Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#803654 Nov 13, 2012
John "study hard or you'll end up in Iraq" Kerry is being nominated for Secretary of Defense.

Oy veh...
carol

Orlando, FL

#803655 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol has gone completely off the deep end.
Obama's stance on parital birth abortions is why I cried my eyes out the first time...knowing my fellow countrymen would elect a man so callous about human life.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#803656 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those on the rabid right are too stupid to know that there is a relationship between contraception & abortion.
It is you & the rabid right that made contraception an issue.
Prior to you & Limbaugh calling all women who have sex outside of marriage sluts, many states already had that rule & the Pope even followed it.
So really, Contraception, Rape, etc,are issues brought up by you & your party & now you blame others.
How pathetic.
only a mindless lib is to stupid to understand that peoples actions and lack of any personal responsibility is the reason for unwanted children and abortion. Libs don't want anyone telling them how to behave but they have no problem controlling others ,demanding that someone else pay for the outcome of their actions.
NO more American Lady

Danville, KY

#803657 Nov 13, 2012
Petitions seeking White House approval to ‘secede’ now

come from 47 states

Laugh, Laugh

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/13/petitions-s...

purplesuiter

Wow, 47 states have petitions now. Just think 10 more states to go and president DUNCE will have petitions from EVERY STATE IN THE UNION.

jeepdude911

I couldn't have said it better myself.

;-)

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#803658 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A "present" vote indicates you do not necessarily support the bill buy don't see a lot wrong with it to vote against it.
Most were designed to use for political fodder.
Do you really think that it was legal for a born infant that is viable to be left to die? Of course not.
This is the rabid right trying to make political hay.
Period.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
It's not just that a four-syllabic term such as previable is beyond the scope of carol's comprehension, she also supports putting doctors who provide abortions in prison--after all, her total crush, Orally, got one shot dead, in church, in front of his wife and child. Just how more pro-life can you get than killing a man in church.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#803659 Nov 13, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Partly correct, non-taxpaying americans overwhelming voted for Obama. All the people that want "free stuff" from the government.
Not even close to bring CORRECT.
carol

Orlando, FL

#803661 Nov 13, 2012
Isn't it ironic that JFK saw Vietnam as a way to rectify his blunder in Cuba and the Bay of Pigs?

Which led to John Kerry testifying our
Vietnam vets acted like Genghis Khan?

A democrat got us into Vietnam to save face, another democrat became the voice of the atrocities that were committed in that war to save face and now that same democrat is being nominated for Secretary of Defense.

Seems a bit odd.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#803662 Nov 13, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Partly correct, non-taxpaying americans overwhelming voted for Obama. All the people that want "free stuff" from the government.
Prove it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#803663 Nov 13, 2012
Gingrich Tells The Truth About Swift Boat Veterans

Responding to a relentless wave of Iowa attacks ads produced by a Mitt Romney-friendly Super PAC, an angry Newt Gingrich last week challenged Romney to debate the "dishonest" commercials. Over the holiday weekend, Gingrich said of the ads, "I feel Romney-boated."

As the Associated press noted:

Gingrich's nautical attack was a reference to a 2004 TV ad campaign by a group called the "Swiftboat Veterans for Truth" that bloodied Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.

Gingrich's turn of phrase was telling. Why? Because this was Newt Gingrich, a leader of the modern-day conservative movement, presidential candidate, and proud Republican partisan adopting language that acknowledged the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are synonymous with unsubstantiated campaign attack ads. With his "Romney-boated" comment, the former Republican Speaker of the House reinforced what progressives have been saying for years.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/01/03/gingr...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#803664 Nov 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It's not just that a four-syllabic term such as previable is beyond the scope of carol's comprehension, she also supports putting doctors who provide abortions in prison--after all, her total crush, Orally, got one shot dead, in church, in front of his wife and child. Just how more pro-life can you get than killing a man in church.
30 million to one, hell of a ratio? He didn't kill anymore babies did he??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#803665 Nov 13, 2012
Republican Fantasy Candidates Did the Right Thing by Staying Out

The politicians that stayed out of the 2012 race probably had a better understanding of the Republican primary electorate and the overall electorate than many of their admirers and cheerleaders. They recognized that Romney wasn’t as vulnerable or easy to beat in the primaries as many supposed, and they may have realized earlier than most in their own party that Obama wasn’t likely to lose. After all, why should they engage in a difficult and likely losing effort against Romney just for the chance to challenge a reasonably popular incumbent president?

Did the fantasy candidates do their party and their country a disservice by staying out of the race? That doesn’t seem right. I can’t imagine how a party could be more poorly served than by having ill-prepared candidates lured into the race against their better judgment. If these politicians were unwilling to enter the race, they wouldn’t have done their party any favors by doing so grudgingly and in spite of their own reservations. Had more than one of them agreed to run, it likely would have split up the conservative vote even more, so at most they probably would have prolonged the contest without changing the outcome.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#803666 Nov 13, 2012
Ryan: It ‘Looked Like We Stood A Pretty Good Chance Of Winning’ On Election Day

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

Someone lied to that guy.

That can't even tell each other the truth.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#803667 Nov 13, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry it is in Texas's constitution. Any state has the right to succeed from the country just as we as citizens have the right to overthrow the government if we do not like it. That is the main reason for the first and second amendment. Of course most of the press has decided to join the government against the people. The big problem, and this always happens, is the same people who help kill freedom are always the first ones killed. They never learn.
What kind of press was around in 1860? "people who help kill freedom are always the first ones killed"??? Could you give a few examples or analogies in support of this statement? I know you're trying to be profound and I was hoping to give you another chance to be coherent. What keeps you from being a domestic terrorist?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#803668 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Isn't it ironic that JFK saw Vietnam as a way to rectify his blunder in Cuba and the Bay of Pigs?
A democrat got us into Vietnam to save face, another democrat became the voice of the atrocities that were committed in that war to save face and now that same democrat is being nominated for Secretary of Defense.
Seems a bit odd.
Isn't it ironic, What we wonder is how much money changed hands between John F'n Kerry's wife and Barack Hussein Obama's accounts in foreign countries??
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#803669 Nov 13, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock.

Ever heard of New York and California?

Home to many Billionaires, Democrats, tax payers.

Top 400 people in the USA worth $1.7 Trillion.

That is an average of $2.5 Billion each person.

Some worth $50 billion each.

Lot of blue on that list. They say: tax us, we can afford it. We voted for Obama! We love what he's done with the place.

(No more selfish right wingers....you don't matter anymore! Nobody likes you! You lost: losers!)
TSM

El Paso, TX

#803670 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Seems a bit odd.
Carol it’s not hard to understand!! The bigger your failures the more Prominent you become in the Liberal/Democrat Party!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#803671 Nov 13, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>"schooling'? Great idea, let;s go into a discussion then. You start the "schooling", just have some patience with me, because I am not always able to be logged on as I got work as well. Please, if you are SOOOO well-versed, then you have nothing to lose by entering a REAL discusion with me, right?

Bottom line: Another condescending, mad and angry liberal still on a victory lap, hehe. Take another one you. In comparison to 1917, the mobility of "the rich" is much more efficient today, so there are only so many more limits to what you can get hold off that's mine.
My how your wording quickly improved when you were called out. Sounds vaguely familiar; gosh, could it be you've changed your name to hide your ignorance?

Location hidden

#803672 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>25 million Texans are not going to agree with 65,000 jackwagons. Unlike these 65,000 most Texans are loyal Americans.
Reminds me of playground games; "I don't like that I'm losing, so I'm taking my toys and leaving."

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#803673 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>25 million Texans are not going to agree with 65,000 jackwagons. Unlike these 65,000 most Texans are loyal Americans.
26 other states have also put up the petitions.and they will collect names till 12/9 . I doubt the petitions will go very far but it will be intresting to see just how many patroits are willing to make a stand again st the government tyranny that has betrayed the constitution that they swore an oath to uphold. There is allready enough signatures to force a response from obama, his words should be chosen carfully as not to start a revelution.

Location hidden

#803674 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Obama, Senate floor, 2002:[A]dding a – an additional doctor who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision of the woman and the physician to induce labor and perform an abortion.… I think it’s important to understand that this issue ultimately is about abortion and not live births.

Obama, Senate floor, 2001: Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we’re really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a – a child, a nine-month-old – child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it – it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.

...you've been duped, Homer, sorry to say.
Big IF THIS IS A CHILD. A fetus has no chance at sustained life independent of support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,648
Amy 10-30 17 min edogxxx 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Lawrence Wolf 50,752
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min Stina2 98,536
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,814
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 660
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 47,578
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]