Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,290)

Showing posts 745,781 - 745,800 of1,071,948
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
One for all all for one

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
In the case of the USPS, the company is government postal workers.
What are you trying to say? You're not making any sense, so is it safe to say you are a Democrat?
I stated in another post that I wasn't referring to USPS. I had the wrong post. I was referring to the baking company and I stated that. I have an opinion like everyone else. So, is it "safe" to say that you're a Republican?
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you sit down to talk with your teen, first. The teen must feel comfortable with his parents and trust them. Not giving your teen the necessary information and condoms if they need them, would be turning them away and giving them no alternative. Today, most families have 2 working parents or single parent homes. They would not do well coping with the added responsibility of an unwanted pregnancy or raising that child. If that teen got pregnant the first time and his/her parents took on the responsibility of that baby, that teen would only learn that his parents will vouch for his/her "mistake". I've seen teens have several babies because of this kind of logic. Having a baby would ruin the chances of a teen getting a college education and the chances of earning a good income to support his or herself in the future. Babies tie teens and families down. If abortion is murder, so is the suffering of unwanted children in this country because no one feels that they're their problem. Many of these unwanted babies grow up in abused homes and end up incarcerated in our prisons.
In the African American community, 72 percent of Black children are raised in a single parent household.

Here are some stats on the city to city breakdown of single parent families in the Black community from 2009.

Ireland was second (24.3 percent), followed by New Zealand (23.7 percent). Greece, Spain, Italy and Luxemborg had among the lowest percentages of children in single-parent homes.

Experts point to a variety of factors to explain the high U.S. figure, including a cultural shift toward greater acceptance of single-parent child rearing. The U.S. also lacks policies to help support families, including childcare at work and national paid maternity leave, which are commonplace in other countries.

“When our parents married, there was a sense that you were marrying for life,” said Edward Zigler, founder and director of Yale’s Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy.“That sense is not as prevalent.”

Single parents in the U.S. were more likely to be employed — 35.8 percent compared to a 21.3 percent average — but they also had higher rates of poverty, the report found.

“The in-work poverty is higher in the U.S. than other OECD countries, because at the bottom end of the labor market, earnings are very low,” said Willem Adema, a senior economist in the group’s social policy division.“For parents, the risk is higher because they have to make expenditures on childcare costs.”
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

evening, imbeciles
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Obviously you sit down to talk with your teen, first. The teen must feel comfortable with his parents and trust them. Not giving your teen the necessary information and condoms if they need them, would be turning them away and giving them no alternative. Today, most families have 2 working parents or single parent homes. They would not do well coping with the added responsibility of an unwanted pregnancy or raising that child. If that teen got pregnant the first time and his/her parents took on the responsibility of that baby, that teen would only learn that his parents will vouch for his/her "mistake". I've seen teens have several babies because of this kind of logic. Having a baby would ruin the chances of a teen getting a college education and the chances of earning a good income to support his or herself in the future. Babies tie teens and families down. If abortion is murder, so is the suffering of unwanted children in this country because no one feels that they're their problem. Many of these unwanted babies grow up in abused homes and end up incarcerated in our prisons.
No, actually the fact that they use condoms means they would vouch for their mistake, since they just misusded condoms, thats all, if the teen is raised a child to have many talks, starting at 6, instead of having to have that talk at 6, but instead they were raised to understand their responsibility, they wouldn't have sex and would instead have no excuse to make this, "mistake". You don't have the talk with your teenager when he turns 13, you start when he's much younger, while it may be a tough run to opt out of birth control at first, parents will just have to stick by, but in the long run it will help much more. Teenagers are given less responsiblilty with these birth control methods being sticked in their as excuses, and especially as abortion being the excuse.
One for all all for one

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are brainwashed. You bought into the bogus scare tactics.
You made my point, you cannot seperate your own moral beliefs from politics. You just made that perfectly clear.
Only in your own mind. Most Republicans records speak for themselves. That's not brainwashing, that's truth. Bush was scary enough, as was McCain, Romney and their ilk.
Orangelion

Queensferry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the sixties eh?
Matter of fact the sexual revolution hit the US in the mid fifties after being born in the UK and Italy during WWII and then being nurtured in the Philippines and Korea afterward.
Condoms have been in use since the early 1900's.
Where do you stooges come from?
The sexual revolution may have led plenty of teens to have sex, in schools right now it is more like sex trafficking, we won't get out of the sex revolution until we got out of this sex trafficking stage by opting out of abortion, that is the only way to do it.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I stated in another post that I wasn't referring to USPS. I had the wrong post. I was referring to the baking company and I stated that. I have an opinion like everyone else. So, is it "safe" to say that you're a Republican?
No, it's not safe. I'm a Libertarian. Thanks for confirming you were confused. I thought you were a Democrat based on that. Your inability to stay focused was a dead giveaway.

Of course, you have a right to your opinion. Did I say you didn't?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
True. But I when I try to do the moderation thing, than I end up routinely doing something I shouldn't. I use a non-hydrogenated type of "Crisco" whenever I bake and baking is something I don't do too often either. Gotta hang onto my girlish figure. I go crazy if I gain even an extra pound. Typically, I use cold pressed 100% olive oil for cooking. I rarely ever use a fry pan, unless I'm making eggs for the hubby.
I love to bake, and do it frequently - quit eating processed food a dozen years ago, and never looked back. Feel much better, and save a ton of cash baking and freezing my own stuff to eat at our convenience. Do you garden or can?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
The sexual revolution may have led plenty of teens to have sex, in schools right now it is more like sex trafficking, we won't get out of the sex revolution until we got out of this sex trafficking stage by opting out of abortion, that is the only way to do it.
hey lady, you spelled orangutan wrong.
you silly chimp
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Something would run afoul if coal would be used. You can bet on it. We've already had a few nuclear disasters; we don't need anything else to compromise our health. We all need clean air to breathe and clean water to drink to survive.
Name one nuclear disaster other than Fukushima (which was caused by failure of backup power and not by the nuclear power cycle itself).

The thousands of people running home generators in NY and NJ are, in some cases, damaging their own health far more than coal-fired power plants.

As for wood-burning fireplaces, the effects are even worse.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
he's a neocon republican.
i call them , chimps, fktards, imbeciles... any of those will work.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
As if the Communist Chinese party cares about what the Chinese people think.
Yeah, in that they're a lot like Republiclown

You love walking into wood chippers, don't you??

Must be the ODD!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the bong lady, the math isn't on your side__not even close. And, you're not expressing yourself in real world terms.

You're on the wrong thread!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oops, I was referring to the bakery company, not USPS.
You had it right the first time.....the USPS product stinks. More accurately, the product is obsolete.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you deal with political policy that conflicts with your religious morals?
By being true to my morals on a personal level. I don't feel the need to foist my morals on others, in order to render them 'more' meaningful, or important.

That being said, I'll be purchasing pizza from Papa MURPHY'S rather than Papa Johns from now on - most of Schnatter's former employees will be working there, as well.

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text> with every post you write you show even more ignorance. The only thing obamas win proves is that there were more simple minded folk like you who are easy to lead and decive that voted .you willingly voted for a man that gives aid to terrorist,a man who has lied to you over and over and a man who will be the downfall of America. The realy sad part of it is that you have no clue and only do as you are lead to do. Its actualy very sad that you've come to point where you can't even discuss an issue without showing your extreme hatered for anyone that disagrees with what you have been told to believe,exibiting your hate as far as makeing jokes about someones dead daughter.only a sick mind could do that.
Sure. The majority of voters were wrong. Whatever you say, Moshie.

There is nothing to discuss. The issues were all on the table before the election.

Your stupidity and Rmoney were solidly rejected.

The Electoral Vote was 332-206.

Your views were completely rejected, yet you call the majority wrong.

The majority of Americans rejected Rmoney for his lies, deception, hidden tax shelters, and hatred for poor Americans.

BTW, Cuban Americans are no longer a Republiclown voting block.

Obama got half of their votes!!

Your side is left with thought challenged folks like you, who can't even spell or construct a sentence.

That's why you will continue to lose elections.

You called the secession traitors a 'patriot army'.

That proves you to be an unAmerican bootlicker.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one nuclear disaster other than Fukushima (which was caused by failure of backup power and not by the nuclear power cycle itself).
The thousands of people running home generators in NY and NJ are, in some cases, damaging their own health far more than coal-fired power plants.
As for wood-burning fireplaces, the effects are even worse.
Chernobyl, Three Mile Island??

Burning firewood does not release sulfur or mercury.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>

Hostess Brands is history because it's been a very poorly managed company for a good number of years. Some one will will pick up the valuable pieces and trademarks and move forward. Case closed!

America is not going to starve!
That's what I said to begin with.

But nobody will pick up the entire company or many of the current employees.

The older employees in particular have little future and probably would have been better off to swallow a pay cut until retirement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the Chinese are building newer, advanced cleaner coal plants.
China has vast regions with no electric service as do many under developed countries.
The planet has had eruptions for eons. Our climate & Atmosphere are based on it.
That doesn't mean we should add poisons & pollutants & greenhouse gases over & beyond it. When you do, you change both.
Using logic with these idiots is hopeless.

Best to just insult them. At least they understand insults. They've gotten them all their stupid lives!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

krissy wrote:
lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Health Care Reform Protesters - The Dumb, the Bad and the Ugly
Classic 2009
Well, THAT was awesome...I think a couple of those folks live up the street from me.

Never did like them....
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 745,781 - 745,800 of1,071,948
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,459
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Ace 48,687
'Kitty Zombie' TV Pilot Filming in Joliet Monday 9 min BK2A 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min voice of peace 67,527
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 37 min mr ridgway 3,815
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min LRS 173,591
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 393
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE