Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
745,401 - 745,420 of 1,081,671 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I had many friends that were victims of the closing too. Fortunately due to this area's rather large industrial base, the shipyards, Stihl, Canon and the many defense-oriented businesses, most of my friends did ok.
If you had friends, you wouldn't spend your life on Topix, with ever changing screennames, but always the same VA location.

You think you're fooling anyone??

You're a shut in with a host of proxy locations and sockpuppets.

Problem is, they've all ignorant and lame.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Fox Nation: Where Jesus Meets T&A

The cognitive dissonance of Fox Nation is nowhere more apparent than it's promotion of the gospel of right wing Christian grievance while simultaneously providing some visual - er - stimulation for those Christian gentlemen who bray about liberals' loose moral standards. While Rupert Murdoch's Fox Nation can't get away with his "daily diet of topless 'Page 3 girls" in his British tabloids, it does provide some titillation for its readers in the form of photographs (Pic of the Day), on the right hand side of the site. Today we have a thread about Billy Graham's belief that "we have turned our backs on God" while the "pic" is a scantily clad Rihanna. Fox Nation has something for everybody!

http://www.newshounds.us/20121116_fox_nation_...

Not much different from the FOX News site.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep clinging to your lies Carol. No one is hysterical but you and your fellow wingnuts. Your desperation is all over the place.
Fox News makes good money telling people what they want to hear.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/born-keny...
The pamphlet itself was edited by Miriam Goderich who has since responded, saying it was her mistake. She replied in an email to Yahoo News:
You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.
Sigh.
Carol: rebirth of the birfers. They're hysterical, they can't fathom that the rich white guy didn't win, Karl Rove whining like a baby. Smear campaign? How about the truth? Romney's own words buried him. I think they're going to go far, far right now with a vengeance!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought so. He really loves the SEIU.
I'm trying to recall another time in history when unions were so important to a famous leader.
Can you help me out?
Poland?

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Pres Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a Mexican ,America didn't know I was the first coyote but don't check my recorded.
Obama is a mexican?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that the director of the Red Cross makes $500,000?
The real shocker is how much the head of the NRA makes. Wayne La Pierre, the CEO gets over $900k.

Lots more than the highest paid union head.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Todd Beamer wrote:
<quoted text>John it doesn't matter how much you preach when your congregation is deaf.These phkers just hijacked AMERICA,what do we do with hijackers.LET'S ROLL.
Although Galt feels your pain, it is wrong to respond to violence and theft in kind. Just step back and let them fail, doing nothing to help the thieves.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I see you are jusat another right whiner dumbass who can seem to be informed.
I have a suggestion, look it up ^& see what the federal lifetime benefit time frame is.
Or, you can just remain a dumbass. Its up to you.
Most states have a five year time limit, some have no time limit, but regardless, if "Mammy" has another baby it starts over. That's why welfare queens "likes to haves so many babies". It's the ghetto-rat lifestyle.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Think big! Many people know we build all the aircraft carriers here but few are aware that we also build those giant Liebherr mining trucks.
I've been there a few times. You could run over a man and not feel a thing.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama's first priority was meeting with union thugs...before meeting with CEOs in the private sector...to thank them for getting him elected again.
He loves his unions. Didn't he say something to the effect that he lives and breathes the SEIU in 2008?
The CEO's supported Romney.

Why would Obama want to meet with them first?? They're uselessless.

Obama met with the job creators. The folks who work and buy stuff, like cars, cellphones, clothing, food, creating jobs for others.

Not the ones who make scads of money and put it in offshore accounts, y'know, like the Twit.

Of course, you get your talking points from O'Reilly, th emost popular FAUXite, who was dead wrong about the election and most everything else.

But Carol loves to cling to her ignorance and religion, including belief in a make believe War on Christmas!!

Even now, still supporting Rmoney, as Christie, Jindal, and most Republiclowns are walking away from him, in a big hurry, so as not to be tainted by this historic loser.

332-206. THat's an ass whuppin if ever there was one!!

Yet Carol hasn't been given her orders to abandon Twit - wait, she will turn on him like a rabid dog as soon as O'Reilly tells her to.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fun grabbing them by their misshapen heads, those huge ears from fetal alcohol syndrome come in handy too
Another bloodthirsty coward chimes in...

C'mon go ahead, your "fearless leader" has an enemies list.

Who's on YOURS?

You want to hit them with the hammer, or work the ovens?

You shmucks give me the pip.
Hans

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

High Ho, High Ho, it's off the cliff we go.

The Obama tax increases on the super-rich won’t solve our deficit problems. In fact, they won’t come anywhere close. The most generous estimates are that they will raise an additional $60 billion to $80 billion a year in revenue.

But the deficit has topped $1 trillion a year for every year that Obama has been in office. Washington will need to raise 15 to 20 times that much revenue if our leaders are serious about balancing the budget.

Here’s another example that should help bring some perspective to this discussion. It’s been estimated that repairing all the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy will come to something like $50 billion. That’s a staggering amount of money, isn’t it? The devastation we’ve seen on our TV screens (and many people have witnessed in person) has been incredible.

But consider this: Obama’s deficits have amounted to 20 such hurricanes every year for the past four years.

That brings me to the second fact that the politicos in Washington — on both sides of the aisle — will have to face. This country doesn’t have a revenue problem; it has a spending problem. When you add together taxes collected by all levels of government, the combined bite from Federal, State and local taxes comes to more than half of the money the more successful people among us earn. What sort of incentives will successful people have to try even harder and do even better if the government grab goes even higher?

The answer can be found somewhere between “very little” and “none.”

But there’s even more bad news waiting for us around the corner. What happens when the badly misnamed Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, becomes fully operational over the next two years?

Well, for one, an awful lot of us will be paying more in taxes, thanks to various fees and add-ons the bill includes. That’s bad enough. But even worse, a lot of full-time jobs in this country will vanish, as more and more companies replace them with part-time workers. Employers will not be required to provide health insurance for anyone working 30 hours a week or less. A lot of companies will prefer to hire four part-time workers to three full-time ones. Can you blame them?

A lot of these problems could be solved by a vibrant, growing economy that saw millions of new jobs being created — which also would mean billions more tax dollars being collected. It’s happened several times in the past, under both Republicans (see Ronald Reagan) and Democrats (see Bill Clinton’s second term).

What are the chances that an even more liberal Senate and a President who no longer has to worry about being re-elected will do the things necessary to get the economy growing again? I fear they are very, very small.

If I were a conservative legislator in Washington today, what would I do? I’d stick to the promises I made that got me there. I’d insist that our government needs to spend less and tax less, and I’d vote only for legislation that helps move the country in that direction.

More freedom, not more government, will produce the prosperity we once enjoyed — and can enjoy again. But that’s not what we’re going to get from Washington anytime soon.

No one wanted Conservative solutions.

Better batten down the hatches, folks. I’m afraid we’re in for a very rough ride.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny? Are you one of the 158,000,000 Americans who will see a $3,500 tax increase? Four years, 5 trillion dollar deficit, is that funny? You really are up Obama's a**, aren't you.
Funny, but if that happened, then Republicans were share the blame.

The funny part about that 5 trillion is that it was brought about by the Bush recession.

Image where we would be if we could skip the Bush years.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He's different than most right wingers caught in a sex scandal.
He chose a woman.
Petraous looks like the most unlikely guy to be in a sex scandal!
Look at him!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>

It's also an investment when you put money into education resulting in a more educated populace better able to compete with other countries in the world market.
Another myth of the left. Only a tiny percentage of current college students are pursuing programs that are useful in the world market. Subsidizing degrees in ethnic studies and the like is a waste of time and money. On the other hand, many highly educated people are unemployed or underemployed.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another stupid tea bag azzhole.
Against welfare unless its going to the Jews in Israel.
Reach back with both hands and grab a clue in each fist, now spread em, your daily dose of liberal propaganda is on the way.

BTW, you know nothing, I love my welfare.

You hate the jews so much, STFU and go over there and "git some"!

Ya lil beeyoch.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Good morning jackwagons, ignorant rightwingers, normal people, and conspiracy theorists*.

Hey 1910! The year when Peppy's great great uncle Nigel sold all his oil rights in Saudi Arabia over to Achmed Faisel stating "This stuff will never amount to anything! "Look, I can't even wash it off my hands!"

*New addition, just trying it out
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Donald Trump to buy Ritz-Carlton in Jupiter, FL

(uggghhh)
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
More stupidity from a tea bag stooge.
Postal service is becoming extinct because most people use email to communicate.
Much like how the telegraph was passed up by technology.
E-Mail?!?! That's the best excuse you could come up with? Why don't you blame their failure on the telephone too? The Postal Service is failing because they're just another bloated government bureaucracy run by unions. That's what our health care system will be like in a few years.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Obama achieves his goal of taking out the evil twinkie, claims devil dogs are next on the list.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min TRD 68,040
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,868
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min RACE 97,550
Amy 7-28 16 min RACE 2
Abby 7-28 28 min RACE 2
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 2 hr WOW That Realy Is Scary 2
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search