Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
742,861 - 742,880 of 1,100,069 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#802881 Nov 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're especially disgusting on this fine fall day, dumb carol, but then you've been declining exponentially for weeks now. I was involved in the ground games of both of Obama's presidential campaigns although I had more time to share in 2008, and allow me to assure you that we don't PAY for votes--we leave that to you Florida Crackers with the half pints of Kessler's rolling around in the floorboards.
I'd advise that you might want to refrain from making your Graceless Old Prune guesses in certain circles--having a double caramel mocha latte thrown in your face might spell the end for an old bad-lifestyle-choice diabetic like you.
the election finally broke carol...she hasn't been the same since

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#802882 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurricane Sandy was the October surprise.
Deal with it.
Gee, I guess Obama really DOES have the power to raise or lower the oceans....

How clever of Mr. Romney to give us the heads up!!
Too bad Rove didn't do the same for the billionaire SPAC donors.

Wahh.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#802883 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He got lucky. Just like when federal agents finally found bin Laden after five years of looking for him.
A national exit poll said 42% of voters were swayed by Obama's reaction to Hurricane Sandy.
Wonder if there'd be that many now?
Amazing isn't it??????
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#802884 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust you've done your part to help the Sandy victims by a donation since big government is nowhere to be found.
wrong again carol:

New Jersey's Chris Christie -- a Republican whose state bore the brunt of the storm -- told CBS News on Tuesday that "cooperation has been great with FEMA here on the ground," while Delaware's Jack Markell -- a Democrat -- told CNN that people in his state have been "really, really impressed by the response of FEMA."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/01/us/sandy-fema/i...

carol...you keep denying at this pace and soon you won't have a head to bang against the wall anymore

STAY AWAY FROM FOX AND BREITBART!!! the right wing insular bubble has burst...look around before you blow another one to hide in

Location hidden

#802885 Nov 12, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text> Elders were outnumbered by ignorant youth and other groups with vested interests; hence, the Obama victory.
Yes, the young do outnumber the old, and yes, the future belongs to the young. Yes, there are those with vested interests on both lanes of the political racetrack. Yes, the interests of the many eclipsed the interests of the few in this election. Hence, the Obama victory.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#802886 Nov 12, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing isn't it??????
don't encourage her...we're trying to pull her head OUT of limbaugh's ass...you're encouraging her to stay there...some friend you are
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#802887 Nov 12, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I guess Obama really DOES have the power to raise or lower the oceans....
How clever of Mr. Romney to give us the heads up!!
Too bad Rove didn't do the same for the billionaire SPAC donors.
Wahh.
wanna bet rove is on all fours in a dog collar in some dank Koch dungeon somewhere awaiting his punishment?

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#802888 Nov 12, 2012
Thanks to Obama's energy leadership:
LONDON (Reuters)- The United States will overtake Saudi Arabia and Russia as the world's top oil producer by 2017, the West's energy agency said on Monday, predicting Washington will come very close to achieving a previously unthinkable energy self-sufficiency.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-overtake-saudi-top-oi...

Location hidden

#802889 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He got lucky. Just like when federal agents finally found bin Laden after five years of looking for him.
A national exit poll said 42% of voters were swayed by Obama's reaction to Hurricane Sandy.
Wonder if there'd be that many now?
That's a lot of luck.....

Personally, I'd much rather have a lucky President, than an 'unlucky' one.

Wonder if Romney's luck would have held out against a Democrat-heavy senate?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#802890 Nov 12, 2012
Why should we” Republicans” change our Message to accommodate the Liberals/Democrats intolerance!! Republicans still hold the Majorities of Governorships and State Legislatures and that margin will increase in 2014!!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#802891 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope we can resist the temptation to say we told ya' so a half million times or more after Obamacare does its Hurricane Sandy impression.
There's no hope for you--you won't even admit you LOST this one more than we won it.“Four presidents in the last century have won 50 percent of the vote twice: Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Reagan, and Obama,” the conservative pundit explained.“It pains me to say that, to put him in with those other three, but it’s a fact. Democrats picked up seats in the House and the Senate. The president is in good shape.… I think there will be a big budget deal. It will be an Obama budget deal much more than a Paul Ryan-type budget deal. Elections have consequences.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/11/kristol ...

Location hidden

#802892 Nov 12, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>wanna bet rove is on all fours in a dog collar in some dank Koch dungeon somewhere awaiting his punishment?
Sucker's bet. He's in a freezer somewhere, and the prop-masters / designers of 'The Walking Dead' have already crafted his mannequin for use in necessary public appearances.

Wonder which brand of ham they decided on?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#802893 Nov 12, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again carol:
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 70% made up their minds about how to vote more than a month ago, while another 18% decided within the last month.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012
One more reason to dump the so called "undecided" town hall style debate that begins with a bunch of party plants lying their azzes off to gain entry.
Imhotep

United States

#802895 Nov 12, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>wanna bet rove is on all fours in a dog collar in some dank Koch dungeon somewhere awaiting his punishment?
He needs the Witness Protection program but the Fed feels the Koch brothers 'contract' will suffice.

Rasmussen offered him a publicist job.

;-)
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#802896 Nov 12, 2012
TSM wrote:
Why should we” Republicans” change our Message to accommodate the Liberals/Democrats intolerance!! Republicans still hold the Majorities of Governorships and State Legislatures and that margin will increase in 2014!!
you don't...in fact i encourage you idiots to stay on the same road that lost you this election and, no doubt, the next. in fact, i for one would like to see you get crazier and more extreme...this election was so much fun, watching your team blow itself up, i'd like to do it again...say...in two years

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#802897 Nov 12, 2012
Here come the layoffs and reductions to part time employment as promised. You libtards have screwed the country. Even the top Obama supporters are laying off people due to Obamacare.
Sanjay

New York, NY

#802898 Nov 12, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Constituencies as far back as 1780, have expressed the same fear that their 'way of life' was over, following the National Elections. THEY WERE PROVEN WRONG TOO. The only thing that is 'over', as far as this country's concerned, is the 2012 election cycle, and possibly the continued relevance of certain political parties.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Greece didn't stay the same and California is following in its footsteps. You know, as in how Cali goes, so goes the rest of the country.

How has Texas succeeded in producing a pro-business, pro-growth environment, versus a state like California, which has done just the opposite?

A little story illustrates:

The governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the governor's dog, then bites the governor. The governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie Bambi and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control. Animal control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases. The governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged.

The running trail gets shut down for six months while the California Fish and Game Department conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals. The governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a 'coyote awareness program' for residents of the area. The Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

The governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training, re: the nature of coyotes. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.

The governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and tries to attack him and his dog. The governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The governor spent 50 cents on a .380-caliber, hollow-point cartridge. Buzzards ate the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#802899 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
MSN - Citizens in 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States after TuesdayÂ’s election. These include Louisiana (which led the charge), the Republic of Texas, Kentucky, Colorado, New Jersey, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Oregon. Although this is largely seen as symbolic, the filers in each state still have a month to gather 25,000 signatures to have their peaceful withdrawal from the U.S.A. considered by the president.

http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-petitons-t...

Just thought this was interesting. Not that it's going to go anywhere, but wouldn't it be funny if 15 or 20 other states participated - even if it's just symbolic?

That'd be more than half the country.

Can't stay tonight. Later.
I believe Texas already have that option in their constitution! I think!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#802900 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
MSN - Citizens in 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States after TuesdayÂ’s election. These include Louisiana (which led the charge), the Republic of Texas, Kentucky, Colorado, New Jersey, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Oregon. Although this is largely seen as symbolic, the filers in each state still have a month to gather 25,000 signatures to have their peaceful withdrawal from the U.S.A. considered by the president.

http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-petitons-t...

Just thought this was interesting. Not that it's going to go anywhere, but wouldn't it be funny if 15 or 20 other states participated - even if it's just symbolic?

That'd be more than half the country.

Can't stay tonight. Later.
Why would prosperous capitalist conservative states have to pay federal money to liberal wasteful lazy people from OTHER states?
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#802901 Nov 12, 2012
flack wrote:
Here come the layoffs and reductions to part time employment as promised. You libtards have screwed the country. Even the top Obama supporters are laying off people due to Obamacare.
out of reactionary fear of imagined impacts of obamacare fed by right wing propaganda from brain dead, socially retarded luddites

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min Frijoles 68,966
Amy 8-29 23 min Kuuipo 13
VIDEO: Nuclear Putin Says Don’t Mess With Russia 39 min Infowars 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min edogxxx 97,929
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min SpaceBlues 46,307
The LIE behind the LYNCH MOB 1 hr Balance or article 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,366
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••