Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805213 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
Not dopes like you though
You do know that they make more than sweets? Like Wonder bread?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805214 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If the republicans take out the lube and roll over, they may as well be finished. What is the point of two parties with different name, same policies?
2) Even IF they roll over, you liberals will not stop demonizing them. You guys are cowards adn just like all cowards, you cannot help yourself drooling over people being kicked in the head while lying down, no matter what happened before.
3) FInally, even if you take ALL our money (or what's left after we have left the country), it will only help moving you all faster towards Zimbabwe than not.
Honestly, if the reps raise taxes a dime, they are done for and if not, you guys wil take care of them. In any case, I think it is a good thing and will finally open for leaders who MAY care about all the people without demonizing the productive ones.
-Being among the 1% is a dirty, thankless job, but someone's gotta do it-
Republicans allowed this country to suffer so as to gain political points for the election.

Maybe that is the way your America works but not mine.

When the Republican leader in the US Senate claims winning the White House is more important that helping us recover, you should have had a fit.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#805215 Nov 15, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Obamacare
"So, let me get this straight (this is a long sentence), weíre going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we donít, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesnít understand it, passed by a congress that didnít read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didnít pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country thatís broke. So what the blank could possibly go wrong?Ē
Former nun, Army major, lawyer, college professor and now Dr, Barbara Bellar.
First of all Ma'am, thanks for your service to your country. I was myself a ranger in another country before moving to America and am in strong awe and admiration of our US servicemen.

Anyways, I spent some time reading the ENTIRE bill from page to page, including amendments. Not that reading so many pages is a big deal for me. I probably read/check out at least one thousands of pages a day at work alone and missing paragraph may have me dragged into court.

Why do I not like Obamacare??

*Besides that it will make most people in healthcare take a significant pay cut over time (unfunded mandate that steals from medicare to pay for Obamacare) as medicare reimbursements tank, regulations so complex that not even a super-multi-tasking ER doc can decipher them all and the incredible lack of respect for people's free choices, Obamacare is fine. Also, I will still have a job if I want to. It is the nurses, techs, LPN's and MA's in the urgent care that will be laid of. Example: Urgent cares are likely to be merged with ER's at larger centra and peripheral back up is in jeopardy. I am not going to be back-up over phone for all kinds of centers if that is assumed to be a part of my job with no compensation and all the responsibility. My wife's sister is an attorney (health care law actually) and SHE is not sure about the meaning of several basic provisions and especially how the states will respond to them.

The problem is that most people either do not want to understand these concerns, do not want to listen to people in the field (think we are all "rich" SOBS and so, I get it every hour every day) and definitely do not think we deserve a penny of our labor besides basics. The same people are also the ones to suffer the most. When a diabetic with chest pain, COPD, previous CAPG, ACDF and lipids into the roof comes to me, what could have been dealt with in 20 minutes at a clinic. I have no idea what they have done for work, but still I am supposed to fix it all and diagnose them. No way!!! Easier and quicker to page the hospitalist (another doctor they have never seen before), have him/her admit patient and then consult cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary maybe if the BNP is negative and he has problems breathing well.

NOW: All the above paragraph has to be dealt with ASAP. If it is a heart attack he needs a cath, if it is pancreatitis because of drinking time is running. Of course, I have to find out from a person I have never met before if he is drinking or have had drinking problems. Or, if I am insane, I could just go an EKG, some cardiac enzymes, Lipase and CXR and send him home to follow-up with his primary in the morning (which he will never do, but at least I am off the hook).

And then people like Obama and you lberals have the gall to say I would rip a child's tonsils out in order to make more money!!!!

So keep trying to trash me and make fun. I will not go anywhere. But I WILL gradually stop working for the government!
RUSH10ME

Mechanicsville, VA

#805216 Nov 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, he probably still eats Scooter Pies. That's why we have so many stupid fat people in this country, they're eating Twinkies and Little Debbie Cakes!! And they don't want healthcare, but the government pays for those hoverounds because they're so fat they can't walk.
This from the boca welfare queen whos thong requires more material than a circus tent , now go eat that 10 peice KFC with 5lbs of fries and a 64oz bucket of gravy to wash it down with , you got more ass than Rosie O and moochelle O put together .

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805217 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
Now how did they manage to do that? WalMart sells Rubbermaid products. I get the feeling there is a union in here somewhere!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#805218 Nov 15, 2012
Hey anyone see my Pez Dispenser? It was right there on my desk.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#805219 Nov 15, 2012
Apparently Hilary is bitter about having taken all the blame for the embassy fiasco.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/14/15...

It's the first time I've ever experienced anything remotely close to empathy for that pig. After all, every U.S. ambassador has a direct line to the president, over and above the Secretary of State. Obama would get a call from one of ambassadors before Hilary would if they had any major concerns about their personal safety. There is absolutely no way he didn't know that security was below adequate at the Benghazi embassy.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#805220 Nov 15, 2012
Poll
Do you approve of Nancy Pelosi staying on as House Minority Leader?
Yes!
77%
5053 votes
Lean yes
12%
842 votes
Not sure/No opinion
2%
183 votes
Lean no
4%
265 votes
No!
2%
164 votes
| 6510 votes | Results
She is perfect for the new GLBT cabinet post.

Location hidden

#805221 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My violin is worn out plying that sad song for your pile of baloney.
When doctors are in medical school, THEY ARE LEARNING. It's called getting an education. Yep you a real doctor.
No doctors worked prior to the Bush administration. Nope, they sat & did nothing until the tax rate came down.
Wow, even for a pretend doc, you ain't too bright.
First of all, I doubt you have a violin and doubt even more you can play it. In any case, if you don't like what
you hear, just go back to demonizing. Secondly, doctors are LIFE LONG LEARNERS. I probably have learned more AFTER I graduated from medical school than you ever had to learn your entire life.(Not probably, but certainly). Thirdly, if you did not figure out yet, that this was much more of a problem than tax rate, I cannot help you.

FInally, I hope you do not limit your formal education to all the learning in your life. By the time you are 50 your shirt-term memory is gone (no wonder you vote Obama) and the only thing you remember is what you learned at some college and never used the brain after that.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#805223 Nov 15, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
They're only still here, carol, because they feel badly fo' you. Debil feels badly fo' you too. But Debil a professional. He don' let his feelings get in the way of his responsibility. John Kerry do this; Barack Obama do that; liberals do everything... if you can jus' last long enough everything'll be ok. Hahahahahahahahahahah, no it won't, carol, this is your personal hell, designed specifically fo' you. Kiss it... g'head. Be a pro.
Is it really that much more enjoyable to roast a hetero female Christian than it is a flaming azzmuncher atheist? Does one scream louder than the other when you ram a red hot poker up their joxy?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805224 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
You stupid progressive libtard frac! The story is about a town in Virginia. Written by an avowed progressive libtard about why progressive litards can't understand why real Americans live the way they do. They don't understand the belief in god, hunting, NASCAR, their whole way of life. Shove that book up where the sun don't shine with all your other fracing progressive libtard ideas.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#805225 Nov 15, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Crap jobs, where employees don't make enough money so they apply for government benefits even though Walmart makes record profits.
You are part of the problem Flack. When the middle class is completely gone in this country and China has taken over the world economically we'll all know who to point the finger at: Flack
Walmart sucks.
And yes Homer will pay more, rather pay to keep more Americans earning a decent wage than keep more Chinese earning slave wages.
If you liberals actually practiced what you preach, jobs would not be going to China in droves.

More liberal hypocrisy, seems to be getting worse with time. Last time I was at a Walmart, the parking lot was dominated by Obama stickers.

Location hidden

#805226 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
More spare time to make an azzhole out of yourself, lady!
ohhh, I forgot about you little sleezie over here. About to finish work for the day and was just checking if anything is up before we change over.

Otherwise, you need to crank up your gamer. I was called even worse last night, so you are out-dated. I wonder how many thousands of bucks I threw into the bottomless pit last night as the hospital has no choice, but taking it all in, called unfunded mandate. Kind of the same mandate as "the rich paying their fair share"..

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805227 Nov 15, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Davey, Everybody pay the same, after all the 'poor' live in this country also?
Everyone pays from the same chart.

You, me, bill gates & the poor single guy all pay the same rate on our first $8700 of taxable income.

What is not fair about that?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805228 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You only think you get the same product in Walmart as other places.
I bought envelopes at Staples & they went through my printer with no problem. I needed more & picked some up late night at Walmart. Every third or fourth one jammed. Same packaging, same name brand.
Look at package weighs specs. The bag may look the same but it will contain less in Walmart than it does in the supermarket.
Walmart buys so much stuff it can get its own packaging & its own quality standards.
You can't complain about jobs going overseas & opt for the Chinese made crap at the store.
I don't complain about jobs going overseas. I leave that to you whiny assed libtards who think businesses are supposed to to wipe their employees noses. The purpose of the business is to make the owner(s) money. Nothing else. Now if they decide to do more that is their business not yours or the governments.

Location hidden

#805230 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
So, go back to Romania, who the eff cares? You think screaming in caps solves anything?
If he indeed WERE to come from Romania, no wonder he is upset about Obama and his horde of takers. Must be like a REAL flashback without having ever used any pot, LSD, MDA/MDMA or PCP before. Likewise, he's probably screaming for a reason.

Trust me my friend, I've been there too......
carol

Orlando, FL

#805231 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I hate to use this phrase as it was over used the last few weeks but it fits. The perfect storm? War erupting in the middle east. Recession returning to the Eurozone. Fiscal cliff in the US. Rising taxes in the US. Stock market sell off. Food prices rising and set to really go up in the spring. Layoffs and shorter hours. Sounds like a perfect storm forming to me.
I try not to think about it too much.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805232 Nov 15, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liberals actually practiced what you preach, jobs would not be going to China in droves.
More liberal hypocrisy, seems to be getting worse with time. Last time I was at a Walmart, the parking lot was dominated by Obama stickers.
It sure is. Something else I noticed before the election. There were people out front registering people to vote. They didn't stop one white person. Wonder why?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#805233 Nov 15, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it's fun to tweak the rightwingers. I could almost see the pit burning in Carol's stomach after I posted that one.
Why are all liberals mean spirited? Spewing vitriol on Carol gives you pleasure why? You still lighting neighborhood cats on fire just for the fun of it? You see folks, this is why I could never be a liberal, I have too much compassion for others, even with those with which I disagree. That said, I forgive you Homer.
carol

Orlando, FL

#805234 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That makes two of us. Wonder what else we have in common? And wouldn't it be nice if folks worked to find more common ground, rather than hurling invective at each other over differences?
I'll go first - I think the President should come clean about Benghazi, and quit hiding under Petraeus'(and Rice's) voluminous skirts. I also think Americans need to dig up, and dust off, our national work ethic. Self-employment is awesome, and tremendously under-utilized. Additionally, I think it's better that ALL Americans (rich-poor-short-tall-white-bl ack-green-Dem-Rep) pitch in to reduce the debt, than it is to keep lobbing random spitballs (!) at why we're in debt in the first place. Let's quit worrying about whose 'fault' it is, because it's everybody's fault - we all let it happen. Now it's time to fix the national mistakes, learn from them, and go about the business of not repeating them.
JMO
Seems we have quite a bit in common. Most conservatives have been saying this for four years now.

However, there's only one way to fix it. Shrink the size of a morbidly obese federal government and start feeding the private sector by creating incentives to hire and letting people keep as much of their own hard-earned money as possible to stimulate the economy and increase revenues.

So why did you vote for Obama?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Saint Demetrius 50,006
Abia State University, Direct entry admission c... 27 min prof vicktor 1
Abby 9-30 30 min edogxxx 2
Amy 9-30 33 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,544
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,461
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,321

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]