Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Chicago, IL

#801936 Nov 10, 2012
The storm system behind the powerful southerly winds which will be strengthening Saturday afternoon and night and continuing into Sunday and delivering the unseasonable, Sept-level warmth, is mammoth!
carol

Chicago, IL

#801937 Nov 10, 2012
Warmest temps are ahead Saturday since Oct 25's high of 75-degrees. South winds howl Saturday afternoon, night & Sun gusting at times to 40+ mph. Saturday's 70-deg high will be near 63 year old record of 71. Word frm the Army Corps of Engineers is that Lake Mich's level continues decline. It's now 16" below its level a year ago & just 1" from its lowest recorded November level recorded in 1964. The coming weekend's to be warm-but Bears fans could be in for a wet, windy Sunday evening. Model fcsts put Sun night rainfall at 1-2". Rain may be falling at 7:30pm kickoff time.
carol

Chicago, IL

#801940 Nov 10, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That could really stir up some lift.
A bow echo is a term describing the characteristic radar return from a mesoscale convective system that is shaped like an archerís bow. These systems can produce severe straight-line winds and occasionally tornadoes, causing major damage. They can also become derechos.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#801941 Nov 10, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>STFU Carol. You and the imaginary person don't know what you're talking about. Don't you ever get tired of spreading lies?
The problems in NY, NJ and Ct have very little to do with govenment response . Government reponse on all levels has been EXCELLENT .
Koo Koo
Imhotep

United States

#801942 Nov 10, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not surprised that you did not even read my post and just threw some poo!
ok yup, ya got all those things...now what?
INSPIRE ME!
Not poo, fact.
Something few favt allergic republicans comprehend.

I did read your post and dismissed it.
No offense, I cannot agree with you.

I believe those that voted for Rommey are seriously delusional and reality challenged.
Their views, and the GOP's, contradict science and outrage reason.

Bishop Willard Mitt Romney was lucky to be governor of Massachusetts.

He is unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and apparently quite proud of all these things.

Others may wish to choose a more rigorous mental workout but I credit this daily infusion of annoyance with extending my lifespan.

:)
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#801943 Nov 10, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about POWER...there are very few people without food, water and shelter if they wa t o leave their homes.
Turn off Fox..you might actually get a clue.
So by your own admission there are still people without food, water, and shelter.
carol

Tel Aviv, Israel

#801945 Nov 10, 2012

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#801947 Nov 10, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
There is one silver lining about Mitt Romney losing the election. At least now he doesn't have to move into a smaller house.
Or take a pay cut...don't forget the pay cut.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#801949 Nov 10, 2012
Just turned on Fox nitwit TV for a few minutes while waiting for the local news. Greg whatever is ranting about the federal response..it's FEMA's problem fault etc while talking to the Nassau County REPUBLICAN County Exec. THis from the RW BOBOS who claimed it was the responsibility of the locals in New Orleans to save themselves.
You can get whiplash following the reversal of a rightie's argument.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#801950 Nov 10, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>CIA involvement means nothing to you? "Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 09:01 AM PDT
Libya and 9/11 Were Acts of Terror: Obama's Rose Garden Speech 9/12/2012
by bontemps2012Follow
permalink 35 Comments / 35 New
The simple fact is that Mitt Romney and his campaign were lazy on this one. They read the pre-speech text of the Rose Garden speech. They missed the video and the White House transcript.
Alex Wong runs that team. So Romney blundered, despite that President Obama more than doubles the length of the prepared text speaking extemporaneously.
During the debate last night Mitt shot without aiming. He went off with a bogus claim that ""it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror."
Do not hand this man Romney a shotgun!
Here's the video the Rmoneys missed. President Obama in the Rose Garden with Hillary Clinton standing beside him, on September 12th, 2012, the first day after the fatal attack at Benghazi:
He recounts the sacrifices at Benghazi and 9/11 and what these lives mean to the nation, then:
"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for."
The President addresses explicitly the four deaths at Benghazi.
D'oh !! Here you have Romney emulating Cheney with the bird gun:
And the original model from 1976:
Automated google-spoofing is under way, pumping up right wing flack pieces to protect Romney. The clowns also tell us that Ford was a genius and Dick Cheney wasn't at fault shooting Harry Whittington.
There's more: WaPo fact checking and Mother Jones, plus a full and accurate transcript past le chignon d'orange..."
"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

He was referring to 9/11/01 not 9/11/12.
GOPidiotsx

Hollywood, FL

#801951 Nov 10, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
But it didn't cause the attack in Benghazi, that was preplanned.
So was 9/11/01, what's your point, pinhead?
I'll go with Cindoleeza's appraisal of the situation, and leave you with Sean Hannity, who predicted a Romney landslide.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#801952 Nov 10, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
So by your own admission there are still people without food, water, and shelter.
They teach reading in first grade in NY.

“I am”

Since: Jul 11

The Original Intention

#801954 Nov 10, 2012
In order to be a Republican you have to believe..

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T01IFVGEIG0V8...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#801955 Nov 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No one is without food or water__only a fkn lunatic would believe that.
That explains Jean's view on the situation. Thanks RT.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#801958 Nov 10, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
WHAT COULD HE POSSIBLY HAVE SEEN IN HER?)
Just a guess here...his penis?
GOPidiotsx

Hollywood, FL

#801959 Nov 10, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
The fat guy from Jersey seems pretty pleased with the federal response to the biggest and most destructive storm ever to hit the East Coast.
In FL we were w/o power for 3 weeks after Cat 1 Wilma. Get a clue, Mitt's magic underpants and all his sister wives wouldn't have fared any better.
Your irrational hatred for this President is pathological.
But your outrageous whining is entertaining.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#801960 Nov 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Breitbart was a fat lying fk who died with a coffee cup in his left hand and a mouse in his right hand__
He died while out for a walk. Guess the boys down at moe's forgot to tell you that.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#801961 Nov 10, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
So was 9/11/01, what's your point, pinhead?
I'll go with Cindoleeza's appraisal of the situation, and leave you with Sean Hannity, who predicted a Romney landslide.
9/11/01 was never blamed on a video, it was called exactly what it was from the beginning-a terrorist attack.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#801962 Nov 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you feel like some kind of scam is going on? I know I do.
That nutcular option is sucking up daily to the debil,begetting slanderous lie after slanderous lie?
lol

Sociopathic liar, nutcase, general delusional hater of anything that doesn't agree with the commieTic-manifesto or all of the above?

The TEA Party (did ya see the representative flag flack?)
Already saving America from despotism!
H2S!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#801963 Nov 10, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
They teach reading in first grade in NY.
Keep trying, maybe you can still learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL 71,186
Chicago Pizza Blows 41 min joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr festivus infidel 68,906
Ask Amy 12-23 3 hr Mister Tonka 14
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports