Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
745,981 - 746,000 of 1,096,090 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an EBT card or a so called "Obamaphone". What I do have though, is Social Security and in another year, Medicare. 2 things that Romney wasn't going to guarantee if he had it his way. Of course, in this day and age, perhaps nothing is a 100% guarantee on anything, but I feel I picked the lesser of 2 evils. All of the ultra rich Republicans are going bonkers about having to pay a little more, yet they never gave a hoot about the middle class or poor, and that will never change. Poor losers they are.
No, all the ultra rich republicans weren't going bonkers, there's not enough of them to matter. I'm in a similar condition as you but I realize both programs are going broke soon, something must be done. Obama and the dems have shown their plan is to do nothing and let them run out of money. I also am intelligent enough to know we've seen this play before, at present in places like Greece, Spain and Portugal. You cannot have close to 50% of the population contributing nothing, it is just not sustainable. You also cannot have millions of uneducated mexicans clogging up the system and receiving funds illegally. Apparently it will take a complete failure of our economic system to get it thru the thick heads of the receivers.

Then they'll blame it on the republicans, likely Bush.

If liberals are so compassionate, I suggest they dig deep into their own pocketbooks.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> so where is your brain now carol Now that is over for 4 more years for your party?
Well, there's actually another election in two more years. It would be great if conservatives could take back Congress first. But what happens between now and then will determine that.

In the meantime, remaining the loyal opposition will have to do for now.

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

This system is not sustainable, if you don't see it, you're an ignoramus, a democrat, or both. Sorry, it's true.

WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...

allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:

The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.

Collected taxes :$794 billion

The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I must admit, I sort of pegged you wrong too. You are tough.
But I already knew that, didn't I...?
:)
Well, gee...thanks.

That wasn't a trick question was it?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there's actually another election in two more years. It would be great if conservatives could take back Congress first. But what happens between now and then will determine that.

In the meantime, remaining the loyal opposition will have to do for now.
If only kkkowards like your former peers had your fortitude.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, but bush did not push job killing obamacare, his CIA info was incorrect. Housing market helped put us here and guess who was in charge of congress when that happened?
Gee, wouldn't that be We the People? I mean, we elected these clowns, right?

Bush, Clinton, Roosevelt, freaking Lincoln....the whole show has been just that.

Nobody bought a house they couldn't afford because the government, or Wall Street, or Chase Manhattan put a gun to their head.

WE did this, and WE need to change our ways.

Shit, are we Americans or WHAT?

Sour grapes make crap wine.

Audit the Fed.
Overturn the Patriot Act, the Citizens United Decision, and all accompanying legislation.
Legalize industrial Hemp.
Abolish the Electoral College.
And, by all means, let Texas secede. At the very least they can serve as a bad example, and at best their electoral votes will stop dictating southern politics.

:P

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

archie bunker wrote:
<quoted text>You just got it in the azz again.
Cause for celebration in the Felcher household..

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean believing honor, truth and honesty are "old beliefs" - yep, you pegged me correctly.
No, I mean your lying, fabricating shit, and dishonesty. Those aren't "old beliefs", they're signs of a woman deeply in denial.

I see where Billy O hasn't quit clinging to Rmoney's leg. He agreed with the 'gifts' stupidity, just as Chris Christie was calling it a stupid comment.

My money's on Christie.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all the ultra rich republicans weren't going bonkers, there's not enough of them to matter. I'm in a similar condition as you but I realize both programs are going broke soon, something must be done. Obama and the dems have shown their plan is to do nothing and let them run out of money. I also am intelligent enough to know we've seen this play before, at present in places like Greece, Spain and Portugal. You cannot have close to 50% of the population contributing nothing, it is just not sustainable. You also cannot have millions of uneducated mexicans clogging up the system and receiving funds illegally. Apparently it will take a complete failure of our economic system to get it thru the thick heads of the receivers.
Then they'll blame it on the republicans, likely Bush.
If liberals are so compassionate, I suggest they dig deep into their own pocketbooks.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Looks like there's a do-able plan on the table to put the brakes on this train before it goes over the cliff.

The Republicans have suggested to cap income tax deductables. Right now, the figure is at $50,000 but it could go lower. It appeals to Democrats and would bring in quite a bit of revenue mainly from the wealthy. The lower the cap, the more revenue.

Of course, budget cuts will have to be made as well eventually.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
If only kkkowards like your former peers had your fortitude.
I don't belong to the old south democrat party. Neither do they.

“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Evidently you didn't know what you were talking about in this post and you still don't.
headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Rumors of Wars, ISRAEL & ANTICHRIST (*News)

Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
This system is not sustainable, if you don't see it, you're an ignoramus, a democrat, or both. Sorry, it's true.
WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...
allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:
The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.
Collected taxes :$794 billion
The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
the top 1% owns 35% of the wealth in the country...boo hoo

from 1989 to 2010, the worth of the 1...that's 1% went up 4.4% while the bottom 50% dropped 2%

the rich get richer by stealing money from the rest...plain and simple and you are just one of their toadies

have a banana
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings.
http://youtu.be/gglxehpl28Q
A doctor whose dictation I transcribe says "Greetings" before every dictation and then says "De-Greetings" at the end.

Just sounds a little odd to me.

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have voted for Romney. Imo, he would have been worse for average Americans. As for Barack, we shall see. Companies are hiring again and unemployment has gone down some. I hope Republicans will work with the president in resolving this countries issues and fiscal matters. I just saw earlier that the talks were constructive and positive. I hope so.:)
"as for barack we shall see", did you sleep thru the last 4 years? Are you rip van winkle?

BO's idea of a business is someone at the top working their ass off for nothing and giving their employees and the treasury all the profit.

Well, it doesn't work that way and it damn sure doesn't in the companies ran by his rich and ultra rich supporters.

here's one who is a billionaire, courtesy of selling over priced, badly needed prosthetic's to the unfortunate.

Pat Stryker - Forbes
www.forbes.com/profile/pat-stryker/
Pat Stryker on Forbes -#328 Forbes 400,#854 Billionaires.... Pat Stryker. Net Worth:$1.4 B As of September 2012. Follow Following Unfollow .

You tell me, how did she get so rich?
Independent

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that these f*cktards are still aping romney's "free stuff" line of bullshit suggests to me that it's gonna be more than just 4 years...
fun to watch them play with word toys though...keeps their tiny lil minds engaged in their twilight days...hours...
Where's fred?
Remeber lord stench, the dems own this...lol.

“life under BO”

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Looks like there's a do-able plan on the table to put the brakes on this train before it goes over the cliff.
The Republicans have suggested to cap income tax deductables. Right now, the figure is at $50,000 but it could go lower. It appeals to Democrats and would bring in quite a bit of revenue mainly from the wealthy. The lower the cap, the more revenue.
Of course, budget cuts will have to be made as well eventually.
Houston, we [republicans] have a problem, if you register i'll tell you about it.
Forreal

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

<quoted text>Gee, wouldn't that be We the People? I mean, we elected these clowns, right?
Bush, Clinton, Roosevelt, freaking Lincoln....the whole show has been just that.
Nobody bought a house they couldn't afford because the government, or Wall Street, or Chase Manhattan put a gun to their head.
WE did this, and WE need to change our ways.
Shit, are we Americans or WHAT?
Sour grapes make crap wine.
Audit the Fed.
Overturn the Patriot Act, the Citizens United Decision, and all accompanying legislation.
Legalize industrial Hemp.
Abolish the Electoral College.
And, by all means, let Texas secede. At the very least they can serve as a bad example, and at best their electoral votes will stop dictating southern politics.
:P
Americans or political party's? When you have one party wanting to innovate and another party wanting to take, well then hence lies your answer.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I must admit, I sort of pegged you wrong too. You are tough.
But I already knew that, didn't I...?
:)
Yer not fooling anyone.

Yer a newly created sockppuppet for Independent Majority.

Your sucking up to Carol proves it.

Lust indeed!! You've been lusting for Carol for a year!!

Busted again, ye of many faces.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean your lying, fabricating shit, and dishonesty. Those aren't "old beliefs", they're signs of a woman deeply in denial.
I see where Billy O hasn't quit clinging to Rmoney's leg. He agreed with the 'gifts' stupidity, just as Chris Christie was calling it a stupid comment.
My money's on Christie.
Well, again, the numbers in the exit polls representing the people who overwhelmingly voted for Obama say Romney was actually right.

But he's allowed to vent a little, isn't he?

The Republicans know they have to reach out and get the right message out to those people too - with rhetoric that's toned down a bit and in a way that's more inclusive.

It's like Rubio said, you can't talk about the right message to Hispanics if they think you're going to deport grandma.

Oddly enough, hasn't Obama done a fair bit of deporting himself?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 min Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 29 min andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 45 min andet1987 557
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min Ace 49,265
Abby 8-15 1 hr Kuuipo 19
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Hoodies Skittles ... 24
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Toj 97,823

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••