Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#805192 Nov 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you believe all jobs should be supplied by the Government.
Your sequence of posts is ironic. One of Romney's Etches was to increase the military, and he mentioned something about sending lots of boys to Israel to play Cowboys and Indians. My, how I wish he were my leader now.....NOT!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805194 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
More phony sob stories. I worked up to hundred hours a week with no pay and no thanks during medical school. Often taking care if lazy posh's that lie in their bed telling me "I'm rich" with NO CLUE what it takes. We used to get by with noodles and cheap beans and had to be wary every week. I had it with the welfare thugs after that time. Then a residency where my total time put in with salary was close to minimal wage for 3 years. Hispanics are not more"hard-working" than others. They have destroyed our ER's and continue to. The EMTALA has become a nightmare that bankrupts the bottom lines of ER's yet you liberals think all we do there is collect money and rip people off.
Stop painting mexicans as such mother Theresa's. what about all hard-working people who happen to qualify into your skin color niche, yet gets nothing?? Finally, look at how they treat THEIR OWN immigrants. You liberals were better served pointing out hippocrisy like this, but instead has chosen to drive all the "victims" in front of you to demonize and destroy everybody else. It's weird to be working for free for people until AUGUST or so when one gets to keep something yet you liberals want more, citing 90% rate in the past as a good example. There is no way I will be doing much more of this once my tax rate goes beyond 50. <quoted text>
My violin is worn out plying that sad song for your pile of baloney.

When doctors are in medical school, THEY ARE LEARNING. It's called getting an education. Yep you a real doctor.

No doctors worked prior to the Bush administration. Nope, they sat & did nothing until the tax rate came down.

Wow, even for a pretend doc, you ain't too bright.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#805195 Nov 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Those shirts were made by children in China. You dummies keep going to Walmart to keep the Waltons on the Forbes list.
http://www.winningwordsproject .com/walmart_is_the_largest_fo od_stamp_recipient_in_the_coun try
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#805196 Nov 15, 2012
well, that didn't work lol

Location hidden

#805197 Nov 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
The White House announced on Wednesday that President Obama has nominated Judge William Thomas, an out gay man, to serve on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Thomas would be the first out LGBT black man to serve as a lifetime-tenured federal judge.
In a statement, Obama noted the diversity of Thomas and six other nominees, saying, "They ... represent my continued commitment to ensure that the judiciary resembles the nation it serves."
He added, "These individuals have demonstrated the talent, expertise, and fair-mindedness Americans expect and deserve from their judicial system. I am grateful for their willingness to serve and confident that they will apply the law with the utmost impartiality and integrity. Too many of our courtrooms stand empty. I hope the Senate will promptly consider all of my nominees and ensure justice for everyday Americans."
Thomas is the first out LGBT black judge to be nominated by Obama, but, if approved by the Senate, he would be the second out LGBT black judge. The first, Judge Deborah Batts, also was the first out LGBT federal judge. She was nominated by President Clinton and sat on the Southern District of New York bench. She took "senior status," a near retirement, earlier this year.
It is unlikely, due to the time nominations take to proceed in the current Congress, that Thomas, currently a state-court judge in Florida, would see a vote on his nomination in this Congress.
Thomas joins Pamela Ki Mai Chen, an out lesbian nominated this summer to serve on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and Judge Michael McShane, an out judge nominated in September to serve on the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, in the line of judicial nominees waiting for Judiciary Committee action on their nomination and the subsequent Senate votes.
Obama has now nominated seven out lawyers for lifetime-tenured federal judgeships, three of whom already have been approved by the Senate. Judges J. Paul Oetken and Alison Nathan both now sit on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, which is in Manhattan. Judge Michael Fitzgerald sits on the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
The final out LGBT Obama judicial nominee, Edward DuMont, eventually had his nomination withdrawn after there was no movement on it over the course of two sessions of Congress. He was nominated for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in the 111th and 112th congresses, but the nomination was later withdrawn. Democrats cited Republican opposition, but Republicans noted that Democrats could have moved forward regardless of the Republicans' views.
Denis Dison of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund told BuzzFeed that Thomas was recommended for a judgeship by the Presidential Appointments Project, which the Victory Fund coordinates.
buzzfeed.com
BRAVO!

Loysville, PA

#805198 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Went yesterday. Probably go tomorrow.
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805199 Nov 15, 2012
When Allen West finally loses in his bid to retain his Florida House seat, he's got a place to go.

I would be glad to have [West] come back to Georgia and at some point run here, Georgia GOP chairwoman Sue Everhart told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.I would certainly try to help him because he has done his job. The way he ran his race didnt in any way interfere with the job he did. He ran as a Republican, a conservative Republican"

Let's buy him a one way ticket!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805200 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
Not dopes like you though
Exactly, he probably still eats Scooter Pies. That's why we have so many stupid fat people in this country, they're eating Twinkies and Little Debbie Cakes!! And they don't want healthcare, but the government pays for those hoverounds because they're so fat they can't walk.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#805201 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all all.
Welfare has a time limit. The vast majority of those in the program leave it by getting a job.
Try to get better informed, you're embarrassing yourself.
Not entirely correct, Dumb Dave. You should take your own arrogant advice moron:

"States with No Time Limits

Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska and Oregon have no lifetime limits for individuals receiving welfare assistance."

Read more: Which States Have Welfare Time Limits?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7723411_states-welfa...

Stop making stuff up, moron.

Location hidden

#805202 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That makes two of us. Wonder what else we have in common? And wouldn't it be nice if folks worked to find more common ground, rather than hurling invective at each other over differences?
I'll go first - I think the President should come clean about Benghazi, and quit hiding under Petraeus'(and Rice's) voluminous skirts. I also think Americans need to dig up, and dust off, our national work ethic. Self-employment is awesome, and tremendously under-utilized. Additionally, I think it's better that ALL Americans (rich-poor-short-tall-white-bl ack-green-Dem-Rep) pitch in to reduce the debt, than it is to keep lobbing random spitballs (!) at why we're in debt in the first place. Let's quit worrying about whose 'fault' it is, because it's everybody's fault - we all let it happen. Now it's time to fix the national mistakes, learn from them, and go about the business of not repeating them.
JMO
Profound. I totally agree.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805203 Nov 15, 2012
Poll
Do you approve of Nancy Pelosi staying on as House Minority Leader?

Yes!

77%

5053 votes

Lean yes
12%

842 votes

Not sure/No opinion

2%

183 votes

Lean no

4%

265 votes

No!

2%

164 votes

| 6510 votes | Results
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805204 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
Interesting
RUSH10ME

Mechanicsville, VA

#805205 Nov 15, 2012
Homer wrote:
Lets teach walmart and those lazy slackers a lesson and just do away with food stamps altogether , good idea Homer !!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#805206 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book "Bullshit for Dummies"

Loysville, PA

#805207 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe down there in Florida. Up here they not only pay all the taxes but the businesses surrounding them are thriving as well. There is twenty stores within 50 miles of here with a couple more planned. Wherever they build whole new business districts surround them. I spend my money where I can get the most for the least. Why would anyone pay $2.50 for a dozen eggs when you can buy them for $1.89. Same eggs. Foolish people and their money are soon parted is not just a saying.
You only think you get the same product in Walmart as other places.

I bought envelopes at Staples & they went through my printer with no problem. I needed more & picked some up late night at Walmart. Every third or fourth one jammed. Same packaging, same name brand.

Look at package weighs specs. The bag may look the same but it will contain less in Walmart than it does in the supermarket.

Walmart buys so much stuff it can get its own packaging & its own quality standards.

You can't complain about jobs going overseas & opt for the Chinese made crap at the store.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805208 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like that db retard
Maybe, didn't he claim to be an engineer?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805209 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You go to a union bar? Do you sit there sipping your beer and call everyone stupid libtards?
Yep. Was a Ford plant bar. They built F-150s. The dumbasses sat right there and swore Ford would never close the plant. Well they did close the plant. Bulldozed it flatter than a pancake. The older guys just retired. The younger ones got screwed. The union helped them jack squat. But they still wanted them union dues even when the plant was gone. Them Hostess workers will find out the same thing.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#805210 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
So, go back to Romania, who the eff cares? You think screaming in caps solves anything?
Out of Gas Lily,or Hangover maybe?? LOL..
see you did not deny it at least?????
4 Mo years lilith!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805211 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
Not dopes like you though
I don't buy the stuff.

Location hidden

#805212 Nov 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah lily they did a test,that twinkie set up will
glow in the dark when they bury your ass,and will
last for ever and a day!! Its toxic as hell..LOL..
News Flash,And the Cancer Center claims it is becoming
an Epidemic??? Wonder if all those packages,cans and the
shelf lives of it all has anything to do with it all????
Twinkie neck-and-neck with cockroach in surviving nuclear disaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rattlesnake Logic 15 min HomeGrownTerrorism 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,482
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min Ralph 98,343
Amy - 9-29-2014 29 min Ralph 28
Abby 9-30 31 min Ralph 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Cali Girl 2014 50,019
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Uzi 68,555
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Cancer On The pRe... 178,580

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]