Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
741,721 - 741,740 of 1,101,472 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801591 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be asking yourself who pays for 72 million.
But you'll know soon enough.
Romney's solution was reform. That's a good thing when something isn't working.
His plan: back to States!

We had that for 200 years!

Texas: republican: 8 million uninsured. Forever.

ACA: SAVES MONEY! COVERS 100%. LAW OF THE LAND.

Who pays for ER when uninsured can't pay and go bankrupt?

Federal Gov.

Mitt said: good same old same old. Saves nothing solves nothing.

Get a clue loser!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#801592 Nov 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah.
So if you have a taxable income of $100K and your rate goes from 28 to 25%, you evidently don;t have an additional $3k in your bank account?
Did or did not the tax cuts give you that additional $3K.
if I was to see a tax cut (ha ha) it would not give me one single an additional dollar .it would only leave the money that I have allready worked for in my pocket. Being able to keep more of what I allready have is not giveing anything .its just less theft of what is mine.

Why is it you libs seem to think that the money you earn is for everones use and government has every right to all but what they think you should be allowed to keep.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#801593 Nov 10, 2012
We lost the election but we haven’t lost the Country ‘Yet!! 2014 elections will be an indicator whether we reach that tipping point (Government verse Individual Responsibility/Self-Reliance) I still have confidence in the American People making the Right choice in 2014!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#801594 Nov 10, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> if I was to see a tax cut (ha ha) it would not give me one single an additional dollar .it would only leave the money that I have allready worked for in my pocket. Being able to keep more of what I allready have is not giveing anything .its just less theft of what is mine.
Why is it you libs seem to think that the money you earn is for everones use and government has every right to all but what they think you should be allowed to keep.
Because they like Greece's economic system?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801595 Nov 10, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> if I was to see a tax cut (ha ha) it would not give me one single an additional dollar .it would only leave the money that I have allready worked for in my pocket. Being able to keep more of what I allready have is not giveing anything .its just less theft of what is mine.
Taxes are not theft.

We all own the gov.

It is ours. All assets and all debts.

"You people"

Wonder why you lost?

Grow up!

......someday: for NOW: WE WON == YOU LOST -- YOU SCCCKKKKK!
carol

Orlando, FL

#801596 Nov 10, 2012
TSM wrote:
We lost the election but we haven’t lost the Country ‘Yet!! 2014 elections will be an indicator whether we reach that tipping point (Government verse Individual Responsibility/Self-Reliance) I still have confidence in the American People making the Right choice in 2014!!
That's what happened in 1994 - the Republican Revolution under the Clinton administration in the second year of his first term.

Think it just took us four years to adjust to what happened in 2008.

Hopefully, by 2014, Americans will have woken up from their stupor.
carol

Orlando, FL

#801597 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes are not theft.
We all own the gov.
It is ours. All assets and all debts.
"You people"
Wonder why you lost?
Grow up!
......someday: for NOW: WE WON == YOU LOST -- YOU SCCCKKKKK!
The people can only be taxed so much.

Obama doesn't seem to understand this.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#801598 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be asking yourself who pays for 72 million.
But you'll know soon enough.
Romney's solution was reform. That's a good thing when something isn't working.
Romney was soundly defeated after offering a right wing choice.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#801599 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He won carol, might as well get on with your life?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#801600 Nov 10, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text> The President won both the electoral AND the popular vote.
Your sit-n-spin is working just as advertised.
Spin on, spinner....
Read the post again, or have someone read it to you. There was no spin, just raw numbers in battleground states. Notice they gave the same analysis for kerry's loss in 2004.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#801601 Nov 10, 2012
republican war on truth and accuracy continues:

Fresh from a stinging defeat in this week’s national election, Republicans have been newly energized by a plan they say will bring an end to the FiveThiryEight, the blog that correctly forecast President Barack Obama’s re-election win.

“It’s simple, really,” explained Republican National Committee communications director Sean Spicer.“We add three Electoral College votes, which will bring the national total to 541, and that will nullify the predictive success of the FiveThiryEight. It’s just math and logic.”
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#801602 Nov 10, 2012
WTF is wrong with you tards?

oops, just answered my own question

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#801603 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many people are still without power and homes and FEMA is broke?
Obama did what any president would do after a natural disaster. But he was able to capitalize on it right before an election.
And he did. Big time.
I never said he didn't, and I never said Romney didn't try to, either. I don't have any unrealistic expectations that FEMA or anyone else can rebuild a disaster area in 2 weeks even if there were bottomless resources on site. Do you think they keep warehouses full of workers and spare drag & drop cities? FEMA is broke? Why shouldn't they be? They've had had over a hundred disaster declarations so far this year. In your zeal to blame Obama for acts of God, have you ALREADY forgotten Hurricane Isaac and the fires out west?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801604 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing with an idiot like you:

Taxes are the lowest in generations!

Debt grows every year! Under right wingers too: Bush/Cheney cut taxes more AND BORROWED $5 TRILLION!(You cried about this?)(Any of you?) No.

tax cuts: more debt.

The right winger way!

TAXES GOING UP ON RICHEST INCOMES! DEAL WITH IT LOSERS!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#801605 Nov 10, 2012
“I don’t claim to understand statistics and polling because I believe it’s all a myth, just like global warming,” said Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma.“But I think if we change the number of Electoral College votes, it will help people see the FiveThirtyEight for the fraud that it is.”

don't stop believin'

you'll never win another election....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#801606 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol doesn't understand this.
Why aren't you asking SPECIFICALLY which deductions Boehner wants to get rid of? Chances are astronomically high that they will hurt you - but Soros and Adelson won't even notice.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#801607 Nov 10, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
This election was over before it began!
Easy to predict.
Lies are all you had and it was very obvious!
Suck it up and get with the future or fall into the abyss.
Or WHAT?

You gonna PUSH ME???

SEE!

You guys KNOW it's B.S. and people will have to be FORCED to "get with the program" OR ELSE!!

The threats get louder and more menacing every day!

You would be ashamed if you knew (or cared) what the concept of shame was!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#801608 Nov 10, 2012
Kahuna wrote:
<quoted text>It is in the nature of so many of the taker class WHO WENT TO BED NOV.6 DREAMING OF FREE OBOT PHONES, MORTGAGE PAID BY THEIR NEIGHBORS, AND FREE TANKS OF GAS PAID BY BP.
They can't help themselves with display of excessive celebration/spiking the ball, professional protesting, occupying,intimidation,show of force via paramilitary garbed billy clubbed armed Hyphenated-Panthers at voting centers,etc.
Case in point for spiking the ball. I had 2 signs in my yard for GOP candidates on Nov. 6. In the morning I had 20 Demo candidate signs in my yard. Classless parasites.
wow...you're acting as though this shitty strategy didn't lose you the election.

what's that definition of insanity again?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#801609 Nov 10, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
“I don’t claim to understand statistics and polling because I believe it’s all a myth, just like global warming,” said Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma.“But I think if we change the number of Electoral College votes, it will help people see the FiveThirtyEight for the fraud that it is.”
don't stop believin'
you'll never win another election....
BWWWAAAAHAHAHA!!!!

Quoting a senator is not the way to make a point!

LMMFAO!

You want to think you won the last one, you really ARE a gullible sheeple-oid!
carol

Orlando, FL

#801610 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If only the CBO hadn't predicted the economy will grow by 0.05% instead of 1.7% which is necessary to stay afloat if Obama gets his way on January 1.
In its most dire warning yet about the fiscal cliff, the CBO said the economy would contract by 0.5 percent in calendar year 2013 if the George W. Bush-era tax rates expire and automatic spending cuts are implemented.

Unemployment also would rise from 8.2 percent in 2012 to 9.1 percent next year, the office estimates.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43539
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/...

I incorrectly added another zero. It's 0.5% but doesn't really change the scenario.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,378
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 min andet1987 577
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 69,091
Word (Dec '08) 7 min andet1987 4,666
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Sublime1 97,959
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 min andet1987 1,262
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 9 min deutscher Nationa... 56
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min wojar 177,528
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE