Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
745,261 - 745,280 of 1,100,463 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#805776 Nov 16, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
I had more faith in the intelligence of the American public than I should have. I figured that there was absolutely no way the majority of the voters would ignore the fact that Lord Obama is second only to Jimmy Carter in his handling of the economy. The numbers don't lie-- look at the unemployment rate, the debt, on and on and on.
I thought the majority wouldn't ignore his embarassing behavior with foreign affairs, standing up the Israeli prime minister, the Benghazi debacle.
I thought people would look at his infatuation with movie stars, rap singers, etc. partying at the White House, Moochelle flying 60 of her closest friends on our dime to Spain for a week of frolick in the sand and be a bit annoyed.
But I was wrong. The majority, like you, are in it for the free stuff. Women were convinced to vote for him so they could get free (paid for by an Evil Rich Guy) birth control pills and save $9/month. Families everywhere were bought with free (paid for by an Evil Rich Guy) school breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Let the party continue.
It's really rather pathetic. What will it take to persuade you parasites that WORKING IS GOOD. I guess when the last Evil Rich Guy is tapped out, the well runs dry, and the Free Stuff isn't available, you'll burn tires in the street and whine like they do in Greece, Spain and elsewhere.
Whatever happens, you own it. In four more years the unemployment rate is still around 10% and the debt is in the tens of trillions, YOU VOTED FOR IT.
Congratulations.
I could not believe anyone would vote for a man touting the EXACT same promises and ideas that got America in this shape. But I see your dumbass has forgotten the collapse of 2008 when an average of 726,000 jobs per month were being lost.
Imhotep

United States

#805777 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you find any good news relating to Obamacare? If so, please share it.
Alas, I do not vote. There is no point.
I observe, learn and comment for entertainment only.

People are interesting, even those that clearly
can only see the negative.

Eternally pessimistic.

Why not question WHY the country soundly said NO to the GOP? This election was a profound massive defeat of virtually everything Romney and the GOP stood for or supported.

Why do the majority embrace OBCare?

I can’t think of any president in my lifetime that has fomented greater division among the populace, exposed class warfare and the obviously widening racial divisions within the GOP.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#805779 Nov 16, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You stupid Repubs NEVER consider the cost of 30 million Americans without health insurance to the rest of America.
You liberals would consider the cost of ANYTHING, as long as you don't have to pay it.
carol

Orlando, FL

#805780 Nov 16, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
I had more faith in the intelligence of the American public than I should have. I figured that there was absolutely no way the majority of the voters would ignore the fact that Lord Obama is second only to Jimmy Carter in his handling of the economy. The numbers don't lie-- look at the unemployment rate, the debt, on and on and on.
I thought the majority wouldn't ignore his embarassing behavior with foreign affairs, standing up the Israeli prime minister, the Benghazi debacle.
I thought people would look at his infatuation with movie stars, rap singers, etc. partying at the White House, Moochelle flying 60 of her closest friends on our dime to Spain for a week of frolick in the sand and be a bit annoyed.
But I was wrong. The majority, like you, are in it for the free stuff. Women were convinced to vote for him so they could get free (paid for by an Evil Rich Guy) birth control pills and save $9/month. Families everywhere were bought with free (paid for by an Evil Rich Guy) school breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Let the party continue.
It's really rather pathetic. What will it take to persuade you parasites that WORKING IS GOOD. I guess when the last Evil Rich Guy is tapped out, the well runs dry, and the Free Stuff isn't available, you'll burn tires in the street and whine like they do in Greece, Spain and elsewhere.
Whatever happens, you own it. In four more years the unemployment rate is still around 10% and the debt is in the tens of trillions, YOU VOTED FOR IT.
Congratulations.
An overwhelming number of the population earning less than $30,000 voted for Obama and more of the same.

Single women overwhelming voted for Obama and more of the same, mainly when it comes to abortion and free birth control.

An overwhelming number of Hispanics and Latinos voted for Obama because of the Dream Act - and more of the same. We failed to get the right message to this group of Americans who statistically share more conserative values than liberal.

We can reach women and Hispanics/Latinos with the right messenger and the right message the next time around.

Unfortunately, that didn' happen this time. Admittedly, Romney inadvertently sent the wrong message more than once. His Mormonism also hurt his getting more votes.

Sadly, we had the wrong messenger in the last two elections. That will change in 2016. Once Obama's tax hikes and Obamcare starts hitting people where it hurts the most, it could change by 2014.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805781 Nov 16, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Same points were made when Medicare was enacted. You Repubs hate that universal health care plan for seniors as well. But I have NEVER known of a Repub 65 or older that pays their medical bills out of their own pocket in protest of the Socialist Plan. Hypocrites one and all.
to bad they didn't have the option to invest that same money in a private retirement account. They would be receiving 3 times the money the government gives them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805782 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all sources say the same thing. I tried looking for any source with some good news but couldn't find even one.
So either there IS no good news or liberal sources are keeping it a secret.
It was a simple question. Appparently, you couldn't answer it.
I don't need to answer it. No point. It's the 'law of the land'. With no recourse for republicans other than to bitch about that that they can't change.

Maybe you should 'educate'(for the 50th time?) with something more topical? Like the steps needed to be taken so the GOP can win another national election. It's all the rage on the right wing sites. Go educate yourself.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805784 Nov 16, 2012
As long as the GOP is seen as working in the interests of corporations and concentrated wealth, and as long as it promotes an economic agenda that includes little or nothing relevant for most working- and middle-class Americans, any other changes it makes will most likely be in vain.

Jindal’s rebuke to Romney is fine as far as it goes, but notice what he says in his response. Jindal said:

One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream, period. No exceptions.

Jindal is obviously a much less tone-deaf politician than Romney, but he is simply asserting that “our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream.” This could depend on what Jindal means by “our policies,” but if he’s talking about what the national GOP has done when it was in power in the last decade and what it proposes to do in the future it doesn’t appear to be true. Asserting that Republican policies benefit everyone doesn’t make the GOP more appealing. When it appears that these policies don’t even seem to benefit large numbers of the GOP’s reliable voters, telling people that they benefit from policies that do little or nothing for them isn’t the way to gain their trust or support. Not recognizing this is the root of the party’s weaknesses with voters.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#805785 Nov 16, 2012
First Bush gave and now talk about a gift. Mitt Romney is a gift that just keeps on giving to the Democrat Party.
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#805787 Nov 16, 2012
Ann Romney is distraught because she fears Mitt is having an affair, so she went to a gun shop and bought her a handgun. The next day she comes home to find Mitt in bed with Sarah Palin, She grabs the gun and holds it to her her head. Mitt jumps out of bed, begging and pleading with her not to shoot herself. Hysterically Ann responds to Mitt "Shut up you;re next.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805788 Nov 16, 2012
Here’s how Republicans can gain back their popularity: Admit Obamacare was their idea. Go on, just admit it. They renounced it once Obama embraced it. It’s now law. It’s popular. Reclaim what is (ahem) rightfully Republican!

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20121116/O...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805789 Nov 16, 2012
MOFFIT (HERITAGE FOUNDATION): We’ve been honored by your request…to participate in giving our best advise and our technical assistance in designing a new and different kind of health insurance market. A market that is patient-centered and consumer-based, which will ease access to affordable coverage for thousands of Bay State citizens. This is new. It’s a new market, where individuals and families will be able to own and control their health insurance and take it with them to from job to job… Nothing like it has ever been attempted anywhere else in the United States. So Massachusetts has raised the bar for every state in the union. And that’s the applause you’ve given to your public officials here today is going to echo far beyond the hallow halls of this historic place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Far beyond......
carol

Orlando, FL

#805791 Nov 16, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, I do not vote. There is no point.
I observe, learn and comment for entertainment only.
People are interesting, even those that clearly
can only see the negative.
Eternally pessimistic.
Why not question WHY the country soundly said NO to the GOP? This election was a profound massive defeat of virtually everything Romney and the GOP stood for or supported.
Why do the majority embrace OBCare?
I can’t think of any president in my lifetime that has fomented greater division among the populace, exposed class warfare and the obviously widening racial divisions within the GOP.
Those who don't play the game aren't allowed to criticize those who do. It's a rule...somewhere.

The country voted against the GOP because for several reasons. We didn't have the right messenger who played it safe instead of painting a clear and dangerous picture of another four years, who passed up a golden opportunity in the last debate to ask the president point black about what he knew about Benghazi, and the media perpetrated the invisible war on women digging up two obscure republicans who put their foot in their mouths.

However if the election had been held right before Hurricane Sandy, the outcome might have been very different.

Obama makes a mistake if he thinks he won because of his policies. He won because Romney dropped the ball, because Romney is a Mormon and because his smear campaign worked. He also won because of a well-organized and methodical plan to get his base to the voting booths.

The country is still very much divided...more so now...and Obama will wish he hadn't won a second term if he succeeds in implementing his policies and continue to ignore and dismiss half of the country again another four years.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805792 Nov 16, 2012
Romney was not a drag on the Republican party. The Republican party was a drag on him.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/333344...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805793 Nov 16, 2012
Postelection panic among conservatives about the Latino vote has reached the point of absurdity — and mostly reveals the naïveté of detached political grandees who know little about the ideology and motivations of those they are now supposed to adroitly woo.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/333244...
Imhotep

United States

#805794 Nov 16, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Ann Romney is distraught because she fears Mitt is having an affair, so she went to a gun shop and bought her a handgun. The next day she comes home to find Mitt in bed with Sarah Palin, She grabs the gun and holds it to her her head. Mitt jumps out of bed, begging and pleading with her not to shoot herself. Hysterically Ann responds to Mitt "Shut up you;re next.
Time for the seasonal quip (change names) as needed...

Mitt finds written,in urine, in the fresh snow outside his mansion "Mitt is a loser".

Outraged Mitt has his security guards take a sample to the lab for forensic analysis only to report both good and bad news.

The urine is Baracks but it is Ann's handwriting.
carol

Orlando, FL

#805795 Nov 16, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You stupid Repubs NEVER consider the cost of 30 million Americans without health insurance to the rest of America.
When serious health care reform's time finally arrived and both parties knew it had to be addressed once and for all, the long-awaited golden opportunity was blown by partisan politics and radical solutions.

Lowering the cost of health care is what you liberals never want to address. That is and always has been the real problem.

So instead of lowering costs, our taxes are now going to go up, businesses are going to pass on the added expenses to their customers, health care is going to go down the toilet and what was once a big mess and could have been reformed without any cost and with do-able solutions that would have lowered costs, we're pretty much screwed and lawyers are licking their litigation chops as we speak.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805796 Nov 16, 2012
The Republican shortfall with the working class in 2012 was due not simply to the nominee’s personal background but to wider issues with Republican policies. In the wake of a decade of lost economic ground and the near-meltdown of 2008, many non-affluent voters seem to have a deep distrust of the ability of Republican policies to work for them. Romney’s poor showing among this demographic underlines the fact that Republicans have not yet found an antidote to this distrust. Further tax cuts will not counter it, nor will promises to end Obamacare. As Ross Douthat suggested the other day, the concerns of average Americans are not the same today as they were in 1979, so Republican policies will have to change with them. By the end of the campaign, Governor Romney was beginning to tout a more forward-looking economic message, one that emphasized industrial renewal, energy development, and middle-class restoration. It was this message that made the election as close as it became on November 6.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/333254...
carol

Orlando, FL

#805797 Nov 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Got anything from the John Birch Society to go along with this other right wing horsesht that you call educating.
www.jbs.org/ very cool website
Got any sources that disprove any of that "horsesht"?

I'm all but begging for some good news.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#805798 Nov 16, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals would consider the cost of ANYTHING, as long as you don't have to pay it.
if obama told these libs that turds were healthy and taste good they would line up with spoons in hand.
Imhotep

United States

#805799 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who don't play the game aren't allowed to criticize those who do. It's a rule...somewhere.
The country voted against the GOP because for several reasons. We didn't have the right messenger who played it safe instead of painting a clear and dangerous picture of another four years, who passed up a golden opportunity in the last debate to ask the president point black about what he knew about Benghazi, and the media perpetrated the invisible war on women digging up two obscure republicans who put their foot in their mouths.
However if the election had been held right before Hurricane Sandy, the outcome might have been very different.
Obama makes a mistake if he thinks he won because of his policies. He won because Romney dropped the ball, because Romney is a Mormon and because his smear campaign worked. He also won because of a well-organized and methodical plan to get his base to the voting booths.
The country is still very much divided...more so now...and Obama will wish he hadn't won a second term if he succeeds in implementing his policies and continue to ignore and dismiss half of the country again another four years.
Your 'rule' explained ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uu72AMa3Aqk...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 min newpoly 1,908
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min greenwichvillage 97,937
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min Posted Response 49,533
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min LRS 177,406
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min danetoo 68,376
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 1 hr Facts4USA 2
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 1 hr tsheridan 3
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••