Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
744,841 - 744,860 of 1,083,635 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Those shirts were made by children in China. You dummies keep going to Walmart to keep the Waltons on the Forbes list.
http://www.winningwordsproject .com/walmart_is_the_largest_fo od_stamp_recipient_in_the_coun try
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

well, that didn't work lol

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Razors Edge wrote:
The White House announced on Wednesday that President Obama has nominated Judge William Thomas, an out gay man, to serve on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Thomas would be the first out LGBT black man to serve as a lifetime-tenured federal judge.
In a statement, Obama noted the diversity of Thomas and six other nominees, saying, "They ... represent my continued commitment to ensure that the judiciary resembles the nation it serves."
He added, "These individuals have demonstrated the talent, expertise, and fair-mindedness Americans expect and deserve from their judicial system. I am grateful for their willingness to serve and confident that they will apply the law with the utmost impartiality and integrity. Too many of our courtrooms stand empty. I hope the Senate will promptly consider all of my nominees and ensure justice for everyday Americans."
Thomas is the first out LGBT black judge to be nominated by Obama, but, if approved by the Senate, he would be the second out LGBT black judge. The first, Judge Deborah Batts, also was the first out LGBT federal judge. She was nominated by President Clinton and sat on the Southern District of New York bench. She took "senior status," a near retirement, earlier this year.
It is unlikely, due to the time nominations take to proceed in the current Congress, that Thomas, currently a state-court judge in Florida, would see a vote on his nomination in this Congress.
Thomas joins Pamela Ki Mai Chen, an out lesbian nominated this summer to serve on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and Judge Michael McShane, an out judge nominated in September to serve on the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, in the line of judicial nominees waiting for Judiciary Committee action on their nomination and the subsequent Senate votes.
Obama has now nominated seven out lawyers for lifetime-tenured federal judgeships, three of whom already have been approved by the Senate. Judges J. Paul Oetken and Alison Nathan both now sit on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, which is in Manhattan. Judge Michael Fitzgerald sits on the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
The final out LGBT Obama judicial nominee, Edward DuMont, eventually had his nomination withdrawn after there was no movement on it over the course of two sessions of Congress. He was nominated for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in the 111th and 112th congresses, but the nomination was later withdrawn. Democrats cited Republican opposition, but Republicans noted that Democrats could have moved forward regardless of the Republicans' views.
Denis Dison of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund told BuzzFeed that Thomas was recommended for a judgeship by the Presidential Appointments Project, which the Victory Fund coordinates.
buzzfeed.com
BRAVO!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Went yesterday. Probably go tomorrow.
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

When Allen West finally loses in his bid to retain his Florida House seat, he's got a place to go.

I would be glad to have [West] come back to Georgia and at some point run here, Georgia GOP chairwoman Sue Everhart told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.I would certainly try to help him because he has done his job. The way he ran his race didnt in any way interfere with the job he did. He ran as a Republican, a conservative Republican"

Let's buy him a one way ticket!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
Not dopes like you though
Exactly, he probably still eats Scooter Pies. That's why we have so many stupid fat people in this country, they're eating Twinkies and Little Debbie Cakes!! And they don't want healthcare, but the government pays for those hoverounds because they're so fat they can't walk.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all all.
Welfare has a time limit. The vast majority of those in the program leave it by getting a job.
Try to get better informed, you're embarrassing yourself.
Not entirely correct, Dumb Dave. You should take your own arrogant advice moron:

"States with No Time Limits

Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska and Oregon have no lifetime limits for individuals receiving welfare assistance."

Read more: Which States Have Welfare Time Limits?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7723411_states-welfa...

Stop making stuff up, moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That makes two of us. Wonder what else we have in common? And wouldn't it be nice if folks worked to find more common ground, rather than hurling invective at each other over differences?
I'll go first - I think the President should come clean about Benghazi, and quit hiding under Petraeus'(and Rice's) voluminous skirts. I also think Americans need to dig up, and dust off, our national work ethic. Self-employment is awesome, and tremendously under-utilized. Additionally, I think it's better that ALL Americans (rich-poor-short-tall-white-bl ack-green-Dem-Rep) pitch in to reduce the debt, than it is to keep lobbing random spitballs (!) at why we're in debt in the first place. Let's quit worrying about whose 'fault' it is, because it's everybody's fault - we all let it happen. Now it's time to fix the national mistakes, learn from them, and go about the business of not repeating them.
JMO
Profound. I totally agree.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Poll
Do you approve of Nancy Pelosi staying on as House Minority Leader?

Yes!

77%

5053 votes

Lean yes
12%

842 votes

Not sure/No opinion

2%

183 votes

Lean no

4%

265 votes

No!

2%

164 votes

| 6510 votes | Results
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
Interesting
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Lets teach walmart and those lazy slackers a lesson and just do away with food stamps altogether , good idea Homer !!
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book "Bullshit for Dummies"

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe down there in Florida. Up here they not only pay all the taxes but the businesses surrounding them are thriving as well. There is twenty stores within 50 miles of here with a couple more planned. Wherever they build whole new business districts surround them. I spend my money where I can get the most for the least. Why would anyone pay $2.50 for a dozen eggs when you can buy them for $1.89. Same eggs. Foolish people and their money are soon parted is not just a saying.
You only think you get the same product in Walmart as other places.

I bought envelopes at Staples & they went through my printer with no problem. I needed more & picked some up late night at Walmart. Every third or fourth one jammed. Same packaging, same name brand.

Look at package weighs specs. The bag may look the same but it will contain less in Walmart than it does in the supermarket.

Walmart buys so much stuff it can get its own packaging & its own quality standards.

You can't complain about jobs going overseas & opt for the Chinese made crap at the store.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like that db retard
Maybe, didn't he claim to be an engineer?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You go to a union bar? Do you sit there sipping your beer and call everyone stupid libtards?
Yep. Was a Ford plant bar. They built F-150s. The dumbasses sat right there and swore Ford would never close the plant. Well they did close the plant. Bulldozed it flatter than a pancake. The older guys just retired. The younger ones got screwed. The union helped them jack squat. But they still wanted them union dues even when the plant was gone. Them Hostess workers will find out the same thing.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
So, go back to Romania, who the eff cares? You think screaming in caps solves anything?
Out of Gas Lily,or Hangover maybe?? LOL..
see you did not deny it at least?????
4 Mo years lilith!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
I don't buy the stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah lily they did a test,that twinkie set up will
glow in the dark when they bury your ass,and will
last for ever and a day!! Its toxic as hell..LOL..
News Flash,And the Cancer Center claims it is becoming
an Epidemic??? Wonder if all those packages,cans and the
shelf lives of it all has anything to do with it all????
Twinkie neck-and-neck with cockroach in surviving nuclear disaster.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that they make more than sweets? Like Wonder bread?

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If the republicans take out the lube and roll over, they may as well be finished. What is the point of two parties with different name, same policies?
2) Even IF they roll over, you liberals will not stop demonizing them. You guys are cowards adn just like all cowards, you cannot help yourself drooling over people being kicked in the head while lying down, no matter what happened before.
3) FInally, even if you take ALL our money (or what's left after we have left the country), it will only help moving you all faster towards Zimbabwe than not.
Honestly, if the reps raise taxes a dime, they are done for and if not, you guys wil take care of them. In any case, I think it is a good thing and will finally open for leaders who MAY care about all the people without demonizing the productive ones.
-Being among the 1% is a dirty, thankless job, but someone's gotta do it-
Republicans allowed this country to suffer so as to gain political points for the election.

Maybe that is the way your America works but not mine.

When the Republican leader in the US Senate claims winning the White House is more important that helping us recover, you should have had a fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Terry rigsby 49,000
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 min _Zoey_ 4,566
last post wins! (Apr '13) 14 min gauntlet 305
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 17 min nono 3,849
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min truth-facts 45,891
Amy 7-30 39 min Julie 20
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Frank 175,110
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••