Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#803561 Nov 13, 2012
“What Conservative Media Bubble?” Says the Conservative Still Inside the Bubble

They thought they were running against another Carter, and discovered too late that people outside their coalition didn’t see him that way. If your candidate’s core message is that the incumbent is a huge failure, and most voters don’t know what you’re talking about, he was never likely to overcome the disadvantages of being a challenger.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

And it would seem that within that bubble there is a Topix bubble.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NO more American Lady

Danville, KY

#803562 Nov 13, 2012
What Is The Point Of Telling Ugly Truths?

“What is the point of telling ugly truths? Don’t you know it will hurt people? What good can come from it?”

The value of truth is self-evident. The pursuit of it needs no explanation.

Some ask the question from genuine motives. They sincerely don’t, or can’t, see the value in exposing pretty lies and ugly truths. And they want to know,“Where’s the Benefit?” One such topic of discussion which often elicits this bristled reaction is honest discussion about average human population groups differences (along numerous metrics). I understand the urge to silence, or cavalierly dismiss, open discussion of this topic. The human ego is the most powerful force in the universe, more powerful even than the female tingle. We are constructed of origin material that impels us to wrap our senses of self-worth in the neuronal equivalent of three foot steel-reinforced concrete bunkers, and to associate, no matter how unjustifiably, attacks against our tribe as judgments on ourselves.

I get it.

And… you know what? I don’t care.

Not anymore.

Not when the opposite of the truth — the filthy, acrid lies we here have been choking on for fifty years or more in this country — has been, and continues to be, used as a cudgel to bludgeon the skulls of the favored whipping boys and to take a huge steaming dump on reality.

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/wha...
THE DEBIL

Wilkes Barre, PA

#803563 Nov 13, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>god changed his mind sometime in the late 1800s...it's ok now
UH-HUH. WELL, HE GOD, SO WHO THE DEBIL TO ARGUE WITH HER? DEBIL NOT GET THE MEMO, THANKS. NICE DIVE, INCIDENTALLY....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Wilkes Barre, PA

#803564 Nov 13, 2012
K, UM, DEBIL SENSE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO ORCHESTRATE A TEACHABLE MOMENT...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#803566 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If liberal women had come out and said they would use free contraceptives to stop aborting their unborn babies, it would have changed the whole dialogue.
An excellent point, carol.
I would hardly limit the responsibility for having done so to liberal women, however. Conservative women obtain abortions too. Some folks seem to 'forget' that part.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>But they want what they want because they want it and just to make a big issue over nothing.
Like Petraeus's mistress, for example.

It's all in the perspective, carol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#803568 Nov 13, 2012
Drunkin Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure your snatch looks like it went through a meat grinder.But I'm also sure you will say it's your Bushs fault.
You REALLY have no idea.

Go fascinate someone else.

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#803570 Nov 13, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry dearie, I wouldn't presume to displace you.
I don't worry about your fantasies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Wilkes Barre, PA

#803572 Nov 13, 2012
JESUS WOKE ABOUT TEN O'CLOCK SATURDAY AN' PROCEEDED TO FALL FLAT ON HIS FACE. HE'D GOTTEN REALLY DRUNK, HE WAS TIRED OF LIVING WITH HIS PARENTS AND HAD FALLEN ASLEEP ON HIS WORKBENCH AMIDST THE WOOD SHAVINGS AN' OTHER DETRITUS OF A WORKING CLASS LIFE.

THE FLOOR OF THE SHOP WAS LITTERED WITH EMPTY WINESKINS AN' HE CRAWLED FROM ONE TO THE OTHER SQUEEZING OUT THE LAS' FEW DROPS OF CHEAP PLONK HE'D TRADED MORTECAI THE WINE-MERCHANT FO', FO' "HEALING" HIS TEENAGED DAUGHTER.

IT BLEW JESUS' MIND THAT MORTECAI STILL THOUGHT THAT JESUS SPENDING ALL NIGHT LOCKED IN THE STABLES WITH THE SCREAMING FULL-BREASTED GIRL WAS SOME SORT OF MIRACLE CURE FOR HER OCCASIONAL DEPRESSION, BUT IT CLEARLY WORKED SO MORTECAI SANG JESUS' PRAISES ROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD AN' IT WASN'T TOO LONG BEFO' JESUS HAD A PRETTY GOOD DEAL GOIN' FO' HISSELF "HEALIN' "SICK GIRLS," ONE OF WHOM HE HAD ACTUALLY "BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE," IT WAS RUMORED. NONE OF THE OTHER PEOPLE OF THE VILLAGE HAD EVER SEEN JESUS WORKING HIS "MIRACLES," BUT THEY HAD ALL, CERTAINLY, HEARD HIM DOING IT, AND THEY HAD BEGUN TO TREAT HIM LIKE A GOD, WHICH, IN A WAY, HE WAS.

BUT, RIGHT NOW, JESUS WAS HUNG OVER AN' IN A FOUL HUMOR AN' NEEDED A DRINK. WOE BE TO HE WHO GOT UP IN JESUS' FACE THIS DAY, I CAN TELL YOU.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#803575 Nov 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing more dense than a member of the Grumpy Old Prick party. Really great thinking to have all the Faux talking heads and even Rush suddenly decide that Obama's plan for immigration reform is better that "self deportation." Big problem with the reich-wing loonies is their belief that everyone is as brain dead and gullible as they...how much was it that Karl Rove took them for? LMAWLEAO
There is nothing more dense than a plaything for the Grumpy Old Prick party. You never have to be invited. Yer on retainer.

Do you still drink cheap 7-Eleven Champagne out of Tupperware service?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#803576 Nov 13, 2012
Ms Lily White wrote:
<quoted text>How bout instead we talk about Black Socks Spitzer or the photos Weiner sent of his Weiner or the President who "did not have sex with that woman". It was so "honorable" when Paula Jones was picking Clinton's c*ck out of a police lineup.
The truth is that men cheating is not tied to either party.

Face it, men have a brain & a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time.

Some men are hounds out there sniffing everything in sight & some are just unable to resist the temptations put in front of them.

Sometimes sh*t just happens & two people fall in love.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#803577 Nov 13, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Who gets deported first Homer , legal citizens that don't like the direction we are headed or the illegal's that agree with the way the country is going ?
I would start with the traitors, at least the illegals will pick vegetables. Traitors are completely worthless.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#803578 Nov 13, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you figured out yet that FOX is lying to you?
Haven't you figured out yet that the Boy Messiah is lying to you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#803579 Nov 13, 2012
I know I'm going straight to hell for laughing, but I just can't help myself lol
TSM

El Paso, TX

#803580 Nov 13, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is a fkn mess.
Clean it up.
Tried and Fail… Stuck with Four more years of “Dog and Pony Show”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#803581 Nov 13, 2012
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
drama queen
Blind Bat

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#803582 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that men cheating is not tied to either party.
Face it, men have a brain & a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time.
Some men are hounds out there sniffing everything in sight & some are just unable to resist the temptations put in front of them.
Sometimes sh*t just happens & two people fall in love.
Good to know romance isn't dead lol
carol

Orlando, FL

#803583 Nov 13, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Damnit, dumb carol, I didn't think you could get any more ignorant, but apparently there's not bottom to you. Have you also started listening to Rush? Do you see no illogical reasoning in your nattering diatribe? Wouldn't free birth control obviate the need for most abortions?(You reichies can't use the term fetus to save your lives, right?)
There is a big difference between having prescription insurance cover birth control and providing government-provided birth control. Don't you want your insurance to pay for your medical needs? Do you even pay for you own insurance. Frankly, I know you know nothing about "liberal women" and doubt you know anything about being a woman at all.(BTW, the word is spelled epitome, Dummy. Tell us some more about your illustrious careers.)
You reelected a president who has no reservations whatsoever about killing a baby coming out of the birth canal with a pair of scissors stuck into the back of its neck.

You must be proud.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#803585 Nov 13, 2012
moshx wrote:
65,000 names so far on the texas petition to seceede.
I hope they're planning for a huge influx of new Texans if they succeed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#803586 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I would start with the traitors, at least the illegals will pick vegetables. Traitors are completely worthless.
Atleast I know where you stand .
carol

Orlando, FL

#803587 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not create a society of victims.
Of course he did. He didn't want to let a good crisis go to waste. He saw big government written all over it.

It's why millions still don't have jobs and millions more are still government dependent.

It's only going to get worse. Brace yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 7 min Politician 1,924
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,643
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,028
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 27 min Eric 69,374
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 35 min boundary painter 321
Word (Dec '08) 47 min boundary painter 4,710
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min ralph 98,222
Dear Abby 9-17-14 1 hr ralph 17
Amy 9-16 2 hr Toj 50
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••