Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263311 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Truth

Alice, TX

#806621 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a chimp typed this.
That's right! It was your momma!....lol.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806622 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost faith in my fellow countrymen long before two years into Obama's first term. My brain was just fine.
i know...it snapped on nov 6th...really hard
Truth

Alice, TX

#806623 Nov 16, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I owned the shit when I voted for GWBush. Remember?
I agree, but bush did not push job killing obamacare, his CIA info was incorrect. Housing market helped put us here and guess who was in charge of congress when that happened?
carol

Orlando, FL

#806624 Nov 16, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not hysterical? More hyperbolic rightwing mumbo jumbo. Lmao, you prove repeatedly what extremes you will go to in order to make yourself appear right. Think it's time for you to make good on your promise,,,take your purse and go home. Come back when your fever breaks and reality sets in, if that's possible. Your party went down in flames thanks to nutjobs such as yourself. Fox has made a blithering idiot out of you. Keep watching, they depend on tools like you!!
Nah, I decided to leave my purse right where it is and hang around for the big show.

Reinstating Jerusalem, "God" language met with boos at DNC:

The Associated Press put it this way: Democrats have changed their convention platform to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

dem

Chicago, IL

#806625 Nov 16, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>evidently we own this...
It always ends like this!
Desolate!
Just us patriots left.
carol

Orlando, FL

#806626 Nov 16, 2012
Ain't no thang chicken wang.

(Just want to make the judge-it mad again.)
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024

United States

#806627 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost faith in my fellow countrymen long before two years into Obama's first term. My brain was just fine.
so where is your brain now carol Now that is over for 4 more years for your party?
dem

Chicago, IL

#806628 Nov 16, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
Dr. Dem....where's your associate? I'm in need of a second opinion.....
I don't think that fraud liked me.
He won't be back.
Stooges like that morph into someone else, it's their only chance.
Topix is the last frontier
The Wild West on the web.
dem

Chicago, IL

#806629 Nov 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>That's right! It was your momma!....lol.
Greetings.
http://youtu.be/gglxehpl28Q
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806630 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It always ends like this!
Desolate!
Just us patriots left.
as it is now and ever shall be...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#806631 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about the unions causing 18,000 people to lose their jobs at Hostess?
Still think they serve the same purpose they once did?
No, I don't. Unions have become creatures, exactly like our so-called "Representatives" in Congress. Neither does the work we intended to be accomplished when they were instituted as part of the fabric of our society. Both have done little for The People, but increasingly, line their own pockets at the expense of those who support them, both financially, and with our trust. Both kowtow shamelessly to interests other than those of their constituents or their members. Public service is for sale to the highest bidder, and if one doesn't recognize this, politically, one is asleep.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806632 Nov 16, 2012
CLINTON-CASTRO 2016-2024 wrote:
<quoted text> so where is your brain now carol Now that is over for 4 more years for your party?
the fact that these f*cktards are still aping romney's "free stuff" line of bullshit suggests to me that it's gonna be more than just 4 years...

fun to watch them play with word toys though...keeps their tiny lil minds engaged in their twilight days...hours...

Where's fred?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#806633 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you call yourself an American.

You and reality don't even have a passing acquaintence.

Your fellow Americans are the majority.

You remain in denial.

The brighter Republiclowns are moving away from the failure the Tea Party wrought, as voters rejected the extremism your party allowed to infect it.

I love that you cling to your same old beliefs. It insures your side will be marginalized for good going forward.

But your Obama Derangement Disorder (ODD) really requires professional help.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806634 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that fraud liked me.
He won't be back.
Stooges like that morph into someone else, it's their only chance.
Topix is the last frontier
The Wild West on the web.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA!!!!!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806635 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings.
http://youtu.be/gglxehpl28Q
hee hee hee
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#806636 Nov 16, 2012

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#806637 Nov 16, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't. Unions have become creatures, exactly like our so-called "Representatives" in Congress. Neither does the work we intended to be accomplished when they were instituted as part of the fabric of our society. Both have done little for The People, but increasingly, line their own pockets at the expense of those who support them, both financially, and with our trust. Both kowtow shamelessly to interests other than those of their constituents or their members. Public service is for sale to the highest bidder, and if one doesn't recognize this, politically, one is asleep.
You're as full of shit as Carol.

Unions created the Middle Class. Without them, workers pay a steep price.

Hostess is an example of Rmoney style economics. THe Hedge Fund managers rewarded themselves with millions in pay, while th workers were asked to take cut after cut after cut.

At some point, people will refuse to be pushed around by rich fools. Expect to see more of that in the next few years.

hard times have always been the best organizer for unions.

Expect WalMart to have unions in the next few years.

It's the new civil rights movement.

To compare unions to greedy Corporate interests is ignorant, and that's being kind.
carol

Orlando, FL

#806638 Nov 16, 2012
Correction...my brain is just fine...other than being a little loopy at times. Think it makes me more endearing though.

Some of you libs would just love the tar out of me if you knew me...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#806640 Nov 16, 2012
One for all all for one wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have voted for Romney. Imo, he would have been worse for average Americans. As for Barack, we shall see. Companies are hiring again and unemployment has gone down some. I hope Republicans will work with the president in resolving this countries issues and fiscal matters. I just saw earlier that the talks were constructive and positive. I hope so.:)
As craven as this may sound, I voted for Mitt Romney because, of the two venal and repulsive choices, he was the only one who hadn't signed the NDAA. He was the only one who hadn't sent drone strikes into communities in other countries.(He essentially said he would do so, but campaign promises are some of the cheapest words in the language.)

I loathe and despise his political views as concern women - but the NDAA affects all of us, as does our National willingness, exemplified by our President, to eradicate those we perceive as enemies on foreign soil, or here at home.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#806641 Nov 16, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions again rather collect welfare and food stamps than work !!!
Unions has succesfully destroyed airlines like: Pan Am, Eastern Airline, etc.
Like a CANCER will destroy their host that feed them!
Like a pantsuit sock the blood of its hosts until their host, who keeps them alive, dies!!!
Now let's see the same happening to America as a whole thanks to Obama!!!
Good grief!!! They rather be unemployed than to accept only 30 days paid vacation and Obamacare!!!
a sad affair all around. Bought boxes of Susie-Q's and Ding Dongs for old times sake. Twinkies all gone, except the twinks on here. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 10 min boundary painter 454
abby7-31-15 36 min RACE 3
Ask Amy July 31 48 min Mister Tonka 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Brian_G 54,351
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 100,297
Amy 7-30-15 1 hr PEllen 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Mark 52,063
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Enter 194,506
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages