Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274562 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nj raider 1

United States

#802674 Nov 12, 2012
crarol wrote:
There's talk that Patraeus and Hillary will be subpoenaed if they elude the Benghazi congressional investigation beginning this week.
It should strike everyone as very odd that the two most important people in unravelling the many still unanswered questions and controversial coverup have declined to show up.
Why do ya'll keep bringing up benghazi? Why didnt idol push for impeachment of the entire bush administration for the blatant cover up of the friendly fire murder of Pat Tillman? Why ya'll dont mention the fact that 7 embassies were attacked under the bush administration? Ya'll catch amnesia when it comes to republicans f-ck up. Like I've always said, tell the real reason ya'll nit picking with everything that goes in with Obama. Dont keep beating around the bush (no puns intended). Ya'll can't stand to see a blackman in office. Not only that ya'll can't stand to see that america has moved on pass the policies of the past. This isa not the 50s-60s. If you took anything from the election you should've took away the vision of our children & generations beon them. There were kids of all races, backgrounds, & heritages all voting for Obama with 1 vision, UNITY! The middle class needs the rich like the rich needs the middle class. 1 hands washes threw other. This is why you see holdouts in all sports. You can't be making record profits & still trying to penny pinch the under class. That ain't nothing but greed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#802675 Nov 12, 2012
In not too many years, Texas could switch from being all Republican to all Democrat,” he said.“If that happens, no Republican will ever again win the White House. New York and California are for the foreseeable future unalterably Democrat. If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party. Our kids and grandkids would study how this used to be a national political party.‘They had Conventions, they nominated Presidential candidates. They don’t exist anymore.’”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/11/19...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Petraeus-Ryan 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#802676 Nov 12, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrat governor in Connecticut demonized the power companies last year to take the heat off of government. Since then, the weasel has done nothing. One would think a good government would work with the private sector. One good thing that could happen is for government to provide incentives for gas stations to have "generators" so they can pump during a power outage - gee what a novel idea.
Another would be to think big and long term - run power lines underground.
The Democrats only have one solution to every problem. Blame others.
In my area, almost all the gas stations have backup generators. There's probably some stupid law up there prohibiting them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sanjay

New York, NY

#802677 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't sink in until after January 1 when everyone's taxes go up and the deficit continues to skyrocket. Only then will there be moaning and gnashing of teeth. People just didn't get it.
Our Human Resources Manager said we will not see changes to our health insurance plan (which is great) in 2013, because it is already set. 2014 will begin the massive changes--none good by the way--with significantly higher premiums because of ObamaCare. And, by November 2013 when they send enrollment forms and information to the staff for the 2014 selections and there is collective shock, I'll get to ask "So who did you vote for in 2012?"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#802678 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Two peas in a pod.
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The scandal involving former C.I.A. director David Petraeus took a startling twist today, as a leading right-wing conspiracy theorist claimed that Gen. Petraeus initiated his affair with author Paula Broadwell last year to avoid testifying about Benghazi this week.

“Petraeus is a master of strategy, capable of playing several chess moves ahead,” said Harland Dorrinson, who has a website.“Clearly, he knew it would be handy to be embroiled in an extra-marital affair if the situation in Benghazi someday went south and he was forced to testify about it.”

By destroying his career, reputation, and possibly his personal life, Mr. Dorrinson said,“General Petraeus achieved exactly what he set out to do: skip testifying about Benghazi. All I can say is, mission accomplished, General. Pretty smooth.”

Even though “the reason Petraeus started his affair is obvious to anyone with a brain in his head,” Mr. Dorrinson says, he does not expect the mainstream media to investigate his theory any time soon:“The only person I’ve been able to get interested in this is Karl Rove.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#802679 Nov 12, 2012
The GOP’s Year of Magical Thinking

Now that the election charade is over, will the party accept reality?

The 2012 election was a referendum on two very different approaches to public policy. One approach is to use the best available empirical evidence. The other is to rely on faith and wishful thinking. As in their campaign coverage, conservatives consistently opt for the latter route—a choice that has often blinded them to the reality in front of their noses. Climate change and the failure of supply-side economics are the most obvious examples.

They’re no less wrong about those than they were about the election. And moving forward, one of the great questions facing the body politic is whether conservatism is capable of learning to accept actual evidence rather than relying on faith.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/14143/the...

Faith that FOX is telling the truth?

Thank god for the unfaithful.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#802680 Nov 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't sink in until after January 1 when everyone's taxes go up and the deficit continues to skyrocket. Only then will there be moaning and gnashing of teeth. People just didn't get it.
Not ME! I been on a tax strike since bush's second term and my second "lay-off"! They ain't getting another dime outa me except in sales taxes!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#802682 Nov 12, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
In not too many years, Texas could switch from being all Republican to all Democrat,” he said.“If that happens, no Republican will ever again win the White House. New York and California are for the foreseeable future unalterably Democrat. If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party. Our kids and grandkids would study how this used to be a national political party.‘They had Conventions, they nominated Presidential candidates. They don’t exist anymore.’”
Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/11/19...
ONE PARTY RULE, eh, comrade?

Join NOW and get a low number on your party registration!
(to show how loyal you are!)

Don't want to take a chance on being an "other" but I guess "whitey" will be SOL right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#802683 Nov 12, 2012
British conservative historian Hugh Trevor-Roper:

"When radicals scream that victory is indubitably theirs, sensible conservatives knock them on the nose. It is only very feeble conservatives who take such words as true and run round crying for the last sacraments."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sanjay

New York, NY

#802684 Nov 12, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Why do ya'll keep bringing up benghazi? Why didnt idol push for impeachment of the entire bush administration for the blatant cover up of the friendly fire murder of Pat Tillman? Why ya'll dont mention the fact that 7 embassies were attacked under the bush administration? Ya'll catch amnesia when it comes to republicans f-ck up. Like I've always said, tell the real reason ya'll nit picking with everything that goes in with Obama. Dont keep beating around the bush (no puns intended). Ya'll can't stand to see a blackman in office. Not only that ya'll can't stand to see that america has moved on pass the policies of the past. This isa not the 50s-60s. If you took anything from the election you should've took away the vision of our children & generations beon them. There were kids of all races, backgrounds, & heritages all voting for Obama with 1 vision, UNITY! The middle class needs the rich like the rich needs the middle class. 1 hands washes threw other. This is why you see holdouts in all sports. You can't be making record profits & still trying to penny pinch the under class. That ain't nothing but greed.
The 50s-60s, do you mean when the marriage rate and two parent families in black households was in the 80% range? How is that war on poverty working for ya'all?

But hey, Obama and his plans for the economy and military, etc are what the majority of Americans want. They elected a celebrity who promises more of the same. Tax the wealthy at 100%, and punish corporations with higher taxes. Neither will personally affect me unless I end up in that group of unemployed that is bound to grow. But, that just means, I'll qualify for handouts.

I hope the Republicans don't oppose Obama on anything he wants. It will be as productive as 2009 and 2010 when the Democrats had the majority in Congress and carte blanche to make changes.

And, that 1 vision, UNITY will result in the United States turning into a cross between Greece and Zimbabwe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Petraeus-Ryan 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#802685 Nov 12, 2012
Now THIS is HOT!!! Once again, congratulations on your excellent taste in women President Petreus!...http://www.business insider.com/paula-broadwell-gu n-model-2012-11

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#802686 Nov 12, 2012
Sanjay wrote:
<quoted text>The 50s-60s, do you mean when the marriage rate and two parent families in black households was in the 80% range? How is that war on poverty working for ya'all?
But hey, Obama and his plans for the economy and military, etc are what the majority of Americans want. They elected a celebrity who promises more of the same. Tax the wealthy at 100%, and punish corporations with higher taxes. Neither will personally affect me unless I end up in that group of unemployed that is bound to grow. But, that just means, I'll qualify for handouts.
I hope the Republicans don't oppose Obama on anything he wants. It will be as productive as 2009 and 2010 when the Democrats had the majority in Congress and carte blanche to make changes.
And, that 1 vision, UNITY will result in the United States turning into a cross between Greece and Zimbabwe.
Don't get your hopes up libturd. Obama has already proven he is a radical and cannot work with others. He is great at blaming others but the Teleprompter Stooge is not a leader, just a radical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#802687 Nov 12, 2012
Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham on Sunday pointed to the roots of Southern strategy of the late 1960s -- which appealed to racism in the South -- as an example of how the Republican Party should reform itself after President Barack Obama won re-election.

"If the reaction to the election is let's dig into our core principles and try to remake them, I think the GOP will lose even more seats in 2014," Ingraham told Fox News host Chris Wallace. "If it becomes a bidding war with Republicans in either this group or that group -- whether it's Latinos or women -- we're going to give you more stuff or we're going to do amnesty plus... it's not going to work."

"The Republicans have to take a lesson from -- and I hate to bring up Reagan again -- when Goldwater got shellacked in '64, Bill Buckley and Brent Bozell Sr. and all these conservatives got together and they said, we're going to figure out how to sell this idea of economic conservatism and the conservative framework to new voters. And they went into the South and they transformed Mississippi and Alabama, all these places where people had never voted Republican before."

In his book "From the New Deal to the New Right: Race and the Southern Origins of Modern Conservatism," author Joseph Lowndes points out that William F. Buckley's used his National Review to argue that southern whites were superior to blacks and Brent Bozell wrote that the federal government had no right to end segregation.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/ing... -

Take notice those who want to deny that such ever happened.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#802688 Nov 12, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Why do ya'll keep bringing up benghazi? Why didnt idol push for impeachment of the entire bush administration for the blatant cover up of the friendly fire murder of Pat Tillman? Why ya'll dont mention the fact that 7 embassies were attacked under the bush administration? Ya'll catch amnesia when it comes to republicans f-ck up. Like I've always said, tell the real reason ya'll nit picking with everything that goes in with Obama. Dont keep beating around the bush (no puns intended). Ya'll can't stand to see a blackman in office. Not only that ya'll can't stand to see that america has moved on pass the policies of the past. This isa not the 50s-60s. If you took anything from the election you should've took away the vision of our children & generations beon them. There were kids of all races, backgrounds, & heritages all voting for Obama with 1 vision, UNITY! The middle class needs the rich like the rich needs the middle class. 1 hands washes threw other. This is why you see holdouts in all sports. You can't be making record profits & still trying to penny pinch the under class. That ain't nothing but greed.
Excellent!
They've got nothing else so they spend their time lying. They didn't get the memo, lying doesn't work.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#802689 Nov 12, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get your hopes up libturd. Obama has already proven he is a radical and cannot work with others. He is great at blaming others but the Teleprompter Stooge is not a leader, just a radical.
Get some new material, you're boring us to death with the same post for 4 years. All you morans do is lie all day, what does it accomplish? Did it get your liar into the White House? No.
Obama1

New York, NY

#802690 Nov 12, 2012
I know a few blacks that didn't vote for Obama and the reason why? He's not doing anything for this country... Then you have the blacks that voted for him. These are the ones that voted for him because he is black... Little do they know, that he can careless about them... The unemployment rate amongst minorities is the highest it's ever been.. There is no cure for ignorance...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#802691 Nov 12, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text> ONE PARTY RULE, eh, comrade?
Join NOW and get a low number on your party registration!
(to show how loyal you are!)
Don't want to take a chance on being an "other" but I guess "whitey" will be SOL right?
It's called majority rule.

Democrats!

Hi haters!

Obama the genius borrows long term at 1.6% interest rate to fix the nation.

For the people.

He knows this: the top 10% of citizens own 80% of the net worth: currently $47 trillion.

We the people: filthy rich?

Oh yeah: BIGTIME!

these top 10% are so rich: they spent billions through right wing PAC's TO TELL YOU THE USA IS BANKRUPT?

far from it.

They want you to pay for government while they get a relatively "free ride" <--- think Mitty 13% tax rate?

If you would realize just how rich this group is: the top 400 people control $1.7 TRILLION! NET.

wow! They could easily fit on one 747.

Borrow in our names to save the nation?

It's a no brained! ACA: PROLIFE! STIMULUS: PRO WE THE PEOPLE.........send the bill to the top 10%......they have 80% of the dough!

OBAMA THE GENIUS!

YOU. <------- just cry babies, no ideas, losers, know nothings!

Bye haters! We got this!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#802692 Nov 12, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid! The designation Air Force 2 is given to an aircraft transporting the Vice President, not the First Lady. Any non official travel aboard government aircraft is by law reimbursed.
See Petey deny, dodge, deflect? Sure it is... Like Date night in New Yawrk? Get your facts straight.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#802693 Nov 12, 2012
Petraeus-Ryan 2016 wrote:
Now THIS is HOT!!! Once again, congratulations on your excellent taste in women President Petreus!...http://www.business insider.com/paula-broadwell-gu n-model-2012-11
A General got his willie wet and THATS NEWS????

Soldiers should not marry untill retirement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#802694 Nov 12, 2012
O7ls3o5n wrote:
Hi,guys. I am new!
Hello!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 8-28=15 4 min Mister Tonka 6
Amy 8-28-15 16 min Mister Tonka 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 196,893
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min RACE 6,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 100,627
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Community Disorga... 54,490
abby8-27-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages