Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
744,801 - 744,820 of 1,096,626 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Those gnomes are hilarious!
Gov. Rick Scott and United Technologies Chief Executive Louis Chênevert are scheduled to announce a project this afternoon that will create high-paying jobs at Pratt & Whitney’s campus west of Jupiter.
Officials haven’t released details of the new hiring, but Palm Beach County commissioners last month approved a $1 million package for Pratt & Whitney, the engine maker that’s a division of United Technologies (NYSE: UTX) of Hartford, Conn.
In exchange for $700,000 in county tax exemptions over seven years and $300,000 in job growth incentive grants over four years, Pratt & Whitney would add 230 workers in the next decade. The jobs will pay an average salary of $81,110.
In addition to the county incentives, the state has offered Pratt & Whitney $3.4 million, county officials said last month. Pratt would invest $63 million to renovate a 90,000-square-foot facility and to build a new facility of 80,000 to 100,000 square feet of new space
Pratt & Whitney has been a staple of Palm Beach County’s aerospace industry since 1958, when it set up a testing facility on 6,800 acres along the Beeline Highway west of Jupiter. But Pratt & Whitney has laid off or transferred thousands of workers in recent years. In 1999, the company had 4,700 workers here, a number that has dwindled to about 500 now.
I think they are going to build engines for the new Boeing 737.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The POTUS as a Public servant is actually guilty of the crime
of Malfeasance?? Check it out,If our entire media system was
not in Obamas Pockets we would have heard about it!!
John Galt

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Republicans have two choices.
Accept letting the tax cuts on the wealthy expire or let the country slide back into a recession.
And after they are blamed for the latter... 2016 will be another democratic landslide.
The radical left are the ones who want to drive over the fiscal cliff. Letting all tax cuts expire and gutting military spending is clearly their objective. So the left has no reason to compromise.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The Many Weaknesses of the Republican Party

....As long as the GOP is seen as working in the interests of corporations and concentrated wealth, and as long as it promotes an economic agenda that includes little or nothing relevant for most working- and middle-class Americans, any other changes it makes will most likely be in vain.

Jindal’s rebuke to Romney is fine as far as it goes, but notice what he says in his response. Jindal said:

One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream, period. No exceptions.

Jindal is obviously a much less tone-deaf politician than Romney, but he is simply asserting that “our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream.” This could depend on what Jindal means by “our policies,” but if he’s talking about what the national GOP has done when it was in power in the last decade and what it proposes to do in the future it doesn’t appear to be true. Asserting that Republican policies benefit everyone doesn’t make the GOP more appealing. When it appears that these policies don’t even seem to benefit large numbers of the GOP’s reliable voters, telling people that they benefit from policies that do little or nothing for them isn’t the way to gain their trust or support. Not recognizing this is the root of the party’s weaknesses with voters.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
John Galt

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what secession means dummy
Only in your retarded mind. When highly-skilled physicians choose to withhold their services instead of bowing to Obamacare, who will you call?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
NO MORE TWINKIES!!!!!
EMPORIA, Kan.)—
Hostess Brands CEO said Wednesday the company will liquidate unless striking workers return to the job by the end of the day on Thursday.
"We simply do not have the financial resources to survive an ongoing national strike," Greg Rayburn said in a statement.
Workers are protesting a contract imposed by a bankruptcy court. The bakers union has called the contract "outrageous."
A liquidation would result in more than 18,000 workers losing their jobs.
Over the weekend, workers in the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, or BCTGM, went on strike at Hostess-owned plants in several states. The strike includes workers at the Dolly Madison plant in Emporia.
Hostess filed for bankruptcy in January, the second time it has done so since 2004.
Anybody believe the stupid libtard union employees will watch the company close instead of going back to work. Stupid libtard union is kind of redundant isn't it?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. You are part of the problem Flack.
Yeah right. WalMart the largest private employer in the US. Like I'm going to pay $40 for a shirt when I can buy two of the same shirts for the same money. Throw your money away. You libtards seem to enjoy doing that.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

More phony sob stories. I worked up to hundred hours a week with no pay and no thanks during medical school. Often taking care if lazy posh's that lie in their bed telling me "I'm rich" with NO CLUE what it takes. We used to get by with noodles and cheap beans and had to be wary every week. I had it with the welfare thugs after that time. Then a residency where my total time put in with salary was close to minimal wage for 3 years. Hispanics are not more"hard-working" than others. They have destroyed our ER's and continue to. The EMTALA has become a nightmare that bankrupts the bottom lines of ER's yet you liberals think all we do there is collect money and rip people off.

Stop painting mexicans as such mother Theresa's. what about all hard-working people who happen to qualify into your skin color niche, yet gets nothing?? Finally, look at how they treat THEIR OWN immigrants. You liberals were better served pointing out hippocrisy like this, but instead has chosen to drive all the "victims" in front of you to demonize and destroy everybody else. It's weird to be working for free for people until AUGUST or so when one gets to keep something yet you liberals want more, citing 90% rate in the past as a good example. There is no way I will be doing much more of this once my tax rate goes beyond 50.
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Mexicans aren't whiners - they come here to work, and then they ACTUALLY WORK. Plus, most of them live within their means, even if it means eating beans and tortillas 6 days a week for months, pooling the money from 12 incomes to purchase a house 6 families will live in, and paying cash for a truck they all take turns driving. When was the last time you were willing to strive like this?
And 'Americans' is capitalized.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. You are part of the problem Flack.
Have a Twinkie!
I didn't know they still existed. Perhaps people should stop eating all that sugar laden chemical cake, weren't there experiments done on Twinkies? They never go bad!! You can leave that stuff out for a year and no mold will grow.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your retarded mind. When highly-skilled physicians choose to withhold their services instead of bowing to Obamacare, who will you call?
That's a load
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The Party’s Problem
By Ramesh Ponnuru

....The absence of a middle-class message was the biggest failure of the Romney campaign, and it was not its failure alone. Down-ticket Republican candidates weren’t offering anything more — not the established Republicans, not the tea-partiers, not the social conservatives. Conservative activists weren’t demanding that Romney or any of these other Republicans do anything more. Some of them were complaining that Romney wasn’t “taking the fight to Obama”; few of them were urging him to outline a health-care plan that would reassure voters that replacing Obamacare wouldn’t mean taking health insurance away from millions of people.

Romney’s infamous “47 percent” gaffe — by which he characterized voters who do not pay income taxes as freeloaders and sure Democratic voters, which they aren’t — made for a week of bad media coverage and some devastatingly effective Democratic ads. It was not, however, a line of thinking unique to Romney. It was an exaggerated version of a claim that had become party orthodoxy.

A different Republican presidential nominee might not have made exactly that gaffe, or had a financial-industry background that lent itself to attacks on outsourcing. He would almost certainly have had a similar weakness on economic policy, however, and might have had additional weaknesses too.(Romney at least won independent voters, which it’s hard to imagine Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, or Rick Santorum having done.) To put it differently: The problem isn’t so much that Romney was vulnerable to a set of attacks that appear to have discouraged working-class whites from voting; it’s that he didn’t have anything positive with which to counter those attacks.

http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/333...

Despair has led many Republicans to question their earlier confidence that America is a “center-right country.” It is certainly a country that has strong conservative impulses: skepticism of government, respect for religion, concern for the family. What the country does not have is a center-right party that explains how to act on these impulses to improve the national condition. Until it does, it won’t have a center-right political majority either.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

WE WILL HAVE CRUSHNG DEBT,WEAKER CURRENCY
ROARING INFLATION,SERVICE CUTS,CIVIL UNREST
NO JOBS,NO GROWTH,MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT
OUR CREDIT WILL BE REDUCED AS A NATION
THE GOOD NEWS,ALL THOSE FREE STUFF AND
FREE AGENDAS WILL BE BLASTING AWAY AND
TAXING THE WEALTHY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING
EXCEPT GIVE THE FREE STUFF MOBS THE FAKE
IMPRESSION THE WEALTHY ARE PAYING FOR IT?
FOUR MORE YEARS,THANKS A LOT,HOPE I DID
NOT UPSET EUROPE WITH MY COMPARISONS???
TO GREECE,SPAIN,UK,ITALIA,IRELAND ETC?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's a union bar. God you people are dense.
You go to a union bar? Do you sit there sipping your beer and call everyone stupid libtards?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah right. WalMart the largest private employer in the US. Like I'm going to pay $40 for a shirt when I can buy two of the same shirts for the same money. Throw your money away. You libtards seem to enjoy doing that.
Those shirts were made by children in China. You dummies keep going to Walmart to keep the Waltons on the Forbes list.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

VeganTiger wrote:
More phony sob stories. I worked up to hundred hours a week with no pay and no thanks during medical school. Often taking care if lazy posh's that lie in their bed telling me "I'm rich" with NO CLUE what it takes. We used to get by with noodles and cheap beans and had to be wary every week. I had it with the welfare thugs after that time. Then a residency where my total time put in with salary was close to minimal wage for 3 years. Hispanics are not more"hard-working" than others. They have destroyed our ER's and continue to. The EMTALA has become a nightmare that bankrupts the bottom lines of ER's yet you liberals think all we do there is collect money and rip people off.
Stop painting mexicans as such mother Theresa's. what about all hard-working people who happen to qualify into your skin color niche, yet gets nothing?? Finally, look at how they treat THEIR OWN immigrants. You liberals were better served pointing out hippocrisy like this, but instead has chosen to drive all the "victims" in front of you to demonize and destroy everybody else. It's weird to be working for free for people until AUGUST or so when one gets to keep something yet you liberals want more, citing 90% rate in the past as a good example. There is no way I will be doing much more of this once my tax rate goes beyond 50. <quoted text>
More fantasy from Greys Anatomy. You're FOS
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The Party of Big Business

Most of the GOP base are people that look for employment as a means to providing for a family. They see their economic interests threatened by Republicans who want to expose their retirements to the stock market, who want them to pay for their health-care out of their take home wages, who give massive bailouts to connected corporate interests, while singing about self-reliance to the working man.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-pa...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment Compensation is temporary benefit which, by the way, is taxed.
Untaxed Welfare and Food Stamp benefits are a lifestyle.
Not all all.

Welfare has a time limit. The vast majority of those in the program leave it by getting a job.

Try to get better informed, you're embarrassing yourself.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Razors Edge wrote:
WE WILL HAVE CRUSHNG DEBT,WEAKER CURRENCY
ROARING INFLATION,SERVICE CUTS,CIVIL UNREST
NO JOBS,NO GROWTH,MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT
OUR CREDIT WILL BE REDUCED AS A NATION
THE GOOD NEWS,ALL THOSE FREE STUFF AND
FREE AGENDAS WILL BE BLASTING AWAY AND
TAXING THE WEALTHY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING
EXCEPT GIVE THE FREE STUFF MOBS THE FAKE
IMPRESSION THE WEALTHY ARE PAYING FOR IT?
FOUR MORE YEARS,THANKS A LOT,HOPE I DID
NOT UPSET EUROPE WITH MY COMPARISONS???
TO GREECE,SPAIN,UK,ITALIA,IRELAND ETC?
So, go back to Romania, who the eff cares? You think screaming in caps solves anything?

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Republicans have two choices.
Accept letting the tax cuts on the wealthy expire or let the country slide back into a recession.
And after they are blamed for the latter... 2016 will be another democratic landslide.
1) If the republicans take out the lube and roll over, they may as well be finished. What is the point of two parties with different name, same policies?

2) Even IF they roll over, you liberals will not stop demonizing them. You guys are cowards adn just like all cowards, you cannot help yourself drooling over people being kicked in the head while lying down, no matter what happened before.

3) FInally, even if you take ALL our money (or what's left after we have left the country), it will only help moving you all faster towards Zimbabwe than not.

Honestly, if the reps raise taxes a dime, they are done for and if not, you guys wil take care of them. In any case, I think it is a good thing and will finally open for leaders who MAY care about all the people without demonizing the productive ones.

-Being among the 1% is a dirty, thankless job, but someone's gotta do it-
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Fox Uses Romney's "Gifts" Comments To Push Its "Makers Vs. Takers" Argument

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/15/fox-u...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE