Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805824 Nov 16, 2012
GOP Governors Scramble to Comply With Obamacare

As states near a critical decision regarding Obamacare by Friday, many GOP governors once opposed to the healthcare law are gradually accepting House Speaker John Boehner’s declaration that Obamacare is now “the law of the land.”

“The election is over and President Obama won,” one of Obamacare’s strongest opponents, Florida Gov. Rick Scott, said earlier this week in dropping his opposition to the law.

“I’m responsible for the families of Florida,” Scott said, whose state has nearly 4 million uninsured people.“If I can get to ‘yes,’ I want to get to ‘yes.’”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamacare-go...
carol

Orlando, FL

#805827 Nov 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans had plenty of opportunities between their blocking of Hillary-care to the enactment of Obamacare.
So please, cut the crap.
Republicans had no interest in resolving healthcare issues.
But you idiots run screaming through the streets blaming Democrats yet if Republicans had addressed these things when they held the White House, then healthcare would be reformed in the Republican way & be the law of the land.
So instead of blaming Democrats, you sorry-assed, whining, lying right wingers need to blame your own party.
We got Obamacare because you morons did not enact healthcare when you held Congress & the White House.
Just as many democrats ditched Hillarycare as republicans.

So you cut the crap.

We kind of got sidetracked with 3000 Americans killed in the most unimagineable way on 9/11/2001.

Please tell me when democrats ever took up the cause of health care again after Hillarycare was put in file 13 - by both parties? Democrats had control of Congress during part of the Bush years too. Why didn't they come up with another plan?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805828 Nov 16, 2012
and it only gets better....

Christie Says He Disagrees With Romney’s ‘Gifts’ Comment: Can’t Be ‘Divisive’ Leader

"You have to talk about themes, policies that unite people and play to their aspirations and their goals and their hopes for their family and their neighbors. And I always think this is scapegoating after elections. When you lose, you lost. Someone asked me, why did Mitt Romney lose? That's why."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...

FOX/Rush are going to be working overtime to explain why so many conservatives don't agree with FOX/Rush.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805831 Nov 16, 2012
Hostess is history! Another fine American business killed by a union. You libtards are destroying this country. The workers wanted to go back to work but the bigwigs threaten them with fines if they crossed the picket line. So now 18,500 people are out of work. Sure most will be rehired by the new companies but how long will that take? Friggin' unions are ruining this country.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805833 Nov 16, 2012
even more....

Gov. Martinez Says Romney Remark ‘Sets Us Back’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

and the day is young.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805834 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
New taxes under Obamacare:
A 3.8% surtax on dividends. Taxes on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.8%.
A 0.9% surtax on Medicare taxes - 1.45% to 2.35%.
Flexible Spending Account contributions will be capped at $2,500. If you have been socking away $10,000 in your FSA to pay medical bills, you'll have to cut that to $2,500.
The itemized-deduction for medical expenses is going up to 10% of adjusted gross income.
The penalty on non-medical withdrawals from Healthcare Savings Accounts is now 20% instead of 10%.
A tax of 10% on indoor tanning services. This has been in place for two years.
A 40% tax on "Cadillac Health Care Plans" starting in 2018. If your employer pays for all or most of your healthcare plan, you will have to pay a 40% tax on the amount your employer pays.
(The 2018 start date is said to have been a gift to unions which often have comprehensive plans.)
A "Medicine Cabinet Tax" eliminates the ability to pay for over-the-counter medicines from a pre-tax Flexible Spending Account started in January 2011.
A "penalty" tax for those who don't buy health insurance. This will phase in from 2014-2016. It will range from $695 per person to about $4,700 per person depending on your income.
A tax on medical devices costing more than $100. Starting in 2013, medical device manufacturers will have to pay a 2.3% excise tax on medical equipment. This is expected to raise the cost of medical procedures.
The big ones--the 3.8% investment income hike and the Medicare tax increase--only hit you if you're making more than $200,000 a year. The rest hit you no matter how much you're making.
http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n...
Carol, the dishonest poster would have us believe that the a surtax of 3.8% will take the rate on dividends from 15% to 43.8%

Let it up to the liars at Heritage to misinformed the easily misinformable Carol.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#805835 Nov 16, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for the seasonal quip (change names) as needed...
Mitt finds written,in urine, in the fresh snow outside his mansion "Mitt is a loser".
Outraged Mitt has his security guards take a sample to the lab for forensic analysis only to report both good and bad news.
The urine is Baracks but it is Ann's handwriting.
Michelle Obama visited Ann Romney recently and found her painting her mansion walls. She was wearing a new fur coat and a nice denim jacket. Michelle Obama thinking this was a little strange, asked Ann why she was wearing them rather than old clothes or overalls. Ann Romney showed Michelle Obama the instructions on the paint can. For best results put on two coats.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#805836 Nov 16, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=ghrDIQ-K8mgXX&fea ture=fvwp
:)
carol

Orlando, FL

#805837 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never end.
It's a holy war.
It will end when Israel gives back the land they stole.
That will never happen.
Problem is, they stole nothing. Perhaps you should do some research instead of parroting liberal talking points.

This history goes back a long, long, long, long way. Biblical prophecy is filled with talk about Jeruselem being a cornerstone in the history of mankind.

But I imagine you probably think that's just a big coincidence.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805838 Nov 16, 2012
Fox's O'Reilly Takes Credit For Romney's "Gifts" Comments, Says He's "Right On The Money"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/15/foxs...

Sorry Bill, the real conservatives don't agree.

Poor little FOXbots. Nowhere to hide anymore.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#805839 Nov 16, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
She simply pointed out the truth. Are you saying the Democrats & Obama did not run a smear campaign?
You guys couldn't have gotten any lower! The lies were abundant from your side, Harry Reid included.
What a liar!

Using Mitt's own words: 47% of citizens are victims.....blah blah blah

That is not a "smear"

That is the truth.

Look what the moron is saying now: I lost because of gifts promised by Obama.......

He is so clueless! Just like every Republican.

The real smear campaign was right wing PAC's lying every two minutes non stop.

But the relevant voters can figure out who the scumbags are: Republicans!

Hey mannnnnn! Keep up that: it's 1950 in America schtick! Republicans hate women, gays, non Christians, and non whites. It's so easy to spot liars! Today's voters have grown up with black heroes on their walls. They accept gay rights and attend gay marriages. They want rights between a woman and her Dr. left intact. They see a Buddhist temple and are not bothered.

So keep up the lying. Republicans: Irrelevant!
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#805840 Nov 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny from the party the voted for UNFUNDED tax cuts, UNFUNDED expansions in Medicare & UNFUNDED wars, and record UNFUNDED earmarks.
How can you blame just Republican's for any of that? Who was writing the checks? Who was in running Congress when those things were voted for and approved?

Funny that liberals blame the Congress for everything they don't want tagged to their mesiah, and yet when a R is sitting in the White House and the Congress is controlled by Dems....it's all on the guy at the top then.

Our countries problems were brought about by BOTH parties. BOTH!!! Neither party represents the American people and neither party really gives a sh*t what the American people want. Our country is run by two parties that are both owned by special interest...interest not working in the interest of the rest of us.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805841 Nov 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as many democrats ditched Hillarycare as republicans.
So you cut the crap.
We kind of got sidetracked with 3000 Americans killed in the most unimagineable way on 9/11/2001.
Please tell me when democrats ever took up the cause of health care again after Hillarycare was put in file 13 - by both parties? Democrats had control of Congress during part of the Bush years too. Why didn't they come up with another plan?
Republicans took over Congress in 1995. They defeated healthcare reform yet did not even talk about healthcare reform.

And really, playing the 9-11 card? Really.

Republicans had time, at a time of war, to push through their unfunded tax cuts, unfunded medicare expansion, record unfunded earmarks. So Carol, step out of your denial & admit that Republicans had no intent on restructuring our healthcare. None.

If they did, you wouldn't be here lying & bitching about Obamacare.
carol

Orlando, FL

#805842 Nov 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, the dishonest poster would have us believe that the a surtax of 3.8% will take the rate on dividends from 15% to 43.8%
Let it up to the liars at Heritage to misinformed the easily misinformable Carol.
May I ask you something? Do you ever do research for yourself?

Wall Street Journal - Obama's Dividend Assault: A plan to triple the tax rate would hurt all shareholders.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- Eighteen CEOs urged Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner this week to rethink the Obama administration's proposal to raise the 15% tax rate on dividends and capital gains for high-income households.

A hike in investment tax rates "could spark a new wave of volatility in our financial markets and give a competitive edge to overseas corporations at a time when we need capital formation here in America to create jobs and expand our economy," the CEOs said in an opinion article for Politico.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/10/news/economy/...
bullship inc

Brimson, MN

#805843 Nov 16, 2012
That was quite a stage performance by the Napoleonic caricature of a man who calls himself president Obama.
Obama supporters must be some of the most feeble minded organisms on the planet to lap up Obama's B.S.
Far be it from the gallant man Obama or any of his noble cronies to besmirch anyones reputation.
Integrity and morality is simply oozing from every orafice on the left.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805844 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol liked Ryan's plan
She was grandfathered in to Medicare and voted to sell out everyone under 55.
Including her own husband; now that's love for ya. Rightwinger style
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805846 Nov 16, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you blame just Republican's for any of that? Who was writing the checks? Who was in running Congress when those things were voted for and approved?
Funny that liberals blame the Congress for everything they don't want tagged to their mesiah, and yet when a R is sitting in the White House and the Congress is controlled by Dems....it's all on the guy at the top then.
Our countries problems were brought about by BOTH parties. BOTH!!! Neither party represents the American people and neither party really gives a sh*t what the American people want. Our country is run by two parties that are both owned by special interest...interest not working in the interest of the rest of us.
The human capacity for self-delusion never ceases to amaze me, so it shouldn't surprise me that so many Republicans seem to genuinely believe that they are the party of fiscal responsibility. Perhaps at one time they were, but those days are long gone.

This fact became blindingly obvious to me six years ago this month when a Republican president and a Republican Congress enacted the Medicare drug benefit, which former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker has called "the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/19/republican-b...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805847 Nov 16, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar!
Using Mitt's own words: 47% of citizens are victims.....blah blah blah
That is not a "smear"
That is the truth.
Look what the moron is saying now: I lost because of gifts promised by Obama.......
He is so clueless! Just like every Republican.
The real smear campaign was right wing PAC's lying every two minutes non stop.
But the relevant voters can figure out who the scumbags are: Republicans!
Hey mannnnnn! Keep up that: it's 1950 in America schtick! Republicans hate women, gays, non Christians, and non whites. It's so easy to spot liars! Today's voters have grown up with black heroes on their walls. They accept gay rights and attend gay marriages. They want rights between a woman and her Dr. left intact. They see a Buddhist temple and are not bothered.
So keep up the lying. Republicans: Irrelevant!
They still don't get it. Mitt ran on what the party stands for. The people voted against it. Get over it.
Now they want to recreate themselves; how is that possible?
If they all of a sudden become in favor of gay rights, gay marriage, womens rights, civil rights, amnesty, universal healthcare etc., well, then they're Democrats!
They're really fkd.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#805848 Nov 16, 2012
Bruser wrote:
We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
Create a Petition
Open Petitions
Responses
How & Why
Help make We the People even better. Share your feedback on how this new platform can improve.
Share Your Feedback
Create an Account
we petition the obama administration to:
Put an end to the destruction of unborn babies through Abortions.
women are now having abortions because they do not like the sex of the fetus. If they had to pay for those abortions we will see how quickly the abortions would diminish.
The government is wasting millions of dollars, to permit women to act as prostitutes, and have no fear of becoming pregnant, for they can get an abortion. This act not only destroys the unborn child, but also destroys the woman that has them. Their minds, and morals will suffer because of an act sanctioned by the US Government.
Created: Nov 13, 2012
Issues: Human Rights
Learn about Petition Thresholds
Signatures needed by December 13, 2012 to reach goal of 25,000
Total signatures on this petition
Sign this Petition
A whitehouse.gov account is required to sign Petitions.
The 'Mommy Never Said She Loves Me' thread is down the hall and to the left.

Tend to your own uterus, and leave mine out of your control fantasies,'k?

Thanks.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#805849 Nov 16, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah had a lot of friends that worked there. Closing that plant caused a lot of hardship, broken marriage, and lost homes.
I had many friends that were victims of the closing too. Fortunately due to this area's rather large industrial base, the shipyards, Stihl, Canon and the many defense-oriented businesses, most of my friends did ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,723
Deat Abby 12-16 11 min Sublime1 62
Amy 12-18 12 min Mister Tonka 3
Abby 12-18 14 min Mister Tonka 3
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 34 min Le Duped 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min PEllen 98,832
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 1 hr Sublime1 21
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:06 am PST

NFL 7:06AM
Charles Tillman: Bears players still have faith in Cutler
NBC Sports 7:20 AM
Will Jimmy Clausen fare better than Jay Cutler as Bears' QB?
NBC Sports 7:35 AM
What do the Bears do with Jay Cutler moving forward?
ESPN 7:40 AM
Sources: Bears 'confused' at coach's discipline
NBC Sports 7:45 AM
Jarrett Payton: Stop talking about Jay Cutler's potential