Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432622 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#802947 Nov 12, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fema doesn't restore power. That is the main issue. The power companies are even having problems restoring power because of the damage done to homes and to power station from the salt water. The federal response has been outstanding as well as the state and local. I have friends, family and co-workers living in all the effected areas so I know what the hell I am talking about unlike you. Bush sucked at handling an emergency whereas Obama has been outstanding, get over it.
Just a minute ago on FOX National/Shep Smith I saw a field reporter interviewing a lady who was bitchin about power restoration while in the background two power company boom trucks were visible replacing the power lines.

Fifteen minutes of fame eh? The old crank should have been down there cheering on the power guys.

BTW__is anyone else watching Shep Smith today? Particularly the part where Petreaus's blojob girl is talking about the CIA housing Libyan prisoners at the Benghazi annex. WOW, I wonder where she got that bit of info? Probably not Topix eh?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#802948 Nov 12, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ux49UBie-w8XX
Don't ever change, carol...
There...that's better.

:)
carol

Oviedo, FL

#802949 Nov 12, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>David Siegel, the Florida billionaire who owns Westgate Resorts and more hasn't laid off any employees yet even after promising to do so if they "voted for the wrong candidate."
Right after the election results were announced, Seigel gave all his employees a 5% raise__figure that out.
Thank goodness for that.

Let's hope he also doesn't end up firing more than hiring after January 1.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#802950 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=Ux49UBie-w8XX
Since I couldn't open your link, I won't.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#802951 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA is telling people to go online. People don't have power to go online.
Welcome to our health care system in 2015.
You never heard of a smart phone or other device? Ever hear of a generator?
TSM

United States

#802952 Nov 12, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>my mistake...i guess you didn't lose the last election...i stand corrected
No you’re correct we lost the election but we (Republicans) still control the Majority of Governorships/Legislatures that’s just the Reality or put it another way….The Facts!!
carol

Oviedo, FL

#802953 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=Ux49UBie-w8XX
It worked when I clicked on your post to reply.

But, still, I won't. Thanks for posting the song again.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#802954 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>There...that's better.
:)
Thanks again. Don't you just love the Latin rhythm in that song?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#802955 Nov 12, 2012
Nobody is bitching about Fema, they are bitching about the power company's inability to restore power in a timely fashion.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#802956 Nov 12, 2012
So, Homer, what's going on with high-profile officials expected to leave Obama's Cabinet soon?

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta
Eric Holder (maybe)
Director of the CIA, General Patraeus

What does all this mean, Homer?

Everyone's jumping ship after Obama won again.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#802959 Nov 12, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Striker, not sure of the spelling, whose CEO is a top Obama fundraiser announced they are closing plants and laying off 1,500 employees due to the 2.3% medical equipment tax imposed by Obamacare. Blows that out of the water.
Romneylike vampire capitalists, but never let a crisis (or a chance to bash Obama) go unused. " Don't buy the Corporate PR. It's just an excuse to continue business as usual, but at an accelerated rate. BSC and Stryker were off-shoring and out-sourcing long before the tax was passed and will continue to do so if it is repealed.
BSC-Miami, relocated to Costa Rica
BSC-Fremont MFG consolidated Cork, Ireland
Stryker-Gaymar Plant closure for restructuring, not taxes as now claimed ( http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article81... )
Medtronic - announced cuts in May as part of reorganization and market changes (not taxes)
Zimmer - said it was taking on a restructuring effort aimed at eventual yearly pretax savings of more than $100 million in January 2012.

Besides, the tax applies to all medical devices; domestic and imported."
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#802960 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness for that.
Tourism is up Carol, particularly tourists from South America.

If Westgate goes belly up, another company will move right in__same with Papa Johns all locations of which would make dandy Chinese take-out joints.

Nothing says pizza like Schnattner eh? LMAO!
GhostofRaygun

Rochester, KY

#802961 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA is telling people to go online. People don't have power to go online.
Welcome to our health care system in 2015.
Do you bitch that much about the government health care you yourself are on? Medicare. Why don't the next time you have a medical bill take a stand for freedom and pay the damn bill out of your pocket.

Location hidden

#802962 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness for that.
Perhaps his competition will grow in his place, produce a superior product, and provide even more, and perhaps better paying, employment opportunities.

Isn't that the general idea of 'dog-eat-dog' capitalism? Be better than one's competitor?

Maybe, if the 'Titans of Industry' would pay as much attention to the health of employees as to the health of profit margin, we wouldn't need to invite the government to see that they do.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#802963 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
So, Homer, what's going on with high-profile officials expected to leave Obama's Cabinet soon?
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta
Eric Holder (maybe)
Director of the CIA, General Patraeus
What does all this mean, Homer?
Everyone's jumping ship after Obama won again.
Most had announced their "intended" departure well before the election carol.

More interesting is who might replace these capable cabinet members.

Sorry for buttin in Homer__it's veterans day and I'm pulling rank.

Location hidden

#802964 Nov 12, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
What about having the Democrats getting out of our churches?
Hint: Obamacare.
How about the Church gets out of our legislation, and into the tax system??

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#802965 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>How about the Church gets out of our legislation, and into the tax system??
Amen, Sister! Did Baby Jesus tell 'em to pay all their taxes, quit prayin' in public, and help the poor?
carol

Oviedo, FL

#802967 Nov 12, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Do you bitch that much about the government health care you yourself are on? Medicare. Why don't the next time you have a medical bill take a stand for freedom and pay the damn bill out of your pocket.
I haven't been able to stand the health care system in this country long before Clinton was elected.

Let's solve the real problems instead of making them worse.

Location hidden

#802968 Nov 12, 2012
Sister Mary wrote:
<quoted text>You Filthy Trollop.
Only the good die young, Mary.

Publix is having a sale on carrots and cucumbers this week - hurry, they're gonna go fast.
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#802969 Nov 12, 2012
Stripping citizens of their guns has officially begun.

http://blogs.christianpost.com/the-connecting...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 min Concerned_American 2,554
last post wins! (Apr '13) 17 min Concerned_American 1,699
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min CrunchyBacon 103,629
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Hill4Me 225,355
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 9,539
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,070
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr boundary painter 6,752

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages