Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805199 Nov 15, 2012
When Allen West finally loses in his bid to retain his Florida House seat, he's got a place to go.

ďI would be glad to have [West] come back to Georgia and at some point run here,Ē Georgia GOP chairwoman Sue Everhart told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.ďI would certainly try to help him because he has done his job. The way he ran his race didnít in any way interfere with the job he did. He ran as a Republican, a conservative Republican"

Let's buy him a one way ticket!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805200 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
Not dopes like you though
Exactly, he probably still eats Scooter Pies. That's why we have so many stupid fat people in this country, they're eating Twinkies and Little Debbie Cakes!! And they don't want healthcare, but the government pays for those hoverounds because they're so fat they can't walk.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#805201 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all all.
Welfare has a time limit. The vast majority of those in the program leave it by getting a job.
Try to get better informed, you're embarrassing yourself.
Not entirely correct, Dumb Dave. You should take your own arrogant advice moron:

"States with No Time Limits

Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska and Oregon have no lifetime limits for individuals receiving welfare assistance."

Read more: Which States Have Welfare Time Limits?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7723411_states-welfa...

Stop making stuff up, moron.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#805202 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>That makes two of us. Wonder what else we have in common? And wouldn't it be nice if folks worked to find more common ground, rather than hurling invective at each other over differences?
I'll go first - I think the President should come clean about Benghazi, and quit hiding under Petraeus'(and Rice's) voluminous skirts. I also think Americans need to dig up, and dust off, our national work ethic. Self-employment is awesome, and tremendously under-utilized. Additionally, I think it's better that ALL Americans (rich-poor-short-tall-white-bl ack-green-Dem-Rep) pitch in to reduce the debt, than it is to keep lobbing random spitballs (!) at why we're in debt in the first place. Let's quit worrying about whose 'fault' it is, because it's everybody's fault - we all let it happen. Now it's time to fix the national mistakes, learn from them, and go about the business of not repeating them.
JMO
Profound. I totally agree.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805203 Nov 15, 2012
Poll
Do you approve of Nancy Pelosi staying on as House Minority Leader?

Yes!

77%

5053 votes

Lean yes
12%

842 votes

Not sure/No opinion

2%

183 votes

Lean no

4%

265 votes

No!

2%

164 votes

| 6510 votes | Results
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805204 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
Interesting
RUSH10ME

Mechanicsville, VA

#805205 Nov 15, 2012
Homer wrote:
Lets teach walmart and those lazy slackers a lesson and just do away with food stamps altogether , good idea Homer !!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#805206 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the book: "Deer Hunting with Jesus". Its about other dumbass West Virginians who shopped at Walmart despite Walmart causing the closing the Rubbermaid factory in town.
You should read the book "Bullshit for Dummies"

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805207 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe down there in Florida. Up here they not only pay all the taxes but the businesses surrounding them are thriving as well. There is twenty stores within 50 miles of here with a couple more planned. Wherever they build whole new business districts surround them. I spend my money where I can get the most for the least. Why would anyone pay $2.50 for a dozen eggs when you can buy them for $1.89. Same eggs. Foolish people and their money are soon parted is not just a saying.
You only think you get the same product in Walmart as other places.

I bought envelopes at Staples & they went through my printer with no problem. I needed more & picked some up late night at Walmart. Every third or fourth one jammed. Same packaging, same name brand.

Look at package weighs specs. The bag may look the same but it will contain less in Walmart than it does in the supermarket.

Walmart buys so much stuff it can get its own packaging & its own quality standards.

You can't complain about jobs going overseas & opt for the Chinese made crap at the store.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805208 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like that db retard
Maybe, didn't he claim to be an engineer?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805209 Nov 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You go to a union bar? Do you sit there sipping your beer and call everyone stupid libtards?
Yep. Was a Ford plant bar. They built F-150s. The dumbasses sat right there and swore Ford would never close the plant. Well they did close the plant. Bulldozed it flatter than a pancake. The older guys just retired. The younger ones got screwed. The union helped them jack squat. But they still wanted them union dues even when the plant was gone. Them Hostess workers will find out the same thing.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#805210 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
So, go back to Romania, who the eff cares? You think screaming in caps solves anything?
Out of Gas Lily,or Hangover maybe?? LOL..
see you did not deny it at least?????
4 Mo years lilith!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805211 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostess is going out of business because times have changed and people are aware that those sugary treats will kill you.
I don't buy the stuff.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#805212 Nov 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah lily they did a test,that twinkie set up will
glow in the dark when they bury your ass,and will
last for ever and a day!! Its toxic as hell..LOL..
News Flash,And the Cancer Center claims it is becoming
an Epidemic??? Wonder if all those packages,cans and the
shelf lives of it all has anything to do with it all????
Twinkie neck-and-neck with cockroach in surviving nuclear disaster.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805213 Nov 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that they make more than sweets? Like Wonder bread?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805214 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If the republicans take out the lube and roll over, they may as well be finished. What is the point of two parties with different name, same policies?
2) Even IF they roll over, you liberals will not stop demonizing them. You guys are cowards adn just like all cowards, you cannot help yourself drooling over people being kicked in the head while lying down, no matter what happened before.
3) FInally, even if you take ALL our money (or what's left after we have left the country), it will only help moving you all faster towards Zimbabwe than not.
Honestly, if the reps raise taxes a dime, they are done for and if not, you guys wil take care of them. In any case, I think it is a good thing and will finally open for leaders who MAY care about all the people without demonizing the productive ones.
-Being among the 1% is a dirty, thankless job, but someone's gotta do it-
Republicans allowed this country to suffer so as to gain political points for the election.

Maybe that is the way your America works but not mine.

When the Republican leader in the US Senate claims winning the White House is more important that helping us recover, you should have had a fit.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#805215 Nov 15, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Obamacare
"So, let me get this straight (this is a long sentence), weíre going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we donít, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesnít understand it, passed by a congress that didnít read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didnít pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country thatís broke. So what the blank could possibly go wrong?Ē
Former nun, Army major, lawyer, college professor and now Dr, Barbara Bellar.
First of all Ma'am, thanks for your service to your country. I was myself a ranger in another country before moving to America and am in strong awe and admiration of our US servicemen.

Anyways, I spent some time reading the ENTIRE bill from page to page, including amendments. Not that reading so many pages is a big deal for me. I probably read/check out at least one thousands of pages a day at work alone and missing paragraph may have me dragged into court.

Why do I not like Obamacare??

*Besides that it will make most people in healthcare take a significant pay cut over time (unfunded mandate that steals from medicare to pay for Obamacare) as medicare reimbursements tank, regulations so complex that not even a super-multi-tasking ER doc can decipher them all and the incredible lack of respect for people's free choices, Obamacare is fine. Also, I will still have a job if I want to. It is the nurses, techs, LPN's and MA's in the urgent care that will be laid of. Example: Urgent cares are likely to be merged with ER's at larger centra and peripheral back up is in jeopardy. I am not going to be back-up over phone for all kinds of centers if that is assumed to be a part of my job with no compensation and all the responsibility. My wife's sister is an attorney (health care law actually) and SHE is not sure about the meaning of several basic provisions and especially how the states will respond to them.

The problem is that most people either do not want to understand these concerns, do not want to listen to people in the field (think we are all "rich" SOBS and so, I get it every hour every day) and definitely do not think we deserve a penny of our labor besides basics. The same people are also the ones to suffer the most. When a diabetic with chest pain, COPD, previous CAPG, ACDF and lipids into the roof comes to me, what could have been dealt with in 20 minutes at a clinic. I have no idea what they have done for work, but still I am supposed to fix it all and diagnose them. No way!!! Easier and quicker to page the hospitalist (another doctor they have never seen before), have him/her admit patient and then consult cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary maybe if the BNP is negative and he has problems breathing well.

NOW: All the above paragraph has to be dealt with ASAP. If it is a heart attack he needs a cath, if it is pancreatitis because of drinking time is running. Of course, I have to find out from a person I have never met before if he is drinking or have had drinking problems. Or, if I am insane, I could just go an EKG, some cardiac enzymes, Lipase and CXR and send him home to follow-up with his primary in the morning (which he will never do, but at least I am off the hook).

And then people like Obama and you lberals have the gall to say I would rip a child's tonsils out in order to make more money!!!!

So keep trying to trash me and make fun. I will not go anywhere. But I WILL gradually stop working for the government!
RUSH10ME

Mechanicsville, VA

#805216 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Exactly, he probably still eats Scooter Pies. That's why we have so many stupid fat people in this country, they're eating Twinkies and Little Debbie Cakes!! And they don't want healthcare, but the government pays for those hoverounds because they're so fat they can't walk.
This from the boca welfare queen whos thong requires more material than a circus tent , now go eat that 10 peice KFC with 5lbs of fries and a 64oz bucket of gravy to wash it down with , you got more ass than Rosie O and moochelle O put together .

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#805217 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now how did they manage to do that? WalMart sells Rubbermaid products. I get the feeling there is a union in here somewhere!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#805218 Nov 15, 2012
Hey anyone see my Pez Dispenser? It was right there on my desk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 182,029
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 3 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 10 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 10 hr IUEC 7,564
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST