Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Truth

Alice, TX

#806594 Nov 16, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
I had more faith in the intelligence of the American public than I should have. I figured that there was absolutely no way the majority of the voters would ignore the fact that Lord Obama is second only to Jimmy Carter in his handling of the economy. The numbers don't lie-- look at the unemployment rate, the debt, on and on and on.
I thought the majority wouldn't ignore his embarassing behavior with foreign affairs, standing up the Israeli prime minister, the Benghazi debacle.
I thought people would look at his infatuation with movie stars, rap singers, etc. partying at the White House, Moochelle flying 60 of her closest friends on our dime to Spain for a week of frolick in the sand and be a bit annoyed.
But I was wrong. The majority, like you, are in it for the free stuff. Women were convinced to vote for him so they could get free (paid for by an Evil Rich Guy) birth control pills and save $9/month. Families everywhere were bought with free (paid for by an Evil Rich Guy) school breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Let the party continue.
It's really rather pathetic. What will it take to persuade you parasites that WORKING IS GOOD. I guess when the last Evil Rich Guy is tapped out, the well runs dry, and the Free Stuff isn't available, you'll burn tires in the street and whine like they do in Greece, Spain and elsewhere.
Whatever happens, you own it. In four more years the unemployment rate is still around 10% and the debt is in the tens of trillions, YOU VOTED FOR IT.
Congratulations.
All you who voted for obama, you own it, when shit starts to really hit the fan, obamacare and it's inclusion of existing conditions such as, idiocy will not be covered, because their might not be any money left or people might find a way to pass legislation to rid of this costly, job killing venture. Rmember dems, you all own this, better pray it works out, or you might not be in charge after 2014 for a very long time. YOU ALL OWN THIS!
dem

Chicago, IL

#806595 Nov 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>All you who voted for obama, you own it, when shit starts to really hit the fan, obamacare and it's inclusion of existing conditions such as, idiocy will not be covered, because their might not be any money left or people might find a way to pass legislation to rid of this costly, job killing venture. Rmember dems, you all own this, better pray it works out, or you might not be in charge after 2014 for a very long time. YOU ALL OWN THIS!
Looks like a chimp typed this.
One for all all for one

Bethlehem, PA

#806597 Nov 16, 2012
Trevanian wrote:
The presidential election exposed the liberal class as a corpse. It fights for nothing. It stands for nothing. It is a useless appendage to the corporate state. It exists not to make possible incremental or piecemeal reform, as it originally did in a functional capitalist democracy; instead it has devolved into an instrument of personal vanity, burnishing the hollow morality of its adherents. Liberals, by voting for Barack Obama, betrayed the core values they use to define themselves—the rule of law, the safeguarding of civil liberties, the protection of unions, the preservation of social welfare programs, environmental accords, financial regulation, a defiance of unjust war and torture, and the abolition of drone wars. The liberal class clung desperately during the long nightmare of this political campaign to one or two issues, such as protecting a woman’s right to choose and gender equality, to justify its complicity in a monstrous evil. This moral fragmentation—using an isolated act of justice to define one’s self while ignoring the vast corporate assault on the nation and the ecosystem along with the pre-emptive violence of the imperial state—is moral and political capitulation. It fails to confront the evil we have become.
“The American Dream has run out of gas,” wrote the novelist J.G. Ballard.“The car has stopped. It no longer supplies the world with its images, its dreams, its fantasies. No more. It’s over. It supplies the world with its nightmares now.…”
Liberals have assured us that after the election they will build a movement to hold the president accountable—although how or when or what this movement will look like they cannot say. They didn’t hold him accountable during his first term. They won’t during his second. They have played their appointed roles in the bankrupt political theater that passes for electoral politics. They have wrung their hands, sung like a Greek chorus about the evils of the perfidious opponent, assured us that there is no other viable option, and now they will exit the stage. They will carp and whine in the wings until they are trotted out again to assume their role in the next political propaganda campaign of disempowerment and fear. They will, in the meantime, become the butt of ridicule and derision by the very politicians they supported.
Of course it fights for something. It fights for human rights, it stands for human rights. It's about trying to banish human suffering, protecting the environment, caring for the sick and the elderly, about access to affordable healthcare that many don't even have because the high cost of healthcare is beyond their reach. It shouldn't have to be that way. Greed is the number one reason our economy was ruined first by Bush and his administration. Their cause wasn't with the average American citizens. Much of our manufacturing went overseas at that time and illegal immigration ran rampant for the purpose of cheap labor. If New York got rid of all the illegals, that state would shut down.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#806598 Nov 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I remember Washington state, I think, Passed all these real strict emission laws and some volcano blew up and spewed more stuff in the air in a few days than the state would in like ten years. When we can cool the planet in a matter of days like a volcano then I might worry. All this bs about made man climate change is just that bs.
"flack"
Remember the eruption in Washington State well. We were lucky only had a couple of inches of ash, other areas got up up 6 inches of the stuff. The ash fallout was so great that in mid afternoon it was so dark with headlights you could not see a block.
Peace
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#806599 Nov 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to be rolling in some temporary going to take awhile shelters and heat in that area for sure. At the rate of storms lately, FEMA ought to keep a few lots full, ready to roll where and when ever needed.
It get COLD up there come December.
These pictures of before and after are amazing. You can use the slider at the bottom to see exactly what was washed away.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49646622/ns/weath...
carol

Orlando, FL

#806600 Nov 16, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
Please continue to make "nutsucker" and others look like the liars and phonies they are. You are good at pointing out their idiocy.
I just love it, they claim they ran you off, not realizing there are things in your life a bit more important than topix. I have to say I do not agree with all you post but you are honest. You do not rely on nasty language, slurring and demeaning.
Peace
Sometimes you just have to humor nuc. It makes him so happy when he thinks runs somebody off.

Thanks for the compliment.
carol

Orlando, FL

#806602 Nov 16, 2012
Trevanian wrote:
Now that the entertainment is over – now that the world’s longest sporting event is finally over for FOX and CNN, Americans will have to go back to the day-to-day lives they managed to avoid during this latest Presidential election.
The reality bites once again, that in 2012, America remains more divided than ever in terms of wealth, in terms of values, in terms of Prozac, and in terms of tribal identity politics.
Romney seemed liked Wall Street’s ideal President, but he wasn’t ruthless enough it seems. You have to really want the power. Mitt put on a good show, but played too soft to actually win.
Obama proved that he was worthy of the banking elite’s endorsement four years ago. Remember when Obama left the campaign trail with his dancing partner John McCain in 2008, to help to spearhead the bankers’ takeover of the White House in 2008 (Bush Jr was fishing at the time), pushing through Democratic support for the first banker bailout? Obama had to do it because the Wall Street banking elite ‘made him’ in terms of his candidacy, and they could also break him too. Obama’s family connections with the Geithners didn’t hurt either, nor did Soros’ love of Obama. He proved that he could follow orders.
Obama’s campaign strap line this year was “FORWARD”, an interesting choice of word, blunt and brutal – one straight out of Mao Se Tung’s China, or Stalin’s Russia. Is this a hint of things to come?
America has never been so divided as it is today in 2012
Over a million signatures from 47 states to secede so far. Florida is #5 with the most signatures.

I associate the word "forward" with Custer's last stand and his last word.

Interesting the other context.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#806603 Nov 16, 2012
krissy wrote:
Errr...WTF is Trevanian babbling about? This is Topix! Who's got time to read that wall of text?
Cliff Notes please!
Oh, I don't know - I've read every post so far, and while they don't have a patch on 'THE DEBIL' for salaciousness, they rival his/hers in relevance.

I say keep it coming - it's some of the most intelligent prose I've found here so far - but unless he/she is ad-libbing, it might be a good idea to cite the original source.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#806604 Nov 16, 2012
One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it fights for something. It fights for human rights, it stands for human rights. It's about trying to banish human suffering, protecting the environment, caring for the sick and the elderly, about access to affordable healthcare that many don't even have because the high cost of healthcare is beyond their reach. It shouldn't have to be that way. Greed is the number one reason our economy was ruined first by Bush and his administration. Their cause wasn't with the average American citizens. Much of our manufacturing went overseas at that time and illegal immigration ran rampant for the purpose of cheap labor. If New York got rid of all the illegals, that state would shut down.
That's not true of Barack Obama, One. He's a corporatist, just like Romney - but in the words of Billy Covington, he's got a "...slightly hipper rap."
carol

Orlando, FL

#806606 Nov 16, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>shhhhh...don't listen to carol....she's crazy now
What do you think about the unions causing 18,000 people to lose their jobs at Hostess?

Still think they serve the same purpose they once did?
Song

Yantai, China

#806607 Nov 16, 2012
Concealment SHOT RIFLE

Spokane, WA

#806608 Nov 16, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>13 was long ago but a great year 1974. That was the year I saved enough money working in the onion feilds to purchase my first hunting rifle a winchester bolt action 3030. Which I still have today.
"moshx"
Purchased my first hunting weapon in 1956, also a Winchester, also a 30 - 30 but lever action.
Peace
carol

Orlando, FL

#806610 Nov 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Carol because she is as big a liar and fool as you are!!
Your state went for Obama, as did Carol's. And you still don't get it!!
And your ODD is eating away at what's left of your brain!! Carol lost hers 2 years into Obama's first term.
She's been a blithering idiot since.
I lost faith in my fellow countrymen long before two years into Obama's first term. My brain was just fine.

Spokane, WA

#806611 Nov 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us about Romania, comrade!!
BTW, the election is over. Your side lost.
Now you've got ODD!!
"nutsucker"
Figured out why you use the term ODD. It fits you perfectly, you are;
O ld
D ense
D umb
Peace
KMA
One for all all for one

Bethlehem, PA

#806612 Nov 16, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That's not true of Barack Obama, One. He's a corporatist, just like Romney - but in the words of Billy Covington, he's got a "...slightly hipper rap."
I would not have voted for Romney. Imo, he would have been worse for average Americans. As for Barack, we shall see. Companies are hiring again and unemployment has gone down some. I hope Republicans will work with the president in resolving this countries issues and fiscal matters. I just saw earlier that the talks were constructive and positive. I hope so.:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#806613 Nov 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>All you who voted for obama, you own it, when shit starts to really hit the fan, obamacare and it's inclusion of existing conditions such as, idiocy will not be covered, because their might not be any money left or people might find a way to pass legislation to rid of this costly, job killing venture. Rmember dems, you all own this, better pray it works out, or you might not be in charge after 2014 for a very long time. YOU ALL OWN THIS!
Just like I owned the shit when I voted for GWBush. Remember?
carol

Orlando, FL

#806615 Nov 16, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Was that a popular sang when you were young? Are you sure you didn't know that labor unions started after the Dust Bowl, Great Depression, etc., but I'm sure you can't remember why.
No it wasn't a popular "sang" (I love payback).

I just said it wrong.

Ain't no thang chicken wang.

That's correct.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#806616 Nov 16, 2012
Dr. Dem....where's your associate? I'm in need of a second opinion.....
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806617 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a chimp typed this.
evidently we own this...
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806618 Nov 16, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I owned the shit when I voted for GWBush. Remember?
is she suggesting that we feel bad about "owning" the bright future? i just can't seem to...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min KiMerde 50,607
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 70,024
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 1 hr no one 42
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Hot coed babe 47,487
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Frank 179,284
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 3 hr joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Grau 68,643
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]