Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
746,341 - 746,360 of 1,095,612 Comments Last updated 1 min ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Baracka Claus is Coming to Town

Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
Jokes about rednecks irritates the Tea Party:
So here goes some of their most hated.
You might be a redneck if your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does.
You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back.
You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.
You think fast food is killing a deer at 65.
You let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
... You voted for Romney because you just witnessed 4 years of incompetent Obama failure and didn't want it repeated again.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

The two things Liberals/Democrats love to hate (God and Facts) there’s a common thread there!!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats are exactly like adolescents in an arrested developemntal state. Every single one I know is an immature slacker. Like in Jr. High, they are jealous and think with a teen brain. Absolutely no ability to reason as an adult.
Usually frustrated with their lot in life due to being lazy and bad choices they made in life. Poor souls who are angry and vile.
I've seen many left wing democrats before being accused of being kids on topx LMFAO!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...so it's desperation when republicans choose someone of Hispanic American ethnicity to represent our party but not when democrats choose an African American?
Mark Rubio has been a rising star in the republican party for some time.
Rubio was elected at the age of 28 to the Florida House of Representatives. He won re-election to a second full term as well as a third and fourth full term.
Rubio championed a major overhaul of the Florida tax system. He served as Speaker of the Florida House. He became House Majority Leader in 2003.
Committee assignments
2000:
Community Colleges & Career Prep
Elder Affairs & Long-Term Care
Finance & Taxation
Joint Legislative Committee on Article V
Real Property & Probate
2001-2003:
Banking Claims
General Government Appropriations
Health Regulation
Procedural & Redistricting Council
Select Committee of the Whole
Select Committee on Security
Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations
2004:
Select Committee on Affordable Housing
2005-2009:
Select Committee to Protect Private Property Rights (Chair)
Fiscal Council
Rules & Calendar Council
Select Committee on Medicaid Reform
Spaceport & Technology Committee
In 2010, Marco Rubio won the Senate.
Assignments as United States Senator:
Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
Subcommittee on Science and Space
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Committee on Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps and Narcotics Affairs (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection
Select Committee on Intelligence
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
So what makes Rubio any less qualified to become the president as Obama?
Coulter: Picking Rubio As VP Would Be "Pandering" To Hispanics

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/0...
illinois

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

I don't know who, rep or dem, is better but I know one thing no one would see that some day Afganistan soldier would turn back their guns and kill our soldiers -- Leaving Irag and Afga is right thing to do. Never put our soldiers in third world country again.
illinois

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

illinois wrote:
As I said many times before election day, Obama would be re-elected...
that's a fact, check it...

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...so it's desperation when republicans choose someone of Hispanic American ethnicity to represent our party but not when democrats choose an African American?
Mark Rubio has been a rising star in the republican party for some time.
Rubio was elected at the age of 28 to the Florida House of Representatives. He won re-election to a second full term as well as a third and fourth full term.
Rubio championed a major overhaul of the Florida tax system. He served as Speaker of the Florida House. He became House Majority Leader in 2003.
Committee assignments
2000:
Community Colleges & Career Prep
Elder Affairs & Long-Term Care
Finance & Taxation
Joint Legislative Committee on Article V
Real Property & Probate
2001-2003:
Banking Claims
General Government Appropriations
Health Regulation
Procedural & Redistricting Council
Select Committee on Security
Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations
2004:
Select Committee on Affordable Housing
2005-2009:
Select Committee to Protect Private Property Rights (Chair)
Fiscal Council
Rules & Calendar Council
Select Committee on Medicaid Reform
Spaceport & Technology Committee
In 2010, Marco Rubio won the Senate.
Assignments as United States Senator:
Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
Subcommittee on Science and Space
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Committee on Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps and Narcotics Affairs (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection
Select Committee on Intelligence
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
So what makes Rubio any less qualified to become the president as Obama?
Marco Antonio Rubio, there is no Mark Rubio in the US Senate.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

illinois wrote:
As I said many times before election day, Obama would be re-elected...
I also knew Obama would be re-elected as did over half the nation. Only Fox News and Tea Party zealots were unaware. Right wing Republicans were worried all along. Keeping Mitt silent was their best shot at getting any votes.
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
careful over there. death threats. no personal info.
maybe i'll see you there
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you a death threat in a minute, only uncivil left wing idiots like you use these threats.
well, ok...i guess you're a blind idiot...
the devil is coming

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

why do we care whos prez countrys gonna get taken ova by illumnaties any way
Orangelion

Flint, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You better check again, lady.
Typical left wing tripe you spout out again?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not, I am from the UK.
So they don't have jews in th eUK?? ROFLMAO

And I'm from Jupiter!!

You nitwit, your location is phony, as in - you put it there.

If Topix had id'd your isp location, it would be in blue print, not gray. Same as 'hidden locations' show up in gray. DUH

Nice try, dummy.

You trolls will stop at nothing in creating your phony sockpuppets.

Only question is whether you're a Nobraina or Waxturd sockpuppet.

But there's no question you're a nitwit with a fake location. Possibly Gunner trying to ease back in as a limey.

He's too ashamed to come back as Gunner.
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Smartical wrote:
<quoted text>
ok...no sarcasm here. just a real question. what company would go into business if they didn't make a profit? thats my question.
i dont think its right when mega corporations make extravagant amounts of money at the expense of their employees and to their buying public. i do think that this applies to the major majority of companies in America. i also STRONGLY agree that the unions have priced themselves out of jobs, especially the hiring of new employees. And then look! there goes another company, outsourcing to china or thailand or india.
union wages allow for a simple middle class existence...without unions, you won't even get that. nobody likes being shit on...with the exception of...well, every right winger on topix. you defend those who drive up your workload while driving down your wages and pocketing the difference...

hostess was going to tank anyway, sorry if i have zero sympathy for hostess execs...they can comfort themselves with another home and a new jag. The worker's road ahead was only going to get worse, in the long run they're better off

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

illinois wrote:
I don't know who, rep or dem, is better but I know one thing no one would see that some day Afganistan soldier would turn back their guns and kill our soldiers -- Leaving Irag and Afga is right thing to do. Never put our soldiers in third world country again.
True story, why send the military when the CIA is eager to fight our wars.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

It's been more than a week since Election Day, and the process through which the GOP figures out where everything went terribly wrong in its quest to retake the White House is ongoing. It's definitely a debate worth having: President Barack Obama's reelection bucked many of the conventionally accepted historical trends relating to incumbents in a poorly-performing economy.

Eventually, I feel pretty confident that those tasked with diagnosing the failure to unseat Obama in 2012 will eventually settle on something like, "Well, we ended up with a pretty implausible nominee who couldn't relate to normal human-Americans (and who, indeed, often demonstrated an open contempt for them) after the nativist clique that took over the party in 2010 ran off many of our more talented prospects from the race and kept them on the sidelines. And our long primary season was pretty goofy and alienating. Also, as subpar as our candidate was, it probably didn't help matters that we spent the lion's share of the campaign season slagging him publicly until he turned in that one decent debate performance. In retrospect, maybe we shouldn't have done that. Oh, and why did we force our candidate to run away from his signature legislative achievement -- Massachusetts health care reform -- when that was the very thing that first drew us to him as a potential presidential aspirant in the first place? That seems like a pretty big cock-up on our part, too."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/gop-...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republiclowns are exactly like adolescents in an arrested developemntal state. Every single one I know is an immature slacker. Like in Jr. High, they are jealous and think with a teen brain. Absolutely no ability to reason as an adult.
Usually frustrated with their lot in life due to being lazy and bad choices they made in life. Poor souls who are angry and vile.
For once, you're right!!

That's why you got stomped on Nov. 6th.

332 Obama electoral votes

206 Rmoney electoral votes

Proof of the ignorance that is rampant in conservative hate speech.
Orangelion

Flint, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So they don't have jews in th eUK?? ROFLMAO
And I'm from Jupiter!!
You nitwit, your location is phony, as in - you put it there.
If Topix had id'd your isp location, it would be in blue print, not gray. Same as 'hidden locations' show up in gray. DUH
Nice try, dummy.
You trolls will stop at nothing in creating your phony sockpuppets.
Only question is whether you're a Nobraina or Waxturd sockpuppet.
But there's no question you're a nitwit with a fake location. Possibly Gunner trying to ease back in as a limey.
He's too ashamed to come back as Gunner.
I can't change my location you idiot, I am an unregistered user.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then this should work for you..........
This was the Democrats platform on the subject:
Faith has always been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history. We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires. Faith-based organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world—from domestic and global poverty to climate change and human trafficking. People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work ...
The Democratic platform referenced God more often that the Republican platform in 2000 and 2004. And the 2008 GOP platform only mentioned God twice.

Then why did Democrats try to remove the mention of God from the 2012 platform?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••