Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
746,301 - 746,320 of 1,099,938 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#807019 Nov 17, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then this should work for you..........
This was the Democrats platform on the subject:
Faith has always been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history. We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires. Faith-based organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world—from domestic and global poverty to climate change and human trafficking. People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work ...
The Democratic platform referenced God more often that the Republican platform in 2000 and 2004. And the 2008 GOP platform only mentioned God twice.
So why did they have to vote to keep "God language" in their platform and to recognize Jeruselem as the capital of Israel?

That was pretty bizarre, you have to admit. Like other democrats.
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

#807020 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of like what Mike Huckabee said in 2010:
“When a kid comes to his country, and he’s four years old and he had no choice in it — his parents came illegally. He still, because he is in this state, it’s the state’s responsibility – in fact, it is the state’s legal mandate – to make sure that child is in school. So let’s say that kid goes to school. That kid is in our school from kindergarten through the 12th grade. He graduates as valedictorian because he’s a smart kid and he works his rear end off and he becomes the valedictorian of the school. The question is: Is he better off going to college and becoming a neurosurgeon or a banker or whatever he might become, and becoming a taxpayer, and in the process having to apply for and achieve citizenship, or should we make him pick tomatoes? I think it’s better if he goes to college and becomes a citizen.”
It's what other conservatives like Rick Perry believe too.
I happen to think Texas has the right solution. It's much better to reach the children of illegals and give them every opportunity to become productive citizens.
that's it carol...you're banished from the party. they will not tolerate levels of tardism...it's all or nothing. try being a LaRouche-y...you'll probably run into gunnertard at the "meetings"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#807021 Nov 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaath later qualified his comments, saying that he and other world leaders at a Jordan summit two years ago "understood that he was illustrating [in his comments] his strong faith and his belief that this is what God wanted." Both the White House and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, who was also present at the meeting, denies that Bush ever made such a statement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabil_Shaath
Donald Rumsfeld's holy war: How President Bush's Iraq briefings came with quotes from the Bible
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11845...

It's Official: Bush Admin Saw Iraq As Religious War

We know that the Bush administration launched the war based on flimsy and false intelligence, and used torture to try to falsely link Iraq to 9/11. But, what we now know is that in the opening days of the war in Iraq, even the flimsy intelligence took a backseat to the idea that this was a Biblical fight between the forces of good (those who worship the God of the Old and New Testaments) against those who worship the God that is chronicled in the Koran.

It doesn't just offend me as a Jew that I was apparently fighting for the New Testament in the eyes of the Bush Administration. And it doesn't just offend me as an American that they thought it proper to engage our troops in what they obviously saw as a religious crusade.

As someone who still has friends over in Iraq and Afghanistan, it boils my blood to think that insurgents and terrorists now have something else to show around as "proof" that America is "fighting a war on Islam." Rumsfeld and those at the Pentagon (as well as the White House) had to know that there was a possibility that these would come out, and only exacerbate the religious and cultural misunderstandings about the United States in the region. And yet, they didn't care.

This kind of message from the top trickled down, allowing some troops to feel comfortable in presenting themselves as Holy Warriors, and expressing that in areas where that kind of message hurts more than helps. Earlier this month, it was revealed that some troops were handing out Bibles in Afghanistan, written in Pashto and Dari. A chaplain told some troops that their job was to "hunt people for Jesus."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/its-o...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Los Angeles, CA

#807022 Nov 17, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not, I am from the UK.
Brilliant! Thanks for joining us. Is the left as vile over there as they are here in your opinion? The left here now thinks the state (us that work) owe them a living.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

#807023 Nov 17, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not, I am from the UK.
who isn't?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#807025 Nov 17, 2012
Liberals/Democrats you really wanted get even with the Wealth, bring him to their Knees!! Just stop participating in Capitalism… Stop Buying Stuff!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

#807026 Nov 17, 2012
TSM wrote:
Didn’t ‘Republicans’ read the Tea Leafs? Obama‘s just trying to get our heads Screw on Correctly so come on Let’s Play Ball!! It’s never, ever cross my mind how living off of other people’s money would feel!! But what the Heck why have Christmas once the year when I can have it all year Round…Right!!
boy oh boy, you tards jump on talking points like trained seals...no wonder republicans are in such lockstep on everything...

the evil leading the blind and stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

#807027 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did they have to vote to keep "God language" in their platform and to recognize Jeruselem as the capital of Israel?
That was pretty bizarre, you have to admit. Like other democrats.
the god language only got booed because it came across as pandering to the tards...you right wingers have got the narrowest vision on the planet...little wonder you're marked for extinction

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#807028 Nov 17, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>i'll bet that's a real shithole over there....hmmmmm, gives me an idea...
careful over there. death threats. no personal info.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#807029 Nov 17, 2012
Sister Mary wrote:
<quoted text>Well good for you.
Another whiny kid is it?
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#807030 Nov 17, 2012
I'm really sick of the amount of kids on topix trying to impersonate adults, its a nuciance.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#807031 Nov 17, 2012
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> fact is WRONG-NEY WAS DEFEATED AND THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.
Pray to Obama for a taxpayer-paid brain transplant.
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#807032 Nov 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you a death threat in a minute, only uncivil left wing idiots like you use these threats.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#807033 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...Obama shouldn't have pushed God down your throat when he said "God bless America" then.
Or ended the convention with a prayer.
Lol,, The contortions and twisting have resumed. I have no problem with it, apparently you do. Too bad you can't run the world the way you want it to be eh Carol? Do you even know what you're saying anymore? Anything to complain and whine,,anything. Drop the Fox News shitshow. You sound confused.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#807034 Nov 17, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>shall i post the pay structure again for the top executives of a dying company? 300% pay raises?
ok...no sarcasm here. just a real question. what company would go into business if they didn't make a profit? thats my question.

i dont think its right when mega corporations make extravagant amounts of money at the expense of their employees and to their buying public. i do think that this applies to the major majority of companies in America. i also STRONGLY agree that the unions have priced themselves out of jobs, especially the hiring of new employees. And then look! there goes another company, outsourcing to china or thailand or india.
dem

Chicago, IL

#807035 Nov 17, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
I'm really sick of the amount of kids on topix trying to impersonate adults, its a nuciance.
morning, ma'am.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#807036 Nov 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds fun!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#807037 Nov 17, 2012
Jokes about rednecks irritates the Tea Party:
So here goes some of their most hated.
You might be a redneck if your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does.
You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back.
You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.
You think fast food is killing a deer at 65.
You let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#807038 Nov 17, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>boy oh boy, you tards jump on talking points like trained seals...no wonder republicans are in such lockstep on everything...
the evil leading the blind and stupid.
Lord Fetch the Liberals Best argument for Obama’s Presidency….He’s Black!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#807039 Nov 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The instinct to turn to Rubio primarily because of his ethnicity reeks of desperation, which is hardly appealing, and it announces to rank-and-file voters that party and movement leaders want to resume fruitless efforts to pander to groups that are supposedly “natural” Republicans. Because his foreign policy preferences represent some of the worst that the modern GOP has to offer, he would be hard-pressed to broaden the Republican coalition. As Michael said last night, Republicans need to become and be perceived as capable of governing well, and only then can its coalition grow. There are not many people looking for a new Joe Lieberman to lead them into Syria, or wherever the next conflict might happen to be, and there will be many conservatives who won’t want to support a protege of Jeb Bush. It’s not difficult to imagine how rallying behind Rubio could make things worse for the GOP among its reliable supporters and backfire among those outside the party that he is supposed to be able to attract.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Oh...so it's desperation when republicans choose someone of Hispanic American ethnicity to represent our party but not when democrats choose an African American?

Mark Rubio has been a rising star in the republican party for some time.

Rubio was elected at the age of 28 to the Florida House of Representatives. He won re-election to a second full term as well as a third and fourth full term.

Rubio championed a major overhaul of the Florida tax system. He served as Speaker of the Florida House. He became House Majority Leader in 2003.

Committee assignments
2000:
Community Colleges & Career Prep
Elder Affairs & Long-Term Care
Finance & Taxation
Joint Legislative Committee on Article V
Real Property & Probate

2001-2003:
Banking Claims
General Government Appropriations
Health Regulation
Procedural & Redistricting Council
Select Committee of the Whole
Select Committee on Security
Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations

2004:
Select Committee of the Whole
Select Committee on Affordable Housing

2005-2009:
Select Committee to Protect Private Property Rights (Chair)
Fiscal Council
Rules & Calendar Council
Select Committee on Medicaid Reform
Spaceport & Technology Committee

In 2010, Marco Rubio won the Senate.

Assignments as United States Senator:

Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
Subcommittee on Science and Space
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Committee on Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps and Narcotics Affairs (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection
Select Committee on Intelligence
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship

So what makes Rubio any less qualified to become the president as Obama?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Militants decapitate four 'Israeli Mossad spies 10 min MailOnline 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min LRS 177,361
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min Uzi 68,359
Abby 8-29 34 min RACE 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min texas pete 4,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Fair Game 46,298
Westward Group Alternatives - Alternative energ... 41 min kristywalls 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,918
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••