Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
742,921 - 742,940 of 1,095,955 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here comes the rabid right making up sh*t again.
Don't you people ever learn?
Telling these lies cost you the last election. No one believes the crap that flows from the right.
no no no...it had to be the candidate only...IT HAD TO BE!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The GOP’s Year of Magical Thinking

Now that the election charade is over, will the party accept reality?

The 2012 election was a referendum on two very different approaches to public policy. One approach is to use the best available empirical evidence. The other is to rely on faith and wishful thinking. As in their campaign coverage, conservatives consistently opt for the latter route—a choice that has often blinded them to the reality in front of their noses. Climate change and the failure of supply-side economics are the most obvious examples.

They’re no less wrong about those than they were about the election. And moving forward, one of the great questions facing the body politic is whether conservatism is capable of learning to accept actual evidence rather than relying on faith.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/14143/the...

Faith that FOX is telling the truth?

Thank god for the unfaithful.
"The other is to rely on faith and wishful thinking"

Like Hope and Change?
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you run out of money!
Conservatives know how to keep money and jobs growing, Democrats all they do is waste it in Solindra and constantly ask more and more from small business!
wow, you're a real talking point bullshit mill ain't ya?

good thing the right wing tells you tards what to think, imagine if they didn't....hundreds of thousands of tard zombies bumping head first into walls, cracking curbs with their foreheads, yikes. imagine how many jobs we'd have just cleaning their feces off of storefront windows and walls
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>the GOP of 2014
"Same Old Shit But We Changed Our Minds About Hating Mexicans!!!!"
Conservatives don't hate Mexicans. Liberals are the only ones who hate everybody who disagrees with them.

Rubio will be the next target for their character assasination.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here comes the rabid right making up sh*t again.
Don't you people ever learn?
Telling these lies cost you the last election. No one believes the crap that flows from the right.
your right, that is what cost them the election
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"
So we have at least 2 instances of juvenile business owners venting their rage at Obama's re-election by letting employees go--apparently without regard to the political leanings of those employees--most notably, asshole coal baron Bob Murray. We know of several other business owners who either threatened to do so prior to the election or who are threatening to do so now. Papa John's plans to cut hours as part of John Schnatter's post-election tantrum.
Right wing babies on blogs and Twitter are actually screaming for more revenge layoffs, though most of them appear to want these business owners to somehow single out democratic employees for punishment. My question is below the fold.
Will ANYONE not see this for what it is? It's obvious these people are trying to make a statement by unnecessarily hurting people who can do nothing about it. They will, of course, claim Obamacare forced their hands which is complete nonsense.
By all rights, this should backfire on the GOP. Obama is popular, the ACA is popular. The motives are in plain sight and most regular people absolutely cringe at the image of rich sociopaths taking out their anger on their employees.
However, it WON'T hurt the GOP if the media covers these actions in their usual "Fair and Balanced" way, giving GOP talking heads the chance to rail against the supposed destructive costs of Obamacare to "small businesses". We need to hold the media responsible for how they cover this. We need to hang this right wing sociopathy and revenge around the necks of republicans--making them explain why this is OK, why companies that are making huge profits are hurting their employees, and push them to denounce this practice. Make them denounce the teabaggers who are cheering the revenge layoffs. If they can't do it, they need to pay the price in public perception. This is so ugly and obvious it should be a slam dunk for democrats just like "47%" was."
David Siegel, the Florida billionaire who owns Westgate Resorts and more hasn't laid off any employees yet even after promising to do so if they "voted for the wrong candidate."

Right after the election results were announced, Seigel gave all his employees a 5% raise__figure that out.

Papa John, the Pizza guy, is still threatening to raise the prices of his shitty pizza and other crappy products. John Schnatter, who's not even an authentic Guido must have forgotten that he's in the retail business eh? Peyton Manning too__Peyton has purchased a slew of Papa John's Colorado franchises.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>you don't...in fact i encourage you idiots to stay on the same road that lost you this election and, no doubt, the next. in fact, i for one would like to see you get crazier and more extreme...this election was so much fun, watching your team blow itself up, i'd like to do it again...say...in two years
Lord Fetch Wrong again but not Surprise!! We have 30 out of 50 Governorships, Republicans control 23 out of 50 governorship plus legislatures theres that ugly head for the Liberals/Democrats. Facts!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the "big" government take care of them!
That is what they voted for, bigger solve all problems government!
And here New Jersey and New York thought Obama was going to come to their rescue the whole time.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

RealDave wrote:
"Dear Red States:
We're ticked off at your Neanderthal attitudes and politics and we've
decided we're leaving.
We in New York intend to form our own country and we're taking the other
Blue States with us.
In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon,
Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the rest of the
Northeast.
We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the
people of the new country of The Enlightened States of America (E.S.A).
To sum up briefly:
You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren. You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.
We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.
You get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay
their fair share.
Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian
Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single
moms.
With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80% of the
country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of
the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve
French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high
tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias
and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale,
Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.
With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans
and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100%
of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists,
virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University,
Clemson and the University of Georgia.
We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a
whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty
or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we "Blues".
And for those blues so inclined, we're taking the good weed too. You can have that crap they grow in Mexico."
Found online.
Here is the link I found.
Hilarious!

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2012/1...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"
So we have at least 2 instances of juvenile business owners venting their rage at Obama's re-election by letting employees go--apparently without regard to the political leanings of those employees--most notably, asshole coal baron Bob Murray. We know of several other business owners who either threatened to do so prior to the election or who are threatening to do so now. Papa John's plans to cut hours as part of John Schnatter's post-election tantrum.
Right wing babies on blogs and Twitter are actually screaming for more revenge layoffs, though most of them appear to want these business owners to somehow single out democratic employees for punishment. My question is below the fold.
Will ANYONE not see this for what it is? It's obvious these people are trying to make a statement by unnecessarily hurting people who can do nothing about it. They will, of course, claim Obamacare forced their hands which is complete nonsense.
By all rights, this should backfire on the GOP. Obama is popular, the ACA is popular. The motives are in plain sight and most regular people absolutely cringe at the image of rich sociopaths taking out their anger on their employees.
However, it WON'T hurt the GOP if the media covers these actions in their usual "Fair and Balanced" way, giving GOP talking heads the chance to rail against the supposed destructive costs of Obamacare to "small businesses". We need to hold the media responsible for how they cover this. We need to hang this right wing sociopathy and revenge around the necks of republicans--making them explain why this is OK, why companies that are making huge profits are hurting their employees, and push them to denounce this practice. Make them denounce the teabaggers who are cheering the revenge layoffs. If they can't do it, they need to pay the price in public perception. This is so ugly and obvious it should be a slam dunk for democrats just like "47%" was."
Striker, not sure of the spelling, whose CEO is a top Obama fundraiser announced they are closing plants and laying off 1,500 employees due to the 2.3% medical equipment tax imposed by Obamacare. Blows that out of the water.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

An article from WKRC quotes a University of Louisville political science professor who explained that these petitions aren't uncommon. Similar petitions were filed following the 2004 and 2008 elections. Still, should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secission...

They should track down every one of these traitors and deport them.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord Fetch Wrong again but not Surprise!! We have 30 out of 50 Governorships, Republicans control 23 out of 50 governorship plus legislatures theres that ugly head for the Liberals/Democrats. Facts!!!
my mistake...i guess you didn't lose the last election...i stand corrected
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And here New Jersey and New York thought Obama was going to come to their rescue the whole time.
Fema doesn't restore power. That is the main issue. The power companies are even having problems restoring power because of the damage done to homes and to power station from the salt water. The federal response has been outstanding as well as the state and local. I have friends, family and co-workers living in all the effected areas so I know what the hell I am talking about unlike you. Bush sucked at handling an emergency whereas Obama has been outstanding, get over it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Striker, not sure of the spelling, whose CEO is a top Obama fundraiser announced they are closing plants and laying off 1,500 employees due to the 2.3% medical equipment tax imposed by Obamacare. Blows that out of the water.
It's Stryker and I wouldn't mind seeing the source for that report. The US Government, VA and the military is one of Stryers largest customers.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, my focus hasn't been more clear.
But I already knew I had to forgive those who trespass against me and was reminded of that again last Sunday, so I forgive you and other liberals for what you're about to do to my country.
Still, you are wrong regardless.

Don't ever change, carol...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's arithmetic, stupid. "Speaker John Boehner says he doesnt.Listen, our majority is going to get reelected, he said the day before the election.Well have as much of a mandate as he [President Obama] will to not raise taxes.

Boehners logic is, on its face, sound. House Republicans have been as clear in their opposition to new taxes on the rich as Obama has been in his support for them. And House Republicans were reelected. They have as much right to claim a popular mandate as the president does.

Or they would if theyd actually won more votes. But they didnt. House Republicans did the equivalent of winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote.

It can be a bit difficult to tally up the popular vote in House elections because you have to go ballot by ballot, and many incumbents run unopposed. But The Washington Posts Dan Keating did the work and found that Democrats got 54,301,095 votes while Republicans got 53,822,442. Thats a close election 48.8%-48.5%but its still a popular vote win for the Democrats. Those precise numbers might change a bit as the count finalizes, but the tally isnt likely to flip."

You think Kasich, Walker, Scott, and the rest of the voter suppression/vaginal probe debacle can get re-elected? Perry can't even run again, can he...I'm mean even without the dementia diagnosis?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's Stryker and I wouldn't mind seeing the source for that report. The US Government, VA and the military is one of Stryers largest customers.
Flackstredomus can't even remember the name, you think he's going to come up with an actual source?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fema doesn't restore power. That is the main issue. The power companies are even having problems restoring power because of the damage done to homes and to power station from the salt water. The federal response has been outstanding as well as the state and local. I have friends, family and co-workers living in all the effected areas so I know what the hell I am talking about unlike you. Bush sucked at handling an emergency whereas Obama has been outstanding, get over it.
FEMA is telling people to go online. People don't have power to go online.

Welcome to our health care system in 2015.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fema doesn't restore power. That is the main issue. The power companies are even having problems restoring power because of the damage done to homes and to power station from the salt water. The federal response has been outstanding as well as the state and local. I have friends, family and co-workers living in all the effected areas so I know what the hell I am talking about unlike you. Bush sucked at handling an emergency whereas Obama has been outstanding, get over it.
Just a minute ago on FOX National/Shep Smith I saw a field reporter interviewing a lady who was bitchin about power restoration while in the background two power company boom trucks were visible replacing the power lines.

Fifteen minutes of fame eh? The old crank should have been down there cheering on the power guys.

BTW__is anyone else watching Shep Smith today? Particularly the part where Petreaus's blojob girl is talking about the CIA housing Libyan prisoners at the Benghazi annex. WOW, I wonder where she got that bit of info? Probably not Topix eh?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ux49UBie-w8XX
Don't ever change, carol...
There...that's better.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Sgt Prepper 176,788
Amy 8-21 21 min Toj 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Toj 97,823
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 4,636
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Concerned_American 320
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr bushi 49,259
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 555

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000