Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252393 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#805270 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So it was an union. Not Rubbermaid. Dumbass libtards would rather close the business and have no job or take a pay cut and keep their job. Stupid thinking like this is why we are in the shape we are in. And you libtards just doubled down for the next four years.
Yap, we got "big OIl", but for sure also has "big Union". Their bosses make more than the 99% ever will
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805271 Nov 15, 2012
Mitt Still Doesn't Get It

All voters want "stuff," Republicans as well as Democrats. If anything, Republican voters have been more successful at obtaining "stuff" than Democrats: Medicare is more generous than Medicaid, farm programs deliver better returns than means-tested programs.

The Romney-Ryan ticket did not stint on the stuff-offering itself: it promised Republican voters that all the cost of deficit reduction would be dumped on Democratic voters - voters under 55 - with Republicans gaining the additional benefit of a 20% cut in tax rates.

But Mitt Romney was very wrong to see 2012 as a referendum on "stuff." It was a referendum on the question, which candidate would do a better job promoting prosperity and creating jobs. That was the referendum that Romney and the Republican party lost. We lost both because voters did not believe in the job-creating magic of upper-income tax cuts - and because voters were unpersuaded that the GOP even cared that much about job creation, as opposed to wealth preservation.

That's the lesson defeated Republicans should be drawing. Governor Bobby Jindal gets it. Who else?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
carol

Orlando, FL

#805272 Nov 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I mean the country I used to know.
...or at least the country I had hoped it would become again but only better believeing we had learned our lessons the hard way.

Some of us apparently are just too thick-headed and it will have to get REALLY bad for some of us...apparently.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#805273 Nov 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
And, cruelty to animals is a rightwing phenomenon. Huckabees son skinned and hung a dog, and Mitt made his poor dog ride on the roof. You own that.
Strange......... Think I so vaaaaguuely remember a John Kerry hunting goose in Ohio to make the voters there believe he was such a tough guy!! Quite fitting for an incompassionate man, as goose live a LIFE-LONG cohabitation. Well, on the other hand, maybe that's why liberals don't like them. Someone that lives in a life long committed relationship must be some odd balls, you know.

-Even though I eat no animal produce, do not drink, stay in great shape, take care of myself, act with love and all to my wife&daughter 24/7, I doubt ANY of this will score me any brownie points among liberal women when they know me-.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#805274 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>Come on now. Please show some respect here when a 1%'r is talking to you. I have quite a stake in the game with regards to Obamacare, so that also means I have studied the bill. Also, I am paying for your food and goodies every day, so be thankful I am around.

Now let me educate you:

Shifting funds from Medicare to Obamacare is a FACT. You check it out. There are many ways to deal with this, but reduction of payment to "providers" is one of the main ones. At present, the payments to physicians from medicare is scheduled to be cut by 25%. Would YOU take a pay cut like that? It doesn't matter much that we get 30 million new customers when all their payments regulated from the government is made on our backs, likely to make any independent doc taking medicare be gone. Rates will be set by government and you can be fined tens of thousands even if a patient VOLUNTARILY pays extra. The only reason WE will still get paid is because hospitals absorb the losses. That's already happening. Can they absorb indefinitely? You figure that out. Can they absorb a 25% loss and still pay their staff the same? You figure it out.

Medicare benefits like "free checkups" were "added", well at least covered my medicare, but so what?? Who will actually do the check-ups? Would you for free? Also, take a look at hospital cuts for procedures a "board" of lawyers, non-practicing docs and other "experts" decided we should not get paid for. No dialysis after 60? I'm not a scaremonger, but you figure that out. Their new medicare chief is a fan of the NHS in the UK.(another doctor that has not seen patient in a long while).

No, instead of trying to argue this, you simply will choose to throw sling, drag mud and haul shite. I am surprised you have not brought up the racist accusation yet. Tends to come earlier. I warn you though, be careful calling me a "racist". Not that you care, now you would probably be even MORE inclined to do so.

Finally, I will probably drop by here some other time as well. It is PRECIOUS seeing liberals have moments of clarity through their euphoric delusional haze, but I got a real life to lead as well. Got to go home, play with daughter, work out, take care of the little gym I have been helping set in motion, then go and play in the Jazz band a little after that.

You go and keep throwing shit and acting like the real a*SS you show yourself to be every time you try to act like truthseeker in Chief. Hopefully we will keep in touch. I see repeats in the ER often same guy every night and you cannot even penetrate my dead skin, or even make one synapse of mine fatigue.

To the libs, keep partying. Just know there will be one less MRO (medical review officer) and toxicologist on phone from January 2013. Will gradually phase out of ER as well once my gym is up running and I have had the cosmetic training from Allergan. However, if you wanna get hold of me later on, just drop by for some Botox (as long as it is not covered under Obamacare) or filers. Even now, I am almost as good as my wife and she puts in new boobs for a living.....

To everybody else,

Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness!

God Bless America.
Buh bye. Enough of your condescending drivel to last. Hope the door smacks your pompous azz on the way out.
carol

Orlando, FL

#805275 Nov 15, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week Homer was saying the Lord helps those that help themselves. That is when the argument started. I was adamant that this particular saying does not apply to shoplifting, but Homer would not listen. I guess we just disagree on some of the finer points.
My daughter swiped a nut in the grocery store when she was very young. When she showed me what she had done after we had paid and left, we walked right back in and I told her to put the nut back because we didn't pay for it.

Maybe I should be the one to go shopping with Homer from now on.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805276 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So it was an union. Not Rubbermaid. Dumbass libtards would rather close the business and have no job or take a pay cut and keep their job. Stupid thinking like this is why we are in the shape we are in. And you libtards just doubled down for the next four years.
It was Walmart demanding lower prices.

Of course, the Flacktartd mentality is to just pay people less money.

Wow, those $15/Hr jobs were just too much.

Maybe they should make minimum wage & then you Flacktards can call them moochers because they don't make enough to pay income tax.

This is the Flacktard world - moochers & wealthy and nothing in between because here in America, it is OK for Corporations & CEOs to make billions but God f*cking Forbid, a working man can make a living wage.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#805277 Nov 15, 2012
Limbaugh Suggests That Romney Echoed His Explanation That Obama Won Because He Is "Santa Claus"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/15/limb...

Hey Rush.....big fail.

Rush will be attacking the real conservatives again. He really doesn't have much choice. That corner is getting smaller by the day.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805278 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yap, we got "big OIl", but for sure also has "big Union". Their bosses make more than the 99% ever will
Union bosses make a lot less that most CEO's.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805279 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It sure is. Something else I noticed before the election. There were people out front registering people to vote. They didn't stop one white person. Wonder why?
Maybe it was the hood

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#805280 Nov 15, 2012
Flack, my good friend, I do not advocate low-carb at all and multiple evidence is in my favor. Look at the US Hockey team of today. Even enough meat&bone to match up the canucks. Their diet is close to 43% carbs.
Good carbs, alkaline protein sources in low amount and good fat is a man's recipe for pulling tail from here and to Timbuktou.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#805281 Nov 15, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Buh bye. Enough of your condescending drivel to last. Hope the door smacks your pompous azz on the way out.
Got home. having some pre-shake and then will head out for gym.

Isn't it nice for a liberal to see someone else actually not feeling sorry for not being one? YOU started the condescending drivel, I just don;t stop until the opponent is down for good.

(Part of my blue collar, single-mum, minority background)

-trust nobody, but trust a panderer even less-
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#805282 Nov 15, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I spew on you? I think not. My comment was to Homer, a guy who purports to be a civil guy, nuff said. After his time out period is over, we can discuss this further.
BTW, Peppy is over flowing with compassion today, peace to you Lily.
Hey you juvenile, jackassified jackwagon, back off and quit spitting.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#805284 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now. Please show some respect here when a 1%'r is talking to you. I have quite a stake in the game with regards to Obamacare, so that also means I have studied the bill. Also, I am paying for your food and goodies every day, so be thankful I am around.
Now let me educate you:
Shifting funds from Medicare to Obamacare is a FACT. You check it out. There are many ways to deal with this, but reduction of payment to "providers" is one of the main ones. At present, the payments to physicians from medicare is scheduled to be cut by 25%. Would YOU take a pay cut like that? It doesn't matter much that we get 30 million new customers when all their payments regulated from the government is made on our backs, likely to make any independent doc taking medicare be gone. Rates will be set by government and you can be fined tens of thousands even if a patient VOLUNTARILY pays extra. The only reason WE will still get paid is because hospitals absorb the losses. That's already happening. Can they absorb indefinitely? You figure that out. Can they absorb a 25% loss and still pay their staff the same? You figure it out.
Medicare benefits like "free checkups" were "added", well at least covered my medicare, but so what?? Who will actually do the check-ups? Would you for free? Also, take a look at hospital cuts for procedures a "board" of lawyers, non-practicing docs and other "experts" decided we should not get paid for. No dialysis after 60? I'm not a scaremonger, but you figure that out. Their new medicare chief is a fan of the NHS in the UK.(another doctor that has not seen patient in a long while).
No, instead of trying to argue this, you simply will choose to throw sling, drag mud and haul shite. I am surprised you have not brought up the racist accusation yet. Tends to come earlier. I warn you though, be careful calling me a "racist". Not that you care, now you would probably be even MORE inclined to do so.
Finally, I will probably drop by here some other time as well. It is PRECIOUS seeing liberals have moments of clarity through their euphoric delusional haze, but I got a real life to lead as well. Got to go home, play with daughter, work out, take care of the little gym I have been helping set in motion, then go and play in the Jazz band a little after that.
You go and keep throwing shit and acting like the real a*SS you show yourself to be every time you try to act like truthseeker in Chief. Hopefully we will keep in touch. I see repeats in the ER often same guy every night and you cannot even penetrate my dead skin, or even make one synapse of mine fatigue.
To the libs, keep partying. Just know there will be one less MRO (medical review officer) and toxicologist on phone from January 2013. Will gradually phase out of ER as well once my gym is up running and I have had the cosmetic training from Allergan. However, if you wanna get hold of me later on, just drop by for some Botox (as long as it is not covered under Obamacare) or filers. Even now, I am almost as good as my wife and she puts in new boobs for a living.....
To everybody else,
Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness!
God Bless America.
You don't pay sh*t for me,.

I see you are just anther lying POS right whiner whose first response is to accuse someone of not working.

If I save $100 on my car insurance & use it to pay on a new dishwasher,m it doesn't change the fact that I ave money of my car insurance.

Money was saved from Medicare without cutting benefits.

I don't pretend be be wealthy & I don't pretend to be a doctor.

Hospitals basically traded lower rates for increased business, paying business at that. 30 million new paying customers.

If you were a real doc, you would have known that.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#805285 Nov 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
...or at least the country I had hoped it would become again but only better believeing we had learned our lessons the hard way.
Some of us apparently are just too thick-headed and it will have to get REALLY bad for some of us...apparently.
Put down the bong babe.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#805286 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Walmart demanding lower prices.
Of course, the Flacktartd mentality is to just pay people less money.
Wow, those $15/Hr jobs were just too much.
Maybe they should make minimum wage & then you Flacktards can call them moochers because they don't make enough to pay income tax.
This is the Flacktard world - moochers & wealthy and nothing in between because here in America, it is OK for Corporations & CEOs to make billions but God f*cking Forbid, a working man can make a living wage.
Well said Dave. They don't understand.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#805287 Nov 15, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
No bread? Cut all at once or gradually.
Just stopped eating it. Might fix a hamburger just no bun. No biscuits. I really like sausage and biscuits and gravy too. Like I said a 7-11 Big Bite is really the only bun/bread I eat anymore. That only because it is quick.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805290 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange......... Think I so vaaaaguuely remember a John Kerry hunting goose in Ohio to make the voters there believe he was such a tough guy!! Quite fitting for an incompassionate man, as goose live a LIFE-LONG cohabitation. Well, on the other hand, maybe that's why liberals don't like them. Someone that lives in a life long committed relationship must be some odd balls, you know.
-Even though I eat no animal produce, do not drink, stay in great shape, take care of myself, act with love and all to my wife&daughter 24/7, I doubt ANY of this will score me any brownie points among liberal women when they know me-.
The problem that I see with you and many other rightwingers is that you think everything is political.
I hope that Citizens United gets overturned and true campaign finance reform can one day be a reality; although it probably never will. The fact that John Kerry had to try to portray himself as a hunter to pander to the NRA, and Mitt Romney saying he hunts small varmints, etc. is pathetic. Why not just come out and say "I do not hunt or kill animals, period."?
Killing domestic animals like dogs and cats or horses affects most people who have pets; it's not the same as hunting wild animals, even though I am against that as well.
I would not say John Kerry is a non compassionate man; he's a little dry and dull, but I would not say he is uncaring. He did speak out against the war afterall.
You imply that liberals do not believe in lifelong committed relationships; well that's a lie and you know it. Why lie?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#805291 Nov 15, 2012
Roll over?

4% tax rate increase on amounts over $250,000.

Affects at most 2% of workers/owners.

Hey go ahead and pack up.

Like Romney had: there are "binders" full of qualified workers begging to be let in the USA. They could care less what the top tax brackets happen to be. Your job will not go unfilled.

Hey we can put all your stuff on those empty boats from China after they drop off inferior goods! Route them wherever you want to go.

ANY shortage of any job in the USA gets filled.

Notice: all crybaby millionaires and billionaires, stop threatening, just do it! LEAVE!

........
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If the republicans take out the lube and roll over, they may as well be finished. What is the point of two parties with different name, same policies?
2) Even IF they roll over, you liberals will not stop demonizing them. You guys are cowards adn just like all cowards, you cannot help yourself drooling over people being kicked in the head while lying down, no matter what happened before.
3) FInally, even if you take ALL our money (or what's left after we have left the country), it will only help moving you all faster towards Zimbabwe than not.
Honestly, if the reps raise taxes a dime, they are done for and if not, you guys wil take care of them. In any case, I think it is a good thing and will finally open for leaders who MAY care about all the people without demonizing the productive ones.
-Being among the 1% is a dirty, thankless job, but someone's gotta do it-
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#805293 Nov 15, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Buh bye. Enough of your condescending drivel to last. Hope the door smacks your pompous azz on the way out.
I think dem is right; he's dbrider

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 192,500
aggy-6-30-15 3 hr Kuuipo 21
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,003
Amy 7-6-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 7-6-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Ariel Sharon 70,151
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 6,151
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,922
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages