Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
746,181 - 746,200 of 1,079,776 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

At the moment, there’s little indication that Republicans — especially the ones criticizing Romney — have rethought their commitment to the policies offered in this election, few of which speak to the actual concerns of ordinary Americans.

One last thing: Ignoring, for now, the fact that the Affordable Care Act provides benefits for all Americans — and not just African Americans and Latinos — there’s something odd about this line of criticism. Voters elect and support politicians to do things for them. There’s nothing illegitimate about the fact that Obama won by providing tangible benefits to people who needed them. And in fact, if elected president, this was Romney’s plan as well — large tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, who don’t need them but would like them all the same. That Romney doesn’t see those measures as “gifts” is a sign of how blinded he is by his class.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I decided to leave my purse right where it is and hang around for the big show.
Reinstating Jerusalem, "God" language met with boos at DNC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Associated Press put it this way: Democrats have changed their convention platform to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
They weren't booing God, they were booing making it part of the platform. As in thinking people should make their own decisions about religion. You, The Religious Right and Fox News, on the other hand think you have the whole thing cornered and have the right to shove it down people's throats. More fraudulence and theatrics from the Teavangelicals. How did that work out for ya? As it appears you enjoy Dylan's lyrics, contemplate these.......

"With God On Our Side"

Oh my name it is nothin'
My age it means less
The country I come from
Is called the Midwest
I's taught and brought up there
The laws to abide
And the land that I live in
Has God on its side.

Oh the history books tell it
They tell it so well
The cavalries charged
The Indians fell
The cavalries charged
The Indians died
Oh the country was young
With God on its side.

The Spanish-American
War had its day
And the Civil War too
Was soon laid away
And the names of the heroes
I's made to memorize
With guns on their hands
And God on their side.

The First World War, boys
It came and it went
The reason for fighting
I never did get
But I learned to accept it
Accept it with pride
For you don't count the dead
When God's on your side.

When the Second World War
Came to an end
We forgave the Germans
And then we were friends
Though they murdered six million
In the ovens they fried
The Germans now too
Have God on their side.

I've learned to hate Russians
All through my whole life
If another war comes
It's them we must fight
To hate them and fear them
To run and to hide
And accept it all bravely
With God on my side.

But now we got weapons
Of the chemical dust
If fire them we're forced to
Then fire them we must
One push of the button
And a shot the world wide
And you never ask questions
When God's on your side.

In a many dark hour
I've been thinkin' about this
That Jesus Christ
Was betrayed by a kiss
But I can't think for you
You'll have to decide
Whether Judas Iscariot
Had God on his side.

So now as I'm leavin'
I'm weary as Hell
The confusion I'm feelin'
Ain't no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
If God's on our side
He'll stop the next war.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An overwhelming number of the population earning less than $30,000 voted for Obama and more of the same.
Single women overwhelming voted for Obama and more of the same, mainly when it comes to abortion and free birth control.
An overwhelming number of Hispanics and Latinos voted for Obama because of the Dream Act - and more of the same. We failed to get the right message to this group of Americans who statistically share more conserative values than liberal.
We can reach women and Hispanics/Latinos with the right messenger and the right message the next time around.
Unfortunately, that didn' happen this time. Admittedly, Romney inadvertently sent the wrong message more than once. His Mormonism also hurt his getting more votes.
Sadly, we had the wrong messenger in the last two elections. That will change in 2016. Once Obama's tax hikes and Obamcare starts hitting people where it hurts the most, it could change by 2014.
No, I don't think it's a matter of "getting a message" out. I think we've passed the tipping point-- more people are riding in the wagon (liberals ) than are pulling it (conservatives).

And parasites have as much voting power as a producer. So it makes sense: women will vote for somebody that promises to save them $9/month in birth control. Minorities will vote for somebody that promises them more EBT, Welfare, Section 8, etc. etc. etc.

Neither seem to have the ability to think long term. When everybody is sitting on their butts waiting for the gubbermint to tell them what to do, give them their allowance, feed them, who pays for it?

And most alarming about it is how liberals DON'T MIND being parasites. People used to be ashamed to accept charity. Liberals pride themselves in being pathetic. Needy. Entitled.

I've hidden my assets for the next four years. Lord Obama and the parasites are going to have a rough time finding them. I will enjoy a good show.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
That is propaganda, with a better economy we will be able to handle and produce more resources. Limeys are better than the blindly patriotic yankees.
You think we're blindly patriotic?!? You people worship your Queen and Kate Middleton and the rest of those useless royal assholes. Only ones worth a sh't are princes Harry and William. At least they're serving their country. You guys should revolt and hang the rest of them. Their extravagant taxpayer-funded lifestyle is sucking you guys dry.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

"During an impromptu press conference outside the destroyed Hamas headquarters in Gaza, the militant group's spokesman condemned the Israeli air strikes...."

Al Jazeera
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Because mocking Dick Morris never gets old ...

Dick Morris is pretending to know shit again.

"As the popular vote counts emerge and we move out from under the shadow of the media spin, we are learning the real reason Romney lost."

Apparently this column supersedes his previous column on why Romney lost. Is it because no one bought that load of bull? Nope, it's because of the media spin! Which he's happy to counter. Just like he countered public polling by claiming he had THE ONE TRUE poll.

He's so credible!

"The mainstream media is pushing the story that a massive turnout among minorities and the young drowned the white male vote as America changes its demography."

Brown people "drowned" white people? He sure knows his audience.

"But the real reason is that the whites who supported Romney didn’t turn out to vote."

Brilliant call, Sherlock. White people supported Romney but they didn't support Romney. Where do I send you a check for more of that?

"Just look at the fact, brought to my attention by National Review and Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, that Obama carried Ohio by 107,000 votes (some are still being counted) and that Romney got about 100,000 fewer votes than McCain!"

I know math is hard, but 107,000 is still a bigger number than 100,000.

"Why was the white vote so low? Why did so many anti-Obama voters stay home? The immediate cause was the total failure of the ORCA system for getting out the vote. This new hi tech gadgetry had never been beta tested and crashed repeatedly on Election Day."

That's what happens when Republicans run shit. It crashes.

"But the failure of the white vote to turn out was also because neither the Romney campaign nor any of the super PACs rebutted Obama’s attacks on the Republican candidate. Unanswered, the attacks transformed Romney’s Bain Capital experience into a nightmare of outsourcing and callous layoffs."

It's impossible to rebut what is true.

"Finally, the storm Sandy had a great deal to do with Obama’s re-election. His presidency may be its most lasting damage to our nation and its inhabitants. One voter in six cited the storm as the key factor in their decision to back Obama according to exit polls, a last minute bump for the president that was not reflected in the polls. Why not? Because there were no polls. The polling firms could not reach the affected areas during the storm. We were all flying blind when Obama and Governor Chris Christie’s display of bi-partisanship garnered votes of the Democratic ticket."

I've rebutted the Sandy thing before, but take a real close look at Dick's argument again—

Obama got a bump that helped him win the election in Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Nevada and Wisconsin—but it didn't show up in the polling because pollsters couldn't call Connecticut, New Jersey or New York. He's so smart!

Now yes, Dick Morris is stupid, he's always been stupid, and he'll always be stupid. So why keep mocking him? Well, because it's fun, and because he remains a regular "analyst" on Fox News. And nothing illustrates the vapid uselessness of Fox News as an effective analytical outlet than the fact that they depend on this guy to inform their viewers.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/15/1162...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UH-HUH. UM.. YUP. SAY.. UM.. YOU GOT A VAGINA, RIGHT? ONE GETS WHAT ONE DESERVES. KISS IT... G'HEAD...
I deserve MUCH better than you.

Which is why I
HAVE
much better than you.

Next...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

The Dubya List

Dick Morris believed it was his “duty” to go on TV and say that Romney was going to win this thing, because everybody on Team Romney at the time was depressed. It’s hard to know whether Morris really believed what he was saying, as he claims to, but there can be no doubt that he saw his role as cheerleading for the Republican candidate, not offering straightforward analysis.

Dick Morris is a conservative figure who really ought to never be heard from again. He’s a hack. I say give him a Dubya Award for Meritorious Service To The Conservative Movement, and push him off the stage.(“Meritorious” in the sense that, say, a boss who is firing an employee for screwing up makes an insincere but face-saving statement about how much the company has benefited from the employee’s service, and wishes him the best of luck in his future endeavors).

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

"I would include the completely fictional character that the GOP leadership invented to run against in the last Presidential election."

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH... RUN YOU HAND OVER THIS! YOU MANAGE TO RAISE SUMTHIN' ANYWAY.
Pardon me while I chuckle. Where did you find that thing, Goodwill?

Really, if you think that's going to pleasure anyone but you, you're delusional.

Next...
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think it's a matter of "getting a message" out. I think we've passed the tipping point-- more people are riding in the wagon (liberals ) than are pulling it (conservatives).
And parasites have as much voting power as a producer. So it makes sense: women will vote for somebody that promises to save them $9/month in birth control. Minorities will vote for somebody that promises them more EBT, Welfare, Section 8, etc. etc. etc.
Neither seem to have the ability to think long term. When everybody is sitting on their butts waiting for the gubbermint to tell them what to do, give them their allowance, feed them, who pays for it?
And most alarming about it is how liberals DON'T MIND being parasites. People used to be ashamed to accept charity. Liberals pride themselves in being pathetic. Needy. Entitled.
I've hidden my assets for the next four years. Lord Obama and the parasites are going to have a rough time finding them. I will enjoy a good show.
You ran a man that hide money in the Cayman Islands to avoid taxes. A man that hasn't worked since 1999 but makes $57,000.00 per day. A man that makes millions per year and pays less taxes than a person would making $57,000.00 per year instead of per day. We Democrats look at all that as being a parasite.
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

The Repub leaders in Washington are NOT afraid raising taxes on the rich will cause job lost. They are afraid raising taxes will NOT cause job loses and their talking point once again will be proven wrong.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Like death, taxes, and the sun rising in the east, there is nothing more certain after a presidential election than a swift and usually overwrought round of analysis and advice for the losers. So it is this year for Republicans. If you Google “Republicans Whigs,” and confine your search to the past week, you will find multiple pages dedicated to the proposition that demographic trends are waiting to overwhelm the Republican Party, which is now a regional rump party awaiting extinction.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't booing God, they were booing making it part of the platform. As in thinking people should make their own decisions about religion. You, The Religious Right and Fox News, on the other hand think you have the whole thing cornered and have the right to shove it down people's throats. More fraudulence and theatrics from the Teavangelicals. How did that work out for ya? As it appears you enjoy Dylan's lyrics, contemplate these.......
"With God On Our Side"
Oh my name it is nothin'
My age it means less
The country I come from
Is called the Midwest
I's taught and brought up there
The laws to abide
And the land that I live in
Has God on its side.
Oh the history books tell it
They tell it so well
The cavalries charged
The Indians fell
The cavalries charged
The Indians died
Oh the country was young
With God on its side.
The Spanish-American
War had its day
And the Civil War too
Was soon laid away
And the names of the heroes
I's made to memorize
With guns on their hands
And God on their side.
The First World War, boys
It came and it went
The reason for fighting
I never did get
But I learned to accept it
Accept it with pride
For you don't count the dead
When God's on your side.
Dylan became a Christian having been born a Jew.

He also wrote the song "You're Gonna Have to Serve Somebody":

It might be the devil
Or it might be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Is it true Mitch McConnell has stated that his number one priority is to make Obama a two-term President?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Dubya List
Dick Morris believed it was his “duty” to go on TV and say that Romney was going to win this thing, because everybody on Team Romney at the time was depressed. It’s hard to know whether Morris really believed what he was saying, as he claims to, but there can be no doubt that he saw his role as cheerleading for the Republican candidate, not offering straightforward analysis.
Dick Morris is a conservative figure who really ought to never be heard from again. He’s a hack. I say give him a Dubya Award for Meritorious Service To The Conservative Movement, and push him off the stage.(“Meritorious” in the sense that, say, a boss who is firing an employee for screwing up makes an insincere but face-saving statement about how much the company has benefited from the employee’s service, and wishes him the best of luck in his future endeavors).
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
"I would include the completely fictional character that the GOP leadership invented to run against in the last Presidential election."
Did you read the comments to the article? I was pleasantly surprised at how many people suggested Krauthammer be Dubya'd.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
The warrior never tires of the battle.
Off to Gaza with you then--there's plenty of extremist, jihadist, greedy anarchist, dark age nutcases over there to war with.

Just don't mess with Israel!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Because mocking Dick Morris never gets old ...
Dick Morris is pretending to know shit again.
"As the popular vote counts emerge and we move out from under the shadow of the media spin, we are learning the real reason Romney lost."
Apparently this column supersedes his previous column on why Romney lost. Is it because no one bought that load of bull? Nope, it's because of the media spin! Which he's happy to counter. Just like he countered public polling by claiming he had THE ONE TRUE poll.
He's so credible!
"The mainstream media is pushing the story that a massive turnout among minorities and the young drowned the white male vote as America changes its demography."
Brown people "drowned" white people? He sure knows his audience.
"But the real reason is that the whites who supported Romney didn’t turn out to vote."
Brilliant call, Sherlock. White people supported Romney but they didn't support Romney. Where do I send you a check for more of that?
"Just look at the fact, brought to my attention by National Review and Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, that Obama carried Ohio by 107,000 votes (some are still being counted) and that Romney got about 100,000 fewer votes than McCain!"
I know math is hard, but 107,000 is still a bigger number than 100,000.
"Why was the white vote so low? Why did so many anti-Obama voters stay home? The immediate cause was the total failure of the ORCA system for getting out the vote. This new hi tech gadgetry had never been beta tested and crashed repeatedly on Election Day."
That's what happens when Republicans run shit. It crashes.
"But the failure of the white vote to turn out was also because neither the Romney campaign nor any of the super PACs rebutted Obama’s attacks on the Republican candidate. Unanswered, the attacks transformed Romney’s Bain Capital experience into a nightmare of outsourcing and callous layoffs."
It's impossible to rebut what is true.
"Finally, the storm Sandy had a great deal to do with Obama’s re-election. His presidency may be its most lasting damage to our nation and its inhabitants. One voter in six cited the storm as the key factor in their decision to back Obama according to exit polls, a last minute bump for the president that was not reflected in the polls. Why not? Because there were no polls. The polling firms could not reach the affected areas during the storm. We were all flying blind when Obama and Governor Chris Christie’s display of bi-partisanship garnered votes of the Democratic ticket."
I've rebutted the Sandy thing before, but take a real close look at Dick's argument again—
Obama got a bump that helped him win the election in Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Nevada and Wisconsin—but it didn't show up in the polling because pollsters couldn't call Connecticut, New Jersey or New York. He's so smart!
Now yes, Dick Morris is stupid, he's always been stupid, and he'll always be stupid. So why keep mocking him? Well, because it's fun, and because he remains a regular "analyst" on Fox News. And nothing illustrates the vapid uselessness of Fox News as an effective analytical outlet than the fact that they depend on this guy to inform their viewers.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/15/1162...
==========
To sum it up, if they keep denying why they lost and keep refusing to see the truth of why they got their butts kicked, it is going to happen to them again in 2014 and 2016. That is a good thing.

I like Dick Morris and the rest of the right-wing pundits. Democrats could not win without them.

What's dangerous are folks like Jindal, Rubio, and Ayotte, who see exactly where their Republican comrades are deficient.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as the Zionists leave the land they stole from the natives, who we call Palestinians, there will be peace.
The Jews came from Europe, let them go back to Poland, Russia, wherever. Jews largely abandoned the Middle East centuries ago, and muslims took over. Including Jerusalem.
Stealing land is not forgotten. The Jews are badly outnumbered, and America grows weaker..........
Their future is dismal. As is yours.
Hey Stupid-

You lose.

Israel already gave over Gaza. Not enough for 'em? Too bad. Prepare to die and meet the maker-dark age, radical, greedy anarchists.

But do try and get a clue before hand....read some REAL history so you can see how WRONG you are.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't booing God, they were booing making it part of the platform. As in thinking people should make their own decisions about religion. You, The Religious Right and Fox News, on the other hand think you have the whole thing cornered and have the right to shove it down people's throats.
It's the American Spirit that progressives want to squelch. If it were up to them, this verse in My Country Tis of Thee would be banned:

Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God our King.

Lucky for them, the majority of Americans have forgotten how to be inspired by these words. Complacency and relying on big government has replaced a belief and relying on something greater than ourselves to guide this nation and our individual conscience.

Our leaders may have betrayed the American Spirit and committed astrocities, but the American people representing the heart of America cannot be blamed.

The problem with America is really a heart condition. Progressivism is the plaque.

Conservatives simply strive to preserve virtues and traditional values. Neither are we perfect.

However, manipulation isn't a virtue. That's where democrats can't seem to draw the line.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
Is it true Mitch McConnell has stated that his number one priority is to make Obama a two-term President?
I've heard rumors of three terms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min wojar 174,604
Amy 7-24 11 min Pippa 22
UNIBEN PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SE... 11 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min Religionthebiglie 48,900
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Mister Tonka 97,526
DELSU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SES... 17 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
AAU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESSI... 21 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Abby 7-24 11 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••