Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#803905 Nov 13, 2012
What do they say?

"Watch out for carol, she is one sour grape!"

Your Mitt was shown the door! Bye bye loser.

Even with all his millions: no brain!

The lying loser thought he was "winning" up till midnight?

On that 1950 platform and thievery tax cuts for the richest?

Here is the fiscal cliff: NO BIG DEAL!

THE SUN WILL SHINE TOMORROW.

If Boehner won't play ball: then rates go up anyway. So what. Spending gets cut a little. Republicans go down as the biggest jerks ever: and never win again.

BIGGEST LOSERS EVER? YES. SOUR GRAPES MORONS.
carol wrote:
Economists say that if the package of tax increases and spending cuts known as the "fiscal cliff" takes effect on Jan. 1 the economy will likely sink into a recession.
http://news.msn.com/politics/most-wouldnt-be-...
WASHINGTON - Everyone who pays income tax — and some who don't — will feel it.
The package of tax increases and spending cuts known as the "fiscal cliff" takes effect in January unless Congress passes a budget deal by then. The economy would be hit so hard that it would likely sink into recession in the first half of 2013, economists say.
And no matter who you are, it will be all but impossible to avoid the pain.
Middle income families would have to pay an average of about $2,000 more next year, the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center has calculated.
Up to 3.4 million jobs would be lost, the Congressional Budget Office estimates. The unemployment rate would reach 9.1 percent from the current 7.9 percent. Stocks could plunge. The nonpartisan CBO estimates the total cost of the cliff in 2013 at $671 billion.
....what say liberals?
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803910 Nov 13, 2012
POLITICO:“More than half of voters favor increasing taxes, according to early exit polls released Tuesday night. Six in 10 voters nationwide say they think taxes should be increased

and yet...

Mitch McConnell:'We Have a Voter Mandate Not to Raise Taxes'

heads of stone
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803911 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Economists say that if the package of tax increases and spending cuts known as the "fiscal cliff" takes effect on Jan. 1 the economy will likely sink into a recession.
http://news.msn.com/politics/most-wouldnt-be-...
WASHINGTON - Everyone who pays income tax — and some who don't — will feel it.
The package of tax increases and spending cuts known as the "fiscal cliff" takes effect in January unless Congress passes a budget deal by then. The economy would be hit so hard that it would likely sink into recession in the first half of 2013, economists say.
And no matter who you are, it will be all but impossible to avoid the pain.
Middle income families would have to pay an average of about $2,000 more next year, the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center has calculated.
Up to 3.4 million jobs would be lost, the Congressional Budget Office estimates. The unemployment rate would reach 9.1 percent from the current 7.9 percent. Stocks could plunge. The nonpartisan CBO estimates the total cost of the cliff in 2013 at $671 billion.
....what say liberals?
contact your republican members of congress and tell them to pull their fat melons out of norquist's a$$
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803912 Nov 13, 2012
WEEKLY STANDARD’S BILL KRISTOL: “President Obama won re-election. I hate to say it, but he said he wanted to raise taxes on the wealthy and he got 51 percent of the vote. They won seats in the Senate and the House.” [Fox News’ Special Report with Bret Baier, 11/7/12]
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803913 Nov 13, 2012
WSJ’s STEPHEN MOORE: “Now, look, Barack Obama won the election. Elections have consequences. He ran on the fact that he’s going to raise those tax cuts — those tax rates on the rich, so he can claim that he’s got a voter mandate to do that.” [FBN’s The Willis Report, 11/7/12]
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803914 Nov 13, 2012
NBC’s CHUCK TODD & DAVID GREGORY:

GREGORY:“Did the President win the fight over taxes last night?”

TODD:“I looked at that exit poll. It sure looks like it to me.”

GREGORY:“Yeah.”

TODD:“Maybe not on health care. There were some other things that didn’t go so well for the President, but boy, on taxes, it wasn’t even close.”
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803915 Nov 13, 2012
CNN’s ANDERSON COOPER:“This president got re-elected very clearly saying that is what he wanted to do—to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans. The Republican challenger said he did not want to do that and he did not get elected. Doesn’t that give President Obama and the Democrats some right to push for raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans?”[CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360, 12/7/12]
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803916 Nov 13, 2012
SLATE’S DAVE WEIGEL: “Barack Obama ran on one consistent tax promise, in both 2008 and 2012. Vote for him, and you’d see middle-class tax rates stay the same while the rate on income over $250,000 increased to 39.6 percent. /// Twice, in four years, a majority of voters have picked Obama for president, knowing full well that he’ll raise upper-income tax rates.” [Slate, 11/7/12]
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803917 Nov 13, 2012
there's your f*cking mandate
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#803918 Nov 13, 2012
Bipartinship I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my arse.
Lord Fetch

Chicago Heights, IL

#803919 Nov 13, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree
she's broken...her wheels have come off. she swallowed the hook and she's not coming back...very entertaining though watching her running around dodging hunks of imaginary falling sky.

and when this all plays out and the world doesn't end and the economy fires up, you know these same a$$holes are going to find a way to try to take credit for it.

tards...the world's full of 'em
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#803920 Nov 13, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct; however, it also comes with another term, I would hope.....Murder.
I agree.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#803921 Nov 13, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
there's your f*cking mandate
Rumor has it that Raum Emanuel was Barack Obama's mandate.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#803922 Nov 13, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Bipartinship I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my arse.
Just to show we can get along, I'll drive with my headlights on during the day for Romney and you drive with your headlights off at night for Obama. If we work together we can do this and the nation will be better off because of the cooperation.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#803923 Nov 13, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
President Obama (I will not budge on tax policies). He stated that in 2010, I did this once, extend the Bush tax cuts for two years, and I will not do this again. Hi He Hi Ho its off the cliff we go. A recent poll, 53 percent say the Republicans will be the blame if we go off the fiscal cliff. Back to the Clinton years of budget surplus.
My god, ur an idiot. do you know anything about anything?
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#803924 Nov 13, 2012
Obama Won Woo Hoo wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT post. In New York City, she can have her fetus removed at any time for any reason, but she can't put 16oz of a soft drink in her body.
I posted the article because I thought it was interesting how the current Christian views on abortion were shaped by Jerry Falwell and the Catholic Church. Not because I want soda or I plan to get an abortion any time soon lol. Don't you ever question why you believe the things that you do?

From the article-

In 1968, Christianity Today published a special issue on contraception and abortion, encapsulating the consensus among evangelical thinkers at the time. In the leading article, professor Bruce Waltke, of the famously conservative Dallas Theological Seminary, explained the Bible plainly teaches that life begins at birth:

“God does not regard the fetus as a soul, no matter how far gestation has progressed. The Law plainly exacts:'If a man kills any human life he will be put to death'(Lev. 24:17). But according to Exodus 21:22–24, the destruction of the fetus is not a capital offense… Clearly, then, in contrast to the mother, the fetus is not reckoned as a soul.”

The magazine Christian Life agreed, insisting,“The Bible definitely pinpoints a difference in the value of a fetus and an adult.” And the Southern Baptist Convention passed a 1971 resolution affirming abortion should be legal not only to protect the life of the mother, but to protect her emotional health as well.

These stalwart evangelical institutions and leaders would be heretics by today’s standards. Yet their positions were mainstream at the time, widely believed by born-again Christians to flow from the unambiguous teaching of Scripture.

Televangelist Jerry Falwell spearheaded the reversal of opinion on abortion in the late 1970s, leading his Moral Majority activist group into close political alliance with Catholic organizations against the sexual revolution.

In contrast to evangelicals, Catholics had mobilized against abortion immediately after Roe v. Wade. Drawing on mid-19th century Church doctrines, organizations like the National Right to Life Committee insisted a right to life exists from the moment of conception.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

As evangelical leaders formed common cause with Catholics on topics like feminism and homosexuality, they began re-interpreting the Bible as teaching the Roman Catholic position on abortion.

Falwell’s first major treatment of the issue, in a 1980 book chapter called, significantly,“The Right to Life,” declared,“The Bible clearly states that life begins at conception…(Abortion) is murder according to the Word of God.”

With the megawatt power of his TV presence and mailing list, Falwell and his allies disseminated these interpretations to evangelicals across America.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#803925 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
When the majority of Americans vote for Marxist principles over Jeffersonian principles, it's time for states who want to secede to become sovreign nations.
It's what Jefferson would have done.
I hope they do it, f the blue states. Let's see California, NY and Illinois go it alone.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#803928 Nov 13, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy? That's what you were begging me to call you last night. A man wouldn't have needed the orders I had to give to guide your substandard performance.
Additionally, boy-child, your reference from 2006 is far from current. Shall I update you and, thereby, school your lame azz as well? http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/t...
I'll let your remedial use of the English language go at this time. However, if you wanna play games with the grown-ups, you're going to have to step up a great deal.
You, dim-wit negative charge, are dismissed.
Next.
You sh*t yerself agin, Bozo. Stupid people don't get embarrassed so I expect you to keep pizzing into the ceiling fan.

You j8ust sent a link to a gov website with data only as close as 2007 and it STILL shows horrendous numbers of black women using abortions as BC.

What are sniffing tonight? Don't let the toilet seat hit you on the head at supper.

You are a Fool dressed in intelligentsia clothing.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#803929 Nov 13, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>she's broken...her wheels have come off. she swallowed the hook and she's not coming back...very entertaining though watching her running around dodging hunks of imaginary falling sky.
and when this all plays out and the world doesn't end and the economy fires up, you know these same a$$holes are going to find a way to try to take credit for it.
tards...the world's full of 'em
US Companies Plan Layoffs Because of Obamacare

Welch Allyn — 275 employees, about 10 percent of its workforce, over the next three years.

Dana Holding Corp.— unspecified number’

Stryker — 96 jobs in December. They also say they’ll slash 5 percent of their global workforce, about 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific — 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while shifting investments and workers overseas to China.

Medtronic cut 500 positions over the summer, with 500 more set to be eliminated by the end of 2013.

Smith & Nephew — 770 layoffs

Abbott Labs — 700 layoffs

Covidien — 595 layoffs

Kinetic Concepts — 427 layoffs

St. Jude Medical — 300 layoffs

Hill Rom — 200 layoffs

Papa Johns - cutting hours to thirty or below

Murray Energy-150 layoffs

And the beat goes on....

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#803937 Nov 13, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
My sense is that this thread's dying? How do you guys feel about it?
Just too many dead skunks. Things'll improve once you quit stinking up the place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min well 50,657
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min jacques Ottawa 179,477
Amy 10-24 2 hr your poor wife 15
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 6 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 6 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]