Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#803633 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he will. Try running his trucks across the new US border between Texass and the US.
My God, do you people ever think?
NAFTA Duh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#803634 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good for him. Sounds like as Dave posted -
"You will find out that the bill to which you are referring, was put up by the rabid right in an attempt to get certain verbiage in the law so as to weaken the legal abortion laws in the books & make it easier to legislate against abortion in the future."
You need to go back and read what he said again.

He said that whenever we define a "previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause" they become persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child that was delivered to term...even if born at 9 months.

This would, according to Obama, forbid abortions to take place.

He couldn't have made it any clearer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#803635 Nov 13, 2012
So, aren't the Benghazi hearings going on presently? Is there any earth shattering news there or has the right shifted it's interest/conspiracies to the diddling Generals?

Anyone else wonder how those two fks found the time to do their generalling in between all those emails?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Wilkes Barre, PA

#803636 Nov 13, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, I get great pleasure out of slappin' you liberal dipsh!ts around. It's kind of a low exertion, high return, mental exercise.
AN YOU SOOOOO GOOD AT IT TOO...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#803637 Nov 13, 2012
krissy wrote:
Can we nominate people that we'd like to see move to New Texas? Because I know quite a few that I'd buy a bus ticket for!
I used to do a lot of business with a certain Texas manufacturer. One day, the guy was bragging about Texas how people there think they should be their own country. I said this: "Neal, there are a lot of people outside of Texas who think the same thing".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#803638 Nov 13, 2012
Drunkin Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure your snatch looks like it went through a meat grinder.But I'm also sure you will say it's your Bushs fault.
Funny. You REALLY have no idea.

Go mesmerize someone else.

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#803639 Nov 13, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, I get great pleasure out of slappin' you liberal dipsh!ts around. It's kind of a low exertion, high return, mental exercise.
well...at least you would if you could....keep dreaming tard

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#803640 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading history.
The Civil Rights bill was passed because nearly everyone in Congress outside the South voted for it while everyone in Congress from the South voted against it.
Republican/Democrat didn't matter.
Now try being better informed. You are embarrassing yourself. As usual
Who made up "everyone in Congress from the South", you idiot? Was it Republicans? Or maybe it was the Democrats who soon became Republicans? Read history - the history you've been reading was written in the last ten years by revisionist progressives and since you fit into it's narrative, you gobble it up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#803641 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go back and read what he said again.
He said that whenever we define a "previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause" they become persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child that was delivered to term...even if born at 9 months.
This would, according to Obama, forbid abortions to take place.
He couldn't have made it any clearer.
What do you think "previable" means?

This verbiage is like personhood verbiage.

It tries to define all fetuses as children.

Obama was right to vote no as did most in the IL senate at the time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#803642 Nov 13, 2012
TSM wrote:
I sure love the Liberal compassion for the Black Community!!
Blacks have the Highest Abortion Rate, the highest out of wedlock pregnancy rate. Young woman having three are four kids by 4 or 5 different men, highest high school dropout rate, highest unemployment rate this is progress and supported by the Liberals/Democrats Party!!
At 13% of the population that is scandalous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#803643 Nov 13, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> NAFTA Duh!
NAFTA is between the US, Canada, & Mexico.

Not this new country called Texass.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#803644 Nov 13, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made up "everyone in Congress from the South", you idiot? Was it Republicans? Or maybe it was the Democrats who soon became Republicans? Read history - the history you've been reading was written in the last ten years by revisionist progressives and since you fit into it's narrative, you gobble it up.
Look, moron, there were Republicans from the South in Congress in 1964 & they voted against the Civil Rights Act.

If it were a Democrat thing then certainly the Democrats outside the South would have voted against it but they didn't.

It was regional, dipstick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#803645 Nov 13, 2012
I'm really surprised they haven't gotten to Texas versus White. The question of secession has actually come before the SCOTUS. While many may disagree with that decision, it does, nonetheless stand. Barring a new ruling from the court there is no Constitutional right of secession. Sorry Texas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#803646 Nov 13, 2012
krissy wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/...
No Regrets for Man With Romney Tattoo on His Face
“Obama supporters have come up to me since the election and said,’Told you so’ or ‘You look like an idiot,’ but if you take Romney’s losing out of the equation and someone with a face tattoo out of the equation and actually have a conversation with me, you might realize that it’s not just about what is on the surface.”
Except that he's the one who deliberately brings it into each and every conversation - if he didn't expect folks to take it into consideration, perhaps he would have tattooed 'Romney' across something other than his face.

food for thought.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#803647 Nov 13, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> At 13% of the population that is scandalous.
That’s Obama’s and Liberals/Democrats blueprint for the Rest of America!!
Lincoln Douglass

United States

#803648 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
First, to preface what a "present" vote means:
Because it takes affirmative votes to pass legislation in the Illinois Senate, a "present" vote is tantamount to a "no" vote. A "present" vote is generally used to provide political cover for legislators who don't want to be on the record against a bill that they oppose. Of course, Obama isn't the first or only Illinois state senator to vote "present," but he is the only one running for President of the United States.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200...
Now, here is a full list of Obama's seven 'present' votes on issues related to abortion:
1997 Votes
SB 230 Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. Senate approved bill 44-7, with five senators voting present, including Obama.
HB 382 Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. House version, passed Illinois State Senate, adopted as law. Under the bill, doctors who perform partial-birth abortions could be sent to prison for one to three years. The woman would not be held liable.
2001 Votes
HB 1900 Parental Notice of Abortion Act. Bill passed 38-10, with nine present votes, including Obama.
SB 562 Parental Notice of Abortion Act. Bill passed Senate 39-7, with 11 present votes, including Obama.
SB 1093 Law to protect Liveborn children. Bill passed 34-6, with 12 present, including Obama.
SB 1094 Bill to protect children born as result of induced labor abortion. Bill passed 33-6, with 13 present, including Obama.
SB 1095 Bill defining "born alive" defines "born-alive infant" to include infant "born alive at any stage of development." Bill passed 34-5, with nine present, including Obama.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker...
Because he did not vote to ban partial birth abortions or did not vote to support the born alive act, he voted no.
You can't vote present on such important issues if you want them to be passed.
Keep writing nonsense and you will lose in 2014 with the guidance of the "elite talk media spin doctors".
America voted for President Obama

Loysville, PA

#803649 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
First, to preface what a "present" vote means:
Because it takes affirmative votes to pass legislation in the Illinois Senate, a "present" vote is tantamount to a "no" vote. A "present" vote is generally used to provide political cover for legislators who don't want to be on the record against a bill that they oppose. Of course, Obama isn't the first or only Illinois state senator to vote "present," but he is the only one running for President of the United States.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200...
Now, here is a full list of Obama's seven 'present' votes on issues related to abortion:
1997 Votes
SB 230 Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. Senate approved bill 44-7, with five senators voting present, including Obama.
HB 382 Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. House version, passed Illinois State Senate, adopted as law. Under the bill, doctors who perform partial-birth abortions could be sent to prison for one to three years. The woman would not be held liable.
2001 Votes
HB 1900 Parental Notice of Abortion Act. Bill passed 38-10, with nine present votes, including Obama.
SB 562 Parental Notice of Abortion Act. Bill passed Senate 39-7, with 11 present votes, including Obama.
SB 1093 Law to protect Liveborn children. Bill passed 34-6, with 12 present, including Obama.
SB 1094 Bill to protect children born as result of induced labor abortion. Bill passed 33-6, with 13 present, including Obama.
SB 1095 Bill defining "born alive" defines "born-alive infant" to include infant "born alive at any stage of development." Bill passed 34-5, with nine present, including Obama.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker...
Because he did not vote to ban partial birth abortions or did not vote to support the born alive act, he voted no.
You can't vote present on such important issues if you want them to be passed.
A "present" vote indicates you do not necessarily support the bill buy don't see a lot wrong with it to vote against it.

Most were designed to use for political fodder.

Do you really think that it was legal for a born infant that is viable to be left to die? Of course not.

This is the rabid right trying to make political hay.

Period.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#803650 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good for him. Sounds like as Dave posted -
"You will find out that the bill to which you are referring, was put up by the rabid right in an attempt to get certain verbiage in the law so as to weaken the legal abortion laws in the books & make it easier to legislate against abortion in the future."
Okay Homer just calm down for a minute, you know your blood pressure skyrockets when you get like this. You calm now? Good. Now tell me where your blood thirsty, baby killing inclinations found their roots. There must be something in your background that explains your desire to kill innocent children.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#803651 Nov 13, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
I'm really surprised they haven't gotten to Texas versus White. The question of secession has actually come before the SCOTUS. While many may disagree with that decision, it does, nonetheless stand. Barring a new ruling from the court there is no Constitutional right of secession. Sorry Texas.
Sorry it is in Texas's constitution. Any state has the right to succeed from the country just as we as citizens have the right to overthrow the government if we do not like it. That is the main reason for the first and second amendment. Of course most of the press has decided to join the government against the people. The big problem, and this always happens, is the same people who help kill freedom are always the first ones killed. They never learn.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#803652 Nov 13, 2012
Lincoln Douglass wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep writing nonsense and you will lose in 2014 with the guidance of the "elite talk media spin doctors".
America voted for President Obama
Partly correct, non-taxpaying americans overwhelming voted for Obama. All the people that want "free stuff" from the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Fair Game 46,709
Amy 9-20 50 min edogxxx 2
Abby 9-20 56 min Pippa 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Scary Mooooooslim 178,073
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 2 hr mikayla tisdale 3,784
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr andet1987 4,719
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••