Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251797 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#807814 Nov 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbicile. The point I was making was that parents can(Which is really fully legal you twat) leave their kids to their TV's, but they can't, because it isn't suitable. But what about kids trapped with shitty parents, At least we can save them and make sure they don't turn into a mess by their parents, imbicile.
the only point you make is the one on top of your head!!

Sister has whupped your dumb azz, and you're too retarded to see it.

Carry on, sockpuppet pretending to be from the UK!!

HAHAHAHAHA
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807815 Nov 18, 2012
Obama Won Woo Hoo wrote:
<quoted text>Lie-a-thon.
Is that the new word for BenghaziGate?
"Disinformation" is an appropriate term for that foreign policy FAILURE.

dis∑in∑for∑ma∑tion
&#8194; &#8194;[dis-in-fer-mey-shu hn, dis-in-] Show IPA
noun
false information, as about a country's military strength or plans, publicly announced or planted in the news media, especially of other countries.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#807816 Nov 18, 2012
yepperz wrote:
What Romney Didn't Say
Peggy Noonan: Have we noticed a certain lack of modesty in our political figures? Thank goodness... for Mitt Romney, who in a conference call with donors said he got beat and beat bad, that his campaign was lacking, that his gut on the big issues was probably off, that he shouldn't have allowed his campaign to become (in the grandiose, faux-macho lingo of campaign...) an air war and not a ground war, and that they were smoked in get-out-the-vote. He added, with an eye to concerns larger than his own, that he wanted to help the party analyze and define what didn't work in 2012 so it would be stronger in 2016.
Sorry. Kidding! He didn't say that. He said the administration gave "gifts" to interest groups, and the groups appreciated the gifts, and, people being the little automatons they are, said yes, sire, and voted for him.
In a way it was as bad as the old "47%" tape.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
What he DID say, over and over and over during his campaign, was that he planned to give lots of 'gifts' to those who share his tax bracket - such as a 20% tax cut, allowing (and possibly increasing) loopholes and deductions only they ever use, and packing the Supreme Court with corporatists.

Funny how no Republican Super Pac donor is happy with their purchased candidate...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#807817 Nov 18, 2012
The Astonishing Cravenness of the RSC

On Friday this blog broke the news of a paper being circulated by the Republican Study Committee, the Houseís conservative caucus. Authored by staffer Derek Khanna, it laid out the case for copyright reform in stark terms that seemed to mark an honest effort on the part of the party to at least consider the failings of the current system.

Within a day the paper was pulled from the Internet by the RSC and an apology was issued, claiming it was ďpublished without adequate review.Ē But the notion that the paper just showed up on the website of the Republican Study Committee without approval is absurd. Far more likely, as Mike Masnick points out, is that the RIAA and MPAA had a morning full of very stern phone calls to staffers and legislators, and the RSC folded.

Keep in mind that this is just a working document that didnít indicate any kind of formal change in policy from the GOP. Taking it down is tantamount to saying these ideas donít even deserve discussion.

Mr. Khanna has probably been instructed by his superiors to keep quiet about the incident. But he responded on a Reddit thread about the paper prior to it being taken down, providing some vital context:

I wrote this memo intending to start a much broader conversation, so I am the first to admit that it is a work in progress. It will take work to come to a sensible copyright system in this country, and I hope that putting this idea on the board will start a much longer conversation by recognizing that copyright is a goldilocks-like balance. And in answer to one persons post, patent reform is also absolutely vital ó real patent reform.

Ö

No one requested it. I just thought it was a good idea. I freely acknowledge that the ďsolutionsĒ are imperfect. In fact they werenít in an earlier version at all, but I thought it better to put some tangible ideas on the board as to what I actually meant. Itís one thing to talk about problems and another to start to identify solutions. And then even another battle to get it into legislative text.

The RSCís attempt to shut this all down appears to have failed; copies of the paper are now widely available. In several comment sections in stories about it, commenters wrote that such a policy shift would be reason enough to vote for the GOP, and that if the paper had signaled a change in policy the party would be on the right track to deserve to govern again. Even if thatís an exaggeration, this is an issue that young voters find increasingly important, and the RSCís unwillingness to even entertain discussion wonít look good to them.

On a broader level, a GOP thatís serious about Tim Carney-esque free-market populism would have to address IP reform, which nearly always works to the benefit of entrenched market interests to the detriment of new entrants. Jerry Brito has even gone so far as to make the comparison between copyright and Solyndra.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-as...

Location hidden

#807818 Nov 18, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.
I couldn't possibly care less what shenanigans Israelis and Palestinians get up to over there, unless one of them decided to fire a nuclear weapon at us - in that case, we'd be perfectly justified in settling the 'Israel/Palestine' question definitively, and in kind. Otherwise, we should stay the hell up out of it.
Next.
Amen and amen, sister!!

It's the evangelicals like Carol looking to the Revelations for the end times, which their silly book says will happen in Israel.

Evangelicals have a death wish. That's fine, but they're not taking the rest of us with them.

They will be killed off quickly, once their true agenda is realized by most Americans.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#807819 Nov 18, 2012
John McCain - proof these old f*cks need to go. My God, he is embarrassing himself.

Republicans are embarrassing themselves.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807820 Nov 18, 2012
Has Diane Fienstien been elected for Secretary of State yet??
Diane Fienstien for Secretary of State!!!
To the gutters with Disinformation and deceit!!

Location hidden

#807821 Nov 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said we were. But Obama is, by not allowing Israel to inspect their factories. Now you idiot, you said, no, we don't have the responsibilty to let them have the right to defend themselves. So I responded that they actually should you idiot.
not a word you said makes any sense, wingnut.

Do we have the right to inspect China's factories??

Russia's factories??

England's factories??

Gaza is not part of Israel, it is being held as a ghetto, much as the Germans did to the Jews.
Germany tried to solve the 'Jewish Problem', but the war ended too soon.

Now th eJews have become carbon copies of the Nazi's.

Karma's a bitch, as Israel will soon find out.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807822 Nov 18, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a newsflash: Israelis can take care of themselves, and so can Palestinians. If they want to bomb each other out of existence, it's really none of our business. I say, stay out of the civil wars of other nations, and pay attention to avoiding on in our own.
<quoted text>
And cheap whiskey will kill you.
:)
Yup...

(pass on cheap whiskey too lol)

Location hidden

#807823 Nov 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, young 30 year old imbicile, narcissists tend to want to make a point out of looking intimidating, because they feel the need to boost their ego, ignorant fool!
Ya mean like narcissists who create a location in the UK, while sitting in the USA??

Y'know, narcissists like you, vainly attempting to boost your ego, nitwit!!

Gotta be Gunner, noone else is so rabidly ignorant!!

He once said the Gunner name came from a UK soccer team..........
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807824 Nov 18, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen and amen, sister!!
It's the evangelicals like Carol looking to the Revelations for the end times, which their silly book says will happen in Israel.
Evangelicals have a death wish. That's fine, but they're not taking the rest of us with them.
They will be killed off quickly, once their true agenda is realized by most Americans.
The oldest known record of recorded history of mankind-a "silly book"?

Some of us actually THINK otherwise. There's too many OTHER secular books, to back up what's recorded within.

We just don't go around salaciously having to worry about it.

Location hidden

#807826 Nov 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical runner rat. Go ahead, cower you young turd. Not nice now your the one whose been intimidated.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Could be sister is tired of making you look the fool.

You must be into sado-masochism, you seem to like being spanked.

Sister has bloodied your bottom, and you're still asking for more!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807827 Nov 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
John McCain - proof these old f*cks need to go. My God, he is embarrassing himself.
Republicans are embarrassing themselves.
Who asked you peanut brain Duh A Vey gallery.
You figure out volcanic erruptions have had much more of impact scientifically on the earths ecological history, than a little bit of coal yet?

Location hidden

#807828 Nov 18, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Me personally, I'm terrified of another Ice Age. Doesn't sound like any fun.
Learn to build a fire, and locate a reliable source of firewood. Purchase it, if you can.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's WARMING globally, not cooling down. Currently, the Polar ice caps have begun to disappear at the rate of over 33%, just in the last decade. I'm thinking it's the transitional period you need to be terrified about.

Hint: We're in that transitional period now. If there is another ice age, you won't be around to see it.

Location hidden

#807829 Nov 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
We can allow them, since Israel has every right to inspect the factories, the Iranians have no right at all to refuse. If the Iranians want peace, they should have their factories inspected.
They are a soverign nation, yet they have no rights??

that's the craziest thing you've yet said!! You're a lunatic!!

Now that Fretard's gone, you've become the Topix retard!!

Congrats, Gunner!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807830 Nov 18, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
not a word you said makes any sense, wingnut.
Do we have the right to inspect China's factories??
Russia's factories??
England's factories??
Gaza is not part of Israel, it is being held as a ghetto, much as the Germans did to the Jews.
Germany tried to solve the 'Jewish Problem', but the war ended too soon.
Now th eJews have become carbon copies of the Nazi's.
Karma's a bitch, as Israel will soon find out.
How can not be a part of Israel, if the THUGS refuse to acknoweldge the existance of Israel?
And if it's not a part of the "non-existant in the thugs book of Ignorance" Israel, wth don't they just call it Palestine and join the REST of the already ENLIGHTENED, PEACEFUL, DEMOCRATIC processes surrounding them.

They're already getting their butts kicked.

Do you live on some unknown planet for the clueless in outer space or something?

Location hidden

#807831 Nov 18, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Think your special? You've got nothing on me young runner rat.
Yet you're obsessed with Sister!!

You've responded to her at least 30 times today only!!

She whips your dumb azz, and you come back for more!! More!! More!!

You are a sado-masochist!!

Location hidden

#807832 Nov 18, 2012
Plowing wrote:
<quoted text>He must wear a lot of clothing, since you tend to give men frostbite.I bet your heating bill is off the chart.
I suggest you keep your day job - prognostication just isn't your field of expertise.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#807833 Nov 18, 2012
....survival is a good incentive, and the Republican Party may begin to understand that to compete in this new demographic contest, it has to control and shape its own message -- one that's inclusive, broader, less defined, more full of good feeling -- encouraging and tutoring its candidates in the art of calculated blandness. This will be distinctly bad for right-wing media.

What's more, if the national consensus is truly tilting liberal, right-wing media -- no matter if its audience stays loyal -- could feel the sting and ostracism in more direct ways. As soon as advertisers begin to sense a shift in respectability, or, worse, acceptability, they shiver. Even holding its audience, the taint of extremism, homophobia or racism, or even just old-fogie-ism, is going to start to scare major advertisers away.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#807834 Nov 18, 2012
Plowing wrote:
<quoted text>When is the last time you got plucked,you always sound like you are frustrated.Being an old maid is not worth it.Now go look for a raunchy poolhall and find a couple of bikers.Make up for lost time.
Ooohh was that the earth that moved, or was it just the sound of the tofu and carp eggs on wuh-eat tacos, hitting the floor?

Is it odd or even rolling black out day there, in mega-energy consumers land?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Mrkoco 192,305
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min IBdaMann 53,990
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Sublime1 99,902
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr RACE 6,144
Word (Dec '08) 13 hr RACE 5,325
Dear Abby July 3, 2015 13 hr RACE 5
Amy July 3, 2015 15 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages