Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
743,841 - 743,860 of 1,079,077 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry it is in Texas's constitution. Any state has the right to succeed from the country just as we as citizens have the right to overthrow the government if we do not like it. That is the main reason for the first and second amendment. Of course most of the press has decided to join the government against the people. The big problem, and this always happens, is the same people who help kill freedom are always the first ones killed. They never learn.
If Texas does secede, will their booming Hispanic population insist they rename the new country Texico?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then nobody would be left that contributes to society. Who would support your mooching lazy ars, dummy?
so from looking at some of the highly 'intellectual' replies from the right wing troll brigade, it seems that the election has really thrown you creeps for a loop.

if you go over to FOX Nation you can find more of your ilk in fine form. just don't reply to the Obama death threats.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the article because I thought it was interesting how the current Christian views on abortion were shaped by Jerry Falwell and the Catholic Church. Not because I want soda or I plan to get an abortion any time soon lol. Don't you ever question why you believe the things that you do?
From the article-
In 1968, Christianity Today published a special issue on contraception and abortion, encapsulating the consensus among evangelical thinkers at the time. In the leading article, professor Bruce Waltke, of the famously conservative Dallas Theological Seminary, explained the Bible plainly teaches that life begins at birth:
“God does not regard the fetus as a soul, no matter how far gestation has progressed. The Law plainly exacts:'If a man kills any human life he will be put to death'(Lev. 24:17). But according to Exodus 21:22–24, the destruction of the fetus is not a capital offense… Clearly, then, in contrast to the mother, the fetus is not reckoned as a soul.”
The magazine Christian Life agreed, insisting,“The Bible definitely pinpoints a difference in the value of a fetus and an adult.” And the Southern Baptist Convention passed a 1971 resolution affirming abortion should be legal not only to protect the life of the mother, but to protect her emotional health as well.
These stalwart evangelical institutions and leaders would be heretics by today’s standards. Yet their positions were mainstream at the time, widely believed by born-again Christians to flow from the unambiguous teaching of Scripture.
Televangelist Jerry Falwell spearheaded the reversal of opinion on abortion in the late 1970s, leading his Moral Majority activist group into close political alliance with Catholic organizations against the sexual revolution.
In contrast to evangelicals, Catholics had mobilized against abortion immediately after Roe v. Wade. Drawing on mid-19th century Church doctrines, organizations like the National Right to Life Committee insisted a right to life exists from the moment of conception.
Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter
As evangelical leaders formed common cause with Catholics on topics like feminism and homosexuality, they began re-interpreting the Bible as teaching the Roman Catholic position on abortion.
Falwell’s first major treatment of the issue, in a 1980 book chapter called, significantly,“The Right to Life,” declared,“The Bible clearly states that life begins at conception…(Abortion) is murder according to the Word of God.”
With the megawatt power of his TV presence and mailing list, Falwell and his allies disseminated these interpretations to evangelicals across America.
Is God infallible? All knowing?

If you believe life begins at conception then you believe that at that moment, God reaches down & places a soul in the zygote.
Within a few days, that zygote travels down to the womb where it must attach to the wall.

Studies have shown this is not automatic & a high percentage of these do not attached to the wall at all & are flushed from the system. I believe that percentage is near 40% or 50%.

I have trouble believing that God would place a soul into a zygote only to retrieve nearly half of them a week later. Somehow, I expect God to be more efficient & a better designer of the reproductive system.

But this is just one aspect of religion that defies logic.

I never get why the far right can't believe that God designed his creation to evolve i.e. evolution.

I can't believe that the far right can believe that God created Earth for man to rape her for her minerals & energy and destroy her through pollution.

I can't believe God intended man to be racist, bigoted, mean, wealthy at the expense of others, liars, or cheats.

Yet the far right embraces these things.

I am not attacking Christianity, I am attacking those who misuse it.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, the Republicans have been creating gridlock for the past four years to prevent anything from happening. They blocked the American Jobs Act which would have added jobs and brought unemployment down.
–Moody’s Analytics estimated the American Jobs Act would create 1.9 million jobs and add two percent to gross domestic product.
–The Economic Policy Institute estimated it would create 2.6 million jobs and protect an addition 1.6 million existing jobs.
–Macroeconomic Advisers predicted it would create 2.1 million jobs and boost GDP by 1.5 percent.
–Goldman Sachs estimated it would add 1.5 percent to GDP.
It passed in the House. It was the Democrat majority Senate who voted it down. Even Harry Reid.

It was a government spending tax hike and a ruse that government can actually create jobs. Costing taxpayers almost 500 million.

It was just another "spend" bill.

As Winston Churchill said "You can’t tax your way out of an economic downturn any more than you can pick up a bucket if you’re standing in it.”

Obama keeps thinking he can pick up the bucket.

But keep blaming Republicans if it makes you feel happier in your bubble of denial.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

carol wrote:
When the majority of Americans vote for Marxist principles over Jeffersonian principles, it's time for states who want to secede to become sovreign nations.
It's what Jefferson would have done.
WWJD?

Really?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday called on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party” and make a concerted effort to reach a broader swath of voters with an inclusive economic message that pre-empts efforts to caricature the GOP as the party of the rich.

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Jindal told POLITICO in a 45-minute telephone interview.“We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

He was just as blunt on how the GOP should speak to voters, criticizing his party for offending and speaking down to much of the electorate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/837...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> NAFTA Duh!
The Republic of Texas didn't sign NAFTA - and the odds are that 95% of the 81k secession petitioners hate it even though half of them don't even know what it is.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Jindal, the son of Indian immigrants, said the GOP “must reject identity politics” and “treat folks as individuals, as Americans, not as members of special interest groups.”

Raising Romney’s damaging comments about voters who don’t pay income taxes, Jindal urged the GOP to make clear they want the support of every American.

“The Republican Party is going to fight for every single vote,” he said.“That means the 47 percent and the 53 percent, that means any other combination of numbers going up to 100 percent.”

Nice to see Bobby step out of the bubble. Take notice.....carol.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

“What Conservative Media Bubble?” Says the Conservative Still Inside the Bubble

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not know much about him!
U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin is considered a rising GOP star and the Republican Party's leader on fiscal and budgetary issues.
The chairman of the House Budget Committee was first elected to Congress at age 28, and later helped launch the party's "Young Guns" program to recruit candidates in districts where Republicans lost.
Now 42, Ryan is the architect of the House GOP's budget proposal, which Democrats compared to an attack on the poor, but Republicans say is intended to save Medicare and rein in spending.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/11/politics/paul-r...
Paul Ryan is a big spender, big government man. His voting record in Congress proves it.

He voted yes yes yes to the Bush policies that fomented this recession.

Ryan's medicare plan was to make seniors pay more. Why do you think he exempted people over 55? To allow time for the rest to alter their retirement plans to save more money.

Just how uninformed are you?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Election 2012: When Right-Wing Media Lost the Battle

The anti-fact model has been surprisingly successful for the right wing...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/electio...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Well, Well,....look who is a Grumpy Old Chick:}
or...Hen.
Stupid "shinning" fails to understand that GOC is not a party; the Grumpy Old Pricks are no one's idea of a good time, and I would be a Deliciously Excellent Matriarch. Where are you from? I'm betting Alabama...they get $2.30 back for every tax dollar they put in and want to secede really badly. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>Just to show we can get along, I'll drive with my headlights on during the day for Romney and you drive with your headlights off at night for Obama. If we work together we can do this and the nation will be better off because of the cooperation.
Funny. Not going to happen, but funny.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The American people are warming up to Obamacare now that they're seeing the benefits as opposed to the lies the right has been spreading. The latest polls show that those who want it to stay and even expand stands at 49% as opposed to 33% that want it repealed.
As for Massachusetts, we are one of the most highly educated states. Romney wouldn't have had a chance passing this legislation in a red state like Alabama.
The Republican description of obamacare is what people dislike. If you asked the average person what they think of the PPAHCA they'd just scratch their head.
Hans

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Obama Won Woo Hoo wrote:
A great boon for the middle class and the housing industry that has been suffering:
If you sell your house and make a profit, you’ll likely be paying a new 3.8 percent tax on the gain.
The law includes about half a trillion dollars in tax hikes, including a new 3.8 percent tax on gains from selling any asset, including your home, small business, stocks or bonds, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
That’s on top of capital-gains taxes and applies to any profit that pushes your income over $200,000.
These changes are spelled out in the 2,572-page law, but many more changes will be imposed by regulations YET TO BE WRITTEN.
The Obama administration is adding federal workers at a rapid pace (JOBS!!! WHOO HOO!!!) to churn out and enforce new rules.
The government’s own projections say the cost of health-care administration — bureaucrats telling doctors and patients what to do — will soar from $29 billion when President Obama was first elected to $71 billion by 2020, some $40 billion dollars a year more in bureaucracy.
What a shame: That’s enough money to buy private health plans for fully half of all Americans who are now uninsured because they can’t afford it.
IT IS TOO EARLY TO SAY, TOLD YOU SO?:)
This should be great for the already slow housing market.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>YUR NEXT, BITCH. KISS IT! G'HEAD... YOU GOT NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER
YEAH! You didn't ask, but you read my mind. Get em....!
Jindal-Petraeus 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday called on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party” and make a concerted effort to reach a broader swath of voters with an inclusive economic message that pre-empts efforts to caricature the GOP as the party of the rich.
“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Jindal told POLITICO in a 45-minute telephone interview.“We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”
He was just as blunt on how the GOP should speak to voters, criticizing his party for offending and speaking down to much of the electorate.
Agreed!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid "shinning" fails to understand that GOC is not a party; the Grumpy Old Pricks are no one's idea of a good time, and I would be a Deliciously Excellent Matriarch. Where are you from? I'm betting Alabama...they get $2.30 back for every tax dollar they put in and want to secede really badly. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!
'Get Out of my Panties.'

priceless.
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

GOOD MORNING, LEO. GOOD MORNING, CAROL. HOW'S EVERY LITTLE THING TODAY?

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Throw out your BS numbers. The bottom line;
- There are million fewer American's working than when president nobama assumed office
Peace
KMA
Here you go again. Blaminh Obama for not stopping all job losses from the minute he waled in the door.

According to you, it should have gone like this:

Nov 08 - 550,000 Jobs lost
Dec 08 - 650,000 jobs lost
Jan 09 - 750,000 jobs lost
Feb 09 zero jobs lost.

You just can't admit that the recession caused job losses until Obama shut them off through the stimulus bill.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

Because that would be honest. And we all know what a dishonest, lying POS you are.

GFY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Terry rigsby 48,868
Amy 7-24 52 min RACE 2
Abby 7-24 1 hr RACE 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,899
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,368
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,516
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000