Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1483372 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

United States

#803666 Nov 13, 2012
Ryan: It ‘Looked Like We Stood A Pretty Good Chance Of Winning’ On Election Day

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

Someone lied to that guy.

That can't even tell each other the truth.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#803667 Nov 13, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry it is in Texas's constitution. Any state has the right to succeed from the country just as we as citizens have the right to overthrow the government if we do not like it. That is the main reason for the first and second amendment. Of course most of the press has decided to join the government against the people. The big problem, and this always happens, is the same people who help kill freedom are always the first ones killed. They never learn.
What kind of press was around in 1860? "people who help kill freedom are always the first ones killed"??? Could you give a few examples or analogies in support of this statement? I know you're trying to be profound and I was hoping to give you another chance to be coherent. What keeps you from being a domestic terrorist?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#803668 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Isn't it ironic that JFK saw Vietnam as a way to rectify his blunder in Cuba and the Bay of Pigs?
Which led to John Kerry testifying our
Vietnam vets acted like Genghis Khan?
A democrat got us into Vietnam to save face, another democrat became the voice of the atrocities that were committed in that war to save face and now that same democrat is being nominated for Secretary of Defense.
Seems a bit odd.
Isn't it ironic, What we wonder is how much money changed hands between John F'n Kerry's wife and Barack Hussein Obama's accounts in foreign countries??
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#803669 Nov 13, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Partly correct, non-taxpaying americans overwhelming voted for Obama. All the people that want "free stuff" from the government.
What a crock.

Ever heard of New York and California?

Home to many Billionaires, Democrats, tax payers.

Top 400 people in the USA worth $1.7 Trillion.

That is an average of $2.5 Billion each person.

Some worth $50 billion each.

Lot of blue on that list. They say: tax us, we can afford it. We voted for Obama! We love what he's done with the place.

(No more selfish right wingers....you don't matter anymore! Nobody likes you! You lost: losers!)
TSM

United States

#803670 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Isn't it ironic that JFK saw Vietnam as a way to rectify his blunder in Cuba and the Bay of Pigs?
A democrat got us into Vietnam to save face, another democrat became the voice of the atrocities that were committed in that war to save face and now that same democrat is being nominated for Secretary of Defense.
Seems a bit odd.
Carol it’s not hard to understand!! The bigger your failures the more Prominent you become in the Liberal/Democrat Party!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#803671 Nov 13, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>"schooling'? Great idea, let;s go into a discussion then. You start the "schooling", just have some patience with me, because I am not always able to be logged on as I got work as well. Please, if you are SOOOO well-versed, then you have nothing to lose by entering a REAL discusion with me, right?

Bottom line: Another condescending, mad and angry liberal still on a victory lap, hehe. Take another one you. In comparison to 1917, the mobility of "the rich" is much more efficient today, so there are only so many more limits to what you can get hold off that's mine.
My how your wording quickly improved when you were called out. Sounds vaguely familiar; gosh, could it be you've changed your name to hide your ignorance?

Location hidden

#803672 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>25 million Texans are not going to agree with 65,000 jackwagons. Unlike these 65,000 most Texans are loyal Americans.
Reminds me of playground games; "I don't like that I'm losing, so I'm taking my toys and leaving."

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#803673 Nov 13, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>25 million Texans are not going to agree with 65,000 jackwagons. Unlike these 65,000 most Texans are loyal Americans.
26 other states have also put up the petitions.and they will collect names till 12/9 . I doubt the petitions will go very far but it will be intresting to see just how many patroits are willing to make a stand again st the government tyranny that has betrayed the constitution that they swore an oath to uphold. There is allready enough signatures to force a response from obama, his words should be chosen carfully as not to start a revelution.

Location hidden

#803674 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Obama, Senate floor, 2002:[A]dding a – an additional doctor who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision of the woman and the physician to induce labor and perform an abortion.… I think it’s important to understand that this issue ultimately is about abortion and not live births.

Obama, Senate floor, 2001: Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we’re really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a – a child, a nine-month-old – child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it – it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.

...you've been duped, Homer, sorry to say.
Big IF THIS IS A CHILD. A fetus has no chance at sustained life independent of support.

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#803675 Nov 13, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> only a mindless lib is to stupid to understand that peoples actions and lack of any personal responsibility is the reason for unwanted children and abortion. Libs don't want anyone telling them how to behave but they have no problem controlling others ,demanding that someone else pay for the outcome of their actions.
So, how does one prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Ummmm, let me think..........

Controlling others. That funny coming from a party wanting to control a woman's body, who can have sex, and who can get married.

Location hidden

#803676 Nov 13, 2012
krissy wrote:
Can we nominate people that we'd like to see move to New Texas? Because I know quite a few that I'd buy a bus ticket for!
Wait! Give me a head's up so I can get out of old Texas before they start migrating thisa way
carol

Oviedo, FL

#803677 Nov 13, 2012
Lincoln Douglass wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep writing nonsense and you will lose in 2014 with the guidance of the "elite talk media spin doctors".
America voted for President Obama
America voted for a man who takes a stand on nothing - even the killing of full-term babies.

Nothing good can come of that.

Location hidden

#803678 Nov 13, 2012
TSM wrote:
I sure love the Liberal compassion for the Black Community!!
Blacks have the Highest Abortion Rate, the highest out of wedlock pregnancy rate. Young woman having three are four kids by 4 or 5 different men, highest high school dropout rate, highest unemployment rate this is progress and supported by the Liberals/Democrats Party!!
Why are CDC abortion rates so different than yours?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#803679 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
Seems a bit odd.
You trying to be the Florida Cracker Medium now, dumb carol? Got any more to channel from JFK? How's Marilyn doing or something? Eisenhower, I believe started out involvement in Vietnam...John Kerry served in a war and told the truth about it when he came home, only to be Swiftboated by a draft-dodging idiot with money and his unscrupulous brain for hire...want to put some names in there? Does Bush in hiding and Rove opening Karma's bill help any?
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#803683 Nov 13, 2012
I told everyone long ago Obama will win re-election no doubt.

“WTFU”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#803684 Nov 13, 2012
im happy obama won.but im scared of these rednecks that give prepping a bad name. they want to leave the usa divide our country?? wtf? wanna kill our own ppl??? dumbasses. a divided nation falls every time!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#803685 Nov 13, 2012
Drunkin Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>Get off that library computer and grab your tin cup, then head to the nearest freeway offramp.Quit talking like you know somthing tiny Tim.
Hey serial name changer!

What's up hater?

The richest on earth: Democrats!

You got the Kock bros.

You can have em!

Spent billions with PAC's to tell you: USA is bankrupt mannnnnnn! Cut our taxes!!

Ohhhhhh

Those filthy rich bros "only" worth $78 billion?

Cut my taxes: whaaaaaa! Whaaaa! Whaaaaa!

Cheap azzzzzzzzz losers! We won.....we got it from here: make me laugh: it's all you are good for ;)

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#803686 Nov 13, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how does one prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
Ummmm, let me think..........
Controlling others. That funny coming from a party wanting to control a woman's body, who can have sex, and who can get married.
thanks for proving my point..you a lib and to stupid to understand.has anyone ever told you how children are made.

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#803687 Nov 13, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
America voted for a man who takes a stand on nothing - even the killing of full-term babies.
Nothing good can come of that.
You do realize that late term abortions are only legal when the health of the mother is at risk, Right???

My God, you are running in circles screaming how these women are rushing to the abortion clinic & having a doctor yank their babies part way out & stabbing them with scissors.

My God, Carol, you really need to get some professional help.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#803688 Nov 13, 2012
In the midst of the secession crisis that would lead to the cival war, President James Buchanan in his final state of the union speech acknowledged the south after first using all peaceful and constitutional means to obtain redress would be justified in revolutionary resistance to the government of the union, but also reiterated the difference between revolution and secession. Sorry Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 234,558
Are democrats destroyed? 12 min Go Blue Forever 264
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Go Blue Forever 104,734
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min mdbuilder 62,982
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min SweLL GirL 10,103
abby1-23-17 1 hr RACE 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,393

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages