Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
743,821 - 743,840 of 1,083,777 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying Obama's biggest accomplishment is being black?
And he's only half-assed at that.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Partisan Journalists Are Following the Money All Too Literally

The right-wing media’s disconnect from reality in the 2012 election was fed by its financial dependence on the growing partisan economy.

Sifting through the wreckage of the 2012 election, conservatives are realizing the price of staying inside their cocoon. The unskewed polls, the partisan cheerleading and complaints about the MSM’s liberal bias, the rigid think-tank reinforcement—it all led the right into a state of denial about the election, and a disconnect from modern American culture.

Perhaps the most powerful driver of this galloping group-think? Money.

The rise of partisan media has created financial incentives for columnists, pundits, and pollsters to try and please ideological employers with pronouncements that resonate with the faithful. After all, nothing gets clicks like confirmation bias.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...

Dick Morris is a prime example of a partisan hack posing as a pollster and analyst, and as part of his mea culpa for publically predicting a landslide for Mitt Romney he essentially admitted to Sean Hannity that he was trying to create his own reality-distortion field:“There was a period of time when the Romney campaign was falling apart, people were not optimistic, nobody thought there was a chance of victory and I felt that it was my duty at that point to go out and say what I said.” This is a naked admission that his political analysis is little more than partisan propaganda —and yet what’s most striking is how dog-bites-man it seems, an acknowledgement of the obvious.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
According to the web site Zillow, the White House is worth 283 million dollars. When Mitt Romney heard that he said, "You mean I could have just bought it."
He could buy your ass for twice what your worth and sell you for half price all day everyday and not even think about it , you ghetto rat trash .

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Petraeus-Rubio 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>All a ghetto-rat has to do perform an abortion at home is take a few Ex-Lax.
I have news. Your racist crap you post here is not funny, it's pathetic.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Phrase of the day "diplomatic immunity."
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Look beneath your bed tonight. Sean Hannity could be there planting a radioactive pile to slowly kill you in your sleep. Rush Limbaugh has probably poisoned your water supply and Sarah Palin is going to try seducing you in your sleep.
It's a jungle out there for paranoid Liberal conspiracy theorists.
Don't look in the mirror. There might be a conspiracy theorists in there coming to get you, too.
And the Weather Channel, which is owned by Bain Capital, caused hurricane Sandy to strike the east coast just before the election in order to suppress voter turnout. It was just another attempt by Republicans to disenfranchise black voters.
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your mouth still dry from doing all that spitting at the Veteran's Day parades?
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

moshx wrote:
Over 600,000 signatures have been placed across the nation to seceede.with 27 days left to sign. the libs called them a handfull of wackos 3 days ago now its starting to look like a patroit army.
I wonder which country the new state of Puerto Rico will choose to become part of?

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text> condoms 50cents. The pill $18 a month if your not capabable of funding your own sex life then keep you're pants on. If you don't want anyone to have any say over your actions then don't demand others pay for the results of your actions.
You need a doctor's appointment to get a prescription for the pill. Not all women can take the pill & require other, more expensive routes.

And here you are, now putting an income level before a person can have sex.

The point is not "should", the point is to make contraception more available.

More available means fewer abortions.

But there you go again, being too stupid to know that these are related.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

On Election Day, Republicans Suffered Consequences of Voter Suppression Strategy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/donna-brazile/r...
Naija boy Nigerian born

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

NIGERIAN BOY should be next!!!!!!!
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
America voted to continue Incompetence!! The WH has argue that the President wasn’t aware of Fast and Furious, he wasn’t aware of the attacks prior to 9/11 on Benghazi and now Petraeus, Liberals/Democrats either this President is Totally Incompetent or it’s a Cover-up!!
Fast and Furious was Eric Holder's fault. Benghazi was Hillary Clinton's fault. The Petraeus scandal was the FBI's fault. That's why he's known as the Blamer-in-Chief.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

In 2009, Gov. Perry supported a State House resolution to secede and made comments at a rally alluding to an independent Texas.

But on Tuesday his spokesman said he "shares the frustration many Americans have with our federal government" but he "believes in the greatness of our union and nothing should be done to change it."

"People are free to do whatever people wanna do. We got a great country, and I full well expect us to get to focused on the work at hand which is keeping the economy strong in Texas," Perry later said.

President Obama might have to respond to the new secession movement because he promised to respond to any petition on the "We The People" website that garnered at least 25,000 signatures.

But given that there are also now petitions on the website calling for Austin to secede from the state and remain in the union and for anyone who signs the secession petitions to be deported, the Internet phenomena may not be taken seriously.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/20088140/gov-pe...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Up With Louisiana Secession!

I, for one, support the grassroots petition calling on Louisiana to secede from the United States. Why should we settle for always being No. 49 or No. 50 among U.S. states when we could be the No. 1 nation in the Caribbean?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Petraeus-Rubio 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Is your mouth still dry from doing all that spitting at the Veteran's Day parades?
Keep guessing. I'm not the one who hid from the draft, you did.

I'm not the one posting racial slur after racial slur, that would be you.

One chickensh*t racist f*ck.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

New petition: Deport everyone who wants to secede

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20...
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: What's a positive thing that ghetto-rats have in common?
A: HIV
Petraeus-Rubio 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Homer just calm down for a minute, you know your blood pressure skyrockets when you get like this. You calm now? Good. Now tell me where your blood thirsty, baby killing inclinations found their roots. There must be something in your background that explains your desire to kill innocent children.
He only like to kill them after he has sex with them.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
New petition: Deport everyone who wants to secede
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20...
Then nobody would be left that contributes to society. Who would support your mooching lazy ars, dummy?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Romney’s Defeat Exposes Inconvenient Truths of the Republican Party

The roots of Romney’s defeat reach much deeper into the Republican Party than many would like to admit.

Democrats had a lousy economy, made some rather dubious policy choices in the past four years, and had an incumbent who chose to skip the first debate. But when it came to just about everything else, they handled things expertly, or developments went their way. Republicans had a bright candidate, but one who lacked the dexterity to handle a very challenging set of circumstances, and a party that was well out of touch with the demographic, generational, and ideological changes quietly transforming the electorate.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/columns/off-to...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 11 min _Zoey_ 4,591
Music Artists A to Z 13 min _Zoey_ 263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
The Best Investment Advice Of All Time 1 hr Chan 1
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes 2 hr Chan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 477
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,198
Amy 7-30 3 hr pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 175,138
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs