Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,288)

Showing posts 745,741 - 745,760 of1,034,173
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. You are part of the problem Flack.
Have a Twinkie!
I didn't know they still existed. Perhaps people should stop eating all that sugar laden chemical cake, weren't there experiments done on Twinkies? They never go bad!! You can leave that stuff out for a year and no mold will grow.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your retarded mind. When highly-skilled physicians choose to withhold their services instead of bowing to Obamacare, who will you call?
That's a load
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The Party’s Problem
By Ramesh Ponnuru

....The absence of a middle-class message was the biggest failure of the Romney campaign, and it was not its failure alone. Down-ticket Republican candidates weren’t offering anything more — not the established Republicans, not the tea-partiers, not the social conservatives. Conservative activists weren’t demanding that Romney or any of these other Republicans do anything more. Some of them were complaining that Romney wasn’t “taking the fight to Obama”; few of them were urging him to outline a health-care plan that would reassure voters that replacing Obamacare wouldn’t mean taking health insurance away from millions of people.

Romney’s infamous “47 percent” gaffe — by which he characterized voters who do not pay income taxes as freeloaders and sure Democratic voters, which they aren’t — made for a week of bad media coverage and some devastatingly effective Democratic ads. It was not, however, a line of thinking unique to Romney. It was an exaggerated version of a claim that had become party orthodoxy.

A different Republican presidential nominee might not have made exactly that gaffe, or had a financial-industry background that lent itself to attacks on outsourcing. He would almost certainly have had a similar weakness on economic policy, however, and might have had additional weaknesses too.(Romney at least won independent voters, which it’s hard to imagine Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, or Rick Santorum having done.) To put it differently: The problem isn’t so much that Romney was vulnerable to a set of attacks that appear to have discouraged working-class whites from voting; it’s that he didn’t have anything positive with which to counter those attacks.

http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/333...

Despair has led many Republicans to question their earlier confidence that America is a “center-right country.” It is certainly a country that has strong conservative impulses: skepticism of government, respect for religion, concern for the family. What the country does not have is a center-right party that explains how to act on these impulses to improve the national condition. Until it does, it won’t have a center-right political majority either.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

WE WILL HAVE CRUSHNG DEBT,WEAKER CURRENCY
ROARING INFLATION,SERVICE CUTS,CIVIL UNREST
NO JOBS,NO GROWTH,MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT
OUR CREDIT WILL BE REDUCED AS A NATION
THE GOOD NEWS,ALL THOSE FREE STUFF AND
FREE AGENDAS WILL BE BLASTING AWAY AND
TAXING THE WEALTHY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING
EXCEPT GIVE THE FREE STUFF MOBS THE FAKE
IMPRESSION THE WEALTHY ARE PAYING FOR IT?
FOUR MORE YEARS,THANKS A LOT,HOPE I DID
NOT UPSET EUROPE WITH MY COMPARISONS???
TO GREECE,SPAIN,UK,ITALIA,IRELAND ETC?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's a union bar. God you people are dense.
You go to a union bar? Do you sit there sipping your beer and call everyone stupid libtards?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah right. WalMart the largest private employer in the US. Like I'm going to pay $40 for a shirt when I can buy two of the same shirts for the same money. Throw your money away. You libtards seem to enjoy doing that.
Those shirts were made by children in China. You dummies keep going to Walmart to keep the Waltons on the Forbes list.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

VeganTiger wrote:
More phony sob stories. I worked up to hundred hours a week with no pay and no thanks during medical school. Often taking care if lazy posh's that lie in their bed telling me "I'm rich" with NO CLUE what it takes. We used to get by with noodles and cheap beans and had to be wary every week. I had it with the welfare thugs after that time. Then a residency where my total time put in with salary was close to minimal wage for 3 years. Hispanics are not more"hard-working" than others. They have destroyed our ER's and continue to. The EMTALA has become a nightmare that bankrupts the bottom lines of ER's yet you liberals think all we do there is collect money and rip people off.
Stop painting mexicans as such mother Theresa's. what about all hard-working people who happen to qualify into your skin color niche, yet gets nothing?? Finally, look at how they treat THEIR OWN immigrants. You liberals were better served pointing out hippocrisy like this, but instead has chosen to drive all the "victims" in front of you to demonize and destroy everybody else. It's weird to be working for free for people until AUGUST or so when one gets to keep something yet you liberals want more, citing 90% rate in the past as a good example. There is no way I will be doing much more of this once my tax rate goes beyond 50. <quoted text>
More fantasy from Greys Anatomy. You're FOS
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The Party of Big Business

Most of the GOP base are people that look for employment as a means to providing for a family. They see their economic interests threatened by Republicans who want to expose their retirements to the stock market, who want them to pay for their health-care out of their take home wages, who give massive bailouts to connected corporate interests, while singing about self-reliance to the working man.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-pa...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment Compensation is temporary benefit which, by the way, is taxed.
Untaxed Welfare and Food Stamp benefits are a lifestyle.
Not all all.

Welfare has a time limit. The vast majority of those in the program leave it by getting a job.

Try to get better informed, you're embarrassing yourself.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Razors Edge wrote:
WE WILL HAVE CRUSHNG DEBT,WEAKER CURRENCY
ROARING INFLATION,SERVICE CUTS,CIVIL UNREST
NO JOBS,NO GROWTH,MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT
OUR CREDIT WILL BE REDUCED AS A NATION
THE GOOD NEWS,ALL THOSE FREE STUFF AND
FREE AGENDAS WILL BE BLASTING AWAY AND
TAXING THE WEALTHY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING
EXCEPT GIVE THE FREE STUFF MOBS THE FAKE
IMPRESSION THE WEALTHY ARE PAYING FOR IT?
FOUR MORE YEARS,THANKS A LOT,HOPE I DID
NOT UPSET EUROPE WITH MY COMPARISONS???
TO GREECE,SPAIN,UK,ITALIA,IRELAND ETC?
So, go back to Romania, who the eff cares? You think screaming in caps solves anything?

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Republicans have two choices.
Accept letting the tax cuts on the wealthy expire or let the country slide back into a recession.
And after they are blamed for the latter... 2016 will be another democratic landslide.
1) If the republicans take out the lube and roll over, they may as well be finished. What is the point of two parties with different name, same policies?

2) Even IF they roll over, you liberals will not stop demonizing them. You guys are cowards adn just like all cowards, you cannot help yourself drooling over people being kicked in the head while lying down, no matter what happened before.

3) FInally, even if you take ALL our money (or what's left after we have left the country), it will only help moving you all faster towards Zimbabwe than not.

Honestly, if the reps raise taxes a dime, they are done for and if not, you guys wil take care of them. In any case, I think it is a good thing and will finally open for leaders who MAY care about all the people without demonizing the productive ones.

-Being among the 1% is a dirty, thankless job, but someone's gotta do it-
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Fox Uses Romney's "Gifts" Comments To Push Its "Makers Vs. Takers" Argument

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/15/fox-u...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

NEW ORLEANS (AP)— U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will speak in New Orleans about the government's $4.5 billion settlement with BP over the massive 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Department of Justice said Holder and top U.S. officials will hold a news conference at 1:00 p.m. CST about the wide-ranging settlement.

London-based BP PLC said in a statement it agreed to the penalty and to plead guilty to criminal charges including 11 felony counts of misconduct related to the deaths of 11 men in the rig explosion that triggered the oil spill.

The settlement total of $4.5 billion over five years includes nearly $1.3 billion in criminal fines — the largest such penalty ever — along with payments to several government agencies.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a Twinkie!
I didn't know they still existed. Perhaps people should stop eating all that sugar laden chemical cake, weren't there experiments done on Twinkies? They never go bad!! You can leave that stuff out for a year and no mold will grow.
yeah lily they did a test,that twinkie set up will
glow in the dark when they bury your ass,and will
last for ever and a day!! Its toxic as hell..LOL..

News Flash,And the Cancer Center claims it is becoming
an Epidemic??? Wonder if all those packages,cans and the
shelf lives of it all has anything to do with it all????
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

DOW down 675 point since the "takers" got their boy back in office for four more dismal years.

Impressive!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah right. WalMart the largest private employer in the US. Like I'm going to pay $40 for a shirt when I can buy two of the same shirts for the same money. Throw your money away. You libtards seem to enjoy doing that.
Crap jobs, where employees don't make enough money so they apply for government benefits even though Walmart makes record profits.

You are part of the problem Flack. When the middle class is completely gone in this country and China has taken over the world economically we'll all know who to point the finger at: Flack

Walmart sucks.

And yes Homer will pay more, rather pay to keep more Americans earning a decent wage than keep more Chinese earning slave wages.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you believe all jobs should be supplied by the Government.
Your sequence of posts is ironic. One of Romney's Etches was to increase the military, and he mentioned something about sending lots of boys to Israel to play Cowboys and Indians. My, how I wish he were my leader now.....NOT!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

VeganTiger wrote:
More phony sob stories. I worked up to hundred hours a week with no pay and no thanks during medical school. Often taking care if lazy posh's that lie in their bed telling me "I'm rich" with NO CLUE what it takes. We used to get by with noodles and cheap beans and had to be wary every week. I had it with the welfare thugs after that time. Then a residency where my total time put in with salary was close to minimal wage for 3 years. Hispanics are not more"hard-working" than others. They have destroyed our ER's and continue to. The EMTALA has become a nightmare that bankrupts the bottom lines of ER's yet you liberals think all we do there is collect money and rip people off.
Stop painting mexicans as such mother Theresa's. what about all hard-working people who happen to qualify into your skin color niche, yet gets nothing?? Finally, look at how they treat THEIR OWN immigrants. You liberals were better served pointing out hippocrisy like this, but instead has chosen to drive all the "victims" in front of you to demonize and destroy everybody else. It's weird to be working for free for people until AUGUST or so when one gets to keep something yet you liberals want more, citing 90% rate in the past as a good example. There is no way I will be doing much more of this once my tax rate goes beyond 50. <quoted text>
My violin is worn out plying that sad song for your pile of baloney.

When doctors are in medical school, THEY ARE LEARNING. It's called getting an education. Yep you a real doctor.

No doctors worked prior to the Bush administration. Nope, they sat & did nothing until the tax rate came down.

Wow, even for a pretend doc, you ain't too bright.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Those shirts were made by children in China. You dummies keep going to Walmart to keep the Waltons on the Forbes list.
http://www.winningwordsproject .com/walmart_is_the_largest_fo od_stamp_recipient_in_the_coun try
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

well, that didn't work lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 745,741 - 745,760 of1,034,173
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 3 min cheluzal 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,597
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 45 min edogxxx 96,137
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 59 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,535
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Be kuel 505
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 42,993
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr boundary painter 92
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search