Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263856 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#805973 Nov 16, 2012
Like my new avatar? It's the only one the Topix liberals would OK.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#805975 Nov 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
If you’re out of practice at applying your ideas to real life, you’re message will hold little weight in the eyes of others. This is something for the GOP to remember if they aim to repair the divorce they’ve had with the working class. As reflected by last week’s exit polls, it’s going to require more than empathy, theory, or dressing up the party line, much to the talking heads’ dismay.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/tough-...
Hostess Brands, the bankrupt maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, said it has sought court permission to go out of business after failing to get wage and benefit cuts from thousands of its striking bakery workers.

Hostess said a national strike by members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union that began last week had crippled its ability to produce and deliver products at several facilities.

The liquidation of the company will mean that most of its 18,500 employees will lose their jobs, Hostess said on Friday.

The 82-year-old company said it took the decision to shut down after determining that not enough employees had returned to work by a deadline on Thursday.......

You know how Ford got through w/out bailouts for FAILouts?

They sucked it up, capped, curbed and budgeted even more, to the point of near starvation (theoretically speaking) and TOUGHED it out.
They did NOT continue on any irresponsible, reckless, unaccountable "spend spend spend what was NOT there" sprees.

REALITY....there's no such thing as NOT having to pay the piper, for that which has been drained.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#805976 Nov 16, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Petraous looks like the most unlikely guy to be in a sex scandal!
Look at him!!
Women like those involved are prostitutes attracted to power and money.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805977 Nov 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that all NRA dues are paid voluntarily instead of by extortion, and are much lower than union dues.
Besides, who believes the published salaries of union leaders?
Who believes what the NRA does? You idiots think they are about guns.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#805978 Nov 16, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You are almost right, tea bag azzhole.
Corporate America has busted most private sector unions by pushing right to work states.
Right to work states have two things in common; they vote republican are always among the top ten poorest states in the UNION.
Virginia is an exception. Right to work and amongst the wealthiest.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#805980 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Petraous looks like the most unlikely guy to be in a sex scandal!
Look at him!!
His female Junior Officer staff members claim the daily weightlifter Petreaus looked pretty "hot" running in his jogging shorts with his wet hair all spiked up. After he changed into uniform and combed his hair like Hitler, well, not so much. Paula Broadwell also said he was "quite a specimen" (Translation: He had a big d'k).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#805984 Nov 16, 2012
Peppy wrote:
Obama achieves his goal of taking out the evil twinkie, claims devil dogs are next on the list.
Isn't that pathetic? An 82 year old company-now defunct, because of the GREED and IGNORANCE resulting from slacketics of NO apparent work ethics or moral fiber.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#805985 Nov 16, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"leosampleanus"
You come thru as expected. The poster does not own anything, in your world their assets are rightfully owned by the state.
Peace
KMA
Once again your knowledge of "my" world is as lacking as your concept of what constitutes believable characters. In my world all its assets are simply on loan and should be returned to their provider in as good shape as they were when one obtained them. OTOH, there is that red print "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's" imperative.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#805987 Nov 16, 2012
Take your stinking cigarettes 25' from the door, but enjoy your pit bulls 47 percenters, more of liberalism at it's most hypocritical.

Man recovering after neighbor’s pit bull attacked him

Posted on: 8:52 am, May 9, 2012, by Tammy Vigil, updated on: 12:55pm, May 9, 2012

LONGMONT, Colo.— A Longmont man is recovering from severe injuries after a neighbor’s pit bull attacked him Friday outside... Read More ›
Pit bull that attacked child will be put down

Posted on: 12:39 pm, May 2, 2012, by Marc Sternfield

WESTMINSTER, Colo.– A pit bull that attacked a 10-year-old boy in Westminster on Monday will be euthanized, police said.... Read More ›
Pit bull in Westminster, Colo. April 30, 2012
10-year-old boy wounded in pit bull attack

Posted on: 8:23 pm, April 30, 2012, by David Mitchell, updated on: 02:26pm, May 1, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo.— A 10-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face and abdomen when he was attacked by a pit... Read More ›
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805988 Nov 16, 2012
The Party of Big Business

Most of the GOP base are people that look for employment as a means to providing for a family. They see their economic interests threatened by Republicans who want to expose their retirements to the stock market, who want them to pay for their health-care out of their take home wages, who give massive bailouts to connected corporate interests, while singing about self-reliance to the working man.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-pa...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#805989 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I think newyawk got him banned
Oh no, not the Debil! He's one of the few things left that's not same old same old rightwinger bitching and lefties/independents explaining everything to these ignorant rightwingers over and over and over again.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#805991 Nov 16, 2012
sage won wrote:
Liberalism at it's finest, forcing behavior on the others:
(CNN)– The goal of new USDA rules on school lunches is to make students healthy, but for many, the rules are also making them hungry.
Students have been complaining about the new rules for school lunches all over social media.
In the video above from KXJB, three athletes at Milnor School in North Dakota — Wyatt Mund, Andrew Martinson, and Colin Yagow — take their complaint all the way to first lady Michelle Obama, who championed the new school lunch guidelines. Their music video is titled “First Lady that I Used to Know,” a parody of the Gotye hit song.
Principal Ned Clooten appreciates the intent of the new lunch rules and says that there are a lot of changes that are very good in the school lunch program.
“But the number of calories that we’re providing some high school students just isn’t enough,” says Clooten. He supports the students who made the video.
The athletes hope their voices will be heard and bring about change in their school cafeteria.
Forced behavior wrought by Mrs. Big Butt.
Students should bring their own lunches and boycott the government feeding program.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#805992 Nov 16, 2012
Homer wrote:
Good morning jackwagons, ignorant rightwingers, normal people, and conspiracy theorists*.
Hey 1910! The year when Peppy's great great uncle Nigel sold all his oil rights in Saudi Arabia over to Achmed Faisel stating "This stuff will never amount to anything! "Look, I can't even wash it off my hands!"
*New addition, just trying it out
Interesting stuff isn't Homer. All in this century even!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#805993 Nov 16, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
5 year lifetime benefit.
Work programs mandatory.
See, you can learn new stuff.
Did you mail that check to the Westboro Baptist Church yet? They're planning another protest at a soldier's funeral and need bus fare.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#805995 Nov 16, 2012
Funny how Carol always has to go back to 'work' whenever i show up.

41 minutes ago, I answered one of her posts.

She hasn't posted since then.

Coincidence?? I think not.

She can't answer when challenenged on her lies and ignorance, so only observes when I come online.

Because I destroy her bullshit in a way she has no way to come back from.

So, like the chickenshit she is, she keeps her fat fingers off the keyboard until I leave!!

She's lucky I only show up on occasion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805997 Nov 16, 2012
sage won wrote:
Liberalism at it's finest, forcing behavior on the others:
(CNN)– The goal of new USDA rules on school lunches is to make students healthy, but for many, the rules are also making them hungry.
Students have been complaining about the new rules for school lunches all over social media.
In the video above from KXJB, three athletes at Milnor School in North Dakota — Wyatt Mund, Andrew Martinson, and Colin Yagow — take their complaint all the way to first lady Michelle Obama, who championed the new school lunch guidelines. Their music video is titled “First Lady that I Used to Know,” a parody of the Gotye hit song.
Principal Ned Clooten appreciates the intent of the new lunch rules and says that there are a lot of changes that are very good in the school lunch program.
“But the number of calories that we’re providing some high school students just isn’t enough,” says Clooten. He supports the students who made the video.
The athletes hope their voices will be heard and bring about change in their school cafeteria.
Forced behavior wrought by Mrs. Big Butt.
So you missed 'Get Out of my Panties'?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#805998 Nov 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Women like those involved are prostitutes attracted to power and money.
Fire them too.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#805999 Nov 16, 2012
Anybody remember the pitcher Oil Can Boyd? I don't really need an answer, I just like the name Oil Can Boyd.

Maybe I should call Peppy 'Oil Can', he'd probably like that.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#806001 Nov 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that pathetic? An 82 year old company-now defunct, because of the GREED and IGNORANCE resulting from slacketics of NO apparent work ethics or moral fiber.
More likely due to people's diets changing fatty.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#806002 Nov 16, 2012
Ohio State Senator’s Shirt Redefines GOP: Get Out Of My Panties

“For the Republicans at the state level to disregard this message is astonishing to me. They are arrogant, they are inebriated with power, and that is exactly what we see going on here.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/11/13/11...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dr Guru 194,552
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 3 hr VeganTiger 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 9 hr Julie 6
abby7-31-15 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 hr Mark 52,069
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages