Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,315)

Showing posts 746,281 - 746,300 of1,034,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RUSH10ME

Callao, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle Obama visited Ann Romney recently and found her painting her mansion walls. She was wearing a new fur coat and a nice denim jacket. Michelle Obama thinking this was a little strange, asked Ann why she was wearing them rather than old clothes or overalls. Ann Romney showed Michelle Obama the instructions on the paint can. For best results put on two coats.
Booorak O has been served papers , mooochele wants a divorce , aperently she found that Boorak is wearing another mans ring , its brown and he wears it around his penis , it belongs to Larry Sinclare .

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama's first priority was meeting with union thugs...before meeting with CEOs in the private sector...to thank them for getting him elected again.
He loves his unions. Didn't he say something to the effect that he lives and breathes the SEIU in 2008?
He sure did.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

The specter of liquidation has loomed large since the bankruptcy case, Hostess's second in recent years, kicked off in January. From the start, the company has warned that labor cuts were its only chance to survive and said the only other possible outcome was a full shutdown of the business. Both Hostess and its largest union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, have long agreed a widespread strike would spell the end of the company.

But Hostess has threatened liquidation before in the case—and during its last stint in Chapter 11—and not followed through. Earlier this year, it said a vote against its last, best, final offer by either of its two largest unions would prompt an immediate liquidation. But when the bakers union gave Hostess just that trigger, Hostess instead decided to take its case back to the court.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never end.
It's a holy war.
It will end when Israel gives back the land they stole.
That will never happen.
It will end when Israel finally kills the last one of the slimeballs.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

NUN ON THE RUN wrote:
<quoted text>
May I be of service m'Lord?
That figures.
RUSH10ME

Callao, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle Obama visited Ann Romney recently and found her painting her mansion walls. She was wearing a new fur coat and a nice denim jacket. Michelle Obama thinking this was a little strange, asked Ann why she was wearing them rather than old clothes or overalls. Ann Romney showed Michelle Obama the instructions on the paint can. For best results put on two coats.
How do you stop 5 black men from raping a white girl , throw in a basket ball .

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals get hysterical thinking evolution is a scientific fact instead of a theory and that climate change is something new to this century. One of Obama's publishers wrote in his bio that he was born in Kenya.
These are facts.
Thanks for proving my point.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama's first priority was meeting with union thugs...before meeting with CEOs in the private sector...to thank them for getting him elected again.
He loves his unions. Didn't he say something to the effect that he lives and breathes the SEIU in 2008?
President Obama is on the side of the American people; you are on the side of the corporation. The people voted against the corporations; which was quite a feat considering the millions being pumped into the campaign. The people went out and voted big, that's the only way to make sure that the corporate machine can't steal the election.
You vote against your own best interests. It's incredible.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I had truly hoped that the President would have pushed for the public option, open up Medicare for all rather than this complicated bill that was a compromise.
I hope that eventually it will become universal healthcare for all paid through taxation and not attached to employment. It's the simplest and fairest way.
Please show exactly where you get your facts that this complicated fubar of a bill was anything close to being "compromised".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals get hysterical thinking evolution is a scientific fact instead of a theory and that climate change is something new to this century. One of Obama's publishers wrote in his bio that he was born in Kenya.
These are facts.
This is one response to your question of what is good about Obamacares:(you won't like it because it benefits the American women)

Infographic: Women’s Preventive Services Now Covered Under Obamacare

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, Republicans don't accept FACTS. Evolution? Climate Change? Obama American? Pregnancies occur as a result of rape? According to the Republicans, the answer to these questions is NO.
The good news is, as long as they are determined to dispute facts, they will be forever known as, according to Bobby Jindal, "the stupid party". And "the stupid party" has no future in American politics. So you just keep going with your asinine excuses for what your party has become....deny, deny, deny. Your skewed polls, your un-ending conspiracy theories, your constant denial of facts and your twisted interpretation of policy...the "fiscal" conservative bullshit is an absolute joke. Get serious Carol.
If one counts 2000 as stolen elections then the GOP record since 1992 is just dismal. Even without that they have lost the popular vote 5 out of the last 6 presidential elections and barely squeaked by the one time they "won."
So just maybe the suppressed Democratic majority has now emerged. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Besides, it's not healthy to act like you have cornered the market on things that remain a mystery and will always be so in our limited and finite understanding of the universe in the name of politics.

Jindal is entitled to his opinion. Much of what Romney said is true just by the numbers - who voted for Obama and why.

But he is right in that conservatives need to broaden their message to these same people. I believe it will happen on its own after a few more years.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

A Supreme Win for Women: The Crucial Benefits of Obamacare
by Jessica Arons Jun 28, 2012 7:00 PM EDT

Thanks to Obamacare, women can’t be charged 150 percent more than men for insurance, can’t be penalized for having had a C-section—and can count birth control as preventive care.

“Preexisting conditions” can include having had breast cancer or a C-section, or having been a victim of domestic violence or sexual assault.

Mothers will also have peace of mind knowing that their children will be covered. Insurers can no longer deny coverage to the 17 million children with preexisting conditions. And Obamacare requires insurance companies to allow young adults to stay on their parents' health-insurance plans until their 26th birthday. Already, 6.6 million people have gotten insurance under this provision.

In short, Obamacare will increase health-insurance coverage for women, lower their health-care costs—and end the worst insurance-industry abuses against them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...

(This is more bad news for Carol, who can't find anything good about Obamacares)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the size of the union in their membership & financial responsibility, union heads do not make a high salary compared to other organizations of that similar size.
I didn't call them evil.
However, when we have CEOs making tens of millions while pushing employees to take pay cuts just to improve the bottom line, then yes, they are evil.
Did you notice that the director of the Red Cross makes $500,000?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> He sure did.
Thought so. He really loves the SEIU.

I'm trying to recall another time in history when unions were so important to a famous leader.

Can you help me out?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
this is how stupid you libs are:
the top 2/10 ths of 1% pay 22% of all taxes and the bottom 48% pay 2% OF ALL TAXES and you think raising taxes on the top 2/10ths of 1% by 4% is going to help a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit?
Put down the LSD
It will help by reducing it by 70 billion a year.

More than a 5% bite.

More that defunding planned parenthood.

More than defunding PBS
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It is a very diverse area. A lot of people have no idea just big of a place it is.
Think big! Many people know we build all the aircraft carriers here but few are aware that we also build those giant Liebherr mining trucks.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just as pathetic as "brown eyes". I too have criticized Michelle Obama, but I do so based on actual policy issues and her outragious spending while the country is in the economic disaster it is in, along with the amount of millions of unemployed American's.
To just criticize on appearance like you are doing Michelle Obama or make fun of someone that if she was in the opposite party she would be hailed as an example of what a strong, intelligent, wonderful parent and spokesperson she is as is the case with Ann Romney is a perfect example of true shallow moron you are.
Nice; however, Brown Eyes posted a joke and it wasn't vulgar. Comedians make fun of everyone and the joke about wearing two coats is pretty mild.
On the other hand, the poster rush is just a flat out sicko racist and only posts vulgarity.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you something? Do you ever do research for yourself?
Wall Street Journal - Obama's Dividend Assault: A plan to triple the tax rate would hurt all shareholders.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- Eighteen CEOs urged Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner this week to rethink the Obama administration's proposal to raise the 15% tax rate on dividends and capital gains for high-income households.
A hike in investment tax rates "could spark a new wave of volatility in our financial markets and give a competitive edge to overseas corporations at a time when we need capital formation here in America to create jobs and expand our economy," the CEOs said in an opinion article for Politico.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/10/news/economy/...
May I ask you something?? Do you ever think for yourself??

Will your dividend rate go up?? Are you one of the CEO's who tried mightily to defeat Obama??

You're poor, you likely don't have investments, much less dividend paying stocks,if you have them, they're in hubby's 401K, and you don't pay taxes on income in a 401k.

Why does a poor person like you, maing $15 an hour, part time, care about taxes on wealthy folks??

Why do you ignorantly throw your lot in with rich folks? Hoping to get more cheap stuff they leave on the curb??

You make no sense at all, Carol. You stated you were willing to throw your husband under the bus concerning Medicare so rich people wouldn't have to pay more taxes.

Why are you so self loathing you kneel before the rich and take whatever scraps they throw to you?? Folks like your hero, sex deviate O'Reilly, worth $50 million.

You actively lobby against your own self interests. That's a definition of insanity.

And your daughter voted for Obama, laughing at you behind your back!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought so. He really loves the SEIU.
I'm trying to recall another time in history when unions were so important to a famous leader.
Can you help me out?
Pathetic
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>How do you stop 5 black men from raping a white girl , throw in a basket ball .
Or tell them it's part of their job description.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 746,281 - 746,300 of1,034,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 7 min Kuuipo 9
Music Artists A to Z 12 min boundary painter 92
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 17 min boundary painter 1,023
Amy 4-19 20 min boundary painter 8
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 28 min boundary painter 7,551
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min ritedownthemiddle 42,991
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min edogxxx 96,133
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search