's camp excluded certain races think & believing he was ahead so he didnt need them. Proved to be costly. Another mistake was he thought he could look more presidential than the president himself. The thought alone makes no sense. Romney didnt lose because of sandy. He loss because he blatantly disrespected womans rights, his ideology was the rich get richer & the poor stay poor, & as far as sandy goes, he said he would cut FEMA & sandy hyatt should him the need & how wrong he was. Stop making excuses & come up with a better strategy against Hillary in 2016!
What do we tend to call "womens rights"? Birth control? Murdurious abortion? And why isn't condoms coming under mens rights? Feminists want all the glory. And its a bit of a cheek calling Romney scrooge taking away the poors money, when all Obama has done is tax investment.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well. Personally I think it was that walk!!
Last time you tried to walk without wearing suspenders you stepped in your va jj and slipped and fell and tried to gain money by false pretences from the liquor store by saying the floor was wet .

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>As soon as the Zionists leave the land they stole from the natives, who we call Palestinians, there will be peace.

The Jews came from Europe, let them go back to Poland, Russia, wherever. Jews largely abandoned the Middle East centuries ago, and muslims took over. Including Jerusalem.

Stealing land is not forgotten. The Jews are badly outnumbered, and America grows weaker..........

Their future is dismal. As is yours.
Were your ancestors born in America? If not then leave, and let the native American Indians take control of America again!

Israel has the right to defend itself!

Palestinias are evil murderers that remain silent in the face of death and destruction of innocent people! They are good at political correctness and staging fake attacks from Israel!

And you fall for it, dumb head!

While they launch rocket attacks to Israeli schools, Israel send notification prior to destroy their building!

Who is the evil one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You might laugh at me saying that inheritance taxes are coming at 100%, right?
I have news for you!
Obama wants you to spend your money NOW and stimulates the economy NOW and not hoard the money till some coming future!
Did you know that old ladies living in large empty houses will pay more taxes for empty rooms? Because young people could be living in there instead!
Do not believe me?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20508...
If you do not believe me then there is a lot you still do not know about liberals!
Yes they had arrived, they are here living among us and are coming for your money!!!
Well then spend yer millions and sell yer mansion now, give yer millions to them while yer still alive ya dummy!!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Aren't you the one who said men don't have holes?
lily preps for her biology test
Orangelion

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
The GOP might be out of step with some voters, but Mitt Romney was an unusually unpopular party standard-bearer.......
In particular, they are paying too little attention to how weak a candidate Mitt Romney was, and how much that hurt Republican prospects.
"Romney's favorable ratings were among the lowest recorded for a presidential candidate in the modern era."
Here is what the exit poll found. Mr. Romney's personal image took a hard hit during the primary campaign and remained weak on election day. Just 47% of exit-poll respondents viewed him favorably, compared with 53% for Mr. Obama. Throughout the campaign, Mr. Romney's favorable ratings were among the lowest recorded for a presidential candidate in the modern era. A persistent problem was doubt about his empathy with the average voter. By 53% to 43%, exit-poll respondents said that Mr. Obama was more in touch than Mr. Romney with people like themselves.
Surprisingly, Mr. Romney proved unable to exploit Mr. Obama's biggest weakness: the economy. Seventy-six percent of exit-poll respondents rated the national economy "poor" or only "fair," and just 25% said their finances were better off than they were four years ago. Yet voters expressed roughly equal confidence in Mr. Obama's ability to handle the economy (48%) as in Mr. Romney's (49%).
Mr. Romney was hurt by the perception—reinforced by Democratic attack ads and his secretly recorded comments about the "47%"—that he wasn't for the average voter. With 55% of voters in the exit poll saying they think the U.S. economic system favors the wealthy, a large majority believed that Mr. Obama's policies favor the middle class (44%) or the poor (31%). By contrast, 53% thought Mr. Romney's policies would favor the rich.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Obama having strength in empathy? He is only a narcissist, and they can never empathise with anyone.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I asked a good friend, who is the only Democrat in her family how they felt about the election; she said they had not said one word.!!
Perhaps they don't use foul language
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That was brutal! And that tight lipped smile that bordered on a grimace?
Obama's last press conference?
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
And who can forget that infectious "laugh"?
Giggles Biden?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Same here Lily. My sister-in-law works with a bunch of Republicans who all through the campaign were certain of a Romney victory. All day every day, "Romney's gonna win". Since the election she says they act like there was no election. Like it never happened. Not a word. Bizarre.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
Mitt Romney just doesn't get it. He didn't get it when he was campaigning for president and he doesn't get it now.
In his infamous remarks, secretly taped before rich supporters in May, the Republican dismissed 47 percent of American voters who, he said, were people "dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them."
Last week, trying to make sense of his defeat to other rich donors in a conference call, he sang the same insulting tune but with different lyrics. The New York Times reported that the nominee said he lost because the Obama campaign had targeted African-Americans, Hispanics and young people for policy gifts. "In each case, they were very generous in what they gave to those groups," he said.
In other words, the moochers were people who could be bought off -- in the case of young women, with free contraceptives under Obamacare; in the case of Latinos, with a proposed immigration reform. Never mind that Mr. Romney also offered gifts -- to military contractors, with no cuts in the Pentagon budget; to the rich, with no rise in their taxes. Never mind that the nominee had gone from moderate to conservative and his flip-flops had rendered him unbelievable.
If Mr. Romney had the personal responsibility he found so lacking in other Americans, he might realize that he simply was a poor candidate and the fault of the loss was entirely his own.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/e...
Estimates indicate most people could have amassed a net worth of $4.8 million dollars by our 40th birthdays if we had simply been cutthroat pricks all our lives...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/high-integri...
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well. Personally I think it was that walk!!
You mean Obama's fruitcake skip and hop up to the podium?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives' susceptibility toward "visceral appeal to anxieties and fears" is scientifically proven.
http://host.madison.com/business/biz_beat/biz...
Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley essentially confirmed this view with an meta-analysis of scores of academic studies on conservative political attitudes last year. In the study, "Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition," the Berkeley researchers found common psychological factors linked to political conservatism include: fear and aggression, dogmatism and intolerance of ambiguity, uncertainty avoidance, need for cognitive closure, and terror management that causes conservatives to shun and even punish outsiders and those who threaten the status of their cherished world views. The researchers did half-heartedly assure readers that their findings do not mean that "conservatism is pathological or that conservative beliefs are necessarily false, irrational, or unprincipled."

http://reason.com/archives/2004/10/20/patholo...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The company was struggling primarily because of a decrease in sales.
When you work for a company whose products aren't as popular or profitable anymore, you have to take what they can offer.
The Bakers' Union thought they could squeeze blood out of a turnip.
Union wages and pension costs also led to Hostess' unprofitable cost structure.
Employees who made the dough were earning $17 an hour. That's a lot of dough for making dough.
Oh wow,$2.00 more an hour than you. Did you read the part about the CEO raise? 300%?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text> Giggles Biden?
Nostrilis Waxturd?
Orangelion

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Romney invested in McDonald's because he hates black people and he wants them to get fat and die. It's rumored that their "free drink refills" was all his idea.
No its not. It isn't just black people relying on McDonalds.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here Lily. My sister-in-law works with a bunch of Republicans who all through the campaign were certain of a Romney victory. All day every day, "Romney's gonna win". Since the election she says they act like there was no election. Like it never happened. Not a word. Bizarre.
Like they got sucker punched!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 746,861 - 746,880 of1,078,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min FACT 67,856
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 27 min andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 30 min andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 4 hr Guess what 6
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••