Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Cassadaga, NY

#804970 Nov 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>It's the fundamentally transformed America that you and Obama wanted so badly.

Cheap thrills only go so far though. Reality inevitably always sets in eventually.

I give it another year.
I don't even give it a year. The way the scandals are falling into place. What president says, If you have a problem take it up with me? Teenagers spout that off to fellow classmates. I can't wait to say, I told you so!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#804971 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
Here is a question? All 50 states have now received the required signatures to call for seceding from the United States. If all 50 states secede what will we call the new country? Is D.C. included. Do we have to let it in? Would it be better to split it up into 5 regional countries?
The Confederacy of Takers

President Obama’s opponents have unwittingly come up with a brilliant plan to avoid the “fiscal cliff.” They want to secede from the union.

If Obama were serious about being a good steward of the nation’s finances, he’d let them.

The White House, in one of those astro-turf efforts that make people feel warm about small-d democracy, launched a “We the People” program on its Web site last year, allowing Americans to petition their government for a redress of grievances. Any petition that receives 25,000 or more signatures within 30 days is promised a response (though not necessarily a favorable one) from the Obama administration.

And so a large number of patriotic Americans, mostly from states won by Mitt Romney last week, have petitioned the White House to let them secede. They should be careful about what they wish for. It would be excellent financial news for those of us left behind if Obama were to grant a number of the rebel states their wish “to withdraw from the United States and create [their] own NEW government”(the petitions emphasize “new” by capitalizing it).

Red states receive, on average, far more from the federal government in expenditures than they pay in taxes. The balance is the opposite in blue states. The secession petitions, therefore, give the opportunity to create what would be, in a fiscal sense, a far more perfect union.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#804973 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
Here is a question? All 50 states have now received the required signatures to call for seceding from the United States. If all 50 states secede what will we call the new country? Is D.C. included. Do we have to let it in? Would it be better to split it up into 5 regional countries?
You do realize those petitions on the White House page have no legal standing.

You don't even have to be from that state to sign them.

I'd sign that petition for every red state.
carol

Orlando, FL

#804974 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
I say let's split it up.

Amazing, isn't it? That all 50 states could garner enough signatures for something as significant as secession?

It's more symbolic than anything but still quite signficant.

It should definitely send a message to Obama. But since he's already reminding us he won again, it won't matter much to him.

Especially since he's a lot more "flexible" now.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#804975 Nov 15, 2012
Eurozone falls back into recession. Yeah let's do what they've been doing. It will turn out great.

Johnson City, TN

#804976 Nov 15, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
How's the housing market doing now under Obama?
"Nearly two thirds of housing markets across the country are in worse shape now than when the bust began in 2008, according to a study of 919 counties by the research firm RealtyTrac. Worst hit are Atlanta, Tucson, Salt Lake City, and Cook County, Il., where home prices have fallen nearly 20 percent in the last four years"
From The Washington Post as reported in The Week magazine, Nov 16,2012.
Bummer!
Legend has it that everything the ancient Greek King Midas touched turned into gold. In Obama's case everything he touches turns into buffalo dung and then he not only wants to tax it but also wants it be covered under obamacare as a Democratic beauty cream with no deductible or co pay. Nancy Pelosi said she will use it first and figure out what's in it later.
Under the reign of Obama we have incurred the largest debt known in history, almost 17 trillion$$. Where do the people that are on the take, the people that will not work, where do they think they will get the money for others to pay their way in life and the lives of their children. Freddie mac and Fannie mae(Barney Frank's baby) made the liar loans that cause the bubble that burst in 2008. OMG I could write a book.
carol

Orlando, FL

#804977 Nov 15, 2012
lilmomday wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even give it a year. The way the scandals are falling into place. What president says, If you have a problem take it up with me? Teenagers spout that off to fellow classmates. I can't wait to say, I told you so!
The lame stream media interpretted it as "don't stop cheerleading for me no matter how much I use you".

Loysville, PA

#804978 Nov 15, 2012
carol wrote:
And I am so sick and tired of this president always being "offended" by any criticism of his administration.
Could he possibly be MORE narcissistic?
It is really easy to tell where posters get their information.

Obama being narcissistic was a Rush Limbaugh deal.

Carl,. turn off Rush Limbaugh, he is making you stupid.

Johnson City, TN

#804979 Nov 15, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
Mittens blames the 47%.
Sour grapes and zero dignity.
What a putz... Welcome to obscurity Mittens
And, looney toon Santorum warned Mutt was the worst GOP selection! The GOP should have listened.
Mormons picked Obama
Jews picked Obama
Catholics picked Obama
Women, Latinos, Asians, picked Obama
Popular vote & Electorial won by Obama
Senate seats won, control retained
Youth picked Obama
Swings states picked Obama
In short, the GOP was rejected, totally.
Ironically, the 'sore losers' comments are the perfect example of WHY they were dismissed by voters.
Each hostile post confirms how confused and delusional the Repugs have become.
;-)
Where is the money going to come from in the future to keep you up?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#804980 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize those petitions on the White House page have no legal standing.
You don't even have to be from that state to sign them.
I'd sign that petition for every red state.
I haven't checked myself but I've been told you have to register your name and address to sign in to sign on. Doesn't mean you couldn't make up an address. Typical libtard mentality.

Johnson City, TN

#804981 Nov 15, 2012
lilmomday wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a joke.
When they do not what the facts are they say thinks like "you are a joke". OMG they are so ignorant.
carol

Orlando, FL

#804982 Nov 15, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're welcome.
"This election is about misleading, false and discredited attacks that interfere with voters being able to make an informed judgment."
~Hillary Clinton 2008

Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

You shouldn't crow about being among the easily fooled.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#804983 Nov 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I say let's split it up.
Amazing, isn't it? That all 50 states could garner enough signatures for something as significant as secession?
It's more symbolic than anything but still quite signficant.
It should definitely send a message to Obama. But since he's already reminding us he won again, it won't matter much to him.
Especially since he's a lot more "flexible" now.
It is quite significant. The fact that it happened is a sign for the next four years. An even more divided country. This country is so screwed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#804984 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
Eurozone falls back into recession. Yeah let's do what they've been doing. It will turn out great.
They took the Tea Party advice & went with austerity.

Look what it did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#804985 Nov 15, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really easy to tell where posters get their information.
Obama being narcissistic was a Rush Limbaugh deal.
Carl,. turn off Rush Limbaugh, he is making you stupid.
Never listen to Rush. Don't particularly like his style. Never have.

But why is that liberals think no one can see and hear with their own eyes and their own ears what is plainly easy to see and hear? From the source itself, I mean?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#804986 Nov 15, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans will sell their souls for money
You've already sold yours for welfare, and the welfare mentality, Good Demorat..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#804987 Nov 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"This election is about misleading, false and discredited attacks that interfere with voters being able to make an informed judgment."
~Hillary Clinton 2008
Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.
You shouldn't crow about being among the easily fooled.
give it a break carol. you could just as well be talking about Mitt/FOX.

quit whining. the election was a clear sign that the right wing smear machine has little sway over what most Americans think of Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#804988 Nov 15, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
see, when you are WORKING to pull your own leg, you typically has the capacity to do two or more things. Therefore, I am an ER doctor, personal trainer, musician, artist and also Libertarian activist.
Finally I am NOT a lady, but a real MAN (which you obviously knew, just tried to shake me a lill) and otherwise you are right- Renaissance WAS a time of great people. Very unlike today.
I can certainly "prognosticate" anything for you as well. Let's start with the prognosis of inflation, unemployment and tax hikes. Since you probably don't care about neither employment nor (others) paying taxes) and I doubt you can grasp the idea of inflation why don;t you stick to the things you know the best??
Like..... spitting dribble..
"don't...neither...nor "??? Using the correct correlative conjunctions would show progress if you hadn't thrown in the double negative. That you, Hooter? A physician and a personal trainer? That allows you all kinds of time for Topix, no doubt. The Chicago condo brings a whiff of Kvetch to the mixture, but everyone knows s/he died of embarrassment (and old age) after Obama won Wisconsin. Next thing you know, Damnably Bad Writer will return as a U. N. translator, security contractor, and Papa John's franchise owner.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#804989 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It is quite significant. The fact that it happened is a sign for the next four years. An even more divided country. This country is so screwed.
The great uniter keeps reminding us he won and the GOP along with all their constituents must surrender.

Yep, we're screwed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#804990 Nov 15, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't checked myself but I've been told you have to register your name and address to sign in to sign on. Doesn't mean you couldn't make up an address. Typical libtard mentality.
Check it & become better informed. For every unique e-mail address, you can vote. So really, don't get your hopes up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 71,104
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min wojar 181,866
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min concern cirizen 51,263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,237
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 1 hr Mover 3
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 7 hr barefoot2626 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance