Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
744,881 - 744,900 of 1,096,195 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
After being reminded last Sunday I must forgive those who trespass agaist me, I made an announcement that I forgive all liberals for what they're about to do to my country.
Homer too.
But Homer isn't really mean-spirited. He's a marshmellow liberal...I mean marshmallow.
It's not your country. Its our country, all of us. That's the problem with you rightwingers. You're not happy unless you are taking rights away from others. You are anti American.

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
Apparently Hilary is bitter about having taken all the blame for the embassy fiasco.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/14/15...
It's the first time I've ever experienced anything remotely close to empathy for that pig. After all, every U.S. ambassador has a direct line to the president, over and above the Secretary of State. Obama would get a call from one of ambassadors before Hilary would if they had any major concerns about their personal safety. There is absolutely no way he didn't know that security was below adequate at the Benghazi embassy.
Yawn.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't complain about jobs going overseas. I leave that to you whiny assed libtards who think businesses are supposed to to wipe their employees noses. The purpose of the business is to make the owner(s) money. Nothing else. Now if they decide to do more that is their business not yours or the governments.
Let them do it.

How about we don't give them a tax break for doing it. How about we quit buying their products.

For how much bitching the right does about unemployment & the minimum wage,I would think you would favor factories making products here in the US with US workers.

But nope, you don't get it.

That is why you support candidates from the party that lost 1 out of every three manufacturing jobs under George W Bush.

One of our 3!

And then, you voted for Romney who would make foreign made profits tax free.

You claim to be an American but don't support American made products.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Never listen to Rush. Don't particularly like his style. Never have.
But why is that liberals think no one can see and hear with their own eyes and their own ears what is plainly easy to see and hear? From the source itself, I mean?
that's simple. Libs don't think for themselves,they have to wait to be told what to think by their masters, so they assume no one else is capable of self thought as well.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the book.
Walmart went to Rubbermaid & demanded a much lower price. Rubbermaid said no. Walmart started importing inferior products causing Rubbermaid to close the factory.
But hey, you keep blaming unions. Tp you, it can't be greedy ass CEO's looking to pad the bottomline at the expense of their countrymen.
People like you say that it is OK for Walmart to do this.
So in your world Walmart should be forced to buy and sell Rubbermaid? This is not a communist country, at least not yet.

With that logic, car dealers should not be allowed to sell less expensive foreign cars. People would have to buy american made televisions.

You are such an ignoramus. You have no idea just how ridiculous your statement is. We have a "free market", no one is forced to buy or sell anything against their will.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know Carol. Just prepare as much as you can. Even if it's just stacking a few cases of canned pasta in the corner.
Probably should have started doing that already.

Guess I just don't want to believe it's going to get that bad...but I know deep down it's a very real possibility.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Flack, to your point, liberals have a twisted view on world order. They refuse to accept the consequences of their policies. Their response to adverse consequences is throw a hissy fit like a child.
I know Peppy. It is getting harder to ignore the pure stupidity of their views. Just like them union fools over there at Hostess. You watch tomorrow they will be crying the company closed but will blame the company and not the union. The CEO was just on and said most of the brands will be bought and continue just from under the union thumb.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize those petitions on the White House page have no legal standing.
You don't even have to be from that state to sign them.
I'd sign that petition for every red state.
the system must have been set up by democrat voters, same standards.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you don't read the vile filth that is spewed to me and the other liberal women on here. The people on the left may argue with Carol, but they don't call her the filthy names that you sicko rightwingers call us.(not you, but the others)
And, cruelty to animals is a rightwing phenomenon. Huckabees son skinned and hung a dog, and Mitt made his poor dog ride on the roof. You own that. I haven't seen any compassion from the rightwingers at all, except for maybe Easy Eed who I don't always agree with, but he is not a racist or a homophobe.
Do I spew on you? I think not. My comment was to Homer, a guy who purports to be a civil guy, nuff said. After his time out period is over, we can discuss this further.

BTW, Peppy is over flowing with compassion today, peace to you Lily.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
SEE, you are just a pretend doc regurgitating the lie of stealing 800 billion from medicare.
Your payments don't get reduced. And you get 30 million new PAYING customers.
No medicare benefits were lost & in fact benefits added.
800 billion was saved without losing benefits. I love it how you moron right whiners complain about spending then have a fit when real savings are made to a program while increasing the benefits offered.
It shows just how stupid you are.
Preventative care will increase. Oh wait, helping people not get sick isn't very profitable even to you pretend docs.
Come on now. Please show some respect here when a 1%'r is talking to you. I have quite a stake in the game with regards to Obamacare, so that also means I have studied the bill. Also, I am paying for your food and goodies every day, so be thankful I am around.

Now let me educate you:

Shifting funds from Medicare to Obamacare is a FACT. You check it out. There are many ways to deal with this, but reduction of payment to "providers" is one of the main ones. At present, the payments to physicians from medicare is scheduled to be cut by 25%. Would YOU take a pay cut like that? It doesn't matter much that we get 30 million new customers when all their payments regulated from the government is made on our backs, likely to make any independent doc taking medicare be gone. Rates will be set by government and you can be fined tens of thousands even if a patient VOLUNTARILY pays extra. The only reason WE will still get paid is because hospitals absorb the losses. That's already happening. Can they absorb indefinitely? You figure that out. Can they absorb a 25% loss and still pay their staff the same? You figure it out.

Medicare benefits like "free checkups" were "added", well at least covered my medicare, but so what?? Who will actually do the check-ups? Would you for free? Also, take a look at hospital cuts for procedures a "board" of lawyers, non-practicing docs and other "experts" decided we should not get paid for. No dialysis after 60? I'm not a scaremonger, but you figure that out. Their new medicare chief is a fan of the NHS in the UK.(another doctor that has not seen patient in a long while).

No, instead of trying to argue this, you simply will choose to throw sling, drag mud and haul shite. I am surprised you have not brought up the racist accusation yet. Tends to come earlier. I warn you though, be careful calling me a "racist". Not that you care, now you would probably be even MORE inclined to do so.

Finally, I will probably drop by here some other time as well. It is PRECIOUS seeing liberals have moments of clarity through their euphoric delusional haze, but I got a real life to lead as well. Got to go home, play with daughter, work out, take care of the little gym I have been helping set in motion, then go and play in the Jazz band a little after that.

You go and keep throwing shit and acting like the real a*SS you show yourself to be every time you try to act like truthseeker in Chief. Hopefully we will keep in touch. I see repeats in the ER often same guy every night and you cannot even penetrate my dead skin, or even make one synapse of mine fatigue.

To the libs, keep partying. Just know there will be one less MRO (medical review officer) and toxicologist on phone from January 2013. Will gradually phase out of ER as well once my gym is up running and I have had the cosmetic training from Allergan. However, if you wanna get hold of me later on, just drop by for some Botox (as long as it is not covered under Obamacare) or filers. Even now, I am almost as good as my wife and she puts in new boobs for a living.....

To everybody else,

Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness!

God Bless America.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Republican leader in the US Senate claims winning the White House is more important that helping us recover, you should have had a fit.
RealDave Obama thought it was important to start campaigning for the WH in 2009 so explain the difference between Obama and the Senate!! Dave explain Obama’s recovery!! Today the economic news, Latino Poverty Rate Climbs to 28%...Food Stamp Usage Surged to another All Time High, U.S. Jobless Claims Soar!! So Dave Obama was willing to put his re-election a Head of the Country and the numbers validate it!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's not your country. Its our country, all of us. That's the problem with you rightwingers. You're not happy unless you are taking rights away from others. You are anti American.
Well, I mean the country I used to know.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the book.
Walmart went to Rubbermaid & demanded a much lower price. Rubbermaid said no. Walmart started importing inferior products causing Rubbermaid to close the factory.
But hey, you keep blaming unions. Tp you, it can't be greedy ass CEO's looking to pad the bottomline at the expense of their countrymen.
People like you say that it is OK for Walmart to do this.
So it was an union. Not Rubbermaid. Dumbass libtards would rather close the business and have no job or take a pay cut and keep their job. Stupid thinking like this is why we are in the shape we are in. And you libtards just doubled down for the next four years.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
After being reminded last Sunday I must forgive those who trespass agaist me, I made an announcement that I forgive all liberals for what they're about to do to my country.
Homer too.
But Homer isn't really mean-spirited. He's a marshmellow liberal...I mean marshmallow.
Last week Homer was saying the Lord helps those that help themselves. That is when the argument started. I was adamant that this particular saying does not apply to shoplifting, but Homer would not listen. I guess we just disagree on some of the finer points.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Romney’s theory that Obama won with ‘gifts’ is poison for the GOP

As you’ve probably heard, during a post-election call with top donors, Mitt Romney rationalized his loss by explaining that Barack Obama had offered “gifts” to Hispanics, blacks and young voters.

If the GOP is to overcome Romney’s loss, it is vital they ignore this interpretation.

Successful political parties and movements simply must believe that they are on the same side as the American people. Parties exist to serve the people, not the other way around. And so, the first step is to sincerely because your policies are in the best interest of the most Americans.

But Romney’s cynical election analysis seems to undermine that notion. Unfortunately, this psychologically fosters a sort of ”losers” mentality. And so, you end up with a political party that is aggrieved — that has a chip on its shoulder — that is angry at the very people it, by definition, needs in order to win.

If the GOP isn’t careful, Romney’s theory explaining away his loss could become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Followed to its logical conclusion, it means the GOP should just pack it up.(I mean, it’s impossible that it was Romney’s fault that he lost. There’s no way that he was simply an uninspiring candidate who turned off vast swaths of voter blocs, right?)

It is ironic that Romney seems to be blaming minorities, because what he is advocating for the GOP is precisely what conservatives accuse big government of doing to minority communities: Telling them they can’t succeed — that they system is rigged — that ”the man” will keep them down, no matter how hard they try.

In other words, Romney’s argument gives Republicans permission to dwell on the problems — and a convenient excuses for failure: A perfect recipe for losing!

This is bad for individuals’ souls, and it’s also bad for political parties.

Romney’s theory isn’t just wrong, it’s pernicious. Here’s hoping he finally rides off into the political sunset.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/15/why-romneys...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your world Walmart should be forced to buy and sell Rubbermaid? This is not a communist country, at least not yet.
With that logic, car dealers should not be allowed to sell less expensive foreign cars. People would have to buy american made televisions.
You are such an ignoramus. You have no idea just how ridiculous your statement is. We have a "free market", no one is forced to buy or sell anything against their will.
Until now that is.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Guess you don't read the vile filth that is spewed to me and the other liberal women on here. The people on the left may argue with Carol, but they don't call her the filthy names that you sicko rightwingers call us.(not you, but the others)
And, cruelty to animals is a rightwing phenomenon. Huckabees son skinned and hung a dog, and Mitt made his poor dog ride on the roof. You own that. I haven't seen any compassion from the rightwingers at all, except for maybe Easy Eed who I don't always agree with, but he is not a racist or a homophobe.
Amen!!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You stupid progressive libtard frac! The story is about a town in Virginia. Written by an avowed progressive libtard about why progressive litards can't understand why real Americans live the way they do. They don't understand the belief in god, hunting, NASCAR, their whole way of life. Shove that book up where the sun don't shine with all your other fracing progressive libtard ideas.
So, you won't read it.

Figures,

That's how you flacktards remain flacktards.

Winchester VA is what 10 miles south of WV? What, you think that WV mentality ends at the state line?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text>I've cut 99% of all bread out of my diet. An occasional 7-11 Big Bite while on the run. Feel a lot better. No soda either. Not much potatoes either. A lot of chicken, turkey pork, and beef. Peppers, cabbage, lettuce, and tomatoes.
No bread? Cut all at once or gradually.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> So it was an union. Not Rubbermaid. Dumbass libtards would rather close the business and have no job or take a pay cut and keep their job. Stupid thinking like this is why we are in the shape we are in. And you libtards just doubled down for the next four years.
Yap, we got "big OIl", but for sure also has "big Union". Their bosses make more than the 99% ever will

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 68,849
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min edogxxx 97,827
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Beavis 176,805
Abby 8-22 16 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min Chickenpoo 49,272
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) 20 min Redlex busted 179
Amy 8-22 23 min edogxxx 4

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE