Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
746,241 - 746,260 of 1,096,561 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightly or wrongly, Christie has little future in the Republican Party unless he can find a way to redeem himself. Begging for taxpayer money from Obama won't get the job done.
Get real. Someone had to show the POTUS HOW to start the recovery process.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Carol, the only reason Barack Hussein Obama was re-elected was greed, pure unmitigated greed?'Whatcha gonna gimmee? Romney was going to find a way to get Giverment off the back of business, so that they could do business? Until the welfare mentality is shown as what it is, nothing will change.
Although I do agree there aren't enough Black voters who think that way.
It's beginning to change for blacks. Many are taking a second look at the bill of goods they were sold by the democrat party. It's going to take strong black republican leaders speaking out to reach more of them.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He began to feel like he was being used by Christian record producers apparently from what I've gathered. Whether that shook his faith or his newfound belief isn't known. He remains a very private person.
He was pretty involved at the time though going to Bible study classes and even preaching to his audience at concerts which, of course, turned some of them off.
We can't know what's in anyone's heart.
Christians have been dismayed or disappointed by other Christians for some reason or another without it shaking their core belief.
My hope is that this is the case with Dylan.
"Iíve never said Iím born again. Thatís just a media term".

B. Dylan

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
I just glanced up at the TV and saw a graphic that said, "Obama tells them to back off".
Was he talking about McCain and Graham or Israel?
It was about the press' treatment of Lindsey Lohan.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hope he wouldn't abandoned his Jewish roots as a Christian.
Jesus did the same thing.
Dylan is a washed-up miserable old has-been. Saw him interviewed a few months back. Poster boy for clinical depression.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think it's a matter of "getting a message" out. I think we've passed the tipping point-- more people are riding in the wagon (liberals ) than are pulling it (conservatives).
And parasites have as much voting power as a producer. So it makes sense: women will vote for somebody that promises to save them $9/month in birth control. Minorities will vote for somebody that promises them more EBT, Welfare, Section 8, etc. etc. etc.
Neither seem to have the ability to think long term. When everybody is sitting on their butts waiting for the gubbermint to tell them what to do, give them their allowance, feed them, who pays for it?
And most alarming about it is how liberals DON'T MIND being parasites. People used to be ashamed to accept charity. Liberals pride themselves in being pathetic. Needy. Entitled.
I've hidden my assets for the next four years. Lord Obama and the parasites are going to have a rough time finding them. I will enjoy a good show.
Too many have, in fact, become accustomed to a dependent lifestyle. Some not by choice but, others, definitely.

Liberals just can't accept there are people who will take advantage of their good intentions.

Since: Oct 12

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a cruel hoax...he works for Wallstreet. Romney was like a ringer for Obama just acting like he was running for president. He and Obama were almost twin. Count dracula (romney) Babyface nelson (obama).
The Obama so called healthcare tax will ruin America and the poor and the elderly will be the most ruined. Obama used almost 8bill.$$$$ of medicare to pay for obama tax bill. They can't spend the same dollars 2 times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait until the first time they are denied the medical care they desire.
I love it when the "libertarian" goobs use words like "deserve" when talking about taxpayer's footing a bill. We can smell your nanny-state affection a mile away.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent article, Carol should read it.
She's probably still fuming about the conservatives putting Krauthammer on the Dubya list.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait until the first time they are denied the medical care they desire.
Will they still be able to the ER and give a fake name to get free treatment?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
B. Dylan
Does it really matter that he professed to be a Christian in his own way?

One of Dylan's "sermons", Bob Dylan style.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightly or wrongly, Christie has little future in the Republican Party unless he can find a way to redeem himself. Begging for taxpayer money from Obama won't get the job done.
Maybe not your Republican Party but your Republican Party is dead in national level politics. You won't have any choice, who did you vote for this year? Romney really your first choice?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I just cannot help but feel for the innocent and rational people of modern day 21st century Israel...always being attacked by deranged, demented, sociopathic anarchists, still living under 17th and 18th century rocks of ignorance.
GO Israel!
Most libs consider Israel to be the aggressors. They consider the Palestinian terrorists to be "freedom fighters".
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
B. Dylan
Does it matter if he professed to be a Christian his own way?

One of Dylan's "sermons", Bob Dylan style.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Charles Krauthammer is completely wrong in his recommendation for what the GOP should do next:

Imagine Marco Rubio advancing such a policy [of amnesty] on the road to 2016. It would transform the landscape. Heíd win the Hispanic vote. Yes, win it. A problem fixable with a single policy initiative is not structural. It is solvable.

This is not what would happen. Krauthammer misunderstands the nature of the Republicansí problem in winning Hispanic voters, which goes well beyond any one policy. If it is a solvable problem, it isnít going to be solved by pursuing a failed theory of appealing to Hispanic voters primarily in terms of changing immigration policy. George W. Bush went out of his way to identify himself with a liberalized immigration policy, and even he couldnít win the Hispanic vote. McCainís result was even worse than Bushís 40%. To some extent, the GOP already tested Krauthammerís proposal and gained nothing for its effort.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Itís fantasy to suppose that any Republican nominee can double the amount of support Romney just received four years from now. The landscape would not be transformed, and a Republican candidate running on a me-too immigration platform would probably see turnout from his core constituencies decline yet again. Whatever amnesty proposal a Republican candidate embraces, it will be perceived at best as too little, too late by those it is supposed to win over, and it will confirm that the party leadership is oblivious if not openly hostile to what its constituents prefer. Itís a political disaster waiting to happen, and quite a few Republican pundits seem only too eager to rush towards it.
Orangelion

Flint, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when the "libertarian" goobs use words like "deserve" when talking about taxpayer's footing a bill. We can smell your nanny-state affection a mile away.
Feminists want birth control because they are the ones who are really treating men like sex objects, and don't want children and are scared of being responsible, same with abortion, except whats worse is that its murder. And muslim immigrants don't bother to actually learn the english language but expect Obama to support them while they dump their trash everywhere, and homosexuals, they are just sexual deviants relying on young people to turn them into gay converts.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hope he wouldn't abandoned his Jewish roots as a Christian.
Jesus did the same thing.
You're blowing hot air again.....

Do you find yourself being a more religious person these days?

A religious person? Religion is supposedly a force for positive good. Where can you look in the world and see that religion has been a force for positive good? Where can you look at humanity and say, "Humanity has been uplifted by a connection to a godly power"?

Meaning organized religion?

Corporations are religions. It depen is what you talk about with a religion.... Anything is a religion.

At one point, you took on Christianity in a very serious way, and then Judaism. Where are you now with all that?
Religion is something that is mostly outward appearance. Faith is a different thing. How many religions are there in the world? Quite a few, actually.

What is your faith these days?

Faith doesn't have a name. It doesn't have a category. It's oblique. So it's unspeakable. We degrade faith by talking about religion.

What do you take faith in?

Nature. Just elemental nature. I'm still tramping my way through the forest, really, on daily excursions. Nature doesn't change. And if there is any war going on on a big level today, it's against nature.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dy...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Dylan is a washed-up miserable old has-been. Saw him interviewed a few months back. Poster boy for clinical depression.
He's 71 years old. He doesn't look like he used to and he doesn't sound like he used to.

He may be dealing with an internal spiritual battle.

Who knows? Dylan is a deep thinker. He had an unusual and sometimes very rough life. And he's 71 years old.

Give him a break already.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

My advices to my fellow Republicans just get out of the Way for the next two years give Obama whatever!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's beginning to change for blacks. Many are taking a second look at the bill of goods they were sold by the democrat party. It's going to take strong black republican leaders speaking out to reach more of them.
We agree, more of a take charge of their own lives, and less of Jesse(jackass)Jackson and Jesse JR. saying, "We gonna give you". Of course that's 'Other People's Money' not their own...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••