Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#806948 Nov 17, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Iíve never said Iím born again. Thatís just a media term".
B. Dylan
Does it really matter that he professed to be a Christian in his own way?

One of Dylan's "sermons", Bob Dylan style.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#806949 Nov 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightly or wrongly, Christie has little future in the Republican Party unless he can find a way to redeem himself. Begging for taxpayer money from Obama won't get the job done.
Maybe not your Republican Party but your Republican Party is dead in national level politics. You won't have any choice, who did you vote for this year? Romney really your first choice?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#806950 Nov 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I just cannot help but feel for the innocent and rational people of modern day 21st century Israel...always being attacked by deranged, demented, sociopathic anarchists, still living under 17th and 18th century rocks of ignorance.
GO Israel!
Most libs consider Israel to be the aggressors. They consider the Palestinian terrorists to be "freedom fighters".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#806951 Nov 17, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Iíve never said Iím born again. Thatís just a media term".
B. Dylan
Does it matter if he professed to be a Christian his own way?

One of Dylan's "sermons", Bob Dylan style.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#806952 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Krauthammer is completely wrong in his recommendation for what the GOP should do next:

Imagine Marco Rubio advancing such a policy [of amnesty] on the road to 2016. It would transform the landscape. Heíd win the Hispanic vote. Yes, win it. A problem fixable with a single policy initiative is not structural. It is solvable.

This is not what would happen. Krauthammer misunderstands the nature of the Republicansí problem in winning Hispanic voters, which goes well beyond any one policy. If it is a solvable problem, it isnít going to be solved by pursuing a failed theory of appealing to Hispanic voters primarily in terms of changing immigration policy. George W. Bush went out of his way to identify himself with a liberalized immigration policy, and even he couldnít win the Hispanic vote. McCainís result was even worse than Bushís 40%. To some extent, the GOP already tested Krauthammerís proposal and gained nothing for its effort.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Itís fantasy to suppose that any Republican nominee can double the amount of support Romney just received four years from now. The landscape would not be transformed, and a Republican candidate running on a me-too immigration platform would probably see turnout from his core constituencies decline yet again. Whatever amnesty proposal a Republican candidate embraces, it will be perceived at best as too little, too late by those it is supposed to win over, and it will confirm that the party leadership is oblivious if not openly hostile to what its constituents prefer. Itís a political disaster waiting to happen, and quite a few Republican pundits seem only too eager to rush towards it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#806953 Nov 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when the "libertarian" goobs use words like "deserve" when talking about taxpayer's footing a bill. We can smell your nanny-state affection a mile away.
Feminists want birth control because they are the ones who are really treating men like sex objects, and don't want children and are scared of being responsible, same with abortion, except whats worse is that its murder. And muslim immigrants don't bother to actually learn the english language but expect Obama to support them while they dump their trash everywhere, and homosexuals, they are just sexual deviants relying on young people to turn them into gay converts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#806955 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hope he wouldn't abandoned his Jewish roots as a Christian.
Jesus did the same thing.
You're blowing hot air again.....

Do you find yourself being a more religious person these days?

A religious person? Religion is supposedly a force for positive good. Where can you look in the world and see that religion has been a force for positive good? Where can you look at humanity and say, "Humanity has been uplifted by a connection to a godly power"?

Meaning organized religion?

Corporations are religions. It depen is what you talk about with a religion.... Anything is a religion.

At one point, you took on Christianity in a very serious way, and then Judaism. Where are you now with all that?
Religion is something that is mostly outward appearance. Faith is a different thing. How many religions are there in the world? Quite a few, actually.

What is your faith these days?

Faith doesn't have a name. It doesn't have a category. It's oblique. So it's unspeakable. We degrade faith by talking about religion.

What do you take faith in?

Nature. Just elemental nature. I'm still tramping my way through the forest, really, on daily excursions. Nature doesn't change. And if there is any war going on on a big level today, it's against nature.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dy...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#806956 Nov 17, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Dylan is a washed-up miserable old has-been. Saw him interviewed a few months back. Poster boy for clinical depression.
He's 71 years old. He doesn't look like he used to and he doesn't sound like he used to.

He may be dealing with an internal spiritual battle.

Who knows? Dylan is a deep thinker. He had an unusual and sometimes very rough life. And he's 71 years old.

Give him a break already.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#806957 Nov 17, 2012
My advices to my fellow Republicans just get out of the Way for the next two years give Obama whatever!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#806958 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's beginning to change for blacks. Many are taking a second look at the bill of goods they were sold by the democrat party. It's going to take strong black republican leaders speaking out to reach more of them.
We agree, more of a take charge of their own lives, and less of Jesse(jackass)Jackson and Jesse JR. saying, "We gonna give you". Of course that's 'Other People's Money' not their own...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#806959 Nov 17, 2012
The rightís new line: Obama has no mandate

The president won by wider margins than Bush in '04, but that hasn't stopped the right from dismissing his victory

.....So what would a real mandate look like? Krauthammer helpfully explained on Fox News Sunday the weekend after President Bush was reelected in 2004:

I think it was a huge issue that the president was weak in his first term. He had less of the power and strength and capital, as he speaks of, than he does today. And now that heís been elected with a large majority, or a significant majority, and with a mandate, I think part of that mandate is to get the right judges, by his likes.

Bush won with 286 electoral votes to John Kerryís 252, and with a 2.4 percent margin in the popular vote. Obama currently has 303 electoral votes to Romneyís 206, and heís likely to add to that the 29 votes from Florida, which hasnít been called yet, for a grand total of 332. Itís to early to tell on the popular vote, but it will be between 2 and 3 percent.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/the_rights_ne...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#806960 Nov 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent article, Carol should read it.
Only if you read an article by the Daily Caller or The Hill.

The Daily Beast isn't exactly nonbiased. But you, like most liberals, will choose to believe them over all other sources at all costs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#806961 Nov 17, 2012
As usual, CNN is showing the carnage of the "poor innocent" Palestinians the hands of the "evil" Israelis. Haven't seen sh't about the carnage in Israel or the over 700 "fire and pray" rockets the terrorist ghetto-rats have fired at Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Haifa.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#806962 Nov 17, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Damn right, and she better know how to clean fish and gut a deer too.
You're losing all credibility.
Just saying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#806963 Nov 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He's 71 years old. He doesn't look like he used to and he doesn't sound like he used to.
He may be dealing with an internal spiritual battle.
Who knows? Dylan is a deep thinker. He had an unusual and sometimes very rough life. And he's 71 years old.
Give him a break already.
&#9834;&#9834;"he 's an old hippie and he don't know what to do"&#9834;&#9834;

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#806964 Nov 17, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Feminists want birth control because they are the ones who are really treating men like sex objects, and don't want children and are scared of being responsible, same with abortion, except whats worse is that its murder. And muslim immigrants don't bother to actually learn the english language but expect Obama to support them while they dump their trash everywhere, and homosexuals, they are just sexual deviants relying on young people to turn them into gay converts.
Wow. Well said. Sorry about my previous comments to you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Saluda, VA

#806965 Nov 17, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces.
These brave Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas boys will be dropped off into Afghanistan and have given only the following facts about terrorists.
1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They don't like beer, pickups, country music, or Jesus.
4. They are directly responsible for Dale Earnhardt's death.
The Pentagon expects the problems in Afghanistan to be over within a week.
Hey dumb ass STFU or I will send a truck load of rednecks from Elliston another from Radford , Shawsville , Catawba , Hollins , Christiansburg ,Salem , Floyd , poor mountain ,Ironto , to scour all of Va.Tech and Blacksburg looking for your worthless ass and it will take a hundred years of searching Dixie caverns to find your carcus , oh I have a lot of redneck family all over Peppers Ferry Rd. don't let the sun set on your worthless ass there , you are surrounded by rednecks , and thats a fact!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#806966 Nov 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
RICE:... It obviously didn't prove sufficient to the &#8213; the nature of the attack and sufficient in that &#8213; in that moment. And that's why, obviously, we have reinforced our remaining presence in Tripoli and why the president has very &#8213; been very clear that in Libya and throughout the region we are going to call on the governments, first of all, to assume their responsibilities to protect our facilities and our personnel, and we're reinforcing our facilities and our &#8213; our embassies where possible...
RICE:... Why would we not have Marines at the embassy in Tripoli to begin with? It would seem like this &#8213; this is obviously an unstable country. This is a region where U.S. interests have been attacked in previous months.
WTH happened in Libya, while aiding and abetting failing statehood?
Foreign Policy FAILURE.
I see you tried to "copy and paste" symbols. I tried it too. Got a bunch of crazy numbers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Orangelion

Flint, UK

#806967 Nov 17, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Well said. Sorry about my previous comments to you.
Alright, thank you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
a grown up

Winter Park, FL

#806969 Nov 17, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Edmond Pulpo 181,698
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986
Deat Abby 12-16 49 min Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 2 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 3 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr kal 49,174
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance