Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#807031 Nov 17, 2012
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> fact is WRONG-NEY WAS DEFEATED AND THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.
Pray to Obama for a taxpayer-paid brain transplant.
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#807032 Nov 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
careful over there. death threats. no personal info.
I'll give you a death threat in a minute, only uncivil left wing idiots like you use these threats.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#807033 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...Obama shouldn't have pushed God down your throat when he said "God bless America" then.
Or ended the convention with a prayer.
Lol,, The contortions and twisting have resumed. I have no problem with it, apparently you do. Too bad you can't run the world the way you want it to be eh Carol? Do you even know what you're saying anymore? Anything to complain and whine,,anything. Drop the Fox News shitshow. You sound confused.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#807034 Nov 17, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>shall i post the pay structure again for the top executives of a dying company? 300% pay raises?
ok...no sarcasm here. just a real question. what company would go into business if they didn't make a profit? thats my question.

i dont think its right when mega corporations make extravagant amounts of money at the expense of their employees and to their buying public. i do think that this applies to the major majority of companies in America. i also STRONGLY agree that the unions have priced themselves out of jobs, especially the hiring of new employees. And then look! there goes another company, outsourcing to china or thailand or india.
dem

Chicago, IL

#807035 Nov 17, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
I'm really sick of the amount of kids on topix trying to impersonate adults, its a nuciance.
morning, ma'am.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dem

Chicago, IL

#807036 Nov 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
careful over there. death threats. no personal info.
sounds fun!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#807037 Nov 17, 2012
Jokes about rednecks irritates the Tea Party:
So here goes some of their most hated.
You might be a redneck if your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does.
You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back.
You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.
You think fast food is killing a deer at 65.
You let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#807038 Nov 17, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>boy oh boy, you tards jump on talking points like trained seals...no wonder republicans are in such lockstep on everything...
the evil leading the blind and stupid.
Lord Fetch the Liberals Best argument for Obama’s Presidency….He’s Black!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#807039 Nov 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The instinct to turn to Rubio primarily because of his ethnicity reeks of desperation, which is hardly appealing, and it announces to rank-and-file voters that party and movement leaders want to resume fruitless efforts to pander to groups that are supposedly “natural” Republicans. Because his foreign policy preferences represent some of the worst that the modern GOP has to offer, he would be hard-pressed to broaden the Republican coalition. As Michael said last night, Republicans need to become and be perceived as capable of governing well, and only then can its coalition grow. There are not many people looking for a new Joe Lieberman to lead them into Syria, or wherever the next conflict might happen to be, and there will be many conservatives who won’t want to support a protege of Jeb Bush. It’s not difficult to imagine how rallying behind Rubio could make things worse for the GOP among its reliable supporters and backfire among those outside the party that he is supposed to be able to attract.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Oh...so it's desperation when republicans choose someone of Hispanic American ethnicity to represent our party but not when democrats choose an African American?

Mark Rubio has been a rising star in the republican party for some time.

Rubio was elected at the age of 28 to the Florida House of Representatives. He won re-election to a second full term as well as a third and fourth full term.

Rubio championed a major overhaul of the Florida tax system. He served as Speaker of the Florida House. He became House Majority Leader in 2003.

Committee assignments
2000:
Community Colleges & Career Prep
Elder Affairs & Long-Term Care
Finance & Taxation
Joint Legislative Committee on Article V
Real Property & Probate

2001-2003:
Banking Claims
General Government Appropriations
Health Regulation
Procedural & Redistricting Council
Select Committee of the Whole
Select Committee on Security
Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations

2004:
Select Committee on Affordable Housing

2005-2009:
Select Committee to Protect Private Property Rights (Chair)
Fiscal Council
Rules & Calendar Council
Select Committee on Medicaid Reform
Spaceport & Technology Committee

In 2010, Marco Rubio won the Senate.

Assignments as United States Senator:

Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
Subcommittee on Science and Space
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Committee on Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps and Narcotics Affairs (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection
Select Committee on Intelligence
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship

So what makes Rubio any less qualified to become the president as Obama?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#807040 Nov 17, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
morning, ma'am.
Shut up little tyke, I'm a man anyway, you left wing idiots are stupid enough to think I'm not.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#807041 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did they have to vote to keep "God language" in their platform and to recognize Jeruselem as the capital of Israel?
That was pretty bizarre, you have to admit. Like other democrats.
Half the audience knew that the DNC was caving to FOX-fueled
GOP pressure. They didn't boo God. They booed adding it to the platform. God wasn't in question in religion, but in politics.
In this country we aren't a theocracy, no matter how much the Gop and Fox want to ram it down your throat. It's you Republican's who use God to garner votes no matter what Bill O tells you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#807042 Nov 17, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol,, The contortions and twisting have resumed. I have no problem with it, apparently you do. Too bad you can't run the world the way you want it to be eh Carol? Do you even know what you're saying anymore? Anything to complain and whine,,anything. Drop the Fox News shitshow. You sound confused.
I don't want to run the world any differently than any other hard-working, honest, honorable and God-fearing person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Los Angeles, CA

#807043 Nov 17, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
I'm really sick of the amount of kids on topix trying to impersonate adults, its a nuciance.
The Democrats are exactly like adolescents in an arrested developemntal state. Every single one I know is an immature slacker. Like in Jr. High, they are jealous and think with a teen brain. Absolutely no ability to reason as an adult.

Usually frustrated with their lot in life due to being lazy and bad choices they made in life. Poor souls who are angry and vile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
illinois

Chicago, IL

#807044 Nov 17, 2012
As I said many times before election day, Obama would be re-elected...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#807045 Nov 17, 2012
Baracka Claus is Coming to Town

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#807046 Nov 17, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Jokes about rednecks irritates the Tea Party:
So here goes some of their most hated.
You might be a redneck if your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does.
You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.
You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back.
You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.
You think fast food is killing a deer at 65.
You let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
... You voted for Romney because you just witnessed 4 years of incompetent Obama failure and didn't want it repeated again.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#807047 Nov 17, 2012
The two things Liberals/Democrats love to hate (God and Facts) there’s a common thread there!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#807048 Nov 17, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats are exactly like adolescents in an arrested developemntal state. Every single one I know is an immature slacker. Like in Jr. High, they are jealous and think with a teen brain. Absolutely no ability to reason as an adult.
Usually frustrated with their lot in life due to being lazy and bad choices they made in life. Poor souls who are angry and vile.
I've seen many left wing democrats before being accused of being kids on topx LMFAO!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#807049 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...so it's desperation when republicans choose someone of Hispanic American ethnicity to represent our party but not when democrats choose an African American?
Mark Rubio has been a rising star in the republican party for some time.
Rubio was elected at the age of 28 to the Florida House of Representatives. He won re-election to a second full term as well as a third and fourth full term.
Rubio championed a major overhaul of the Florida tax system. He served as Speaker of the Florida House. He became House Majority Leader in 2003.
Committee assignments
2000:
Community Colleges & Career Prep
Elder Affairs & Long-Term Care
Finance & Taxation
Joint Legislative Committee on Article V
Real Property & Probate
2001-2003:
Banking Claims
General Government Appropriations
Health Regulation
Procedural & Redistricting Council
Select Committee on Security
Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations
2004:
Select Committee on Affordable Housing
2005-2009:
Select Committee to Protect Private Property Rights (Chair)
Fiscal Council
Rules & Calendar Council
Select Committee on Medicaid Reform
Spaceport & Technology Committee
In 2010, Marco Rubio won the Senate.
Assignments as United States Senator:
Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
Subcommittee on Science and Space
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Committee on Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps and Narcotics Affairs (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection
Select Committee on Intelligence
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
So what makes Rubio any less qualified to become the president as Obama?
Coulter: Picking Rubio As VP Would Be "Pandering" To Hispanics

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/0...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
illinois

Chicago, IL

#807050 Nov 17, 2012
I don't know who, rep or dem, is better but I know one thing no one would see that some day Afganistan soldier would turn back their guns and kill our soldiers -- Leaving Irag and Afga is right thing to do. Never put our soldiers in third world country again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min HughBe 70,143
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Duke Snider 50,753
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Mister Tonka 98,539
Abby 10-30 17 min edogxxx 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,650
Amy 10-30 39 min edogxxx 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,814
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]