Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,340)

Showing posts 746,781 - 746,800 of1,033,011
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit over the top. Dog humping parasite is as far as I go with describing Homer.
Get that one that a leash lol.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The USPS is something authorized by the US Constitution!!
You're not making any sense, is it safe to call you a Moonbat??
A lying weasel of a Moonbat!!
Moron. Moonbat is a slang for a liberal, idiot. You call me a liberal, and I'll slap your ars silly, libturd.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>That is a bit over the top. Dog humping parasite is as far as I go with describing Homer.
Watch your language.
Homer has feelings too.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking at it wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all am I in favor of outsourcing. Problem is that we are pricing ourselves out due to over priced union wages.
Fire the hostess bakers and train the custodians to bake the Twinkies.
I don’t know what they make but I am sure it is way too much, it’s not rocket science making cup cakes.
I prefer American made products, the problem is you can’t find them!
shall i post the pay structure again for the top executives of a dying company? 300% pay raises?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<cannonball>
Yes, that's you. Right in the Loo.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>happens when you get old and insignificant...
Obviously experience talking here.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>shall i post the pay structure again for the top executives of a dying company? 300% pay raises?
Just think of the money they will make selling the brand.
Cha fkn Ching.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the Chinese are building newer, advanced cleaner coal plants.
China has vast regions with no electric service as do many under developed countries.
The planet has had eruptions for eons. Our climate & Atmosphere are based on it.
That doesn't mean we should add poisons & pollutants & greenhouse gases over & beyond it. When you do, you change both.
What suggestions might you present for considerations, in tapping the natural energy activity per randuhm volcanic erruptions?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>Moron. Moonbat is a slang for a liberal, idiot. You call me a liberal, and I'll slap your ars silly, libturd.
Calm down, gramps.
You'll shit your Depends.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Even waxtard isn't a pusssccceee like gunner.

Hi, Gunner.
I know you're lurking.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch your language.
Homer has feelings too.
He was a'tawrking about Homers buddy, Homer....and he just hadn't had the chance to get it to the various editing agencies first for thorough buerocraptic editing...where it's kinda a busy time of year for dem and all...however, the editing dept of the editors editing desk for editors called, and inquired if dem preferred blue or black ink, when editing, edits, for editing....
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think of the money they will make selling the brand.
Cha fkn Ching.
maybe they can sell that sh1t to papa john...free order of twinkies to wash the taste of their shitty corporate "pizza" out of your mouth
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, gramps.
You'll shit your Depends.
The moron can call me anything or say anything, just don't call me anything related to a Democrat or liberal. That to me, is the lowest form of human being.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit over the top. Dog humping parasite is as far as I go with describing Homer.
dems watching you peppy lol
Trevanian

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

The number of people living in poverty in the United States rose last year to 49.7 million, based on a new measure that provides a fuller picture of poverty than that previously reported by U.S. Census Bureau data. The revised poverty rate of 16.1 percent is up more than a percentage point from the 15 percent figure reported by the government in September.

Coming a little more than a week after the 2012 elections, the news that nearly one in six Americans is living in poverty received little attention in the media or from the Obama administration. Neither big-business party has any policies to alleviate growing poverty, which is exacerbated by entrenched unemployment and a sluggish economy.

The Supplemental Poverty Measure (SPM), devised a year ago, factors in expenses for food, clothing, shelter, utilities, health care and other essentials beyond what the previous official formula took into account. It includes in its income measure such government-provided benefits as Social Security, unemployment benefits and nutrition assistance.

The SPM figures released by the Census Bureau on Thursday show that while some households may have incomes above the poverty line, factors such as medical expenses are pushing increasing numbers into poverty. The new figures also indicate that the tepid job growth in the more than four years since the financial crisis has come mostly in the form of low-wage jobs that in many cases are not able to lift families out of poverty.

More than 15 percent of working-age adults, aged 18-64, lived in poverty in 2011. Among those with some form of employment, 9.4 percent fell below the poverty line. Those working less than full-time, year-round, saw an 18.5 percent poverty rate. A third of those working less than one week in the course of the year—16.2 million, or 33.5 percent—lived in poverty last year.

Based on the SPM, the poverty rates were dramatically higher for several segments of the population. The share of people 65 years and older living in poverty was 15.1 percent, nearly double the 8.7 percent figure according to the official measure. The single biggest economic burden on seniors is medical expenses that must be paid out of pocket.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

dem wrote:
Even waxtard isn't a pusssccceee like gunner.
Hi, Gunner.
I know you're lurking.
and Peppy and Gunner, and Homer, are watching you dem.

GOD Bless America!
DEMOCRACY!
Wake Up Call

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

This Topic Is Dead. Long Live President Barack Obama!!
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>maybe they can sell that sh1t to papa john...free order of twinkies to wash the taste of their shitty corporate "pizza" out of your mouth
And a five gallon bucket of soda.
Call it the 'Tea Bag Gut Buster.'
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>He was a'tawrking about Homers buddy, Homer....and he just hadn't had the chance to get it to the various editing agencies first for thorough buerocraptic editing...where it's kinda a busy time of year for dem and all...however, the editing dept of the editors editing desk for editors called, and inquired if dem preferred blue or black ink, when editing, edits, for editing....
Bartender!
I'll have what flo is drinking.
Trevanian

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

In his first post-election press conference, President Barack Obama on Wednesday reiterated the claim that his focus in deficit-reduction talks with the Republicans is to provide jobs and help the struggling “middle class” recover from the economic crisis.

To this end, Obama declared, he is determined to reach a “balanced” compromise that will require the wealthy to “pay a little bit more.” In practical terms, that means, at most, slightly raising the income tax rates of the richest 2 percent of US households—those making more than $250,000 a year—by allowing the Bush-era tax cuts for this income group to expire on January 1st.

Obama spoke, as always in the vaguest terms, of the need to “reform” Medicare and other social entitlements. He made no mention of the scheduled expiration at the new year of federally funded extended unemployment benefits, a cruel cost-cutting measure that will, if implemented, deprive over 2 million jobless workers of cash assistance.

The real social and class interests served by the administration’s fiscal policy were indicated by the next item on the president’s calendar—a closed-door White House meeting with the CEOs of 12 of the biggest US corporations, including General Electric, Walmart, American Express, Honeywell, Ford, IBM, Pepsico and Chevron. This gathering of multi-millionaires was convened to ensure that the demands of the corporate elite for drastic cuts in social spending and further tax cuts for big business would be carried out.

Obama’s pretense of “fairness” and concern for working people, against the backdrop of the supposed looming disaster of the “fiscal cliff,” is a cynical sham. It is a cover for a calculated and ruthless assault on all that remains of the social reforms of the 20th century—most centrally, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security—combined with a restructuring of the tax system that will cut taxes for corporations and the rich and increase the tax burden on working people.

The far-reaching and reactionary substance of Obama’s social policy emerges very clearly in secret documents that were leaked last weekend relating to negotiations in the summer of 2011 between the White House and Republican House Speaker John Boehner over raising the US debt limit. In response to Republican demands for massive spending cuts in return for an agreement on raising the debt limit, Obama proposed a “grand bargain” to slash the federal deficit by $4 trillion over ten years through a combination of cuts in social programs and increased revenues from “comprehensive tax reform.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 746,781 - 746,800 of1,033,011
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]